Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's happened to BOS 14:39 - Jun 27 with 2408 viewsBlackCrowe

half-hearted at best.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

What's happened to BOS on 14:43 - Jun 27 with 2378 viewsqpr_1968

perhaps he's a showman, likes the buzz of the crowd....who knows.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

What's happened to BOS on 14:50 - Jun 27 with 2333 views100percent

I thought he got bullied for the first 15 mins and then gave up the ghost.
Shied away from running at the defender thereafter.
What's happened to BOS on 14:55 - Jun 27 with 2291 viewsdannyblue

Performances would suggest he's already secured his next deal
What's happened to BOS on 14:58 - Jun 27 with 2269 viewsHunterhoop

I just think he's not fit. I don't think any of them are. They look off it from a strength perspective (way too many were getting manhandled about...compare that to how BOS manhandled full backs around the turn of the year). And they have all lost a yard....both over the initial few yards, in terms of acceleration, and over distance. Masterson was running in treacle in the first half tracking back. And none of our atttacking players could beat their men for pace.

We are unfit. It is as simple as that. And it is unacceptable for professional footballers and a professional coaching team.
What's happened to BOS on 15:00 - Jun 27 with 2258 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's happened to BOS on 14:58 - Jun 27 by Hunterhoop

I just think he's not fit. I don't think any of them are. They look off it from a strength perspective (way too many were getting manhandled about...compare that to how BOS manhandled full backs around the turn of the year). And they have all lost a yard....both over the initial few yards, in terms of acceleration, and over distance. Masterson was running in treacle in the first half tracking back. And none of our atttacking players could beat their men for pace.

We are unfit. It is as simple as that. And it is unacceptable for professional footballers and a professional coaching team.

True. It's that simple.

Plus, even in the first half when there was some petrol in the tank we didn't work hard enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What's happened to BOS on 15:11 - Jun 27 with 2209 viewsManinBlack

I still think the club really believed that the season would be declared over like the lower leagues and the SPL and that Luton, Barnsley and Charlton would be relegated. The reaction to the news of the restart suggests everyone connected with the club didn't expect to restart and coaching and fitness has been neglected during the break.

Unfortunately starting again mid table with 50 points leads to complacency. Had we been just a point above the relegation zone when the break commenced then I think we would have done much more work preparing for any restart. At least our players would have put in a shift for the last nine games but we were in too comfortable a position.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 15:15]
What's happened to BOS on 15:30 - Jun 27 with 2111 viewsJuzzie

If players are unfit they should be fined. They have still been paid their full salary so no excuses not to be in tip top shape.
What's happened to BOS on 15:32 - Jun 27 with 2099 viewsWestonsuperR

Not fit and not interested, assume he is trying to avoid injury. I wonder if is worth even playing him if he isn’t prepared to fully take part in the match, good decision to sub him today?
Login to get fewer ads

What's happened to BOS on 15:39 - Jun 27 with 2074 viewsted_hendrix

What's happened to BOS on 15:30 - Jun 27 by Juzzie

If players are unfit they should be fined. They have still been paid their full salary so no excuses not to be in tip top shape.

Exactly.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What's happened to BOS on 16:06 - Jun 27 with 1983 viewsqprd

(I'm kind of repeating myself from the match thread, so apologies for the repetition)

I'm not sure what happened to BOS today (whether it was lack of effort, lack of fitness, or just a one off bad performance), but I am incredibly incredibly disappointed with Warburton's management of the squad. He is solely responsible for the complacency within the squad.

Ilias Chair was by far the best player on the pitch today, and not just for his skill, but also for his will. Look at his heat map. He had touches all over the park, and he was doing the dirty work too (like when he won a lost cause against Charlton's centreback near the corner flag in the fist 10 mins). Attitude and effort was clearly an issue against Barnsley- so what does Warburton do? HE BRINGS HIM OFF AS OUR FIRST SUB, even though he was one of the hardest working and easily the most skilled on the day.

Dom Ball- same story- why the hell did he come off? And who ended up filling his place? Luke Amos- what the f*** did he do last week to deserve to play this week?

The way Ball and Chair reacted to being subbed off shows you exactly why they should not have been,

The players who seemed to care most were the young ones- Shodipo's end product was shocking, but he fought for every inch. Oteh didnt really impress (bizarrely he was almost deployed as a 10 rather than a second striker), but again, you cant fault his effort (including tracking back defensively 50 yards to win the ball back down the left flank). Same with Bettache, who actually performed well with his direct play.

Warburton needs our players to understand that wearing the rangers shirt and playing in any game, in any capacity, for any amount of time is a f*cking privilege, and not an entitlement. BOS has been a standout player this season, and I have supported him since 2017. But I'm sorry- he was absolutely useless today. He should have come off first before Chair. Hugill has literally been feckless for 180 minutes- I can live with his lack of technique, his msised chances, and his inability to link up. But what disturbed me most was how little contribution he made in attack and how little he moved in the box when in the final third (he literally did not move one inch in the box).

How does Warburton respond? He has yet to sub off Hugill through two games. If I am Hugill or Barbet (who didnt challenge Aneke in the corner flag at the end of the match, f*ck you) or Eze or Bright, I basically know my spot is safe. What incentive do I have to try at all? If I am Hugill, I know I literally cant play any worse- there is nothing less he can do on the pitch, and yet he still has kept his spot.

If Warburton wants to send a message, then f*cking bench Barbet or Hugill. You think you can repeatedly give the ball away in dangerous areas and keep your spot? You think you can f*cking let Aneke have the ball in the corner without making an effort at the end of the match and keep your spot? You think you can stand still in the box and keep your spot? F*ck you.

