Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanderson 16:23 - Apr 3 with 3481 viewsLogman

Better yesterday but still not quite as on it as Barbet or Dunne is normally. Oh, while on the subject I was looking closely at each of our players to see how they would shape up against Premiership opposition given that is what Foolham will be in a matter of days.

Rob Dickie looked very comfortable and assured and you could see him coping in the Prem on the basis of how he handled Mitro yesterday.
Sanderson on 16:56 - Apr 3 with 3411 viewssdm1508

Not sure if that is a fair comparison. Fulham are a very good championship team this season and he has scored lots of goals but are they actually prem class? Normally they struggle and he doesn't tend to do much in the prem due to a total lack of pace. Sadly I think at the moment Dickies lack of pace is the thing that would hold him back too
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 16:57]
Sanderson on 17:12 - Apr 3 with 3348 viewstoboboly

He was better, but could hardly have been worse. Still no-where near as good as Dunne, no idea what he did to be dropped.

Interesting to know how much we have paid to get Sanderson (and what the contract stipulates).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sanderson on 17:27 - Apr 3 with 3298 viewsozranger

Sanderson on 17:12 - Apr 3 by toboboly

He was better, but could hardly have been worse. Still no-where near as good as Dunne, no idea what he did to be dropped.

Interesting to know how much we have paid to get Sanderson (and what the contract stipulates).

Very much agree. Dickie's negatives have already been worked out by PL managers. He has a significant problem with his head and that will be one large step he has to overcome to make the move up. If he does something wrong, it takes a good few games for him to get over it. It is what differentiates Dickie from Barbet. When the latter does something wrong, he just gets on with it as if it never happened. That is how a top level professional should work. A lot of our players have problems in the head more than their pure ability.

Dunne is great and has been, to my belief, the biggest find of the season for us. What the story about Sanderson is, I really do not know, but it may be that there is something like a try and buy clause in the loan and we may be considering picking him up in the summer.
Sanderson on 17:44 - Apr 3 with 3227 viewsQPROslo

I thought Sanderson was very good yesterday. He made at least one goal saving tackle, a good break forward and a hard shot from distance their Keeper couldnt hold, and cant remember him making mistakes. I was surprised he seems to have replaced Barbet and now Dunne when he looks most natural on the right side of the 3 where Dickie normally plays, and Dickie though not so much yesterday, hasn't been in his best form. Sanderson has shown he has a howler or two in him, but looks like he has a bit more pace in him and maybe better at getting forward than either Dickie and Dunne.
Sanderson on 20:31 - Apr 3 with 2969 viewsdixiedean

IIRC Dunne was dropped for the away game at CC and Jordy brought back in who then got bullied by Mitrovic. Dunne is our most physical defender, so that is mystifying ( caveat about carrying a knock which is often given as the reason someone is rested) Dunne is far from faultless but would be the first CB on the team sheet for me.
Sanderson on 20:34 - Apr 3 with 2954 viewsLazyFan

Wallace and Dickie looked at fault for the first goal. Wallace let the cross go in as he did not have the pace to keep up.
Dickie was supposed to be on Mitro and lost him as he did in the earlier fixture. The result of that, is Fulham score ... again.

However Dickie then took control and Mitro looked less effective, shame it came a bit late. Good learning for him, the more he plays against the better oppo the more he progresses. Good sign.

Sanderson was better. I have the feeling the Dutchi is on his way and this will be the replacement. I am okay with that.
Assuming Sanderson progresses then we have a player with sell on value, with the Dutchi no one will touch him as he's injury-prone.

Sanderson is not the finished article, we got lucky with Dunne as he's matured very fast. But Sanderson may only cost £1m and is worth a go as he's played a few games and has potential. We won't get lucky with most players like we did with Dunne, just like Chair and Willock and Eze, you have to coach them over a few seasons.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sanderson on 09:55 - Apr 4 with 2703 viewsPinnerPaul

Didn't Dickie let Mitrovic score one goal too many?

Harsh maybe, but we know he won't score even half of what he has this season in the PL - that's the standard Dickie needs to aspire to.
Sanderson on 10:47 - Apr 4 with 2622 viewshook_hoops

Sanderson on 09:55 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Harsh maybe, but we know he won't score even half of what he has this season in the PL - that's the standard Dickie needs to aspire to.

To be fair to Sanderson, he's come into a team that was already struggling before his arrival. He's made mistakes, he can be rash in his tackling, but I think there is definitely a player there and I am sure he will get better.

