Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565173 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 17:17 - Feb 21 with 2501 viewsChrisNW6

'One Day' very binge worthy shortish episodes, great nostalgia to the 80s and 90s. Both leading characters are watchable and some great acting.

Love/Hate on ITVX, bit dated as it's over 10yrs old and a bit gritty. But fantastic Irish gangster series with some well known actors.
Half decent tv on 17:27 - Feb 21 with 2491 viewsAntti_Heinola

Half decent tv on 23:46 - Feb 20 by PunteR

Actually, dont bother. Went down hill as soon as i posted . Shame , it started really well but got its self a bit tangled up and ended up like an episode of scooby doo.
Not sure who directed/wrote it but blatantly hates men. Every male character is an absolute pathetic specimen while every women just gives it out and bosses it. Weird, and makes the whole thing a bit unhinged. I watched it with wife and daughter and they thought the same. It makes you think its building up to something spectacular and a massive plot twist but chances are you've already guessed the ending from about episode 3.

Thought the first ep was great. Then went steadily downhill and the final two episodes were a joke.
A shame, because the cast I thought were really good and did their best with the material. Christopher Ecclestone wasted in a nothing role; the excellent Fiona Shaw saddled with a ridiculous part; Jodie Foster and Kali Reis were really good, but obviously had to try and keep a straight face through the increasing ludicrousness of it all. Felt sorry for them by the end.
I think the 'hating men' thing is unfair. The most sympathetic and likeable and diligent and smart character in it was male (Prior); Ecclestone's character was just a guy caught in the middle. Navarro was unpredictable, violent and troubled; Danvers was basically hated by everyone (except Prior); even her own daughter most of the time, and did a number of pretty dodgy things. One of the main villains was female (the corporation woman who had Annie K's body moved and was cuplable in all the horrible things happening there). Navarro's boyfriend was a nice guy, strong, understanding, while being mistreated by her. I really didn't see it that way at all. But as a show it was really disappointing and very silly.

Bare bones.

Half decent tv on 17:54 - Feb 21 with 2440 viewspaulparker

Not sure it has been mentioned yet but Love/Hate is well worth a watch especially the scenes with Nidges missus in her underwear

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Half decent tv on 18:08 - Feb 21 with 2419 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 17:54 - Feb 21 by paulparker

Not sure it has been mentioned yet but Love/Hate is well worth a watch especially the scenes with Nidges missus in her underwear

Watching Series 2 of Kin. Brendan Kinsella is such a sweetheart.
Half decent tv on 18:52 - Feb 21 with 2366 viewsPunteR

Half decent tv on 17:27 - Feb 21 by Antti_Heinola

Thought the first ep was great. Then went steadily downhill and the final two episodes were a joke.
A shame, because the cast I thought were really good and did their best with the material. Christopher Ecclestone wasted in a nothing role; the excellent Fiona Shaw saddled with a ridiculous part; Jodie Foster and Kali Reis were really good, but obviously had to try and keep a straight face through the increasing ludicrousness of it all. Felt sorry for them by the end.
I think the 'hating men' thing is unfair. The most sympathetic and likeable and diligent and smart character in it was male (Prior); Ecclestone's character was just a guy caught in the middle. Navarro was unpredictable, violent and troubled; Danvers was basically hated by everyone (except Prior); even her own daughter most of the time, and did a number of pretty dodgy things. One of the main villains was female (the corporation woman who had Annie K's body moved and was cuplable in all the horrible things happening there). Navarro's boyfriend was a nice guy, strong, understanding, while being mistreated by her. I really didn't see it that way at all. But as a show it was really disappointing and very silly.

Maybe. Just the way we saw it. Prior was Danvers little bitch that nearly wrecked his own marriage if it wasn't for his wife taking sympathy on him. Eccleston's was snaky, he wasn't caught in the middle at all, he actively tried manipulating the situation for his own political ends. He was also Danvers little sex bitch. Agree though it was a nothing role for someone of Eccleston's calibre. Navarro's boyfriend was basically like a mistreated hairy house wife albeit a nice caring person and probably the least flawed out of everyone. All the women were strong characters whether good or bad and all the men were mostly pathetic losers who got bossed by all the women. There was definitely a theme, not that it matters. It was a mess by the end anyway.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 19:05 - Feb 21 with 2337 viewsPeterHucker

Boat Story on BBC Iplayer.
Only watched 1 episode but it's very good so far.

