Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budget 15:01 - Nov 17 with 6625 viewsSonofpugwash

I am sat here watching Jeremy Hunt murdering the plebs whilst pretending to punish energy companies. I suggest you all watch just to see and understand what tyranny truly is and it’s here to stay. Revolution?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Budget on 15:07 - Nov 17 with 3780 viewsToast_R

Wait until the Council tax increases are announced next year. £2060 for a band D where I live. Shocking.
Budget on 15:23 - Nov 17 with 3747 viewsBucksRanger

Should have stuck with Liz Truss eh?
Budget on 15:26 - Nov 17 with 3739 viewscolinallcars

I think just about every measure was in the papers days ago, so we knew exactly what he was going to say.
The only thing I might have missed - don't councils have to have a referendum before increasing council tax ? I thought that was the case.
Budget on 15:34 - Nov 17 with 3706 viewsToast_R

Budget on 15:26 - Nov 17 by colinallcars

I think just about every measure was in the papers days ago, so we knew exactly what he was going to say.
The only thing I might have missed - don't councils have to have a referendum before increasing council tax ? I thought that was the case.

Used to be for anything over 2.99% but JH has now moved the goalposts to 5%. With councils having g to make even further savings and with the costs in Adult social services, we're gonna get whacked for sure.
Budget on 15:34 - Nov 17 with 3705 viewsBucksRanger

As of today - 3% council tax rise, 2% social care rise. Only after that comes a referendum. Expect everyone to get a 5% upgrade come next April.
Budget on 16:44 - Nov 17 with 3573 viewsbosh67

When he says he will protect the most vulnerable from tax increases it turns out he means billionaires and billionaire nondoms.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Budget on 18:25 - Nov 17 with 3400 viewscolinallcars

“Biggest drop in living standards since the fifties”

Ah, the fifties - Butskellism (ask Bazza), rock n roll, roads full of British cars and motorbikes, beer was beer(!), makes me quite tearful.
Budget on 18:45 - Nov 17 with 3336 viewsClive_Anderson

Inflation busting increases for public sector pensions and bennies while the ones actually paying for it all forced to take it squarely in the gob. Tory budget my @rse.

In totally unrelated news the numbers on sickness benefits is at record highs as workers are realising it's totally pointless bothering and if you can't beat them you might as well join them. Thinking about it myself now too as my fibromyalgia is playing up again.
Login to get fewer ads

Budget on 18:53 - Nov 17 with 3308 viewsterryb

I'm so thrilled that I will be able to vote for a Mayor of Suffolk. I'm obviously not using my imagination to much effect, but I can't possibly see how this will benefit the county. Will we now be charged extra on our rates?
Budget on 18:56 - Nov 17 with 3295 viewsterryb

And another thing! A minimum of twice Hunt referred to the Lawson "Big Bang" budget of 1986.

My memory is obviously at fault, but I thought "The Big Bang" was the name given to the collapse of the financial markets in 1987, possibly as a result of this budget.
Budget on 18:57 - Nov 17 with 3293 viewsQPR_John

Budget on 16:44 - Nov 17 by bosh67

When he says he will protect the most vulnerable from tax increases it turns out he means billionaires and billionaire nondoms.

£150000 down to £125140. But then when Labour win the next GE it will be all milk and honey. But seriously it really is difficult to understand how the Tory’s failed to predict the pandemic and war in Europe in their 2019 manifesto
[Post edited 17 Nov 2022 18:58]
Budget on 19:12 - Nov 17 with 3221 viewsThe_Beast1976

Budget on 18:45 - Nov 17 by Clive_Anderson

Inflation busting increases for public sector pensions and bennies while the ones actually paying for it all forced to take it squarely in the gob. Tory budget my @rse.

In totally unrelated news the numbers on sickness benefits is at record highs as workers are realising it's totally pointless bothering and if you can't beat them you might as well join them. Thinking about it myself now too as my fibromyalgia is playing up again.

Bang on there
Budget on 19:23 - Nov 17 with 3206 viewscolinallcars

Budget on 18:57 - Nov 17 by QPR_John

£150000 down to £125140. But then when Labour win the next GE it will be all milk and honey. But seriously it really is difficult to understand how the Tory’s failed to predict the pandemic and war in Europe in their 2019 manifesto

I dunno mate, the price of milk and honey these days……
Budget on 20:35 - Nov 17 with 3040 viewsBlackCrowe

Reluctant to join this thread but through the utter carnage of covid and chaotic government, i literally don't know what a 'good' budget would look like from either side. Definitely not free stuff and not anti-business nor allowing excess profits, but god know what the sweet spot it. Local govt and NHS wastage is wreckage. Unions are seizing the armour chink and exploiting it. Glad i've not the gig. Conservatives need to get our of govt pronto, Labour pathetic (though i like Rachel Reeve which gives some hope and quite like Clive Lewis, Starmer pointess). Glad i've not the gig.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Budget on 20:41 - Nov 17 with 3022 viewsstevec

Growth, where’s the growth?!

