Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin - Discuss... 17:21 - Feb 5 with 24950 viewsParkRoyalR

I know he gets a 6 every week, must be at least a 5 for getting into those shorts, today was blowing hard after 10, and to be that unfit at this stage in the season is a disgrace, with him we are playing with 10 men.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:24 - Feb 5 with 2835 viewsHarbour

Bit harsh title of this thread given his service to the club. He is going through a rough patch I would not bet against him getting a few more vital goals.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:26 - Feb 5 with 2820 viewsStreathamRanger

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:19 - Feb 5 by CamberleyR

Three weeks ago when getting the last minute winner everyone was blowing smoke up his arse. Fickle doesn't describe our fanbase sometimes unless it's Austin's turn to be club scapegoat this week.

I said on the match thread, I'm wary of scapegoating and I'm not questioning Austin's commitment but his form this season is a worry. I suppose he was probably picked to start to accommodate a bit of a rest for Willock which I'm not necessarily against. I guess we'll see over the next few games if we revert back to Chair and Willock with Dykes up top. I'd have Charlie on the bench every game. If you're chasing the games and getting some quality delivery in the box then he's ideal off the bench. For 90 minutes most defenders would be fairly capable of keeping him quiet.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:28 - Feb 5 with 2798 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:06 - Feb 5 by paulparker

I have a feeling you must have been right behind me today ParkRoyal

If I was PP I apologise, didn't enjoy that game after the 2nd goal.

Austin's 2 contributions today we're kicking their player off the ball and then standing over their injured player arguing about time-wasting; both contributions aimed at covering off his lack of effort with our more gullible fans.

I expect our players to be fit to play and put in maximum effort, not to be staggering around knackered after 10 minutes.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:33 - Feb 5 with 2759 viewsJigsore

Are we sure he's 32 and not 36, 37?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:33 - Feb 5 with 2758 viewsdavman

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:24 - Feb 5 by Harbour

Bit harsh title of this thread given his service to the club. He is going through a rough patch I would not bet against him getting a few more vital goals.

I was waiting for this defence of him. Yes, he has an immense amount of credit in the bank, but this season he has been well off the pace. If it carries on, I'd dread to see how things pan out next season as we cannot afford a passenger on our wage bill.

He was absolutely hopeless today. PP, it could have been me behind you. We're you with a young lad who stood on the seat 2nd half?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 2663 viewspaulparker

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:28 - Feb 5 by ParkRoyalR

If I was PP I apologise, didn't enjoy that game after the 2nd goal.

Austin's 2 contributions today we're kicking their player off the ball and then standing over their injured player arguing about time-wasting; both contributions aimed at covering off his lack of effort with our more gullible fans.

I expect our players to be fit to play and put in maximum effort, not to be staggering around knackered after 10 minutes.

Nor did I mate

I thought the team and 90% of the fan base thought this would be a walk over today , the first 20 minutes we strolled around thinking we were to good for this, that’s what p1ssed me off today

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 2663 viewsbosh67

I think no one will be more disappointed than Charlie today so I'm pretty dismayed by this thread to be honest. Been one of our best players and best strikers in this shirt. He will know he has to be better and fitter, and I am confident he still has it in the tank.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:51 - Feb 5 with 2651 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He hasn’t seemed fit to me all season, but I don’t think he needs to be called a disgrace or not fit to wear the shirt.

We are 7 points better off because of his goals this season. That is the difference between 4th and 8th

Let’s show some decorum, even if today was a bad one:

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52474
Login to get fewer ads

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:52 - Feb 5 with 2656 viewsBklynRanger

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:24 - Feb 5 by paulparker

Austin was terrible today, miles off the pace , but so were Amos ( invincible) and chair (not match sharp) , Wallace was also bad
I can’t get my head around taking off SJ when we had them on the ropes for Dozzell, for me that was when we threw in the towel

Stef and Chair going off was a mistake absolutely as far as the cup goes. It'll be explained as a sports science situation but sometimes you have to leave well alone shirley? What's the desirable balance between winning at slightly over the advisable load vs sitting back and watching an unnecessary loss?

It also seemed to cause a shift in position for Hendrick to a deeper role which didn't suit him at all compared to the period beforehand.

So we went from Stef, Chair and Hendrik in the right position to rusty Dozzell, stuttering Thomas and Hendrik in the wrong position.

Charlie couldn't trap a bag of sand today and ran like one but we could've won that anyway without those changes.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:59 - Feb 5 with 2609 viewsurrrrssss

Should of won 3 - 0 !! if you don't score you cannot win, Marshall had 2 things to do, pick the ball out the net twice !! they had 2 shots !! sorry Charlie but not very good . oh well how sad never mind, there's always next year lol.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:05 - Feb 5 with 2552 viewstraininvain

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:49 - Feb 5 by bosh67

I think no one will be more disappointed than Charlie today so I'm pretty dismayed by this thread to be honest. Been one of our best players and best strikers in this shirt. He will know he has to be better and fitter, and I am confident he still has it in the tank.

Agree. I don’t think it’s unfair to say ‘Austin was disappointing today’. It’s the ‘he’s not fit to wear the shirt’ part that I find unnecessary.

It was only a few weeks ago that he was the hero against WBA. Now he’s not fit to wear the hoops. All seems a bit over-dramatic.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:11 - Feb 5 with 2508 viewsHastings_Hoops

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:42 - Feb 5 by Miss_Terraces

Dykes performance against the fakes would have been far inferior, if Willock hadn't of played.