Warburton needs to get the balance right with a mix of hungry (though less skilled and experienced) players and the skilful ones. DROP HUGILL FOR FULHAM AND SEND A MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE TEAM
What's happened to BOS on 17:05 - Jun 27 with 1823 viewsAntti_Heinola

What's happened to BOS on 15:11 - Jun 27 by ManinBlack

I still think the club really believed that the season would be declared over like the lower leagues and the SPL and that Luton, Barnsley and Charlton would be relegated. The reaction to the news of the restart suggests everyone connected with the club didn't expect to restart and coaching and fitness has been neglected during the break.

Unfortunately starting again mid table with 50 points leads to complacency. Had we been just a point above the relegation zone when the break commenced then I think we would have done much more work preparing for any restart. At least our players would have put in a shift for the last nine games but we were in too comfortable a position.

The club I think wanted and was sure the season would start again.
But they did not prepare for it to be starting so soon.

Bare bones.

What's happened to BOS on 17:12 - Jun 27 with 1780 viewsMatch82

Exactly this
What's happened to BOS on 17:16 - Jun 27 with 1753 viewsManinBlack

What's happened to BOS on 17:05 - Jun 27 by Antti_Heinola

The club I think wanted and was sure the season would start again.
But they did not prepare for it to be starting so soon.

Listening to the complaints about the restart suggests to me they had switched off. As Mick McCarthy pointed out, complaining publicly about the restart puts negative thoughts in the players minds. If we wanted the restart then they should have said nothing.

I appreciate we probably won't go down but my beef is that it looks like we are going to have another negative end to a season littered with a succession of defeats. That will overshadow the good things up to March and just feels like the same script season after season.
What's happened to BOS on 17:59 - Jun 27 with 1655 viewsconnell10

Shame about Bos as prior to this his attitude prior to this was great. If he or another player doesn't want to put a shift in then dropped! I think Bos has definitely got his eye on his next move which is disappointing!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What's happened to BOS on 18:02 - Jun 27 with 1640 viewsWrightUp5hit___

We've been sussed in the way we played through BOS.

He hasn't dealt with being double teamed yet, and we haven't learned how to use the space that creates.
What's happened to BOS on 18:17 - Jun 27 with 1596 viewsMatch82

What's happened to BOS on 18:02 - Jun 27 by WrightUp5hit___

We've been sussed in the way we played through BOS.

He hasn't dealt with being double teamed yet, and we haven't learned how to use the space that creates.

I don't understand it honestly. If BOS is double teamed then Eze should be having a field day. If they are both double teamed and we still can't create anything with 8 v 6 outfield players then that's terrifying.
What's happened to BOS on 18:20 - Jun 27 with 1588 viewsTGRRRSSS

I wouldnt be surprised if your right - but after muchg lauding of how LH MW and L:F have been getting the club runing better and more professional etc - it's a major cock up, of course it's not something we'll ever technically get to know, unless or when it suits someone to take shots at someone else later down the line I guess.

Also wonder if some people have an eye to any transfer later - in addition we're playing sides with something to fight for and realistically we don't.
What's happened to BOS on 18:21 - Jun 27 with 1581 viewsslmrstid

The thing that frustrated me with BOS today, was that he was constantly going backwards. There was next to no running at his man, or seemingly much attempt to get a run going behind his man for the triangle through ball, which is where he is at his best.

Added to that, was the fact that at times he was coming far too deep to receive the ball, as was Eze to an extent.

I remember what Warnock said in his 4 Year Plan Zoom call about Adel - basically in regards to banning him from receiving the ball in his own half, simply because you want him on the ball much further up the pitch where he can hurt the opposition.

I did feel that about both BOS and Eze today. BOS much more so than Eze in fairness to Ebs.
What's happened to BOS on 18:59 - Jun 27 with 1475 viewsdavman

BOS not interested ; nothing to do with fitness.

Chair unfairly taken off as he was doing well, but Ball was absolutely dire today. Lost his man for the goal and second or third to everything all game. Hugill shouldn't have bothered re-signing, Barbet back to his early / mid-season shite, Rangel bad, Kane 'kin abysmal.

On the beach. The message from the club was get to 50 points ASAP and the players translated that as job done. Seven games of dull pain on their way.

Fulham have been equally poor since restart, but I' ll bet they'll be up for a local Derby unlike our lot.

**sigh**
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 19:54]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What's happened to BOS on 19:05 - Jun 27 with 1463 viewsNorthernr

Playing like he’s already gone. Like he’s afraid of an injury that will jeopardise the move.
He absolutely fcking annihilated Charlton at ours, and then played like that today.
I’d have told him at half time if he cuts in field and shuffles a nothing ball on rather than taking the full back on the outside one more time you’re getting hooked. And that’s basically what happened.
What's happened to BOS on 19:22 - Jun 27 with 1425 viewsDorse

What's happened to BOS on 19:05 - Jun 27 by Northernr

Playing like he’s already gone. Like he’s afraid of an injury that will jeopardise the move.
He absolutely fcking annihilated Charlton at ours, and then played like that today.
I’d have told him at half time if he cuts in field and shuffles a nothing ball on rather than taking the full back on the outside one more time you’re getting hooked. And that’s basically what happened.

Not great is it. Still, at least we have Fulham to look forward to.

I am just going outside. I may be some time.

(Door closes. Sound of sobbing. A gunshot. Silence).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What's happened to BOS on 19:26 - Jun 27 with 1407 viewskensalriser

Where has 'double teamed' come from? Literally never heard that before since I started following QPR, when Jago was manager.

I'm guessing that double marked is the intended meaning. Unless we really were playing two teams.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What's happened to BOS on 19:37 - Jun 27 with 1378 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Apologies, unconscious usage of septic terminology.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/double-team
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024