Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17 mill and transfer embargo 08:02 - Jul 27 with 21323 viewsstevec

Read it all in my super soaraway Sun but says QPR have agreed the £42 mill settlement and accept a transfer embargo starting Jan 2019.

What a mess

This post has been edited by an administrator
17 mill and transfer embargo on 13:31 - Jul 27 with 3685 viewsBrianMcCarthy

17 mill and transfer embargo on 13:27 - Jul 27 by GroveR

Bit like someone telling me I'm banned from shagging Margot Robbie.

It was a Judge that told me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

17 mill and transfer embargo on 13:37 - Jul 27 with 3645 viewsTGRRRSSS

Wel;l be interesting to see what happens to others who are behaving as they are, Aston Villa immediately spring to mind....

AS I said elsewhere neww investors or not surely they made huge loss last season (when it's announced).

AS for us well............ it was Nico - so Hurrah!
17 mill and transfer embargo on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 3531 viewsR_from_afar

17 mill and transfer embargo on 10:46 - Jul 27 by Snipper

So in reality, the best we can ever hope for now supporting our club, is being a mid to lower table Championship club.

FFP severally restricts what we can do, while clubs with bigger gates/revenue, get bigger, we stagnate.

If it wasn’t for the piss up with mates before and after the games, I’d jack it all in.

The football authorities never said *who* it was fair to

Well, our owners - plural - got us into this mess, aided and abetted by our managers, but at least they have stuck around and appear to be turning us into a well run and - gasp - sustainable club.

It's never dull, is it?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

17 mill and transfer embargo on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 3517 viewsisawqpratwcity

17 mill and transfer embargo on 11:38 - Jul 27 by stevec

This much fine 'on tick' for ten years is doable with little dramatic pain.

Forgive me if I don't feel the need to start spluttering and frothing over what is a very reasonable outcome.

(Nice vid, btw)
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 14:07]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

17 mill and transfer embargo on 14:11 - Jul 27 with 3506 viewsAntti_Heinola

17 mill and transfer embargo on 09:56 - Jul 27 by Maggsinho

It's not ideal but if you're going to have a transfer embargo then one window - and the January window when it's harder to do deals, sign the players you want etc - is probably the best option we could get.

agreed, we didn't sign anyone last Jan did we? And we did ok.

Bare bones.

17 mill and transfer embargo on 14:14 - Jul 27 with 3490 viewsAntti_Heinola

17 mill and transfer embargo on 11:35 - Jul 27 by WestbourneR

All I want to know is - if it's all sorted now and we know where we're at - can we sign some proper players? I want some shiny new signings. Surely, if the board are paying. we can afford to go over FFP in a much more minor fashion every now and then?

'More blood' as Northern would say.

And can someone please tell me how you can email Gary Penrice?

oh christ ,mate, you don't want a trial do you?

Bare bones.

17 mill and transfer embargo on 16:12 - Jul 27 with 3303 viewsloftboy

Didn’t take rent a mob long

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

17 mill and transfer embargo on 16:20 - Jul 27 with 3281 viewsMedwayR

17 mill and transfer embargo on 16:12 - Jul 27 by loftboy

Wow, that’s pathetically desperate!!!

Now that ffp has been concluded hopefully Warren Farm will be next, maybe followed by good news on a stadium one day...

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

17 mill and transfer embargo on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 3225 viewsmakaveli1882

Oh ffs someone take their dog out
17 mill and transfer embargo on 17:31 - Jul 27 with 3117 viewsR_from_afar

17 mill and transfer embargo on 16:38 - Jul 27 by makaveli1882

Oh ffs someone take their dog out

Things are turning decidedly surreal on Save Warren Farm's Twitter thread as they are trying to use barn owls as a sort of feathered sword of Damacles. Never fear, though, I've got that one well in hand. Thank you, Barn Owl Trust!

"To a Barn Owl, an ugly steel shed surrounded by concrete can be just as attractive as a lovely old stone barn surrounded by wildflowers. Although the majority of recorded nest sites are now in purpose-made nestboxes...."

RFA

PS: Only at QPR...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

17 mill and transfer embargo on 19:02 - Jul 27 with 2997 viewsfrancisbowles

17 mill and transfer embargo on 16:20 - Jul 27 by MedwayR

Wow, that’s pathetically desperate!!!

Now that ffp has been concluded hopefully Warren Farm will be next, maybe followed by good news on a stadium one day...

I haven't read anywhere that we admitted any such thing. A settlement doesn't involve an admission, it just resolves a dispute.
17 mill and transfer embargo on 19:56 - Jul 27 with 2910 viewsQPR_John

We were found guilty under the old rules even though the FL have admitted they were draconian. Now as I understand it, and I'm happy to be corrected, under those rules a team promoted is liable to a fine and a fine only when returning to the clutches of the FL. So were did the transfer embargo come from
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 19:57]
17 mill and transfer embargo on 20:15 - Jul 27 with 2880 viewsQPR_John

17 mill and transfer embargo on 10:01 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Current FFP regs are £39m loss over rolling three year periods. First two sets of accounts we lost £11m and £7m which is good, but with reduced parachute payment and no Sterling money the losses in the third set of accounts may well be more than that and put us close to the mark.

