Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice one Gareth. 21:13 - Oct 28 with 5710 viewsCateLeBonR

Think he’s done a good job. Shame about the players. Cheers.
Nice one Gareth. on 21:19 - Oct 28 with 4580 viewsessextaxiboy

Gutted that he has failed .

By what measure has he done a good job though ?
Nice one Gareth. on 21:32 - Oct 28 with 4492 viewsCateLeBonR

Nice one Gareth. on 21:19 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

Gutted that he has failed .

By what measure has he done a good job though ?

He’s given me something to support.
Nice one Gareth. on 21:34 - Oct 28 with 4477 viewsrbee

Gareth's tenure hasn't been a total failure.

His enthusiasm and positivity kept us up last season.

His recruitment, bearing in mind his budget, has been ok bringing in 'cheap' experience.

His appointment of Ben Williams should benefit the club way in to the future.

But like Warburton, Beale and Critchley before him he could not get any consistent form out of our motley crew of players so he had to go.

Next please.
Nice one Gareth. on 21:40 - Oct 28 with 4427 viewsbosh67

Yup against all odds he kept us up.

It's not easy to run a side with players that are never fit, getting sent off and who can't score goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nice one Gareth. on 21:43 - Oct 28 with 4382 viewsCateLeBonR

Nice one Gareth. on 21:40 - Oct 28 by bosh67

Yup against all odds he kept us up.

It's not easy to run a side with players that are never fit, getting sent off and who can't score goals.

I quite enjoyed Dozzells sending off.
Nice one Gareth. on 22:46 - Oct 28 with 4192 viewsnumptydumpty

Nice one Gareth. on 21:43 - Oct 28 by CateLeBonR

It's been an abysmal year for QPR..

And Ainsworths reign was in first gear throughout !!!

Strangely they have got rid after one of our best home performances under his tenure. Very strange.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Nice one Gareth. on 22:49 - Oct 28 with 4153 viewsrbee

The decision to sack Gareth would of been made days ago
Nice one Gareth. on 01:43 - Oct 29 with 3880 viewsBoston

Nice one Gareth. on 21:32 - Oct 28 by CateLeBonR

He’s given me something to support.

Have you considered a jockstrap?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Nice one Gareth. on 03:20 - Oct 29 with 3739 viewsHoopsie

I think the problem for Ainsworth is the game plan, organising a squad, attacking and defending tactics, responding during the game, the “right” formations

So much so it is long balls to the channels, long throws to nowhere, not bothering about the football (under 20% possession at home?), parking a leaking bus

We might have the effort, the motivational speak, the “intensity”, emptying the tank, giving the all, the haka , transformational defeats from 4-0 to “only” 2-0 etc and crucially fans behind the team, both home and away.

However, these are not enough - we actually have to play football with wits and a plan, and make it enjoyable for the fans win, lose or draw. With a team so thin and bare where only the first 11 might just be good enough for this league, we got to organise better, play to our strength, and use our best players in the best way possible

I am not belittling Ainsworth, he was a successful manager at Wycombe for more than a decade, but in the championship it has proven we can’t be set up and play like Wycombe, not because QPR is “bigger” or “better” than Wycombe, but because the teams around us are mostly bigger and better equipped, so we have to adapt, grow and evolve as a club in order to succeed. There’s a reason why clubs are where they are in the leagues.

Our stock and fortunes have fallen through the last decade by turning a corner wrong many a times that were already well documented - FFP, the academy, recruitment, mismanagement (despite the owners paying for these “mistakes”)

We need to stop the rot and salvage the season before we could do a hard reset. Relegation might threaten our survival and much I would like to say it is unthinkable there are reasons right in front of my eyes to tell me why we are where we are at the moment

So thank you Gareth, you tried your level best but it just wasn’t to be
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 3:24]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Nice one Gareth. on 07:02 - Oct 29 with 3535 viewsNorthantsHoop

Nice one Gareth. on 03:20 - Oct 29 by Hoopsie

I think the problem for Ainsworth is the game plan, organising a squad, attacking and defending tactics, responding during the game, the “right” formations

So much so it is long balls to the channels, long throws to nowhere, not bothering about the football (under 20% possession at home?), parking a leaking bus

We might have the effort, the motivational speak, the “intensity”, emptying the tank, giving the all, the haka , transformational defeats from 4-0 to “only” 2-0 etc and crucially fans behind the team, both home and away.