As for Dickie, I think that was a much improved performance and he seems more comfortable playing in the centre than on the right of a back three. He looked better in his forward runs starting from a central position.
Login to get fewer ads

Sanderson on 10:53 - Apr 4 with 2600 viewsfrancisbowles

Sanderson on 09:55 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Agree with that but his movement in the box is excellent. How do you stop someone from getting away from you like that. Most defenders would grapple and hold but Mitrovic is so strong, that isn't going to work either..
Sanderson on 13:59 - Apr 4 with 2430 viewsPinnerPaul

Sanderson on 10:53 - Apr 4 by francisbowles

Agree with that but his movement in the box is excellent. How do you stop someone from getting away from you like that. Most defenders would grapple and hold but Mitrovic is so strong, that isn't going to work either..

Totally agree, it wasn't Dickie's fault - just saying we know that Mitrovic won't score 40 gaols next year and that will be because he will come against players who Dickie needs to attempt to emulate.
Sanderson on 14:50 - Apr 4 with 2363 viewsnightwish

To me Dickie,Barbet and Dunne had a great understanding by playing next to each other all the time.They have got to know one anothers game and for me were about the best back 3 in the division.By changing that the understanding has gone and you have to get time to know another players game
Sanderson on 14:56 - Apr 4 with 2347 viewsPinnerPaul

Sanderson on 14:50 - Apr 4 by nightwish

To me Dickie,Barbet and Dunne had a great understanding by playing next to each other all the time.They have got to know one anothers game and for me were about the best back 3 in the division.By changing that the understanding has gone and you have to get time to know another players game

As I say that is the perception and that we can't score the goals, but the for and against columns don't back up that assertion!
Sanderson on 15:18 - Apr 4 with 2307 viewsfrancisbowles

Sanderson on 14:50 - Apr 4 by nightwish

I think that Dickie is less exposed by his lack of pace in the centre. Problem is that seems to be Dunne's and even De Wijs's best position, when he's around, as well.

Be interesting to see what he does tomorrow night.
Sanderson on 15:21 - Apr 4 with 2300 viewsrobith

I actually find it impossible to honestly assess Sanderson because the red card and the Peterborough debacle have massively prejudiced my opinion against him
Sanderson on 15:46 - Apr 4 with 2272 viewsPinnerPaul

Sanderson on 15:21 - Apr 4 by robith

I actually find it impossible to honestly assess Sanderson because the red card and the Peterborough debacle have massively prejudiced my opinion against him

Yes he was stupid and awful in equal measure in those games so I do see what you mean!
Sanderson on 21:19 - Apr 4 with 2077 viewsVancouverHoop

Sanderson on 15:46 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Yes he was stupid and awful in equal measure in those games so I do see what you mean!

He was. But remember Barbet's first few performances for us, or Wallace's for that matter, and they both had a lot more experience than Sanderson does?
Sanderson on 10:10 - Apr 5 with 1861 viewsfrancisbowles

Sanderson on 21:19 - Apr 4 by VancouverHoop

He was. But remember Barbet's first few performances for us, or Wallace's for that matter, and they both had a lot more experience than Sanderson does?

Yes, he's a young boy learning his trade. Unfortunately, he seems to be doing it the hard way.

Much better on Saturday though.
Sanderson on 10:16 - Apr 5 with 1851 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Stuck up for him after Blackpool, wanted him run out of town after Peterboro but thought he was decent on Saturday. Must be a clause about playing in the loan deal though as there's no way our best defender this season should be dropped to make way for him.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 10:17]
Sanderson on 10:33 - Apr 5 with 1806 viewsstevec

Feels like we are playing Sanderson in for next season, lord knows why, I thought it was Barbet who was leaving and he can’t play that position. Instead we are shuffling Dickie and Dunne about to accommodate.

Wolves are a top half side, I can’t see how he fits into that level of football.
Sanderson on 11:25 - Apr 5 with 1732 viewsfrancisbowles

Sanderson on 10:16 - Apr 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Stuck up for him after Blackpool, wanted him run out of town after Peterboro but thought he was decent on Saturday. Must be a clause about playing in the loan deal though as there's no way our best defender this season should be dropped to make way for him.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 10:17]

I think it was that the coaching staff had the break to work on the defence and those three were around and Dunne wasn't.

I also think that Dickie is safer in the centre and Sanderson has more pace, although I don't think he's quick, and therefore best suited to the right of the three.

So for me, it is now a choice between Dickie and Dunne for the central role.
Sanderson on 11:28 - Apr 5 with 1727 viewsRangersw12

Should be playing our own players that have done well all season rather than trying to develop a loan player who thinks he's far better than he is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024