We cannot pay anything near what is being asked for players now and our wage bill must be relatively low so if we're are still near breaking FFP we might as well all go home this club will never again be successful. It seems FFP has ensured our income will never be enough to allow us to compete
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 20:51]
17 mill and transfer embargo on 20:48 - Jul 27 with 2826 viewsDorse

What a bunch of crayon-eating pisswizards.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

17 mill and transfer embargo on 08:37 - Jul 28 with 2597 viewskingsburyR

TalkSport reporting that we got hit with a £42 million fine!!!

Don't let the facts get in the way lads!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

17 mill and transfer embargo on 09:28 - Jul 28 with 2509 viewsterryb

17 mill and transfer embargo on 20:15 - Jul 27 by QPR_John

We cannot pay anything near what is being asked for players now and our wage bill must be relatively low so if we're are still near breaking FFP we might as well all go home this club will never again be successful. It seems FFP has ensured our income will never be enough to allow us to compete
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 20:51]

"Our wage bill must be relatively low".

Well, it will be compared to what we used to pay. However, I think you will find it is still one of the highest in The Championship.

We have thirty players that have been given squad numbers for this season & we are rumoured to be possibly signing a CD & a forward. Add on those all the remaining under 23 & youth team players, plus the management/coaching staff & the "head office" admin employees. I doubt that our income covers those wages, never mind out other costs.

Our main problem is that we only seem able to reduce our playing staff when they go out of contract. There has been an absolute lack of interest from other clubs in wishing to buy our players!

Other clubs have relative sucess in The Championship with only a fraction of our income - Brentford, Burnley, Preston, Huddersfield amongst them.
17 mill and transfer embargo on 10:41 - Jul 28 with 2414 viewsenfieldargh

Go over FFP again could mean points reduction, auto relegation and prolonged transfer embargo. FL wont appreciate us popping our faces around the headmasters door so soon

We need to see the likes of Eze, Chair, BOS plus a few of our senior players play their socks off, improve Qpr as a hive for great young talent

Dream scenario is promotion

some of the prices being paid for average players is mind boggling so if Eze plays a stormer this season we sell on for 20M +. Sad to say should he become what we hope then he will only be with us shorterm. I'm really hoping we can hang on to him before this window closes

Be interesting to see how Eze compares to the army of young scum loanees doing the championship rounds

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

17 mill and transfer embargo on 10:44 - Jul 28 with 2412 viewsQPR_John

17 mill and transfer embargo on 09:28 - Jul 28 by terryb

"Our wage bill must be relatively low".

Well, it will be compared to what we used to pay. However, I think you will find it is still one of the highest in The Championship.

We have thirty players that have been given squad numbers for this season & we are rumoured to be possibly signing a CD & a forward. Add on those all the remaining under 23 & youth team players, plus the management/coaching staff & the "head office" admin employees. I doubt that our income covers those wages, never mind out other costs.

Our main problem is that we only seem able to reduce our playing staff when they go out of contract. There has been an absolute lack of interest from other clubs in wishing to buy our players!

Other clubs have relative sucess in The Championship with only a fraction of our income - Brentford, Burnley, Preston, Huddersfield amongst them.

Interesting that you use the phrase "a fraction of our income"

I'll give you Brentford

Burnley when last in the Championship ( 15/16) had an average gate of 16708 compared to ours of 15993

Preston last season had an average gate of 13773 compared to ours of 13927

Huddersfield when last in the Championship (16/17) had an average gate of 20342 compared to ours of 14615

Add the fact that the above three are not paying London rates I would suggest their income is hardly a fraction of ours
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 10:46]
17 mill and transfer embargo on 11:26 - Jul 28 with 2372 viewsfrancisbowles

17 mill and transfer embargo on 10:41 - Jul 28 by enfieldargh

Go over FFP again could mean points reduction, auto relegation and prolonged transfer embargo. FL wont appreciate us popping our faces around the headmasters door so soon

We need to see the likes of Eze, Chair, BOS plus a few of our senior players play their socks off, improve Qpr as a hive for great young talent

Dream scenario is promotion

some of the prices being paid for average players is mind boggling so if Eze plays a stormer this season we sell on for 20M +. Sad to say should he become what we hope then he will only be with us shorterm. I'm really hoping we can hang on to him before this window closes

Be interesting to see how Eze compares to the army of young scum loanees doing the championship rounds

I have loved watching Eze so far but we mustn't expect a brilliant performance every week.

This is still a young, relatively inexperienced player who has been let go by two clubs. He is still learning his trade and opponents are still working out his strengths and weaknesses.

