Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOM today 19:54 - Feb 24 with 3483 viewsOakR

Going to be a tough one for Clive.

It's between Colback, Dunne and Willock for me.

Willock scored the winner, great through ball for Smyth's equaliser, good defensive work and great on the ball.

Dunne was immense at right back, both defensively, going forwards and at set pieces. So pleased for him as someone who always tries his best and never cries off injured, is he our No1 right back now?

I thought Colback was brilliant today. He got our tempo going, he tracked back so often to help others out, sprinting at 94 minutes like it was the first minute, used the ball well (mostly), all over the pitch and hugely influencial.

Poll: Will we stay up?

MOM today on 19:59 - Feb 24 with 2557 viewsSpaceman_P

I think for sheer Brazilian-esque runs up and down the pitch - Dunne deserves it.
MOM today on 20:00 - Feb 24 with 2555 viewsHunterhoop

I’m not his biggest fan, but Willock was MotM and the best player on the pitch, as well as banging in the winner.

Very honourable mentions for Dunne and Frey of the starters.

But Field and Smyth changed the game.

Colback was awful in the first half. No way was he close to MotM. He was lucky to stay on the pitch. He improved in the second half, but he wasn’t great. Watch him off the ball people. Defensively he leaves a lot to be desired.
MOM today on 20:03 - Feb 24 with 2523 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Willock shades it for me. Involved in anything decent going forward, did his defensive duties, one assist with an exquisite pass, and one goal with a decent strike from the edge of the area.
MOM today on 20:39 - Feb 24 with 2386 viewsWatford_Ranger

Probably the first ever match featuring two Cafus.
MOM today on 20:47 - Feb 24 with 2329 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Colback all day.
MOM today on 20:50 - Feb 24 with 2312 viewshubble

One goal, one assist, did his defensive work too - what more do you want?! Willock - awesome performance.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

MOM today on 20:54 - Feb 24 with 2284 viewsEsox_Lucius

For what has been happening with him these last few months finally coming under more public scrutiny and the pressure on him to focus on the job in hand I am going go for Ilias Chair. He never seems to give less than 100% and I would be surprised if there is any player in the EFL that covers more ground than him.

The grass is always greener.

MOM today on 20:56 - Feb 24 with 2270 viewsEsox_Lucius

Double post
[Post edited 24 Feb 21:20]

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

MOM today on 20:59 - Feb 24 with 2253 viewsHunterhoop

MOM today on 20:47 - Feb 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Colback all day.

Do not get it. What were you watching first half?!
MOM today on 21:11 - Feb 24 with 2188 viewsnumptydumpty

Have to love Dunne with his whole hearted attitude.

Clearly cares and a massive surprise at doing the basics as a right back extremely well in the last two performances. Very decent risk taken by Cifuentes that has paid off.

But Willock was the game changer and has been decent recently also.

When Willock plays well, we generally get positive results. When Chair plays well, we can still come out on the wrong end of the scoreline.

Yes there were others that played their role well. I thought Field and Smyth did very well when coming on too.

I was personally all for Andersen and Armstrong to come on, but Marti so often makes the right call.

You could almost pass on the Motm accolade to Cifuentes but yes Willock today. The match winner.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

MOM today on 21:19 - Feb 24 with 2142 viewsstrikerace

Willock for me, goal and assist. Plus he barely made any passing errors and was always under control on the ball. I thought it was his best match since his injury.
MOM today on 21:20 - Feb 24 with 2135 viewsPunteR

Willock or Dunne.
It was weird watching Dunne make overlaps down the right and getting involved in little triangle passes in attack. I thought he played well though. Everyone looked committed and throwing themselves between the ball and opposition I don't remember Jake Clarke Salter losing any of his aerial battles, i thought he was a contender.
I wasn't impressed with Frey though, effort was there but his touch is terrible. I don't think he brings much more than Armstrong or Dykes on this showing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

MOM today on 21:32 - Feb 24 with 2045 viewsHarbour

Well done Chris the assist for the first exquisite and brilliant strike for the winner. He was everywhere defensive duties ..mom for me
MOM today on 21:43 - Feb 24 with 2018 viewsbaz_qpr

No debate really clearly Willock, and moving him into the 10 position changed the game.

They talk about the crowd being the 12th man but today it was the manager who won us that game
MOM today on 21:58 - Feb 24 with 1959 viewsHAYESBOY

Willock MoM today.

Smells like a trout farm in here

MOM today on 22:02 - Feb 24 with 1934 viewsmart_Goblin

Dunne and Willock. Both gave their best performances for as long as I can remember.
Dunne has been great last 2 games.

