Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season s Expectations 22:15 - May 30 with 10930 viewsnumptydumpty

Lot more competitive league next season.

And in all reality, we are competing to be top of the bottom six.

Sixteenth this season would be a success, given our current state.

This season ahead, personally not expecting much at all.

A better home record would not go amiss.

And a few more goals would be well received.

If we end up top half that's a solid season and top six would be near on orgasmic given recent performances

Anyone more hopeful and if you are, what gives you these beliefs !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Season s Expectations on 22:17 - May 30 with 5066 viewsHastings_Hoops

Top half… because it’s QPR and QPR always beat the odds.
Season s Expectations on 22:47 - May 30 with 4966 viewsHAMRanger

It's the hope that kills you... so I'm looking forward to this season
Season s Expectations on 22:50 - May 30 with 4944 viewsDorse

A few more occasions of being the gob-bummer rather than the gob-bumee would be nice.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Season s Expectations on 23:15 - May 30 with 4916 viewsQPRConor2000

it will come down to our recruitment, if we recruit well then mid table, if not then its going to be a long old season for us.

I think we need at least six or seven additions, and thats not including the players who could be sold on.
Season s Expectations on 23:37 - May 30 with 4890 viewskensalriser

Championship's definitely going to be tougher next year.

Three big teams are coming down from the PL and three good teams are coming up from L1 and that's never happened before.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Season s Expectations on 00:33 - May 31 with 4839 viewsSydneyRs

How much of this stuff about it being tougher is perception because the clubs coming up and down have good fan bases? Didn't stop the ones coming up going into league one in the first place and other big clubs such as Forest and Sunderland have also been there in recent times.

Everyone thought Watford, Norwich and WBA would do well also. Swansea, once roundly praised for having a long term system new managers could seamlessly fit into are now languishing.

Obvs the prem teams bring parachute payments with them but its not always that simple. They will lose players and have to rebuild.

Every year lower budget teams manage to compete. Whether we can very much depends on transfer movements in the next few weeks. We've just watched two teams who were completely broke contest the playoff final.
Season s Expectations on 01:06 - May 31 with 4802 viewsBoston

Top half finish will do me.

Go Gareth go...repeat

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Season s Expectations on 08:14 - May 31 with 4620 viewsstevec

Totally dependent on who we bring in and who chooses them.

Hard to place any trust in the DOF after last season and I suspect GA will find himself burdened with another bunch of wasters.
Login to get fewer ads

Season s Expectations on 08:46 - May 31 with 4574 viewsdmm

It's difficult to know how next season will pan out other than it being a difficult one. We know so little about what's going on at the club.

As people have mentioned elsewhere, we need straightforward statements from the club on what the changes Ainsworth is bringing are and what is the longer term vision for QPR.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 8:48]
Season s Expectations on 09:17 - May 31 with 4497 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Season s Expectations on 08:14 - May 31 by stevec

Totally dependent on who we bring in and who chooses them.

Hard to place any trust in the DOF after last season and I suspect GA will find himself burdened with another bunch of wasters.

Yep. You can make a case for appointing Ainsworth and letting him get on with it but if he's having to rely on Les for signings then what's the point? Incredible to see that stat about how little the Luton side cost. Anyway, I'm sure Les will have spotted some gems on his Hong Kong jolly.
Season s Expectations on 09:44 - May 31 with 4455 viewsTheChef

I'll take 16th

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Season s Expectations on 09:45 - May 31 with 4456 viewsLogman

I don't think there is any way that GA and the backroom staff will be able to recruit to the extent that is needed to get us playing the type of football that we saw from many of the teams that visited us last season, e.g. Burnley, Preston, Coventry, Luton etc.

I think the playing style may well be similar to what we saw in the last few games.

The days of free flowing Warb-ball are long gone.
Season s Expectations on 10:02 - May 31 with 4418 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Relegation battle. Hopeful and positive by nature but think we're in for a terrible time given the myriad of problems already discussed on other threads a million times over.
Season s Expectations on 10:07 - May 31 with 4396 viewsAntti_Heinola

Relegation is my expectation.

Bare bones.

Season s Expectations on 10:11 - May 31 with 4378 viewsGloucs_R

Depends on what our recruitment is like. If the likes of Millwall and Preston can compete every year then there is no reason we cannot.

When I say compete, I'm talking about mid-table mediocrity.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season s Expectations on 11:09 - May 31 with 4297 viewsdutch

Season s Expectations on 10:07 - May 31 by Antti_Heinola

A real danger this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Season s Expectations on 11:38 - May 31 with 4259 viewsjoe90

All depends on recruitment. If we stick with the current squad we’ll be in a relegation battle. If GA can shape the team then I don’t see why couldn’t have a bang average season.
Season s Expectations on 11:39 - May 31 with 4258 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Season s Expectations on 10:07 - May 31 by Antti_Heinola

Agreed. Highly likely we'll not replace Chair, Dieng with the same quality, so we'll be weaker again.
Season s Expectations on 11:57 - May 31 with 4200 viewslave16

Season s Expectations on 11:39 - May 31 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Agreed. Highly likely we'll not replace Chair, Dieng with the same quality, so we'll be weaker again.

