Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Clarke 14:51 - Jan 13 with 17437 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well respected Spuds source on Twitter saying we have beaten off opposition to get him on loan for the rest of the season.

Does beg two questions though.

1. He couldn't get enough game time at Leeds
2. A winger?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 14:56]
Jack Clarke on 13:07 - Jan 16 with 2825 viewsNorthernr

And there's the difference between stories from actual journalists who are well connected and do the hard yards and the leg work, and clickbait designed to suck in mouth breathers from Twitter. There is a difference, and it's disappointing to see them lumped in as the same thing by some on this thread.
Jack Clarke on 13:17 - Jan 16 with 2720 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 13:07 - Jan 16 by Northernr

And there's the difference between stories from actual journalists who are well connected and do the hard yards and the leg work, and clickbait designed to suck in mouth breathers from Twitter. There is a difference, and it's disappointing to see them lumped in as the same thing by some on this thread.

As in football so with everything else. There comes a point when you eventually realise people actually prefer having the leeway of repeating everything they read that might suit them while also dismissing the media (all media) entirely as a conspiracy racket they're so wise to.
Jack Clarke on 13:19 - Jan 16 with 2715 viewspaulparker

Saw him give villa the run around last Christmas reminded me of Chris waddle
Clarke, BOS, Eze, and hugill is a good front four to have

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jack Clarke on 13:29 - Jan 16 with 2619 viewsNed_Kennedys

Jack Clarke on 12:55 - Jan 16 by bosh67

Winning goal in his first game against Leeds then. 90+ 3 minutes.... Own goal knowing our luck!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/jack-clarke-completes-qpr-loan-move/
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 12:57]

I can see from the last picture that his mobile game is strong. Very promising.
Jack Clarke on 13:58 - Jan 16 with 2472 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 13:36 - Jan 14 by YorkRanger

I agree with this.

It always surprises me how many of our supporters (particularly on Twitter), think that signings being made are just a random transaction without any plan or strategy. Given how tough we know the financial position is and the sensible dealings to date of MW, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that he knows exactly what he is doing.

There is some nonsense on Twitter (usually from anonymous individuals) that MW should now go because we are getting Clarke and not a keeper or a Centre Half - truly astonishing. Others suggest he doesn't know our defence has problems - really?, if us relatively inexperienced football fans can see that I'm pretty sure someone more expert like MW (and his staff) will be only too aware of the challenges.

Maybe we are getting Clarke for free, because Warburton has a good reputation with younger players. Maybe it is a makeweight as part of a deal for Eze, Amos, both or neither.

Who knows?

All I do know is that from what I saw of Clarke at Leeds he looks like a very promising player with a lot of ability and he will be coming into an area of the team where currently we are fairly well covered. Hopefully things will all become clearer over the coming days/weeks/months....

“Right now we have Ilias Chair, Bright Osayi-Samuel and Ebere Eze doing exceptionally well for us but with injuries, suspensions, form, you need to have options."
Jack Clarke on 14:13 - Jan 16 with 2389 viewssmegma

It will be hilarious if he scores the winner on Saturday.
Jack Clarke on 14:13 - Jan 16 with 2387 viewsYorkRanger

Jack Clarke on 13:58 - Jan 16 by rsonist

“Right now we have Ilias Chair, Bright Osayi-Samuel and Ebere Eze doing exceptionally well for us but with injuries, suspensions, form, you need to have options."

Yes, all sounds sensible enough
Jack Clarke on 14:16 - Jan 16 with 2370 viewsdavman

Jack Clarke on 13:58 - Jan 16 by rsonist

Not Marc Pugh then?

Still think that this is an unnecessary "luxury" signing unless it is with a view to him and Amos joining us as part of a deal for Eze in the summer. Otherwise, what is the point in temporarily borrowing a youngster to replace Shodipo for example?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Clarke on 14:16 - Jan 16 with 2370 viewsDorse

Jack Clarke on 14:13 - Jan 16 by smegma

It will be hilarious if he scores the winner on Saturday.

Not if he scores it for them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jack Clarke on 14:18 - Jan 16 with 2349 viewsfrancisbowles

Jack Clarke on 14:13 - Jan 16 by YorkRanger

Yes, all sounds sensible enough

Mlaker still around? If he is, I would expect him to be returned by the end of the month as long as we still have all the other attacking players.
Jack Clarke on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 2329 viewsNed_Kennedys

Jack Clarke on 14:16 - Jan 16 by davman

Not Marc Pugh then?

Still think that this is an unnecessary "luxury" signing unless it is with a view to him and Amos joining us as part of a deal for Eze in the summer. Otherwise, what is the point in temporarily borrowing a youngster to replace Shodipo for example?

Swapping Eze for Amos and Clarke and perhaps a bit of cash will not help us with FFP though.
Jack Clarke on 14:25 - Jan 16 with 2295 viewsPlanetHonneywood

One must assume there’s more to this than adding another wide boy attacker when we can’t defend for toffee.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jack Clarke on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 2074 viewsrsonist

Have we ever had a younger looking player? Would genuinely mistake him for a 13 year old.
Jack Clarke on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 2069 viewsloftus77

Welcome Jack - looks a really exciting young prospect who, hopefully, will fit neatly into Warbs's style of play.

