Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM Today Thread 19:42 - Jan 20 with 3544 viewsBoston

Colback

Assists - Cook, Dykes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

MOTM Today Thread on 19:44 - Jan 20 with 3201 viewsHunterhoop

Cook. Faultless.

He’s the standard setter. He raised everyone else’s game. What’s our record when he starts? Bloody good.

And he fronted up the away end.
MOTM Today Thread on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 3141 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

MOTM Today Thread on 19:58 - Jan 20 with 3111 viewsChrisNW6

Colback
MOTM Today Thread on 20:39 - Jan 20 with 2998 viewsterryb

Colback. With honourable mentions to Dykes, Cook, Clarke-Salter & Chair
MOTM Today Thread on 20:42 - Jan 20 with 2978 viewsNed_Kennedys

Colback: absolutely dominated midfield. Great shot for our 2nd.
Cook: absolutely dominated central defence.

Can’t separate them: in that form they are vital for the rest of the season.
MOTM Today Thread on 20:42 - Jan 20 with 2979 viewsMrSheen

Colback. So destructive and very canny working out what he could get away with. Very smart on the ball and also blocking off their runners. Very honourable mention for the centre backs, we’re so much better with Cook back.
MOTM Today Thread on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 2901 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sinclair. His best game for us.
MOTM Today Thread on 21:21 - Jan 20 with 2875 viewsHastings_Hoops

Colback - he was everywhere and led by example (for once)
Login to get fewer ads

MOTM Today Thread on 21:29 - Jan 20 with 2823 viewsHAYESBOY

JCS for me.

Is class when fit with a run of games in him. Not a sniff from their forwards. 2 efforts on goal, one on target and that was because Begovic let it through him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

MOTM Today Thread on 21:57 - Jan 20 with 2714 viewsbaz_qpr

JCS for me too, Rolls Royce of a player and made some fantastic and important tackles and won everything in the air. If we can keep that back 4 fit we have a chance
MOTM Today Thread on 21:59 - Jan 20 with 2704 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I can't believe what I've just read: not one of our players was booked. Incredible!

Oh, and we won too!!

Well done Rangers!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

MOTM Today Thread on 23:11 - Jan 20 with 2551 viewshoops_legend

MOTM Today Thread on 19:44 - Jan 20 by Hunterhoop

Cook. Faultless.

He’s the standard setter. He raised everyone else’s game. What’s our record when he starts? Bloody good.

And he fronted up the away end.

I agree, we always lose when he doesn’t play and when he does play we seem to do pretty well
MOTM Today Thread on 23:18 - Jan 20 with 2515 viewscharmr

Dozzell,s absence
MOTM Today Thread on 23:23 - Jan 20 with 2491 viewsgazza1

Cook & Colback are important players for us….very important. MOM is debatable.
MOTM Today Thread on 00:08 - Jan 21 with 2416 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM Today Thread on 23:23 - Jan 20 by gazza1

Cook & Colback are important players for us….very important. MOM is debatable.

Colback with Dykes + Chair close behind,

Cook still not showing leadership for me with too many hospital balls to Cannon and JCS went from terrible to excellent (good footballer but don't let it bounce + put your head where it hurts occasionally!)
MOTM Today Thread on 00:15 - Jan 21 with 2398 viewsLoyalitat

Cook = class = composed = calmness = confidence = clarity = consummate professional, which should = captain.
MOTM Today Thread on 08:49 - Jan 21 with 2170 viewsBlue_Castello

Colback for me that was exactly the sort of performance that we were all hoping we had signed and its light years ahead of what Dozzell produced this season.
MOTM Today Thread on 09:00 - Jan 21 with 2145 viewsQPROslo

Colback.
MOTM Today Thread on 09:04 - Jan 21 with 2136 viewsgazza1

MOTM Today Thread on 00:08 - Jan 21 by ParkRoyalR

Colback with Dykes + Chair close behind,

Cook still not showing leadership for me with too many hospital balls to Cannon and JCS went from terrible to excellent (good footballer but don't let it bounce + put your head where it hurts occasionally!)

You have some very strange opinions indeed.......

Cook not showing leadership - really, are you in the dressing room?....what do you want from him?? He played very well yesterday, never saw these hospital balls you mention, marshalled the defence throughout, he advises players when they do the wrong thing, he was massive defensively 2 or 3 times making key tackles on Millwall forwards (one I recall in the 2nd half on the left hand side of the pitch stopping a big breakaway by Millwall) and then you think Dykes is MOM!!!

All very strange as far as I am concerned.
MOTM Today Thread on 09:19 - Jan 21 with 2107 viewsGaryBannister86

It's all opinions and we all see it in our own way. I thought Colback was excellent today, Dykes did really well, Willock got better and better, but for me the most important difference was Cook. He brings so much to our defence, I think.

