Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 20:29 - Jul 14 with 3535 viewsBucksRanger

Just found this video. 4 days old apparently. Haven't even watched it myself yet. Looks like it could be interesting.

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:47 - Jul 14 with 3403 viewsBoston

What is it with Irish people and shorts?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:51 - Jul 14 with 3189 viewsCateLeBonR

I went for Chocolate, Chrisps and Sweets too.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:04 - Jul 14 with 3128 viewsMedwayR

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:51 - Jul 14 by CateLeBonR

I went for Chocolate, Chrisps and Sweets too.

Crisps, sweets, chocolate for me.

Poll: Who’s better?

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:05 - Jul 14 with 3122 viewsslmrstid

He doesn't go into great detail but he doesn't seem very impressed by the Beale situation last year, which is an interesting insight.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:22 - Jul 14 with 3050 viewsCateLeBonR

I'm not sure that "could do with a loan" is enough reason for a loan. I've heard a few people say it now and in my opinion you just have to play him at this stage. Or not. Which is what we're doing.
Sinclair Armstrong on 23:32 - Jul 14 with 2844 viewsLazyFan

QPR need to stop mucking young player about.

Play him, he frightens defenders, he can play Gazball and who knows he may rip up trees.

Play him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sinclair Armstrong on 01:08 - Jul 15 with 2718 viewsBoston

Gareth sold a Wycombe cow for a couple of magic beans. He planted it in front of the loft where it grew up into the clouds. A giant is climbing down that beanstalk - ffs, play the giant, he'll only fe fi fo fum, smell the blood of a Watfordman, if he's on the pitch.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sinclair Armstrong on 01:47 - Jul 15 with 2686 viewsdistortR

Sinclair Armstrong on 01:08 - Jul 15 by Boston

Gareth sold a Wycombe cow for a couple of magic beans. He planted it in front of the loft where it grew up into the clouds. A giant is climbing down that beanstalk - ffs, play the giant, he'll only fe fi fo fum, smell the blood of a Watfordman, if he's on the pitch.

What ever you're on, chuck some my way, mate!
Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 07:14 - Jul 15 with 2516 viewsstevec

Fair play to any adult who got past the first seven minutes, thought I’d tuned into CBeebies.

Did the two lads in shorts ask anything remotely interesting? If so, a summary on here would be much appreciated. You did it so I didn’t have to.
Sinclair Armstrong on 07:38 - Jul 15 with 2450 viewseastside_r

I am another one in the ‘keep him and play him’ camp. I think where we are (mostly) expecting to be this season, it would be a conceit to send him out on loan.

He has now played under 4 QPR managers and from what I’ve seen thus far, GA is probably going to play a style that most suits Sinclair.

He doesn’t have to play 90 minutes every week and he is only just 20.

Hopefully this will be his breakout season.
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:23 - Jul 15 with 2333 viewsDannyPaddox

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:32 - Jul 14 by LazyFan

Play him, he frightens defenders, he can play Gazball and who knows he may rip up trees.

Play him.

That’s why the pitch isn’t ready. We’ve planted trees in the Loft End goal. The club scoured the FA regulations - there’s no rule to say you can’t plant trees on the pitch. First half we defend the Loft, the trees act as de facto centre-backs. Second half Sinclair rips the trees up. Yes it’s Gazball shithousery taken to extremes but give me a better idea.
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:08 - Jul 15 with 2001 viewsbaz_qpr

Sinclair Armstrong on 07:14 - Jul 15 by stevec

Fair play to any adult who got past the first seven minutes, thought I’d tuned into CBeebies.

Did the two lads in shorts ask anything remotely interesting? If so, a summary on here would be much appreciated. You did it so I didn’t have to.

Yeah it was really interesting, the podcasters are professional coaches in Ireland and have been involved with him in the youth set ups there. Since talks about how he studies the game and forward s such as Harland talks about some of the advice he has been given and his journey through the Irish set up
Sinclair Armstrong on 14:16 - Jul 15 with 1979 viewsRangersw12

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:32 - Jul 14 by LazyFan

Play him.

Difficult to play him when he isn't fit
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:22 - Jul 15 with 1801 viewsBklynRanger

It's kind of slow paced, and you do have to wonder why a 19 year old who has still done nothing in the professional game needs an hour long interview, but that aside I think it's not bad having listened to half of it.

The two most interesting points for me are that he spent a good deal of his young career so far seeing himself, and playing as, a winger. Freely admitted that he didn't know how to play as a 9 at all when he was first put in there by Duff - at 16 I think it was so really not that long ago.

The other thing from around that time was this idea, instilled in him by Duff, that he must always try to win the ball back within 6 seconds. Even, he acknowledges, when it may not be on or may not be possible.

The interviewers spend a good 5 minutes going on about how great a quality that is but it's probably also something that he needs to be groomed out of. Pacing himself to stay in the game, stay in position, use his head rather than run around like a loon - those are things that people must be working on with him you'd think. The aggression and closing down are great parts of his game but he's clearly still learning.
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:00 - Jul 15 with 1662 viewseastside_r

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:22 - Jul 15 by BklynRanger

It's kind of slow paced, and you do have to wonder why a 19 year old who has still done nothing in the professional game needs an hour long interview, but that aside I think it's not bad having listened to half of it.

The two most interesting points for me are that he spent a good deal of his young career so far seeing himself, and playing as, a winger. Freely admitted that he didn't know how to play as a 9 at all when he was first put in there by Duff - at 16 I think it was so really not that long ago.

The other thing from around that time was this idea, instilled in him by Duff, that he must always try to win the ball back within 6 seconds. Even, he acknowledges, when it may not be on or may not be possible.

The interviewers spend a good 5 minutes going on about how great a quality that is but it's probably also something that he needs to be groomed out of. Pacing himself to stay in the game, stay in position, use his head rather than run around like a loon - those are things that people must be working on with him you'd think. The aggression and closing down are great parts of his game but he's clearly still learning.

I listened to all of it and I think you have highlighted the two salient points.
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:03 - Jul 15 with 1635 viewsDamo1962

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:00 - Jul 15 by eastside_r

I listened to all of it and I think you have highlighted the two salient points.

When he actually scores a goal for the first team...then I'll sit up and take notice of anything he says. At the moment...meh.
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:12 - Jul 15 with 1606 viewsdistortR

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:00 - Jul 15 by eastside_r

If there's a book I should read, but can't be arsed to, maybe Brooklyn could read it for me and draft up a brief synopsis with bullet points?
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:23 - Jul 15 with 1569 viewsBklynRanger

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:12 - Jul 15 by distortR

If there's a book I should read, but can't be arsed to, maybe Brooklyn could read it for me and draft up a brief synopsis with bullet points?

I think we should let Eastside do it mate - he seems to know the full facts!
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:41 - Jul 15 with 1496 viewsPhilmyRs

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:22 - Jul 15 by BklynRanger

Yeah, I’d agree with that. Thought it was funny how the presenters were really praising him for the harrying he does and chasing every ball down when the majority of the coaches over here and quite a few of the fans, are trying to get that out his game and for Sinclair to pick the key moments to press and not waste his energy sprinting after every ball. The best - see Halland - pick their moments and Sinclair needs to do that better. No doubt he’ll then get people throwing the lazy stuff his way as they did at times with Les but he’ll be better for it in terms of goals and making a key impact in games.

One other interesting point I hadn’t realised, is how good the Irish under 21s are. Listening to that and you get the impression they’ve got their own “class of 95” coming through. I have my doubts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024