Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 22:57 - Jul 15 with 64222 viewsdigswellhoop

sorry if I'm late Armstrong is a talent sign him on a long contract he will be a great player for us if nurtured properly

This post has been edited by an administrator
Armstrong on 11:02 - Jul 16 with 4959 viewsrbee

I wonder if Christian Nourry's comments on Chris Willock's departure are applicable to Sinclair Armstrong?

“Most importantly, we need individuals who are as convinced and excited about the project that the club is now building as we are, whilst respecting budgetary constraints.''
Armstrong on 11:03 - Jul 16 with 4952 viewsNorthernr

Armstrong on 11:02 - Jul 16 by rbee

I wonder if Christian Nourry's comments on Chris Willock's departure are applicable to Sinclair Armstrong?

“Most importantly, we need individuals who are as convinced and excited about the project that the club is now building as we are, whilst respecting budgetary constraints.''

100%
club on 11:36 - Jul 16 with 4720 viewsnix

club on 10:31 - Jul 16 by Gloucs_R

He clearly (possibly his agent) thinks he is better than what he is.

But in his defense, he's been poorly managed by us. We were desperate, threw him in to the deep end and put lots of hopes and dreams on him.

The reality is, he's currently a League 1 / 2 player who needs to be playing at that level, learning the game and scoring goals. Could he be a Championship striker in 2/3 years, possibly. He's certainly got a lot of the attributes but does miss some of the foundations. But he's not going to get to that level without playing 30+ games in the lower leagues next season. If he think he's going to go to Bristol and be anything more than a bench warmer, coming on for the last 20 mins, then he's in for a bit of a shock.

So unlike Chair (Stevenage) and Eze (Wycombe), I think we have handled it poorly but needs must and all that.

PS - Kolli is another one we are getting all excited about, I would like him (and Walsh for that matter) to go out on loan for a season.

But why would you invest that money in him only to see him going somewhere else the next season?

If we'd sent him out on loan last season we would have been paying most of his wages. Say it had worked out for him then we've got a player who would be playing at half-cock for this season - like BOS did - and all that does is to stink out the dressing room. Eze and Chair were both on longer term contracts so it made sense to invest in them. That's why I think his agent is doing him a disservice because these constant short contracts don't encourage clubs to invest in him by putting him on loan etc which will benefit his career in the longer term.

The other thing is that League 1 teams won't just take any old player. Eze and Chair were both much more complete players when they went on loan. Clubs want players on loan that are going to make an instant impact and I've noticed that we tend to send our players to lower League 2 or non-league clubs who are presumably the only ones that will take them.
club on 11:58 - Jul 16 with 4579 viewsjoe90

club on 04:30 - Jul 16 by numptydumpty

I think as clubs seemingly in today's supposedly more savvy and more socially acceptable world we are meant to live in today as a duty of care and especially to younger players, warnings and advice to players that certain agents will not necessarily have your own personal career options in mind and for players to have some awareness that most agents are just in it for their own personal financial gain above the players long term welfare and career progression.

Loyalty also is so not a thing in football today.

Willock, I believe, will regret his decision, but Sinclair even more so. See his career stagnating.
[Post edited 16 Jul 4:32]

I doubt Willock will regret his move. It’s the best thing that could have happened for him. He was never going to get the money he wanted from us and is also never going to be the player he was.

With Armstrong, I don’t see how he fits into our team moving with the style I think Marti is going for. I also don’t see him improving that much, as has been mentioned already, he shows very little natural footballing intelligence. His physical prowess will only carry him so far.

The club has to be realistic about how much they can low-ball players on wages and expect them to ‘buy-in’ to our ‘project’. I won’t hold it against a player who wants to move on, we’ll eventually find the right sort.
club on 12:16 - Jul 16 with 4413 viewsfrancisbowles

club on 11:58 - Jul 16 by joe90

I doubt Willock will regret his move. It’s the best thing that could have happened for him. He was never going to get the money he wanted from us and is also never going to be the player he was.

