Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview 07:35 - May 6 with 4507 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57727
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 08:25 - May 6 with 3674 viewsTheChef

Cheers Clive - congratulations on making it to Preview(-ish?) 46. Not sure how you've done it, but you have.

Who knew by the Swansea game it would come to this? Unfortunately the soap opera will most likely keep rolling through the close season (gets deckchair and popcorn), let's see what Identity Crisis Rangers look like come the first game of the 2022-23 season...

And it's been very remiss of me but I've finally signed up on Patreon - only too happy to make a contribution for your excellent writing and insights on this crazy little club.

Enjoy the summer and your much deserved time off (well, once you've done your end of season player ratings...)

Hasta luego!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:00 - May 6 with 3585 viewsRs_Holy

.... Many thanks Clive... We are a lucky bunch on Loft for Words. The comparison with that scene from Trains Plains and Automobiles made me laugh out loud.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:03 - May 6 with 3588 viewsNorthernr

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:00 - May 6 by Rs_Holy

.... Many thanks Clive... We are a lucky bunch on Loft for Words. The comparison with that scene from Trains Plains and Automobiles made me laugh out loud.

Do you feel this team is fit for Championship travel?

Yes I do. Yes I really do. I believe that. It's not pretty to look at but it'll get you where you want to go.

You have no functioning goalkeepers?

No, not a one.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:07 - May 6 with 3559 viewsRs_Holy

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:03 - May 6 by Northernr

Do you feel this team is fit for Championship travel?

Yes I do. Yes I really do. I believe that. It's not pretty to look at but it'll get you where you want to go.

You have no functioning goalkeepers?

No, not a one.

Brilliant Clive ... still smiling
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:34 - May 6 with 3483 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for everything all year, Clive.

It's greatly appreciated. Thanks man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:46 - May 6 with 3441 viewsbosh67

Excellent summing up, Clive.

"a bin, on wheels, on fire, on an ever-steepening hill."

I would actually say we will be aspiring to this next season. It may even be embroidered under the badge?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:49 - May 6 with 3431 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Yes thanks Clive, supporting this ridiculous club would be hellish (or more so) without your wit, wisdom and overall wonderful writing concerning anything and everything to do with our hooped wonders. Just signed up to the patron too so here's to next season, can't bloody wait!
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 09:49 - May 6 with 3431 viewsed_83

Thanks for everything this season, as always, Clive. So grateful for your efforts, and the consistently excellent writing and interviews, regardless of whether the team itself are playing superbly or falling apart.
Login to get fewer ads

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 10:06 - May 6 with 3361 viewsdaveB

When I think you can't get any better you produce a match report like last week and a preview like this, absolutely outstanding. The best football writer around by miles. The Athletic should be throwing money at you to write for them

Heading to Swansea tonight expecting a dire 0-0, at least it will be sunny tomorrow I suppose
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 10:08 - May 6 with 3355 viewsPaddyhoops

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 08:25 - May 6 by TheChef

Cheers Clive - congratulations on making it to Preview(-ish?) 46. Not sure how you've done it, but you have.

Who knew by the Swansea game it would come to this? Unfortunately the soap opera will most likely keep rolling through the close season (gets deckchair and popcorn), let's see what Identity Crisis Rangers look like come the first game of the 2022-23 season...

And it's been very remiss of me but I've finally signed up on Patreon - only too happy to make a contribution for your excellent writing and insights on this crazy little club.

Enjoy the summer and your much deserved time off (well, once you've done your end of season player ratings...)

Hasta luego!

Great piece again. Spot on about Dieng . He's a superb goalkeeper and despite Mahoneys performance against Sheffield UTD. I'm pretty certain Dieng would have relished gobbling up some of those corners. Mahoney was more comfortable staying put and sadly had to watch as our defence was beaten in the air on pretty much every occasion.
Keep up the good work and enjoy your summer.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 10:13 - May 6 with 3344 viewsdaveB

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 10:08 - May 6 by Paddyhoops

Great piece again. Spot on about Dieng . He's a superb goalkeeper and despite Mahoneys performance against Sheffield UTD. I'm pretty certain Dieng would have relished gobbling up some of those corners. Mahoney was more comfortable staying put and sadly had to watch as our defence was beaten in the air on pretty much every occasion.
Keep up the good work and enjoy your summer.