However, these are not enough - we actually have to play football with wits and a plan, and make it enjoyable for the fans win, lose or draw. With a team so thin and bare where only the first 11 might just be good enough for this league, we got to organise better, play to our strength, and use our best players in the best way possible

I am not belittling Ainsworth, he was a successful manager at Wycombe for more than a decade, but in the championship it has proven we can’t be set up and play like Wycombe, not because QPR is “bigger” or “better” than Wycombe, but because the teams around us are mostly bigger and better equipped, so we have to adapt, grow and evolve as a club in order to succeed. There’s a reason why clubs are where they are in the leagues.

Our stock and fortunes have fallen through the last decade by turning a corner wrong many a times that were already well documented - FFP, the academy, recruitment, mismanagement (despite the owners paying for these “mistakes”)

We need to stop the rot and salvage the season before we could do a hard reset. Relegation might threaten our survival and much I would like to say it is unthinkable there are reasons right in front of my eyes to tell me why we are where we are at the moment

Excellent points, at the moment we don't have the players or style of football to be competitive in the Championship. If the right manager for the current situation is appointed and we can survive and get playing football again there is always hope.
Nice one Gareth. on 07:05 - Oct 29 with 3517 viewsnumptydumpty

I can't say thank you Gareth because he has been fricking awful.

Long ball game to no one. Trying to win games with 19% possession.

Hanging certain players out to dry.

Only tactic has been to get the boys to show effort.

And although his own personal way, don't wear high heels on the touchline.

If he hadn't been a decent player for us previously, all of the above would have been stated by most.

But yes, thank you Gareth !!!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 8:15]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Nice one Gareth. on 08:41 - Oct 29 with 3371 viewsCamberleyR

By no stretch of the imagination has he done a good job, the bare facts illustrate that. Managers like players have a natural level and the Championship unfortunately is a level above his ability.

I bare no ill will to him whatsoever, I really wanted it to work out for him as I loved him as a player when he played for us. I hope he makes a success of his next job as he is one of the good guys.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Nice one Gareth. on 08:46 - Oct 29 with 3347 viewsgazza1

Nice one Gareth. on 22:49 - Oct 28 by rbee

The decision to sack Gareth would of been made days ago

Agreed and I would hope that they would have 'lined up' a new manager - they have know we were going to need ne a fair few weeks ago!!!
Nice one Gareth. on 08:52 - Oct 29 with 3308 viewsEsox_Lucius

Nice one Gareth. on 22:46 - Oct 28 by numptydumpty

Strangely they have got rid after one of our best home performances under his tenure. Very strange.

Maybe the players knew he was going and played how they wanted to? I thought Kakay did an excellent job man marking Vardy, Paal showed some real skills and kept their player on his toes throughout. Dozzell was playing really well until he mugged into shoving their player to the ground. Chair and Dykes must have run a marathon each chasing and harrying their defence with Kelman putting in the best performance I have seen him play. Field looked so much better when he went up top at the end and Dixon-Bonner was looking like a baller until Smyth came on and he had to move back into defence. Kudos for Albert too, one of his best games for a long while.
This is all guesswork and I am sure I will only be proved wrong when the next recipient of the poisoned chalice fails to get a tune out of them but yesterday was well worth the admission fee and they were worthy of being clapped off the pitch.

The grass is always greener.