I was really impressed with Colbacks second half performance especially with the ball for once .
Well done to Field who was ill yesterday and to Smyth who both changed the game .
MOM today on 22:05 - Feb 24 with 1915 viewsWatfordR

Yep, made one, scored the other, and generally a good level. Has to be Willock for me. Though I think their keeper would be disappointed not to even get a hand to Willock's shot.

Don't think you could ask for much more from Dunne at RB, and I also thought JCS had a good game, won almost everything in the air, and distributed well.

Colback, I feel when we start to play, he starts to play, never the other way round. A poor man's Jojo for me. Thought Field was excellent when he came on. And a word for Chair, after what must have been a personally stressful week, he stood up well.
MOM today on 22:32 - Feb 24 with 1799 viewsNortholt_Rs

Smyth for me….changed the game when he came on in the second half. Big shout out to Chrissy too.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

MOM today on 22:34 - Feb 24 with 1786 viewsBlue_Castello

Willock for me as well because of his overall contribution and Colback a close second, he had another good game and Hayden let him down big time in the first half, very disappointed with him after all the fanfare.
MOM today on 22:47 - Feb 24 with 1747 viewsOakR

MOM today on 20:00 - Feb 24 by Hunterhoop

I’m not his biggest fan, but Willock was MotM and the best player on the pitch, as well as banging in the winner.

Very honourable mentions for Dunne and Frey of the starters.

But Field and Smyth changed the game.

Colback was awful in the first half. No way was he close to MotM. He was lucky to stay on the pitch. He improved in the second half, but he wasn’t great. Watch him off the ball people. Defensively he leaves a lot to be desired.

We all see it differently!

For me, he got us going first half , getting the ball, moving it quickly and looking for forwards balls, disrupting their play when we didn't have it etc. Agree Field made a difference, but I think that was as much Hayden going off.

We were collectively awful first 10 minutes, after that I'd have Frey, Hayden and Paal as contributing the least - but I see some think Frey played well. I'm not writing any of the new boys off to be clear, but solely on today (which is a bit unfair), they were the ones we got the least out of. I thought Hodge was unlucky to go off though. Dykes was much better for me than Frey when he came on.

Anyway, we won, so nice to argue over who was best!

Poll: Will we stay up?

MOM today on 23:34 - Feb 24 with 1613 viewsAntti_Heinola

If you're a goal down and you assist the equaliser and score the winner, you're motm.

Bare bones.

MOM today on 23:44 - Feb 24 with 1581 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dunne was clear MOTM for me: quality performance for the full match.

Willock was mediocre first half but made up for it second half.

Field and Smyth were also excellent when they came on.

Chair did well in the circumstances but once again his and Paal’s set pieces were embarrassingly poor.
MOM today on 00:19 - Feb 25 with 1507 viewsParkRoyalR

MOM today on 23:44 - Feb 24 by Ned_Kennedys

Dunne was clear MOTM for me: quality performance for the full match.

Willock was mediocre first half but made up for it second half.

Field and Smyth were also excellent when they came on.

Chair did well in the circumstances but once again his and Paal’s set pieces were embarrassingly poor.

Willock's end product edges it for me but Dunne deserves a special mention after that shambles of a first goal; Cook losing a must win header + JCS second best, if Dunne's does either of those he scoring 3!
MOM today on 02:37 - Feb 25 with 1391 viewsBenny_the_Ball

MOM today on 20:54 - Feb 24 by Esox_Lucius

For what has been happening with him these last few months finally coming under more public scrutiny and the pressure on him to focus on the job in hand I am going go for Ilias Chair. He never seems to give less than 100% and I would be surprised if there is any player in the EFL that covers more ground than him.

Whilst he did well overall and should be commended for playing under the pressure of off-field events, he simply can't be MOTM because of the horrible slice that resulted in Rotherham's goal.
MOM today on 08:27 - Feb 25 with 1253 viewssaxbend

Willock and Chair made the biggest contributions in possession, while Cook was probably the most important out of it. Dunne was significant on both sides of the game.

As for Field, I have found that while he consistently plays well, it's usually far more obvious when the rest of the team is being carried by him, and you can usually tell when everyone is at their best because Field will then appear to be giving an unremarkable performance, so it's good that people noticed his contribution yesterday despite the team doing so well overall.

Meanwhile, while no means MOTM, I was happy to see Frey work his arse off for over 70 minutes and get ever closer to full match fitness. The signs with him are very promising.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024