We’re standing on our wealth and the fckers won’t dig it up. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and put a couple of accountants in charge to oversee the nation as it all turns to shit.
Budget on 21:54 - Nov 17 with 2899 viewsHAYESBOY

23 percent fuel duty hike in the small print. Wonder why Hunt didn't mention that in his speech. From March next year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2022/11/17/23-fuel-duty-hike-starts-mar

Smells like a trout farm in here

Budget on 22:29 - Nov 17 with 2852 viewsnumptydumpty

When is debt not a debt !!!

When it's the NATIONAL debt

The rules of bogstandard economics are of irrelevance when it comes to our nation.

Trillions in debt, which will never ever be recovered until the end of time !!!

The tories, seem to print money out of thin air, which is a skill, I personally wish I had acquired !!!

It seemed fair to me but the long term effects, I have zero idea these days as the laws of supply and demand are considered to be totally without consequence...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Budget on 22:36 - Nov 17 with 2827 viewscolinallcars

Budget on 22:29 - Nov 17 by numptydumpty

When is debt not a debt !!!

When it's the NATIONAL debt

The rules of bogstandard economics are of irrelevance when it comes to our nation.

Trillions in debt, which will never ever be recovered until the end of time !!!

The tories, seem to print money out of thin air, which is a skill, I personally wish I had acquired !!!

It seemed fair to me but the long term effects, I have zero idea these days as the laws of supply and demand are considered to be totally without consequence...

Sounds like my ol' dad who used to say to me in about 1949 “ your trouble son, is you don't know the value of money. It don't grow on bleedin' trees yer know”
Budget on 22:44 - Nov 17 with 2809 viewsnumptydumpty

Budget on 22:36 - Nov 17 by colinallcars

Sounds like my ol' dad who used to say to me in about 1949 “ your trouble son, is you don't know the value of money. It don't grow on bleedin' trees yer know”

Or as my nephew at the age of four said to my sister,

"Don't worry about money mummy. If you need some more, just go to the bank !!!"

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Budget on 22:49 - Nov 17 with 2793 viewsRanger_Things

Budget on 08:08 - Nov 18 with 2615 viewsWatford_Ranger

Budget on 18:45 - Nov 17 by Clive_Anderson

Think that’s due to Long Covid.
Budget on 08:53 - Nov 18 with 2544 viewsbosh67

Budget on 18:57 - Nov 17 by QPR_John

Hmm. I am not particularly a Labour supporter and certainly not a Tory supporter these days. On what you said.

'difficult to understand how the Tory’s failed to predict the pandemic.' I agree but they made a lot of money awarding PPE contracts to their 'mates' and NHS Test and Trace spend was £13.5 billion up to April 2021.

'War in Europe' Russia annexed Crimea in March 2014 and we were complicit in doing nothing then. We actually invited Russian money to effectively be washed through the UK economy in industrial quantities. Numerous Russian 'investors' peppering the Conservative coffers.

Outside that the continuation of HS2 at a budget of £98bn seems utterly wreckless. With such a huge hole in the economy building something that saves 20 minutes end to end to do what when anyone arrives in this economy is just stupid. Should have been mothballed.

There are of course outside issues, it would be daft to suggest otherwise but I really don't think it is an easy job defending this government.

And let's not forget they gave us Brexit, which despite various economists saying the should leave the EU has turned out to be an absolute car crash and probably would have been without the pandemic or the war.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Budget on 09:24 - Nov 18 with 2504 viewsdmm

It's at least a little encouraging to see some main stream media telling the truth about this mythical 'fiscal black hole'. There isn't one. It's politicised number crunching to justify this budget, which itself is another Tory measure that attempts to shrink the state.
Budget on 09:38 - Nov 18 with 2482 viewseasthertsr

Simply, twelve years of this lot in charge has led to this. Of course there has been the pandemic and the war in Ukraine. But Brexit? Truss? Austerity? PPE fiasco? Track and Trace farce? Care home scandal? The list is endless, incompetence and corruption have shamed their time in office. Any attempt at defending this sh1tshow is laughable.
Budget on 09:42 - Nov 18 with 2463 viewsPhildo

if the system keeps fking over the young and putting pensions up by 10% a year we are looking at some serious reprisals in years to come. I say that as someone nearer a pension than my 20s.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 9:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024