Also I really liked the Polish series Dead End on Netflix.
Heist gone wrong scenario, funny characters, very well written.
Just 6 half hour episodes so it doesn't drag on and on, like a lot of TV series these days.
Half decent tv on 20:42 - Feb 21 with 2278 viewsAntti_Heinola

Half decent tv on 18:52 - Feb 21 by PunteR

Maybe. Just the way we saw it. Prior was Danvers little bitch that nearly wrecked his own marriage if it wasn't for his wife taking sympathy on him. Eccleston's was snaky, he wasn't caught in the middle at all, he actively tried manipulating the situation for his own political ends. He was also Danvers little sex bitch. Agree though it was a nothing role for someone of Eccleston's calibre. Navarro's boyfriend was basically like a mistreated hairy house wife albeit a nice caring person and probably the least flawed out of everyone. All the women were strong characters whether good or bad and all the men were mostly pathetic losers who got bossed by all the women. There was definitely a theme, not that it matters. It was a mess by the end anyway.

Think you could equally argue Danvers (promiscuous) and Navarro (violent) were just female equivalents of any number of male cop partnerships in the past. I didn't mind that flipping of things, don't think it means the writer hates men. I think both Prior (a rookie - and in the police force, I imagine that's how the rookies get treated a lot of the time, whether their boss is male or female: she also had a lot of respect for his police work, too) and Navarro's boyf's character were strong characters, but that's just different viewpoints I guess!
Agree total mess, long before the end!

Bare bones.

Half decent tv on 21:04 - Feb 21 with 2262 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 17:17 - Feb 21 by ChrisNW6

'One Day' very binge worthy shortish episodes, great nostalgia to the 80s and 90s. Both leading characters are watchable and some great acting.

Love/Hate on ITVX, bit dated as it's over 10yrs old and a bit gritty. But fantastic Irish gangster series with some well known actors.

Yeah quite enjoyed this.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:22 - Feb 21 with 2245 viewsPunteR

Half decent tv on 20:42 - Feb 21 by Antti_Heinola

Think you could equally argue Danvers (promiscuous) and Navarro (violent) were just female equivalents of any number of male cop partnerships in the past. I didn't mind that flipping of things, don't think it means the writer hates men. I think both Prior (a rookie - and in the police force, I imagine that's how the rookies get treated a lot of the time, whether their boss is male or female: she also had a lot of respect for his police work, too) and Navarro's boyf's character were strong characters, but that's just different viewpoints I guess!
Agree total mess, long before the end!

Yeh i get the flip of male and female roles in Danvers and Navarro. I thought Jodie Foster was miscast. Frances McDormand would have been better. Her portrayal in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri film as a woman with no fks left to give or even in Fargo where she's outwitting everyone in the film was a more believable female lead imo.
I loved the original TD and wanted this to work but by the end i was like nah,, not buying it.
Although I hardly watch tv these days so it was quite nice not to binge watch something, and wait a whole week for each episode, just like the olden days . :)

Half decent tv on 06:21 - Feb 22 with 2135 viewsLadbrokeR

Half decent tv on 18:08 - Feb 21 by MrSheen

Watching Series 2 of Kin. Brendan Kinsella is such a sweetheart.

Just started that. Eric meeting Bren who is released from prison on parole . Jimmy trying to pacify Amanda saying that he’ll support her. Michael coming in from the cold fully aware of the implications of his dads release. Frank and Amanda looking very worried. Birdie knowing what’s about to happen. All the while Bren as subtle as an air raid and more interested in reputation than business. I think it’s good
Half decent tv on 07:02 - Feb 22 with 2110 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 06:21 - Feb 22 by LadbrokeR

Just started that. Eric meeting Bren who is released from prison on parole . Jimmy trying to pacify Amanda saying that he’ll support her. Michael coming in from the cold fully aware of the implications of his dads release. Frank and Amanda looking very worried. Birdie knowing what’s about to happen. All the while Bren as subtle as an air raid and more interested in reputation than business. I think it’s good

It’s very good. I’m not usually a fan of British or Irish dramas but I make an exception for Kin. Bren’s one hell of a bad guy.
Half decent tv on 08:04 - Feb 22 with 2063 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 07:02 - Feb 22 by traininvain

It’s very good. I’m not usually a fan of British or Irish dramas but I make an exception for Kin. Bren’s one hell of a bad guy.

I was trying to think of a more villainous villain, and failed. Any suggestions?
Half decent tv on 08:14 - Feb 22 with 2056 viewsMrSheen

Mrs Sheen tried One Day after reading rave reviews. She has complained that while the male lead is charismatic and gorgeous, the woman has a face like a cod on a fishmonger’s slab, and she’s about as lively. Hasn’t stopped her watching it all though.
[Post edited 22 Feb 8:24]
Half decent tv on 09:02 - Feb 22 with 2023 viewsdaveB

There is a new series on ITVX next week called Under the Banner of Heaven with Andrew Garfield, is a true story about the Mormons and the murder of one of the wives. Think it was made by Disney so may well have been on Disney+ before but Is pretty good
Half decent tv on 09:34 - Feb 22 with 1975 viewsChrisNW6

Half decent tv on 08:14 - Feb 22 by MrSheen

Mrs Sheen tried One Day after reading rave reviews. She has complained that while the male lead is charismatic and gorgeous, the woman has a face like a cod on a fishmonger’s slab, and she’s about as lively. Hasn’t stopped her watching it all though.