With Armstrong, I don’t see how he fits into our team moving with the style I think Marti is going for. I also don’t see him improving that much, as has been mentioned already, he shows very little natural footballing intelligence. His physical prowess will only carry him so far.

The club has to be realistic about how much they can low-ball players on wages and expect them to ‘buy-in’ to our ‘project’. I won’t hold it against a player who wants to move on, we’ll eventually find the right sort.

Agree with that. Seen only very marginal improvements in Sinclair in the last two years.
club on 12:51 - Jul 16 with 4222 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Solid post!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

club on 13:01 - Jul 16 with 4157 viewsDaBurgh

'With Armstrong, I don’t see how he fits into our team moving with the style I think Marti is going for.'
Well obviously Marti didn't think that way since, by all accounts, Sinclair was offered a contract extension. So he obviously saw potential that he could fit into our style of playing.
Armstrong on 13:09 - Jul 16 with 4105 viewsBklynRanger

Stoke apparently also now interested according to WLS.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-bristol-city-and-stoke-among-cl
[Post edited 16 Jul 13:10]
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong on 13:20 - Jul 16 with 4039 viewsconnell10

I saw the pic of the whole squad at the end of the go-kart bonding session in Spain, all of them were smiling , except Armstrong who looked most unhappy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong on 13:28 - Jul 16 with 3973 viewsPdog

Armstrong on 13:09 - Jul 16 by BklynRanger

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-bristol-city-and-stoke-among-cl

Nothing like 'another interested party' to grease the wheels of negotiation
Armstrong on 13:40 - Jul 16 with 3870 viewscolinallcars

Armstrong on 13:20 - Jul 16 by connell10

I saw the pic of the whole squad at the end of the go-kart bonding session in Spain, all of them were smiling , except Armstrong who looked most unhappy.

Perhaps someone had eaten his celeriac remoulade in the canteen.
club on 13:44 - Jul 16 with 3832 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

club on 13:01 - Jul 16 by DaBurgh

'With Armstrong, I don’t see how he fits into our team moving with the style I think Marti is going for.'
Well obviously Marti didn't think that way since, by all accounts, Sinclair was offered a contract extension. So he obviously saw potential that he could fit into our style of playing.

Not necessarily. Young players are usually offered deals to stop what is exactly happening now, it doesn't necessarily mean he will be integral to the starting 11.

Willock and now Armstrong both gone/going to teams who are at the same level as us. If they were any good they would be off to the PL or even a top Championship team. They haven't and that says it all.

We can replace both with better, not only ability, but attitude as well.
club on 14:04 - Jul 16 with 3639 viewsMatch82

club on 10:30 - Jul 16 by wombat

figure being put around last night was , wait for it £250k id have thought maybe a million max with a decent sell on clause , which lets be honest wont ever be paid ,

I don't think he's really done anything yet, but any club wanting to sign him, including us, is gambling on the upside, rather than what's there at the moment.

While that's the case for a lot of younger players it's even more so true in this case where he has some elite attributes and several will under par, vs a player who is"good" across the board
Armstrong on 14:19 - Jul 16 with 3524 viewscpgerber

Some of his misses in the last Girona camp game were painful to watch and confirmation that, even if it was just pre-season, he still has a long way to go.
Armstrong on 14:47 - Jul 16 with 3313 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Armstrong on 13:09 - Jul 16 by BklynRanger

Not the Liverpool and Celtic we (and Sincs) were lead to believe. Soooo, let the horse trading begin...my money is on Nourry by the way!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Armstrong on 15:09 - Jul 16 with 3167 viewsBklynRanger

Armstrong on 14:47 - Jul 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Not the Liverpool and Celtic we (and Sincs) were lead to believe. Soooo, let the horse trading begin...my money is on Nourry by the way!

Wouldn't it be beautiful if our club, for once, could be the context for one of those 'silly money' situations?

In the right direction of course. Not going to happen but one can dream.
Armstrong on 15:31 - Jul 16 with 3030 viewsconnell10

Armstrong on 13:40 - Jul 16 by colinallcars

Perhaps someone had eaten his celeriac remoulade in the canteen.

