Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin - Discuss... 17:21 - Feb 5 with 24509 viewsParkRoyalR

I know he gets a 6 every week, must be at least a 5 for getting into those shorts, today was blowing hard after 10, and to be that unfit at this stage in the season is a disgrace, with him we are playing with 10 men.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:27 - Feb 5 with 6422 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sadly, I'll second that emotion. It looks like he gets some kind of special pass from Warburton and everyone else at the club, in a way that belittles our professionalism and stymies our promotion campaign, as well as helping us find yet another way to exit the Cup today, with plenty of help from our crap bench.

PS Dykes was scarcely any better today - we might as well have played without strikers.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 17:27]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:32 - Feb 5 with 6406 viewsplasmahoop

He still knows where the goal is I reckon he'll score a few key goals over the next 3 months
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:33 - Feb 5 with 6389 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Today was very poor.

Charlie Austin has been excellent for us over a long time but today was not acceptable.

Charlie is a Ranger so hopefully will bounce back against Middlesboro
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:34 - Feb 5 with 6368 viewstraininvain

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:32 - Feb 5 by plasmahoop

He still knows where the goal is I reckon he'll score a few key goals over the next 3 months

That’s the way I see it. I don’t think Austin should be starting games. He’s not the same players and age has caught up with him. But I can see him making a useful contribution coming off the bench as we saw against WBA.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:35 - Feb 5 with 6353 viewsStreathamRanger

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:32 - Feb 5 by plasmahoop

He's sure to score a couple more this season but I think it should probably be from the bench unless Dykes or Gray are both injured. Need everyone chipping in with goals as we've nobody prolific.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:36 - Feb 5 with 6309 viewsStanisgod

I would have thought that after getting 2 v Reading Dykes would have been up for it, especially with support, but the Chaz thing is weird, hasnt looked good since day one this season, how can anyone go downhill so quickly after the end of last season.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:41 - Feb 5 with 6271 viewsted_hendrix

Yes It's high time he was slaughtered and turned into a meat and potato pie.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:42 - Feb 5 with 6262 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:27 - Feb 5 by stainrods_elbow

Sadly, I'll second that emotion. It looks like he gets some kind of special pass from Warburton and everyone else at the club, in a way that belittles our professionalism and stymies our promotion campaign, as well as helping us find yet another way to exit the Cup today, with plenty of help from our crap bench.

PS Dykes was scarcely any better today - we might as well have played without strikers.

I would argue Dykes was playing as a lone striker today, pressed hard, ran the lines and won what would have been a crucial penalty in the 83rd minute - at least earnt his wages and wore the shirt with pride.
Login to get fewer ads

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:42 - Feb 5 with 6261 viewsMiss_Terraces

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:27 - Feb 5 by stainrods_elbow

Dykes performance against the fakes would have been far inferior, if Willock hadn't of played.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:46 - Feb 5 with 6197 viewsMiss_Terraces

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:34 - Feb 5 by traininvain

That’s the way I see it. I don’t think Austin should be starting games. He’s not the same players and age has caught up with him. But I can see him making a useful contribution coming off the bench as we saw against WBA.

It is not an age problem, it's a lifestyle problem. There are many players older than him, who haven't dropped off from their peak. He needs to be used as an impact substitute because that's where we get the best out of him

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:52 - Feb 5 with 6120 viewsMalintabuk

Charlie was bad today. The telling thing for me today was how much we have depended on Willock these last few weeks
We right praise Chair but with no Willock in that team today we really did look bereft of attacking ideas.
Also no Field and Jo-Jo regressed back to his anonymous pre Field days, these 2 seem vital for the players around them
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:52 - Feb 5 with 6108 viewstraininvain

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:46 - Feb 5 by Miss_Terraces

It is not an age problem, it's a lifestyle problem. There are many players older than him, who haven't dropped off from their peak. He needs to be used as an impact substitute because that's where we get the best out of him

And you know that how? It could quite easily be a consequence of injuries taking their toll over the years. Lots of variables involved.