I don't care what it takes to get Armstrong to sign a contract or what it costs - with his power and pace there is always going to be a team prepared to pay decent money for him, so letting him go on a free would be yet another disaster. If there is a release clause, I don't see how hard it can be. Just point out that Eze signed and got his move and everyone was happy. Do it now, because if he carries on improving so quickly then we will be running out of time.

Good to see Walsh on the bench today. Especially as Begovic had pretty much two things to do all game, one of which was a pass he ballooned out of touch and the second was another horrible error that would probably have cost us the 3 points if it wasn't for Cannon. I can genuinely see Walsh pushing for a start if indeed the reviews of his short loan spell are accurate.
MOTM Today Thread on 09:59 - Jan 21 with 2023 viewsWatfordR

Funny, no one has mentioned Sam Field, I thought in that dreadful first half hour, he was probably the only player who really stood up while everyone else around him was in a state of panic. Once we scored, we looked a much better team and settled down.

I'd say that was Colback's best game for us, he got much further up the pitch and was able to provide important additional options. That's where his level needs to be.

Cook and JCS, I think we all know that's our best CB pairing without any question whatsoever. I'd like to see them demanding the ball quicker, and playing it quicker on to their respective full backs, but defensively very good.

Chair, well I do wonder sometimes what people think about in complaining about him. He is really the only one with the intent to go by opposition players. had a very decent game.

And finally, a big well done to Sinclair Armstrong. He's been treated very poorly by the club due to it's failings in recruitment. He should have had near enough 100 league games in lower divisions behind him by now, but I think he is really responding to MC, you can see it when he talks to MC by the touchline, he's trying to take on what he is being told. I was just thrilled for him to get his goal yesterday - I think everyone was. He is working so hard for the team, he's got an attitude which I think every successful striker needs, and which will stand him in good stead as long as he controls it. I think he can get to 10 league goals by the end of the season , and if he does that we'll have a good chance of survival.
MOTM Today Thread on 10:07 - Jan 21 with 1994 viewsdaveB

Colback for me looked like the player I thought we signed but nice to have a few choices for a change. Cook, JCS and Dykes all very good, thought Willock had his best game for a while as well
MOTM Today Thread on 10:07 - Jan 21 with 1994 viewsgazza1

MOTM Today Thread on 09:59 - Jan 21 by WatfordR

Funny, no one has mentioned Sam Field, I thought in that dreadful first half hour, he was probably the only player who really stood up while everyone else around him was in a state of panic. Once we scored, we looked a much better team and settled down.

I'd say that was Colback's best game for us, he got much further up the pitch and was able to provide important additional options. That's where his level needs to be.

Cook and JCS, I think we all know that's our best CB pairing without any question whatsoever. I'd like to see them demanding the ball quicker, and playing it quicker on to their respective full backs, but defensively very good.

Chair, well I do wonder sometimes what people think about in complaining about him. He is really the only one with the intent to go by opposition players. had a very decent game.

And finally, a big well done to Sinclair Armstrong. He's been treated very poorly by the club due to it's failings in recruitment. He should have had near enough 100 league games in lower divisions behind him by now, but I think he is really responding to MC, you can see it when he talks to MC by the touchline, he's trying to take on what he is being told. I was just thrilled for him to get his goal yesterday - I think everyone was. He is working so hard for the team, he's got an attitude which I think every successful striker needs, and which will stand him in good stead as long as he controls it. I think he can get to 10 league goals by the end of the season , and if he does that we'll have a good chance of survival.

Cook & Colback were also having proper good first 30 minutes of the game too.........Field was not the only one.
MOTM Today Thread on 10:17 - Jan 21 with 1962 viewsMrSheen

MOTM Today Thread on 09:59 - Jan 21 by WatfordR

On he subject of centre backs bringing the ball forward, I was impressed by Millwall’s Cooper in the second half, the only one of their side I thought had a good game. Not only is he a big ugly monster of a defender, he can disguise his intention to run through the press and find a forward pas very well.
MOTM Today Thread on 10:24 - Jan 21 with 1938 viewsLanhoop

MOTM Today Thread on 10:17 - Jan 21 by MrSheen

On he subject of centre backs bringing the ball forward, I was impressed by Millwall’s Cooper in the second half, the only one of their side I thought had a good game. Not only is he a big ugly monster of a defender, he can disguise his intention to run through the press and find a forward pas very well.

Cooper is the only one of their lot I'd want in our team. Wasted there, he should have moved to a better side long ago.

Cook and Colback have to share MOM for me. Field, Dykes, Chair and Clarke-Salter honourable mentions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024