Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Hall 17:37 - Sep 3 with 13373 viewsdavman

Face it, he isn't on the comeback trail, is he? Surely if he were, he would have been given 90 minutes for the U23s today to prove he can last a game? This seems to be the longest, staggered comeback in the history of sport. A full pre-season and, what, 60 minutes since?

Not holding my breath on that one...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Grant Hall on 18:47 - Sep 3 with 6986 viewsPinnerPaul

He said after the cup game, he was hoping to be fit enough for 1st team squad, after the international break.

Just have to wait and see I guess
Grant Hall on 19:59 - Sep 3 with 6773 views2Thomas2Bowles

It's the long hall-way

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Grant Hall on 20:02 - Sep 3 with 6771 viewsTonto

Is there any evidence behind this thread or just speculation and anecdotal theories?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Grant Hall on 20:52 - Sep 3 with 6608 viewsdanehoop

Alternatively, given the horrendous injuries he has suffered from, they are for once being very cautious in bringing him back and slowly easing him up to full fitness without taking unnecessary risks.

If he takes another 3-4 weeks to be fully up to speed that is surely preferable to picking up any type of injury or niggle which puts back his rehab and fitness programme by 3 months?

Never knowingly understood

Grant Hall on 21:09 - Sep 3 with 6546 viewsHunterhoop

I have patella tendonitus. It’s a right pain in the backside. Had it since I was 21. If you rest up it lessens, but soon as you’re back active it flares up. For some people it never goes away. For others it does. But usually either changing your gait or increasing muscle strength in your leg helps. Doing the latter is tough with the injury mind!!

My theory on Hall is that he may be in th unlikely category and it never goes. My concern with Hall though is that he’s not willing to play through it. You can, with some painkillers, if you want to. It’s obviously not good for your knees long term, and doing so decreases your chances of going completely because you’re never resting them. But after so long out there is a decision he and the club need to make.

I don’t know the bloke, but I do worry, if patella tendonitus is all it is (which i’m sure the original reports said), that he’s just not really up for it and happy to collect his payslip. This is a bloke who is good mates with JET lest we forget and spent some of his time out injured partying with him in Dubai, if I remember correctly.

Be great if that’s not the case and he comes back fighting fit, but beginning to doubt it’ll ever happen. I’m sure there are some players who play through it and then there’s Owen Hargreaves who gave up over it.
Grant Hall on 21:19 - Sep 3 with 6498 viewsbosh67

I think the extent of the injury has never been fully disclosed. He always comes across in injuries as being very keen to get back. I think he will come back and if he can get through 4-5 games then he hopefully will be able to play on without injury. But I think this injury was far worse than we have been told.

On the plus side, Hall is just great so I am hoping after the break that he will be back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Grant Hall on 22:34 - Sep 3 with 6296 viewsLblock

I share the same fears.... but then I am a panicking drama queen.

Hall is a great player and can give teams like ours a great base to play from, plus he can slot into orthodox centre back or DCM quite easily. I was, much like the club i suspect, pinning my hopes on him returning fully fit this season.

You have to think he'll probably never fulfill the potential he could have and I'd estimate, at best, he'd be at 75%.
Would I play through the pain, risk being in more pain than I probably will be in my 60's? Yeah, i think i would!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Grant Hall on 23:01 - Sep 3 with 6222 viewsdaveB

Didn't he play for the first team last week in the cup?
Login to get fewer ads

Grant Hall on 23:13 - Sep 3 with 6187 viewskensalriser

Grant Hall on 23:01 - Sep 3 by daveB

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Grant Hall on 23:44 - Sep 3 with 6104 viewsHunterhoop

Yes, for an hour and then nowhere, which leads me to believe it might have caused it to flare up. The same thing happened last year. Reemerged. Got some game time (U23s and possibly League Cup, not sure on the latter though) then he disappeared again as it flared up. Hopefully that isn’t what’s happened this time. But to build “match fitness”, you’d think he’d need to be playing in the U23 matches!
Grant Hall on 00:30 - Sep 4 with 6046 viewstimcocking

Can't see Grant Hall ever recovering.
Grant Hall on 01:33 - Sep 4 with 6003 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Paul McGrath’s knees were so bad, he basically didn’t train for the last few years of his career. He’d play, then he’d be wrapped up in cotton wool and booze for a week. Then unwrapped, sobered, and play on a Saturday.

I wonder if this might work for GH? I dot know about the condition, reading the accounts of those who gave it above, it sounds horrendously debilitating. But aside of rest, would aqua-training i.e. swimming and conditioning in water work? I’m certainly on GH’s side of caution if painkillers being constantly applied is the only way forward.

Just such a bloody shame for the lad!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Grant Hall on 01:56 - Sep 4 with 6000 viewsJigsore

I suspect he's not. Of all the ex-Spurs lads, and we've picked up a fair few, we found a good 'un and he's been struck down cruelly.

If he does come back then he's going to be either a big help to either our defence or midfield. Olly was onto something there.

on the bright side it might fill that George Thorne-shaped hole in Steve's mind

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Grant Hall on 01:56 - Sep 4 with 6001 viewsPunteR

Grant Hall on 01:33 - Sep 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Paul McGrath’s knees were so bad, he basically didn’t train for the last few years of his career. He’d play, then he’d be wrapped up in cotton wool and booze for a week. Then unwrapped, sobered, and play on a Saturday.

I wonder if this might work for GH? I dot know about the condition, reading the accounts of those who gave it above, it sounds horrendously debilitating. But aside of rest, would aqua-training i.e. swimming and conditioning in water work? I’m certainly on GH’s side of caution if painkillers being constantly applied is the only way forward.