And Willock wouldn’t have got the assist if Dykes hadn’t played.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:12 - Feb 5 with 2499 viewsbosh67

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:05 - Feb 5 by traininvain

Agree. I don’t think it’s unfair to say ‘Austin was disappointing today’. It’s the ‘he’s not fit to wear the shirt’ part that I find unnecessary.

It was only a few weeks ago that he was the hero against WBA. Now he’s not fit to wear the hoops. All seems a bit over-dramatic.

Exactly!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:17 - Feb 5 with 2441 viewstraininvain

It’s funny because I remember Zamora getting similar stick on here a few years ago and we all remember how that season ended. Let’s hope history repeats itself!
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:18 - Feb 5 with 2441 viewsStreathamRanger

There's only one or two saying he's not fit to wear the hoops, most would agree he's not been anywhere near his best this year and a role off the bench is probably what he'll have between now and the end of the season. No doubt he'll chip in with a couple more goals as well. I think it is fair though to be a bit disappointed with the return on what is a significant investment for our club in terms of wages.
Hopefully he offers a lot more around the club than just what we see on the pitch. He's been a good mentor/cheerleader for Dykes and his family's obvious connection with the club probably feeds into other players buying into that kind of mentality.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:20 - Feb 5 with 2412 viewsPunteR

‘he’s not fit to wear the shirt’ part that I find unnecessary.

I thought it was a bit tongue in cheek about his size and fitness.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:36 - Feb 5 with 2342 viewsEalingHoop81

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:57 - Feb 5 by superhoopdownunder

Yes Field important too

Against Boro i would revert to
Dieng

Albert
Dickie
Dunne
Barbet
Wallace

Amos
Field
Johansen

Willock
Chair
Dykes
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 17:58]

I expect they may void the win and give it to Boro if we play with 12 men 😀😀
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:40 - Feb 5 with 2313 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 17:34 - Feb 5 by traininvain

That’s the way I see it. I don’t think Austin should be starting games. He’s not the same players and age has caught up with him. But I can see him making a useful contribution coming off the bench as we saw against WBA.

He’s 32! Age has got nothing to do with it. It’s his mindset that is wrong. As a Senior Pro, he appears to think he’s entitled to take his foot off the pedal.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:46 - Feb 5 with 2267 viewstraininvain

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 19:20 - Feb 5 by PunteR

‘he’s not fit to wear the shirt’ part that I find unnecessary.

I thought it was a bit tongue in cheek about his size and fitness.?

Fair enough if it was tongue in cheek. Hopefully that’s the case.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:23 - Feb 5 with 2095 viewsDorse

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 18:00 - Feb 5 by superhoopdownunder

Charlie can't run

Charlie don't surf

Edit - bollox. Beat me to it.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 20:27]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:24 - Feb 5 with 2094 viewsBlackCrowe

Abysmal and depressing thread. We seem to have acquired delusions of grandeur and entitlement. Noone had a particularly good game today. It's the cohesive spirit between management, players and fans that's playing such an important part for us punching as high as we are. STFU FFS.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:44 - Feb 5 with 2009 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:24 - Feb 5 by BlackCrowe

Abysmal and depressing thread. We seem to have acquired delusions of grandeur and entitlement. Noone had a particularly good game today. It's the cohesive spirit between management, players and fans that's playing such an important part for us punching as high as we are. STFU FFS.

Lets disagree on this as we have a player nowhere near match fitness making minimal effort who exited the pitch and sat in the Ellerslie Stand for 15 minutes recently as he said later in The Princess Vic after his 3rd pint of Perroni it was because he had 'the hump' being substituted. Not a great example of cohesive spirit imo.

I've said for a long while now last 15 minute impact player at best but seeing him blowing so hard after10 minutes today and watching him for last 15 versus Reading I'm not sure he can do 15 minutes in his current condition.

Lifestyle, injury toll, age, whatever - starting with him is like playing with 10 men. Sad but true.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:46 - Feb 5 with 1997 viewsQPRSteve

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:24 - Feb 5 by BlackCrowe

I'll second those sentiments.
Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:49 - Feb 5 with 1983 viewsBlackCrowe

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:44 - Feb 5 by ParkRoyalR

Lets disagree on this as we have a player nowhere near match fitness making minimal effort who exited the pitch and sat in the Ellerslie Stand for 15 minutes recently as he said later in The Princess Vic after his 3rd pint of Perroni it was because he had 'the hump' being substituted. Not a great example of cohesive spirit imo.

I've said for a long while now last 15 minute impact player at best but seeing him blowing so hard after10 minutes today and watching him for last 15 versus Reading I'm not sure he can do 15 minutes in his current condition.

Lifestyle, injury toll, age, whatever - starting with him is like playing with 10 men. Sad but true.

But you're making him the scapegoat and that's not fair.

He's not picking himself (and i'm def not having a go at MB) or do you think he is and he wants to have a bad game.

It was a cup match, a bonus chance, the main game is on Weds and Chaz will start and leave early or come on in 2nd. With a more than fair chance of being in the right place at the right time and doing what we need.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 20:50]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Austin not fit to wear the shirt (or shorts) on 20:49 - Feb 5 with 1979 viewsLowerloftLad

He got slammed after Rotherham, and scored Vs west brom.

So I will have a fiver on a Charlie goal either Wednesday or Saturday.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024