Well he has every right to feel peeved if true ....Bastards!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong on 16:29 - Jul 16 with 2758 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

If anyone wants to give anything for him, then sell. That would be my opinion.

He is dreadful, and contrary to some of the comments in this thread, he has a truly awful attitude.

Plus if he won’t sign a contract it is too late for a loan. His agent needs to have a serious word with himself.

He has a shocking touch when dibbling, which is pretty much his only attribute (I.e. pace to get away from the oppo), he battles centre halfs and loses almost every time then moans. He is always offside, and have you noticed the amount of screaming that Marti has to do to try and get the bloke doing anything remotely close to his part of the defensive press.

He may eventually become an almost adequate Championship player…but only with LOADS of development and with his attitude and his agents I fear that is simply never going to happen.
Armstrong on 16:35 - Jul 16 with 2718 viewsbosh67

Armstrong on 16:29 - Jul 16 by Philothesuperhoop

He is dreadful, and contrary to some of the comments in this thread, he has a truly awful attitude.

Plus if he won’t sign a contract it is too late for a loan. His agent needs to have a serious word with himself.

He has a shocking touch when dibbling, which is pretty much his only attribute (I.e. pace to get away from the oppo), he battles centre halfs and loses almost every time then moans. He is always offside, and have you noticed the amount of screaming that Marti has to do to try and get the bloke doing anything remotely close to his part of the defensive press.

He may eventually become an almost adequate Championship player…but only with LOADS of development and with his attitude and his agents I fear that is simply never going to happen.

You're not exactly selling him here Phil.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Armstrong on 16:41 - Jul 16 with 2660 viewsnumptydumpty

Would not go quite so damning as that.

But agree with the offsides, overcelebrations/overegged complaining.

And key fact zero touch, zero composure and zero improvements.

In fact would say he has regressed.

Missed opportunity I feel but perhaps he is not the right stuff to improve.

He won't be missed but should have signed the longer contract offered and the club would have worked with him to refine his qualities.

Moment he didn't sign, please close the door on the way out.

He will regret leaving us I would say.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Armstrong on 16:54 - Jul 16 with 2591 viewsBoston

Armstrong on 13:20 - Jul 16 by connell10

He can't drive.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Armstrong on 17:25 - Jul 16 with 2458 viewsnick_hammersmith

Let him go for any fee, but make sure we get a sell on.
Then if he ever did take off at least we might get something back.

However, I can't see him winning young player of the year at QPR again after scoring less than five goals in a full season.

What a shame though, as he looked like he might have been the next Les Ferdinand, and while we still had Sir Les at the club to 1:1 coach him... :(
Armstrong on 17:56 - Jul 16 with 2301 viewsdmm

The fans' view of Armstrong is pretty much unanimous: sell him.

Despite the lad being a crowd pleaser, his record of 3 goals in 61 Championship appearances shows why. (Okay, he also bagged another goal in the FA cup against the Cherries.)

His development during the three and a half years that he's been with us has not convinced us he's got what it takes to be a decent striker at this level.

If the rumours are true, other clubs must feel they can get more out of the lad than we've been able to. So fair enough, pay up and have a go.

I feel confident Nourry will be ready to do business with the highest bidder.
Armstrong on 17:57 - Jul 16 with 2301 viewsNorthantsHoop

Armstrong on 17:25 - Jul 16 by nick_hammersmith

Let him go for any fee, but make sure we get a sell on.
Then if he ever did take off at least we might get something back.

However, I can't see him winning young player of the year at QPR again after scoring less than five goals in a full season.

What a shame though, as he looked like he might have been the next Les Ferdinand, and while we still had Sir Les at the club to 1:1 coach him... :(

Agree get a fee and a sell on clause just in case he significantly improves.
Armstrong on 18:04 - Jul 16 with 2245 viewsBristolR

Hey TC!

https://images.app.goo.gl/3jN6yz6RA1jx5JW8A
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024