Didnt spurs defender Ledley King have similar issues ?

This doesnt look good for him. A long time out of football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall on 03:28 - Sep 4 with 5977 views18StoneOfHoop

Legendary Canadian snooker player Big Bill Werbeniuk had a similar to Paul McGrath unusual unique self-medicating dipsomaniac approach to optimum fitness I seem to remember:

FFS Don't mention the Caulker.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 14:45]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Grant Hall on 07:02 - Sep 4 with 5811 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The arrivals of Leinster, Cameron and possibly Bassong lead me to believe that QPR also lack confidence that he will be fully fit any time soon. I hope I'm wrong because there's talent there but I fear that Grant is our modern day Matthew Rose.
Grant Hall on 07:21 - Sep 4 with 5782 viewsHunterhoop

Be amazed if they haven’t been doing all of that rehabilitation work with him. It really does depend how severe it is, and also how willing the individual is to play through it. Ledley King is a great example. Hadn’t heard Paul McGrsth had it too, but that’s another.

The thing is I don’t think it is that rehabilitating, if you don’t want to be. Play with a bit of pain, rest up for most of the week in between. Go again. Long term impacts probably aren’t great. But it is his job. There’s also the issue of how they get him fit enough to do the above, but I can’t believe with all the time he has as a professional sportsman and all the staff and equipment the club have that it’s impossible.

I think Benny makes a good point. Look at how many centre halves we’ve signed permanently or on trial the last 18 months. Makes you think the club have doubts that they can get him playing and manage it like Ledley King. Perhaps too cynical from me, but I think this may be a reflection of Hall’s character than the injury. Hopefully that’s hogwash and he returns, but it’s been so long now, it’s difficult not to question him.
Grant Hall on 08:33 - Sep 4 with 5646 viewsHayesender

My boy had a kick-a-bout with him a couple of years ago on the plastic pitches on South Africa rd.

Really nice lad, and had loads of time for the kids there that day.

Fingers crossed he gets over this, but it doesn't look good does it!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Grant Hall on 08:55 - Sep 4 with 5583 viewsGroveR

Grant Hall on 07:02 - Sep 4 by Benny_the_Ball

The arrivals of Leinster, Cameron and possibly Bassong lead me to believe that QPR also lack confidence that he will be fully fit any time soon. I hope I'm wrong because there's talent there but I fear that Grant is our modern day Matthew Rose.

If he pops back up at contract renegotiation time from nowhere with a worldy goal before signing up and heading back to the treatment room I make you right.
Grant Hall on 09:07 - Sep 4 with 5554 viewssmegma

In 2018 he has appeared in 3 games. He played for an hour in an under 23 game at Colchester in January. Then recently he has played for an hour again in a recent under 23 game against Forest at Harlington and the aforementioned League Cup against Bristol Rovers. I think it's been a grand total of 5 appearances in the past 13 months so fans worries are well founded.
Grant Hall on 09:09 - Sep 4 with 5543 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He played last week, as planned, and played for an hour, also as planned.

It's a serious injury but I don't see the need for wholesale panic right at the time that his recovery seems to be on track.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grant Hall on 12:50 - Sep 4 with 5321 viewsisawqpratwcity

Grant Hall on 09:09 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

He played last week, as planned, and played for an hour, also as planned.

It's a serious injury but I don't see the need for wholesale panic right at the time that his recovery seems to be on track.

You're more optimistic than me, Brian, but you probably knew that already.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Grant Hall on 13:15 - Sep 4 with 5257 viewsdaveB

Grant Hall on 09:07 - Sep 4 by smegma

In 2018 he has appeared in 3 games. He played for an hour in an under 23 game at Colchester in January. Then recently he has played for an hour again in a recent under 23 game against Forest at Harlington and the aforementioned League Cup against Bristol Rovers. I think it's been a grand total of 5 appearances in the past 13 months so fans worries are well founded.

He's had a bad spell out injured but from what McClaren was saying after game last week he is still a long way from the first team so possibly 2 games in a week is too much for him at this stage of his comeback
Grant Hall on 13:21 - Sep 4 with 5240 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 12:50 - Sep 4 by isawqpratwcity

You're more optimistic than me, Brian, but you probably knew that already.

I find I'm more optimistic about many things than many people on here at the moment, but that's the mood swings of any bunch of fans. We could swap places in a short space of time.

I'm optimistic about our financial running, about our underage teams, about our scouting, recruitment and the introduction of youth.

The two disappointments so far this season have been the loaning out of Manning and the 1-7 and 0-3.

All in all, I'm happy enough, and I still find myself happy enough with McClaren. Last time he was here he did great work, now he has Penrice and Ferdinand helping him and no sign of Redknapp, so there's no reason to think that he won't do a good job now that the squad has a bit more experience and leadership, or that he won't at least be better than many bosses at this level.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grant Hall on 14:14 - Sep 4 with 5129 viewsDannyPaddox

Grant Hall on 01:56 - Sep 4 by PunteR

Didnt spurs defender Ledley King have similar issues ?

This doesnt look good for him. A long time out of football.

I had ACL surgery for the second time on the same knee a few months ago. On the NHS (and more power to them). Possibly the surgeon was trying to instil confidence in me when he said he was once part of a team that worked on Ledley King's knee. Outwardly I nodded impressed but inwardly I thought: "Who the fcuk hasn't worked on Ledley King's knee? I bet half the navvies digging up the roads have had a go on it at some stage or another" Hope Hall can get his fitness back. He's a classy player. Would be a massive boon for our season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024