Number of goals conceded from set pieces with and without Deing is incredible not just this season but previous 2 as well
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 10:35 - May 6 with 3263 viewsTheChef

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 10:13 - May 6 by daveB

Number of goals conceded from set pieces with and without Deing is incredible not just this season but previous 2 as well

There for me is one bright spot for next season, having a fully fit Dieng (assuming he doesn't get sold in the summer). But then it all very much depends on the ten players in front of him.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 12:07 - May 6 with 3072 viewsjoe90

All I want next season is:

> Not to get relegated

> A nice home kit

Am I asking too much?

Good preview, there's been a lot to digest the past few weeks. What a season, couldn't be more QPR.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 12:12 - May 6 with 3066 viewsNorthernr

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 10:35 - May 6 by TheChef

There for me is one bright spot for next season, having a fully fit Dieng (assuming he doesn't get sold in the summer). But then it all very much depends on the ten players in front of him.

Remember September when he’d conceded a few questionable goals at his near post and ppl wondered if he was all that? One of the more objectionable Angry Young Boy Twitter accounts used to absolutely annihilate him and say Archer should be starting.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 12:18 - May 6 with 3055 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Clive
Thanks for all of your outstanding work again this season.
Supporting QPR is so difficult - just when you think everything is going well it all falls apart.
Take Care
James
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 12:58 - May 6 with 2975 viewsquickpassrotter

A very calm, objective and insightful write-up Clive. Thank you, as ever.
The content is extremely disturbing. I had reached an age now where - along with ''nothing surprises me'' - I can roll with the disappointment, lack of clarity, false starts etc. However, I have actually felt upset about our demise and the quick and sudden falling of the cliff situation over the past weeks. Did not ever think that the promising position we were in and then collapse would effect me in this way. Yes, it's the hope that kills you.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 13:02 - May 6 with 2963 viewsBathRanger

Sincere thanks Clive for all your hard work writing such brilliant articles again all this season. Glad to read the Patreon has been successful in helping support you to keep this site going (and AKUTRs). Everything you do is greatly appreciated.

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 13:07 - May 6 with 2943 viewstoboboly

Only 17 shots? Feels like so, so, so many more

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 13:41 - May 6 with 2859 viewsBklynRanger

I normally just do an up-vote because I'm a lazy shit, but thanks for all your hard work this season, Clive. Even during the many lows its been entertaining and informative, and at best its some of the finest stuff you've done I think - that last match report for example was unbelievable.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 17:21 - May 6 with 2530 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks for all these Clive, enjoyable the lot of them, must be if I'm still reading number 46 (Plus the cup ones!)
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 17:26 - May 6 with 2512 viewskropotkin41

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 17:21 - May 6 by PinnerPaul

Thanks for all these Clive, enjoyable the lot of them, must be if I'm still reading number 46 (Plus the cup ones!)

Oof, hard to read and brilliantly put together.

I think we're getting relegated hard next season. I hope you're around to tell us how it is as it unfolds.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 20:12 - May 6 with 2303 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

For me, the match preview & the match report are two outstanding articles & I feel privileged to read them.

A question for anybody that wants to do the arithmetic. How much would season tickets have to increase for the club to receive more income than is lost by tickets not being renewed? We already charge more than most Championship clubs & I'm sure there will be many extra empty seats near us with an increase. This might include some of our group that don't qualify for seniors.

I suspect that income may decrease.
[Post edited 6 May 2022 20:14]
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 20:17 - May 6 with 2297 viewsterryb

Back to tomorrows team selection.

We all know that Sam Field will play & be suspended for the first three games next season!
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 21:07 - May 6 with 2219 viewscolinallcars

Thank you Clive. God, it's tough supporting this team, your work helps though.
However, the radio still works, and it's clear as a bell - Preview on 08:54 - May 7 with 1805 viewsderbyhoop

The explanation about the accounts needs saying over and over and over.
Those who don't understand that will keep demanding the unachievable and the message will never get through.

ST & gate income doesn't even pat the wages of the first team squad. Owners putting in over £1m per month. We are going to have to sell one of the assets for big money in a declining market.

It's all come off the rails in the last 3 months. Is there anybody capable of getting us back on track.

Clive"s writing is the brightest light in our universe.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024