Pure speculation to suggest it’s solely down to lifestyle which I doubt you have any real knowledge about.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:53 - Feb 5 with 6089 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Today showed me how much we rely on Willock
He is critical if we have any chance to get promotion
Chair was mediocre today and our forwards were crap
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:57 - Feb 5 with 6052 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Yes Field important too

Against Boro i would revert to
Dieng

Albert
Dickie
Dunne
Barbet
Wallace

Amos
Field
Johansen

Willock
Chair
Dykes
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 17:58]
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:58 - Feb 5 with 6017 viewsstainrods_elbow

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:53 - Feb 5 by superhoopdownunder

Today showed me how much we rely on Willock
He is critical if we have any chance to get promotion
Chair was mediocre today and our forwards were crap

Chair was still relatively bright in a misty sea of mediocrity, hit the bar, and at least stretched their keeper before that. But our manager saw fit to take him off nonetheless.

If we don't really turn it on against Boro, egg will be really and truly over said manager's face. And even if we do, I'll still have a cob on at our latest Cup sacking-off (you could write a horrible book)!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:58 - Feb 5 with 6025 viewsStreathamRanger

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:52 - Feb 5 by traininvain

And you know that how? It could quite easily be a consequence of injuries taking their toll over the years. Lots of variables involved.

Pure speculation to suggest it’s solely down to lifestyle which I doubt you have any real knowledge about.

You do wonder though, if injuries have really taken their toll to the point where he can't perform at this level, then why wasn't this picked up in a medical and why was he given a two year contract? If he's injured then why is he getting games. We could have gone with one up top today.
He's only 32. Just Googled Lewis Grabban to see his age assuming he might be a bit younger than Charlie. He's 34 yet seems so much more mobile than Austin. I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make other than I hope we don't make a habit of signing players who don't seem physically capable of playing very much football. Especially if they're going to be amongst the top earners at the club. That way lies financial ruin.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:00 - Feb 5 with 6001 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:58 - Feb 5 by StreathamRanger

You do wonder though, if injuries have really taken their toll to the point where he can't perform at this level, then why wasn't this picked up in a medical and why was he given a two year contract? If he's injured then why is he getting games. We could have gone with one up top today.
He's only 32. Just Googled Lewis Grabban to see his age assuming he might be a bit younger than Charlie. He's 34 yet seems so much more mobile than Austin. I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make other than I hope we don't make a habit of signing players who don't seem physically capable of playing very much football. Especially if they're going to be amongst the top earners at the club. That way lies financial ruin.

Charlie can't run
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:02 - Feb 5 with 5971 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:52 - Feb 5 by traininvain

I have 1st hand knowledge of his lifestyle as do many other Rangers fans!
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:04 - Feb 5 with 5949 viewstraininvain

Austin’s never been particularly mobile but agree he’s moving at a snails pace recently. It’s hard to watch.

One point that is made consistently about Austin (and Dykes) is they’ll only score if the service is good and too often we don’t create chances for them. I’m struggling to think of any chances today.

Different story with Willock on the pitch which is why he needed to be rested today ahead of Wednesday.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:06 - Feb 5 with 5931 viewspaulparker

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:02 - Feb 5 by ParkRoyalR

I have 1st hand knowledge of his lifestyle as do many other Rangers fans!

I have a feeling you must have been right behind me today ParkRoyal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:08 - Feb 5 with 5898 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

"if you can't handle me at my Peterborough, then you don't deserve me at my West Brom"
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:15 - Feb 5 with 5821 viewsjohnhoop

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:00 - Feb 5 by superhoopdownunder

Charlie can't run

Or surf.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:19 - Feb 5 with 5778 viewsCamberleyR

Three weeks ago when getting the last minute winner everyone was blowing smoke up his arse. Fickle doesn't describe our fanbase sometimes unless it's Austin's turn to be club scapegoat this week.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:19 - Feb 5 with 5775 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If it means we go up I don't care about today but it was rubbish which was a shame for our amazing supporters.

5.20am in Aus
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:24 - Feb 5 with 5698 viewspaulparker

Austin was terrible today, miles off the pace , but so were Amos ( invincible) and chair (not match sharp) , Wallace was also bad
I can’t get my head around taking off SJ when we had them on the ropes for Dozzell, for me that was when we threw in the towel

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024