Nice one Gareth. on 08:54 - Oct 29 with 3296 viewsjohnhoop

Nice one Gareth. on 21:43 - Oct 28 by CateLeBonR

Curious to know how any QPR supporter could actually have found the thing that destroyed our chances of taking points off the runaway League leaders “enjoyable.”
Nice one Gareth. on 09:05 - Oct 29 with 3245 viewsWatfordR

Arguably the worst managerial appointment inflicted upon us in my 50+ years of watching this lot. Never ever up to the job, with all the tactical acumen of a dad pressganged into running his son's Under 11s. Couldn't care less what he did as a player, if that was a criteria to manage here, we should have had Stanley in as manager years ago. But I wouldn't have wanted that either.

And for all those coating off the players, how many of you have worked for dreadful managers in your own jobs and continued to give absolutely 100% commitment to your job and everything you did in it?

For those having a go at the board, its perfectly reasonable as far as GA's appointment goes, that lies at their door. But almost no one was whinging when they supported Warbs with the signings of Austin et al. Beale and Critchley were at the time acknowledged as probably the best we could do.

The priorities for this season now is to find a manager who will give us the best chance to finish outside the bottom three and to get a DoF in place that will have a manager (or more sensibly a coach) in place to go the minute this season is done. Warnock would surely fit the bill.
Nice one Gareth. on 09:33 - Oct 29 with 3145 viewsPindarus

Never understood the cult of the Gareth, who apparently has to be known by his first name. Good player in his day, awful manager. Thankfully we don't have to see that Lank long hair and rheumy eyes spouting nonsense week after week.
Please no more ex players!
Nice one Gareth. on 12:06 - Oct 29 with 2883 viewsCateLeBonR

Nice one Gareth. on 08:54 - Oct 29 by johnhoop

Curious to know how any QPR supporter could actually have found the thing that destroyed our chances of taking points off the runaway League leaders “enjoyable.”

Well perhaps you’re being a little melo-dramatic mate. At the time I didn’t really see what happened other than their player falling on his arse. Watching back last night and this morning it’s not a great challenge by Dozzell and the push back is very dumb but it did make me chuckle a bit.
Nice one Gareth. on 12:10 - Oct 29 with 2853 viewsted_hendrix

Nice one Gareth. on 09:05 - Oct 29 by WatfordR

Arguably the worst managerial appointment inflicted upon us in my 50+ years of watching this lot. Never ever up to the job, with all the tactical acumen of a dad pressganged into running his son's Under 11s. Couldn't care less what he did as a player, if that was a criteria to manage here, we should have had Stanley in as manager years ago. But I wouldn't have wanted that either.

And for all those coating off the players, how many of you have worked for dreadful managers in your own jobs and continued to give absolutely 100% commitment to your job and everything you did in it?

For those having a go at the board, its perfectly reasonable as far as GA's appointment goes, that lies at their door. But almost no one was whinging when they supported Warbs with the signings of Austin et al. Beale and Critchley were at the time acknowledged as probably the best we could do.

The priorities for this season now is to find a manager who will give us the best chance to finish outside the bottom three and to get a DoF in place that will have a manager (or more sensibly a coach) in place to go the minute this season is done. Warnock would surely fit the bill.

In a nutshell.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Nice one Gareth. on 12:21 - Oct 29 with 2788 viewsSuperhoops2808

Nice one Gareth. on 08:52 - Oct 29 by Esox_Lucius

Maybe the players knew he was going and played how they wanted to? I thought Kakay did an excellent job man marking Vardy, Paal showed some real skills and kept their player on his toes throughout. Dozzell was playing really well until he mugged into shoving their player to the ground. Chair and Dykes must have run a marathon each chasing and harrying their defence with Kelman putting in the best performance I have seen him play. Field looked so much better when he went up top at the end and Dixon-Bonner was looking like a baller until Smyth came on and he had to move back into defence. Kudos for Albert too, one of his best games for a long while.
This is all guesswork and I am sure I will only be proved wrong when the next recipient of the poisoned chalice fails to get a tune out of them but yesterday was well worth the admission fee and they were worthy of being clapped off the pitch.