I'm expecting a season of blood sweat and tears ending in 16th place with no cup run and less injuries

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Season s Expectations on 11:58 - May 31 with 4197 viewsRs_Holy

16th in the League and 4th round of the Cup will be hunky-dory with me!
Season s Expectations on 12:05 - May 31 with 4178 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season s Expectations on 10:11 - May 31 by Gloucs_R

Depends on what our recruitment is like. If the likes of Millwall and Preston can compete every year then there is no reason we cannot.

When I say compete, I'm talking about mid-table mediocrity.

But I can pretty much guarantee you that at some point in the next 10-20 years both Preston and Millwall will spend some time in league one. As will we, as will almost every club roughly our size. Just look at clubs in the last 30 years: 31 of the 44 teams in the top two leagues have been in league one at some stage; the vast majority of them have been in league one in the last 20 years.
In fact, an interesting trend is teams who went to League One and it was there they overhauled and started anew. Most of the current clubs seen as 'models' to follow began their recent journey in League One or even lower: Luton, Brighton, Brentford, Cov - and the last batch of clubs who did similarly had also made successful journeys that started there: Reading, Wigan, Southampton, Swansea.
I think an important point when we blithely talk about 'lower league gems' is that they're not all signed by Championship clubs for cheap fees (look at the fees paid for Twine and Toney, for example), but they are bought by clubs IN League One, and developed AT THAT LEVEL, before they go on to become good players at Champ level or higher IN THE SAME TEAM: the reason Cov and Luton have low wage bills is precisely because they have not recently been in the Prem. They have a structure rooted in lower leagues rather than one polluted by the Prem.

All this is not to say we can't compete, it's not even mitigation for not competing, but I do think there are more factors about than just 'Luton did it, why can't we?' - that is true, but Luton are such a small club that of the 72 clubs in the FL, a good 50 of them could be saying the same things we are.

Bare bones.

Season s Expectations on 12:10 - May 31 with 4167 viewsLblock

Relegation.

Nailed on.

I won't get drawn in this season even if we are 3rd at the end of October!!!!

I also expect Ainsworth to be sacked in November as another "can carrier" for the clowns above him. We'll appoint Sean Derry (my Lord) as further fan appeasement and he'll take us down.

I also expect Les to moan about clubs stealing our prospects whilst not addressing the issue or, in fact, doing the same to other clubs (relatively speaking).

I expect we'll continue our excellent work in the community and strive for greater equality and we will parade that like some sort of prize.

Apart from that it'll be another great one following the club.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Season s Expectations on 12:30 - May 31 with 4105 viewsandrew1302

I think it depends on who is in charge of bringing players. If it is left to the same team as the last few years certain relegation and then straight thru League 1 to League 2. If we get rid of Les and his cronies and sign players who aren't sick notes and have ambition and desire then mid table. As i constantly say if the owners decide they should actually get involved and start to appreciate the mess we are in then we have a chance of survival. If not and they sit on their hands just sending cheques i see nothing but more doom and gloom. The interesting reaction will come if Les stays and then sacks Gareth after a few games. I really think at that point the fans will openly turn against Les. He is in a tight corner now .
Season s Expectations on 12:45 - May 31 with 4050 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season s Expectations on 12:30 - May 31 by andrew1302

I think it depends on who is in charge of bringing players. If it is left to the same team as the last few years certain relegation and then straight thru League 1 to League 2. If we get rid of Les and his cronies and sign players who aren't sick notes and have ambition and desire then mid table. As i constantly say if the owners decide they should actually get involved and start to appreciate the mess we are in then we have a chance of survival. If not and they sit on their hands just sending cheques i see nothing but more doom and gloom. The interesting reaction will come if Les stays and then sacks Gareth after a few games. I really think at that point the fans will openly turn against Les. He is in a tight corner now .

It's really funny how for decades the idea of owners interfering in team matters was basically seen as the worst thing that could happen, now because of a couple of successes it's seen as the only way to go.

Bare bones.

Season s Expectations on 12:58 - May 31 with 4025 viewsnumbers912

Every reason i talk myself into thinking we might be good. I think i've finally learned my lesson. At this stage i'll take staying up finishing around 16th and winning a few games at home scoring up the Loft end of the ground. I am worried that we are going to end up playing some grim stuff though. Bleakest i've felt for years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024