Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report 17:27 - Feb 12 with 6948 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59580
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 17:46 - Feb 12 with 4766 viewsterryb

Clive, that is as I described the two goals in the Just Back thread.

Ethan Laird hasn't played well since he returned from his first injury, although he was brilliant up to that point. I'm assuming he is one of the players that we have to pay extra if he's not playing?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 17:51]
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 17:50 - Feb 12 with 4744 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive.

Fair summary.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 18:05 - Feb 12 with 4643 viewsBushRanger82

Hard to see any light down this very dark tunnel we're in.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 18:17 - Feb 12 with 4556 viewsHarbour

Thanks Clive good fair report a worrying time…Enjoyed the Rotterdam reference more than the 96 mins on Saturday..
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 18:28 - Feb 12 with 4488 viewsslmrstid

Much like the game, a report to read with your hands over your eyes to try and not revisit the horror all over again.

God knows how you do it. I hope its cathartic!
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 18:59 - Feb 12 with 4311 viewsDixie_CT

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 18:17 - Feb 12 by Harbour

Thanks Clive good fair report a worrying time…Enjoyed the Rotterdam reference more than the 96 mins on Saturday..

Loved that reference. It reminded me of when I started going to games on my own aged 13. I would go into the ground as soon as the gates of The Loft opened, around about 1:30, and I often heard that song blaring over the PA.

It is just a shame that this Saturday, the Travelling Human Zoo had the chance to tell us how Beautiful, South London is.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:38]
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 19:00 - Feb 12 with 4303 viewsessextaxiboy

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 18:59 - Feb 12 by Dixie_CT

Loved that reference. It reminded me of when I started going to games on my own aged 13. I would go into the ground as soon as the gates of The Loft opened, around about 1:30, and I often heard that song blaring over the PA.

It is just a shame that this Saturday, the Travelling Human Zoo had the chance to tell us how Beautiful, South London is.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:38]

Thanks for keep producing these Clive it cant be easy to sit down at the laptop at the mo
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 19:08 - Feb 12 with 4266 viewscolinallcars

Love the reference to Dieng not being our worst outfielder….
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 19:29 - Feb 12 with 4161 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Loved the Mr Benn reference, I laughed out loud.

A truly horrible game to be at as the whole place is flat. We look shot, and I cant see this being turned around before we are in serious trouble.
For the first time after a game I am starting to think we could be relegated. With the quality of players we have, that is shocking. We were top in October ffs!
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 19:47 - Feb 12 with 4062 viewsmart_Goblin

So glad someone has noticed and pointed out our throw ins. My son pointed this out a couple of years ago and once he told me and couldn’t believe I hadn’t noticed before. To the point that I wished every throw in was given to the opposition 😂.
The fact that that was 3 managers ago and it’s still the same….is becoming a running theme unfortunately
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 19:50 - Feb 12 with 4043 viewsterryb

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 19:47 - Feb 12 by mart_Goblin

So glad someone has noticed and pointed out our throw ins. My son pointed this out a couple of years ago and once he told me and couldn’t believe I hadn’t noticed before. To the point that I wished every throw in was given to the opposition 😂.
The fact that that was 3 managers ago and it’s still the same….is becoming a running theme unfortunately

Believe me, our throw ins have been just the same since I first saw us in 1967. Apart from Darnell furlong going long!

In the 1970's it seemed that these were the best way for our opponents to score!
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 19:59 - Feb 12 with 3989 viewsted_hendrix

I wish this club would leave me alone.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:02]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 20:30 - Feb 12 with 3868 viewsderbyhoop

How many loanees do we have?Roberts and Richards missing again.
Tim unused sub.
Laird was as poor as report says and went missing when Watmore scored.
Lowe tried bur was ineffective, mostly.

Remind me why we are using them.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 23:14 - Feb 12 with 3393 viewsdaveB

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 20:30 - Feb 12 by derbyhoop

How many loanees do we have?Roberts and Richards missing again.
Tim unused sub.
Laird was as poor as report says and went missing when Watmore scored.
Lowe tried bur was ineffective, mostly.

Remind me why we are using them.

using them because Laird is still better than Kakay and Lowe probably best we have up front

For me I'm worried about the manager, they are just not responding to him. If we lose on Tuesday I'd seriously think about making a change which will be expensive but this is not working
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 23:15 - Feb 12 with 3389 viewsNoelmc

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 18:05 - Feb 12 by BushRanger82

Hard to see any light down this very dark tunnel we're in.

In our current form I'd worry that any light at the the end of a tunnel is the Relegation Express hurtling straight towards us.

Thanks for the report, Clive.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 02:14 - Feb 13 with 3181 viewsDannyPaddox

As if by magic, the shopkeeper disappeared.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 06:53 - Feb 13 with 2979 viewsstevec

‘Dieng doing a bloody Cruyff turn’, ha ha, in the gloom I’d half forgotten that, cheered me up no end. Thanks.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 09:34 - Feb 13 with 2693 viewsslmrstid

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 06:53 - Feb 13 by stevec

‘Dieng doing a bloody Cruyff turn’, ha ha, in the gloom I’d half forgotten that, cheered me up no end. Thanks.