It seems some German opponents could do nothing but kick him. Will he cope with that, will he get protection from referees, will he get injured through the rough treatment?

I am really looking forward to finding out whether he can be a consistently exciting performer.
17 mill and transfer embargo on 11:44 - Jul 28 with 2336 viewsMedwayR

As pointed out we won't have income from parachute payments and will rely on selling players (Smithies, Bowler and probably Luongo and/or Freeman next summer) but equally we won't be spending like we have been even in recent belt-tightening times.

If I recall correctly we have spent money on Bidwell (£1.5m), Lynch (£750k), Smithies (£1m), Washington (£2.5m), Chery (£2m), Polter (£1m), Perch (£500k), Gladwin & Luongo (£4m), Wzsolek (?), Sylla (£2m), Borysiuk (£500k), Cousins (£1.5m), Goss (£500k), Freeman (£250k), Smith (£500k), Ngbakoto (£1.5m), Wheeler (£500k).

That's a lot of money spent, especially when you include agents fees, that we'll no longer be doing and I'd say that's a good thing because our best signings recently have been low cost (Smyth, Freeman, Smith, BOS, Eze, Hall). I think we'll be ok for FFP in future but some fans need to adjust their expectations because I don't think we'll be able to compete for players like Bidwell or Cousins in the short term.

Poll: Who’s better?

17 mill and transfer embargo on 17:28 - Jul 28 with 2213 viewsQPR_John

17 mill and transfer embargo on 11:44 - Jul 28 by MedwayR

As pointed out we won't have income from parachute payments and will rely on selling players (Smithies, Bowler and probably Luongo and/or Freeman next summer) but equally we won't be spending like we have been even in recent belt-tightening times.

If I recall correctly we have spent money on Bidwell (£1.5m), Lynch (£750k), Smithies (£1m), Washington (£2.5m), Chery (£2m), Polter (£1m), Perch (£500k), Gladwin & Luongo (£4m), Wzsolek (?), Sylla (£2m), Borysiuk (£500k), Cousins (£1.5m), Goss (£500k), Freeman (£250k), Smith (£500k), Ngbakoto (£1.5m), Wheeler (£500k).

That's a lot of money spent, especially when you include agents fees, that we'll no longer be doing and I'd say that's a good thing because our best signings recently have been low cost (Smyth, Freeman, Smith, BOS, Eze, Hall). I think we'll be ok for FFP in future but some fans need to adjust their expectations because I don't think we'll be able to compete for players like Bidwell or Cousins in the short term.

" I don't think we'll be able to compete for players like Bidwell or Cousins in the short term."

We won't be able to compete in the long term either under FFP. The only hope is to increase our income stream and that means a new stadium
17 mill and transfer embargo on 20:27 - Jul 28 with 2105 viewsterryb

17 mill and transfer embargo on 10:44 - Jul 28 by QPR_John

Interesting that you use the phrase "a fraction of our income"

I'll give you Brentford

Burnley when last in the Championship ( 15/16) had an average gate of 16708 compared to ours of 15993

Preston last season had an average gate of 13773 compared to ours of 13927

Huddersfield when last in the Championship (16/17) had an average gate of 20342 compared to ours of 14615

Add the fact that the above three are not paying London rates I would suggest their income is hardly a fraction of ours
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 10:46]

Your not taking into account the price of tickets. We are considerably dearer than those clubs.

Preston, Huddersfield & Brentford also didn't receive any parachute payments from the Premier League, or receive as much money from Sky for televised games.

It will be the loss of the parachute payments that will hit us hardest, but if our Sky appearances reduce like they did last season, this will also be a concern to the club.
17 mill and transfer embargo on 20:22 - Aug 15 with 1846 viewsHammersmithR

17 mill and transfer embargo on 09:16 - Jul 27 by HammersmithR

Now this has finally come to a conclusion it wouldn't surprise me that Fernandes steps down as Chariman to become Vice-Chariman and someone like Amit takes up the Chairman role. Amit is someone liked by all at Rangers. Now to get the training ground and stadium sorted!

So I was right all along!
17 mill and transfer embargo on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 1790 viewsHayesender

17 mill and transfer embargo on 20:22 - Aug 15 by HammersmithR

So I was right all along!

Fancy sharing this week's lottery numbers?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

17 mill and transfer embargo on 22:36 - Aug 15 with 1643 viewswombat

17 mill and transfer embargo on 10:55 - Jul 27 by Toast_R

I think the ABC loan was a whole different level of nuts in a vice syndrome to this 17M fine on a lenient 10 year arrangement. Wasn't the ABC loan payable at 1M a year just in interest alone and the whole loan secured against the Stadium?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 10:56]

Yes it was a second charge on the ground we defaulted they could have in theory took the ground in payment , Panama’ based companie with an office in Holland Park , wish I could remember the guys name supposedly behind it

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024