But I'm really trying to fight the cynic in me who insists that this is just a way of softening the fans up in advance of an Eze departure the other way (or to West Ham) later this month. I must be wrong?
Jack Clarke on 16:15 - Jan 16 with 2023 viewsJacksDad

Jack Clarke on 16:08 - Jan 16 by loftus77

Welcome Jack - looks a really exciting young prospect who, hopefully, will fit neatly into Warbs's style of play.

But I'm really trying to fight the cynic in me who insists that this is just a way of softening the fans up in advance of an Eze departure the other way (or to West Ham) later this month. I must be wrong?

My inner QPR is saying ..... Chair infield replacing Eze ...Clarke Wells/Hugill BOS =

Eze offski

But I am hoping for a loan back
Jack Clarke on 17:01 - Jan 16 with 1880 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Jack Clarke on 14:21 - Jan 16 by Ned_Kennedys

Swapping Eze for Amos and Clarke and perhaps a bit of cash will not help us with FFP though.

I can't see them selling Eze unless it improves/softens our FFP situation.
Jack Clarke on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 1852 viewsPinnerPaul

Jack Clarke on 11:25 - Jan 16 by eghamranger

What do you mean ‘nonsense’... people on here said it was in the paper and it was mentioned on Twitter.

Im hoping he plays on Saturday against Leeds... I’ve got money on him being first goalscorer!!!

Soooooooo all paper stories and those on twitter are true?

Good grief!

I'm glad he's here - doesn't stop a very high % of these type of stories being nonsense.

Pocciition touted as new Barcelona boss in the sub standard less than 24 hours before another guy appointed, just one example of many many many stories that prove to be nonsense.

Twitter was convinced a few weeks ago Eze was off to Tottenham in exchange for Amos and Walker Peters plus cash - gone a bit quite on that front hasn't it?
Jack Clarke on 18:59 - Jan 16 with 1666 viewsGroveR

Jack Clarke on 14:21 - Jan 16 by Ned_Kennedys

No sir, indeed it would be a deal that would smell worse than a skip full of dead tramps, catshìt and cod roe sitting in the August sun for a month.
Jack Clarke on 19:08 - Jan 16 with 1630 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jack Clarke on 17:09 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Soooooooo all paper stories and those on twitter are true?

Good grief!

I'm glad he's here - doesn't stop a very high % of these type of stories being nonsense.

Pocciition touted as new Barcelona boss in the sub standard less than 24 hours before another guy appointed, just one example of many many many stories that prove to be nonsense.

Twitter was convinced a few weeks ago Eze was off to Tottenham in exchange for Amos and Walker Peters plus cash - gone a bit quite on that front hasn't it?

Depends a lot on which paper. Whatever you may think of the Guardian I've never known them print bollocks in the back pages. West London Sport are pretty much 100% reliable for QPR stories.

As for Twitter: I don't do it, but depends on your source again. The OP was clear it was a "very well-connected Spuds source" and if you know enough to know who that was and their connections you can make a guess.
Jack Clarke on 19:59 - Jan 16 with 1504 views2Thomas2Bowles

He looks 15 and not even any bum fluff on those pink cheeks

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Jack Clarke on 20:28 - Jan 16 with 1420 viewsMatch82

Jack Clarke on 16:08 - Jan 16 by rsonist

Have we ever had a younger looking player? Would genuinely mistake him for a 13 year old.

Scott Donnelly
Jack Clarke on 20:36 - Jan 16 with 1390 viewsJuzzie

Jack Clarke on 13:19 - Jan 16 by paulparker

Saw him give villa the run around last Christmas reminded me of Chris waddle
Clarke, BOS, Eze, and hugill is a good front four to have

4-2-4 or 3-3-4?

Each game ends in a 4-3 win to us!!
Jack Clarke on 22:27 - Jan 16 with 1212 viewsbosh67

Jack Clarke on 19:59 - Jan 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He looks 15 and not even any bum fluff on those pink cheeks

He doesn't even look that old. Is he allowed to play after it's gone dark or does he need a guardian out on the pitch with him at that point? If so, can it be Messi?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jack Clarke on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 1014 viewsoakskull

We have to get our defense sorted out. We lack speed, positioning and a half decent keeper. That’s why this signing scares me, might be a signal that Eze is on his way out. Hopefully, though, it’s about reducing the stress on the squad.
Jack Clarke on 10:02 - Jan 17 with 960 viewsLongsufferingR

Jack Clarke on 09:32 - Jan 17 by oakskull

We have to get our defense sorted out. We lack speed, positioning and a half decent keeper. That’s why this signing scares me, might be a signal that Eze is on his way out. Hopefully, though, it’s about reducing the stress on the squad.

Hooray! Now you've managed to get the keeper situation onto a thread about our new attacking signing. Next you'll be adding a photo of Lumley dropping the ball onto the Iconic QPR pictures thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024