I reckon that was more to do with who was in the stands than for GA

If as has been mentioned, Eustace and Warnock were there, then I am sure the players knew this too. Good to hear that when motivated the players do put in a shift and if played tactically correctly then it bodes well

Or maybe I am just dreaming I dunno
Nice one Gareth. on 12:40 - Oct 29 with 2728 viewswesty

Nice one Gareth. on 22:46 - Oct 28 by numptydumpty

Not strange at all, as if the new manager wants to face Leicester at home for his first game. Ainsworth was gone even if QPR won yesterday btw. He knew before the game but agreed to take charge of yesterday’s game. Far better Rotherham away for a fresh start for the new manager.
The problem lays a lot deeper than the manager. In fact any manager not just GA.
Can’t see Dykes all of a sudden turning into a goal machine or Armstrong being able to stay onside Whoever is in charge.
I can see Willock getting up the new managers arse and doing ok for a move in January and with his mate Chair those two may get better.
Fck knows where this will all end up. Maybe GA will cross paths again next year in Lg1 somewhere.
Who knows
Nice one Gareth. on 12:53 - Oct 29 with 2657 viewsNed_Kennedys

Nice one Gareth. on 12:40 - Oct 29 by westy

Not strange at all, as if the new manager wants to face Leicester at home for his first game. Ainsworth was gone even if QPR won yesterday btw. He knew before the game but agreed to take charge of yesterday’s game. Far better Rotherham away for a fresh start for the new manager.
The problem lays a lot deeper than the manager. In fact any manager not just GA.
Can’t see Dykes all of a sudden turning into a goal machine or Armstrong being able to stay onside Whoever is in charge.
I can see Willock getting up the new managers arse and doing ok for a move in January and with his mate Chair those two may get better.
Fck knows where this will all end up. Maybe GA will cross paths again next year in Lg1 somewhere.
Who knows

So you claim he allegedly knew before the game they were sacking him but he still did the usual post match interviews where he was still talking up his chances of turning things around? He’s clearly a proud man: why on earth would he do that then?

Love the ‘ITKs’ on here 😂
Nice one Gareth. on 13:59 - Oct 29 with 2546 viewsPunteR

Nice one Gareth. on 03:20 - Oct 29 by Hoopsie

Sadly a perfect summing up of the current situation on Ainsworths watch.

Im gutted for the guy and Dobson. They are QPR .
They tried their best.

Hopefully they can still get work in football.
Nasty business but im sure they got paid well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nice one Gareth. on 14:04 - Oct 29 with 2502 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nice one Gareth. on 12:53 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

So you claim he allegedly knew before the game they were sacking him but he still did the usual post match interviews where he was still talking up his chances of turning things around? He’s clearly a proud man: why on earth would he do that then?

Love the ‘ITKs’ on here 😂

He may or may not have known, but the decision was certainly taken after the Blackburn game. I am not ITK, but anyone could see it was over after that. They just took some time to sort out finances and sound out replacements - Hoos' statement basically admits that with the news that the new coach will be appointed in a few days.

Bare bones.

Nice one Gareth. on 14:17 - Oct 29 with 2437 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice one Gareth. on 14:04 - Oct 29 by Antti_Heinola

He may or may not have known, but the decision was certainly taken after the Blackburn game. I am not ITK, but anyone could see it was over after that. They just took some time to sort out finances and sound out replacements - Hoos' statement basically admits that with the news that the new coach will be appointed in a few days.

"Hoos' statement basically admits that with the news that the new coach will be appointed in a few days."

That's how I read that, too - that they have someone lined up. Otherwise, why suggest/promise? Dreadfully amateurish wording, in either case.

It doesn't mean, though, that Ainsworth or the players knew they were lining up a replacement.

I've often said it, I find it completely immoral that anyone, in any industry, would interview for a job that is currently taken, let alone by a fellow member of their Union.

Sadly, though, in football - this seems to be the norm.

I'd think less of them as a collective, if that were at all possible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024