That was funny 'cos whilst the crowd were cheering enjoying it, the bloke a couple of seats along from me was going absolutely apoplectic about him being up there doing that.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 2604 viewsterryb

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 23:14 - Feb 12 by daveB

using them because Laird is still better than Kakay and Lowe probably best we have up front

For me I'm worried about the manager, they are just not responding to him. If we lose on Tuesday I'd seriously think about making a change which will be expensive but this is not working

Better going forward, definitely. Better defending? I've yet to see it.

Mind you, this probably is not his fault. I expect all of his life he has been encouraged to support the attack & treat his defensive duties as an extra.

Even under Beale I questioned how we could play a back four & have both of our full backs so high up the field (this was also the case if Kakay was playing). This left us with two centre backs & a midfield player ten yards in front of them to defend every time we lost the ball. The wide areas belonged completely to our opponents.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 10:35 - Feb 13 with 2547 viewscalHoop

Great article, as ever.

And thanks for mentioning Andre Dozzell. The bloke gets away with murder. From the side to side passing, to the pathetic 50/50 challenges. One of the weakest players I've seen physically in a long time.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 10:55 - Feb 13 with 2498 viewsAntti_Heinola

Laird would have been by the halfway line for the first goal, as he was the 'out' ball, quite clearly, for most of the game when Seny had it. Blaming him for somehow not managing to cover 40 yards in about 2 seconds after we stupidly gave the ball away seems a bit perverse to me, but there we go.

Otherwise, I thought he tried his nuts off. Simnilarly with Chair, who had to put in 3 superb balls before finally someone actually fkn converted one and was the only player until that point to even have a shot (one admittedly the worst shot I've seen in my life) apart from Lowe's effort. In fact, apart from that one time when he failed to play in Paal in the first half (ands that shot) he had a good game.

Our problem was more three CMs who either prefer to sit or like to get forward but can't anymore. So when Paal and Laird went forward and looked for a pass, they only ever had the option up the line. If that wasn't on, they'd look up into the enormous space in the middle to see absolutely no one there. It's a bit of a strange thing that Tim, who does actually break those lines, has been dropped the moment we play a formation that suits him better.

Bare bones.

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 11:16 - Feb 13 with 2448 viewsNorthantsHoop

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 23:14 - Feb 12 by daveB

Agree I am more worried about the manager and his coaching team. He is not all in here is he, and his demenour would suggest that with the comfort of a sacking pay off he can slip away back to another coaching support role. This lax attitude goes right through the team and has been worsened with Critchley's appointment. If Sunderland are really at it tomorrow night, it could be a Newcastle sized 2016 defeat as under the Hasslebank tenure.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 11:33 - Feb 13 with 2380 viewsAntti_Heinola

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 11:16 - Feb 13 by NorthantsHoop

Agree I am more worried about the manager and his coaching team. He is not all in here is he, and his demenour would suggest that with the comfort of a sacking pay off he can slip away back to another coaching support role. This lax attitude goes right through the team and has been worsened with Critchley's appointment. If Sunderland are really at it tomorrow night, it could be a Newcastle sized 2016 defeat as under the Hasslebank tenure.

Think we're saving that shellacking for Boro at the weekend.

Bare bones.

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 11:53 - Feb 13 with 2329 viewsParkRoyalR

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 10:55 - Feb 13 by Antti_Heinola

Laird would have been by the halfway line for the first goal, as he was the 'out' ball, quite clearly, for most of the game when Seny had it. Blaming him for somehow not managing to cover 40 yards in about 2 seconds after we stupidly gave the ball away seems a bit perverse to me, but there we go.

Otherwise, I thought he tried his nuts off. Simnilarly with Chair, who had to put in 3 superb balls before finally someone actually fkn converted one and was the only player until that point to even have a shot (one admittedly the worst shot I've seen in my life) apart from Lowe's effort. In fact, apart from that one time when he failed to play in Paal in the first half (ands that shot) he had a good game.

Our problem was more three CMs who either prefer to sit or like to get forward but can't anymore. So when Paal and Laird went forward and looked for a pass, they only ever had the option up the line. If that wasn't on, they'd look up into the enormous space in the middle to see absolutely no one there. It's a bit of a strange thing that Tim, who does actually break those lines, has been dropped the moment we play a formation that suits him better.

Agree with these observations, we really do need the midfielders to be attacking the box and Johansen and Dozzell hav'nt the legs and Field arguably does'nt have the skill-set needed, hence maybe we go to a back 3 with Field holding and all others bombing on.

Likewise thought Chair was very good on Saturday, one excellent give + go and a superb cross for Martin's goal, which begs the question why does he have to wait til so late in the game as at Sunderland away and Saturday to put in these superb early first time crosses before defends have time to set themselves.

Similar to how Ten-Hag has addressed weaknesses in Rashford's game, I am hoping Critchley can get Chair giving + going and crossing early every week as I can see a very valuable player if he can play at Saturday's level every week, and I can't see many taking a big money punt on Willock at the moment with his ongoing hamstring issue.
Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 12:41 - Feb 13 with 2227 viewsngbqpr

Millwall deliver more pain, and a cautionary tale to woeful QPR - Report on 11:16 - Feb 13 by NorthantsHoop

What exactly are you basing this on?

Just cos he's a bit quiet?

Not suggesting everything's going swimmingly, but that's quite an accusation to fling.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024