Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy vine phone in today 20:26 - Sep 23 with 5676 viewsloftboy

One of the questions was “ what for combinations does someone in your family eat that makes you feel sick”
My Mrs is half German and eats cheese on bread topped with Raspberry jam!
Makes me heave every time.
Anyone else got any delights.

Poll: Who’s starting between the sticks v Preston?

-1
Jeremy vine phone in today on 20:43 - Sep 23 with 5036 viewsloftboy

One of the callers had marmite a d peanut butter on toast, I’ve just made a couple of slices and it was very palatable.

Poll: Who’s starting between the sticks v Preston?

2
Jeremy vine phone in today on 21:16 - Sep 23 with 4920 viewsMick_S

Jeremy vine phone in today on 20:43 - Sep 23 by loftboy

One of the callers had marmite a d peanut butter on toast, I’ve just made a couple of slices and it was very palatable.


Sounds alright to me. Marmite and vintage Cheddar is also the biz.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

3
Jeremy vine phone in today on 21:21 - Sep 23 with 4901 viewsdmm

Jeremy vine phone in today on 20:43 - Sep 23 by loftboy

One of the callers had marmite a d peanut butter on toast, I’ve just made a couple of slices and it was very palatable.


How about a peanut butter, tomato and chilli sauce sarnie? No, really.
0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 21:28 - Sep 23 with 4866 viewsTonto

Mrs Tonto is Czech. They have a dish called Svickova. Its beef cooks in a creamy sauce but then topped with jam. It somewhat reminds me of Rachel from friend's trifle.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How do we feel.about Marti post Plymouth?

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 21:32 - Sep 23 with 4841 viewsPeterHucker

years ago I read something about Elvis Presley being a big fan of toasted sandwich with bacon, peanut butter and sliced banana inside.
I made one for myself and it was really bloody good!
But I've only ever made it that once because it's a one way ticket to coronary town.
0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 21:35 - Sep 23 with 4827 viewsWokingR

Ham and pickle for me
Cheese and pickle - Fine
Ham and cheese - also Fine
But combine ham and pickle and I get all gaggy
0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 21:50 - Sep 23 with 4771 viewsE17hoop

One of my favourites includes mushy peas on toast, extra pepper and vinegar.

Talking of black pepper, a few grinds over strawberries is immense.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 13:57 - Sep 24 with 4325 viewsMatch82

I've tried, but I cannot get the American obsession with peanut butter and jam ("jelly")

I like both, but the combination is just weird.
0
Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy vine phone in today on 14:11 - Sep 24 with 4285 viewsted_hendrix

Jeremy Vine, about as interesting as a wheelie bin.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

17
Jeremy vine phone in today on 14:12 - Sep 24 with 4281 viewssprocket

Jeremy vine phone in today on 14:11 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

Jeremy Vine, about as interesting as a wheelie bin.


Despicable human being...
4
Jeremy vine phone in today on 14:34 - Sep 24 with 4209 viewsrbee

I once tried a sweet biscuit with a salty cracker and that combination worked.

It is, like many things mentioned here, a variation on sweet and sour.
0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 15:25 - Sep 24 with 4108 viewsstowmarketrange

A bloke I used to work with was duped into eating a jam doughnut with a pickled onion cut in half inside of it.We never did tell him but he never complained.
1
Jeremy vine phone in today on 16:08 - Sep 24 with 4015 viewsMick_S

Jeremy vine phone in today on 13:57 - Sep 24 by Match82

I've tried, but I cannot get the American obsession with peanut butter and jam ("jelly")

I like both, but the combination is just weird.


Peanut butter and proper jelly really works. Excellent for kids when the top slice wobbles.

Just one a month, mind.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 17:30 - Sep 24 with 3915 viewsbosh67

Jeremy vine phone in today on 14:11 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

Jeremy Vine, about as interesting as a wheelie bin.


I take a bit of exception to this Ted. I know some quite interesting wheelie bins!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

1
Jeremy vine phone in today on 19:07 - Sep 24 with 3786 viewsBoston

Jeremy vine phone in today on 14:11 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

Jeremy Vine, about as interesting as a wheelie bin.


Between two slices of bread?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 22:00 - Sep 24 with 3556 viewsSK_hoops

Jeremy vine phone in today on 14:11 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

Jeremy Vine, about as interesting as a wheelie bin.


His brother is funny though.
2
Jeremy vine phone in today on 22:15 - Sep 24 with 3527 viewsOldPedro

Jeremy vine phone in today on 22:00 - Sep 24 by SK_hoops

His brother is funny though.


“Do you ever get that when you’re half way through eating a horse and you think to yourself, ‘I’m not as hungry as I thought I was?'”

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

1
Jeremy vine phone in today on 23:40 - Sep 24 with 3421 viewsqpr1976

I love milk chocolate hobnobs. I love salad cream. I enjoy sandwiches.
So naturally…..!

Haven’t had one for a while mind.
0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 00:24 - Sep 25 with 3370 viewsnumptydumpty

Gherkins on toast - always a winner.

Weetabix dowsed in flavoured yoghurt.


Am guessing anyone here with any children, your good lady wives may have dabbled in a few strange food choices during pregnancies.
[Post edited 25 Sep 0:34]

"Walking in a Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Whats going to happen to Man City ????

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 00:32 - Sep 25 with 3349 viewsnumptydumpty

Jeremy vine phone in today on 17:30 - Sep 24 by bosh67

I take a bit of exception to this Ted. I know some quite interesting wheelie bins!


Our neighbours who are overflowing with kids, therefore have a lot more recycling than ourselves, the mother sneaks out around 3am, the day before the bins are picked up.

This despicable crime is done under the cover of darkness but Mrs Numpty is a very light sleeper and it winds her up no end.

It doesnt worry me. Our bin is only half full otherwise.

As Bosh says Ted, sometimes Wheelie Bins are the new rock and roll !!!

Or maybe not then......



"Walking in a Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Whats going to happen to Man City ????

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 08:06 - Sep 25 with 3160 viewsDWQPR

One combination that shouldn’t work is pie and mash with liquor. But it’s bloody lovely. Jellied eels on the other hand 🤢

My ex being a lazy cow if hungry would never be bothered to make herself a meal but instead make two pieces of toast and then poor half a bottle of salad cream on them. Hideous. And the toast and salad cream wasn’t much better!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 09:51 - Sep 25 with 3038 viewsSpaceman_P

Salad cream is a condiment with potential to ruin a lot of things.

I like it.
0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 10:12 - Sep 25 with 2996 viewsBushRanger82

You couldn't pay me to listen to Jeremy Vile.
1
Jeremy vine phone in today on 10:40 - Sep 25 with 2949 viewsloftboy

Jeremy vine phone in today on 10:12 - Sep 25 by BushRanger82

You couldn't pay me to listen to Jeremy Vile.


I usually have greatest hits radio on in my van but that day the radio was kicking out every station other than the national ones, I was in Leiston near sizewell so don’t know if that was as the problem.
We are in the 1970’s here in Suffolk regarding technology.

Poll: Who’s starting between the sticks v Preston?

0
Jeremy vine phone in today on 15:20 - Sep 25 with 2778 viewsSuperhoops2808

A Rangers fan who I am friends with on FB and have met a few times, and I think used to post on here so may be lurking, posted this:

https://www.marksandspencer.co

I cannot get for love nor money
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026