I trust she will change her view by episode 14,

Please report back 😁
Half decent tv on 09:52 - Feb 22 with 1953 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 08:14 - Feb 22 by MrSheen

I've just started that, is alright but find the fella in it a bit of a tw at, the girl could do a lot better, I think thats all intended though and he'll turn out to be less of a tw at when he gets older

the wife watched it last week and was in floods of tears so I'm guessing it doesn't end well
Half decent tv on 16:37 - Feb 22 with 1843 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Perfect Pub Walks with Bill Bailey is him taking long walks with a friend. Episode 1 was with Alan Bailey in the Peak District. It's very similar to Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing in that the two boys open up about life, the scenery is lovely and teh chat is good, funny or both.

I liked the first episode anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 17:15 - Feb 22 with 1793 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 08:04 - Feb 22 by MrSheen

I was trying to think of a more villainous villain, and failed. Any suggestions?

Good question and probably deserving of a separate thread. I’d put him up there with Ramsay Bolton from Game of Thrones and Negan from the Walking Dead.
Half decent tv on 17:15 - Feb 22 with 1793 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Half decent tv on 21:22 - Feb 21 by PunteR

Yeh i get the flip of male and female roles in Danvers and Navarro. I thought Jodie Foster was miscast. Frances McDormand would have been better. Her portrayal in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri film as a woman with no fks left to give or even in Fargo where she's outwitting everyone in the film was a more believable female lead imo.
I loved the original TD and wanted this to work but by the end i was like nah,, not buying it.
Although I hardly watch tv these days so it was quite nice not to binge watch something, and wait a whole week for each episode, just like the olden days . :)

This was one of the most poorly written pieces of TV I've seen in my entire life. I stuck with it till the end as it was only a limited series, and I had some kind of twisted loyalty to the the previous seasons - Season One remains as one of the best shows ever made. But boy oh boy, by episode 6 it was clear that whoever penned this openly misandrist garbage was a hack of the highest order. Even the show's creator posted negatively regarding it on his Instagram (which he later had to delete of course) - and had to continually distance himself from it once he saw how bad it was.
But don't you dare have a negative opinion about it online, or your criticism will be treated like 'Hitlerian evil that must be stamped out' (an actual real life quote)
Half decent tv on 20:34 - Feb 22 with 1751 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 17:15 - Feb 22 by traininvain

Good question and probably deserving of a separate thread. I’d put him up there with Ramsay Bolton from Game of Thrones and Negan from the Walking Dead.

Actually GOT had a bucketful, Tywin Lannister and Joffrey, Bolton senior and Walder Frey as well. Popey from the film of Animal Kingdom though he was humanised for the TV series.

Whizzed my way to the end. Thrilling stuff. Shocked to learn that:
1) The Furry Bog was a real pub but it has since shut down
2) The actor who played Bren was not only in the Night’s Watch but in one of the very greatest half hours on British TV…The Orgazoid!
[Post edited 22 Feb 20:38]
Half decent tv on 07:45 - Feb 23 with 1651 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 20:34 - Feb 22 by MrSheen

Actually GOT had a bucketful, Tywin Lannister and Joffrey, Bolton senior and Walder Frey as well. Popey from the film of Animal Kingdom though he was humanised for the TV series.

Whizzed my way to the end. Thrilling stuff. Shocked to learn that:
1) The Furry Bog was a real pub but it has since shut down
2) The actor who played Bren was not only in the Night’s Watch but in one of the very greatest half hours on British TV…The Orgazoid!
[Post edited 22 Feb 20:38]

Only realised Bren’s the Orgazoid after seeing your post. Mind blown!
Half decent tv on 08:12 - Feb 23 with 1637 viewsHAYESBOY

Avatar The Last Airbender has started really well. Spent some money on it. Netflix.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 17:00 - Feb 23 with 1552 viewsdmm

This is excellent and will surprise many too

Bringing Football Home
Dougray Scott delves into Scotland's pivotal role in creating modern football. He examines how Scotland laid the groundwork for the modern style of football and uncovers the story of the early pioneers who created passing and running as a game-changing strategy that would see Scotland dominate football. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001wdny/dougray-scott-bringing-football-h
Half decent tv on 17:57 - Feb 29 with 1190 viewsRanger_Things

Shogun on Disney started well.
For folks that have Apple, Constellation, Criminal Record and Masters of the Air are worth a watch.
Half decent tv on 18:45 - Feb 29 with 1140 viewsPunteR

Just got into Kin.
Series 1 Episode 3 so far.

Very good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024