Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoffs 20:36 - Mar 7 with 9250 viewsBobbi66

Form team can we make it
Playoffs on 11:54 - Mar 8 with 2347 viewsfrancisbowles

Playoffs on 07:11 - Mar 8 by wombleR

Have been checking our best run-ins since I've been a supporter. It may bring back a few memories for oldies like me.

1968 6W 1D 2L = 19pts
1971 6W 2D 2L = 20pts
1972 6W 3D 0L = 21pts
1973 7W 1D 1L = 22pts
1976 8W 0D 1L = 24pts
1984 6W 2D 1L = 20pts
1989 6W 1D 2L = 19pts
1997 6W 1D 2L = 19pts
2003 7W 1D 1L = 22pts

Subject to other teams peformances, I think a run of similar results would get us over the line and into the play-offs. They are capable of it when playing like yesterday. Let's hope.

Usually, you need 73 points to make the play offs. This means we need 7 wins and 2 draws from our last 9 fixtures of which 5 are away.

It has been done with 68 leaving us needing 6 wins. However, Preston would only need 4 wins to match this and if Blackburn win today they will be on the same points as Preston with a better goal difference.
Playoffs on 12:59 - Mar 8 with 2274 viewswelwynranger

The 4 teams in the play off places at the moment have only won 6 out of 24 games between them.
Only saying is all
Playoffs on 15:55 - Mar 8 with 2170 views2Thomas2Bowles

Playoffs on 11:54 - Mar 8 by francisbowles

Usually, you need 73 points to make the play offs. This means we need 7 wins and 2 draws from our last 9 fixtures of which 5 are away.

It has been done with 68 leaving us needing 6 wins. However, Preston would only need 4 wins to match this and if Blackburn win today they will be on the same points as Preston with a better goal difference.

Blackburn losing 2-0 HT we are down to 13th as Derby goes above us.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 15:57]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Playoffs on 16:17 - Mar 8 with 2161 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Palace got promoted under Pulis (?) when they were bottom at Christmas didn’t they?
Playoffs on 16:26 - Mar 8 with 2141 viewsWadR

Playoffs on 16:17 - Mar 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Palace got promoted under Pulis (?) when they were bottom at Christmas didn’t they?

Dowie, if i'm remembering correctly. Think they may have only been in the bottom 3 too.

Win 7 of our last 9 and we can make it imo. Only have Millwall to play of the teams in the chasing pack for that last play-off spot, which is a bit of a shame in terms of making up ground on our rivals but, on the other hand, our run in looks pretty kind aside from Fulham at home and WBA away.

Dream is final day, with WBA already up and on the beach, we get redemption for the Schteeve 7-1 and squeeze into 6th.
Playoffs on 16:51 - Mar 8 with 2063 viewscyprusmel

Didn't Ollie do something magical for Blackpool leading to promotion.
Playoffs on 16:51 - Mar 8 with 2064 viewsHastings_Hoops

Playoffs on 15:55 - Mar 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Blackburn losing 2-0 HT we are down to 13th as Derby goes above us.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 15:57]

It’s good if Blackburn lose... as long as the teams above us keep beating each other we can take advantage.
Playoffs on 17:09 - Mar 8 with 2023 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Login to get fewer ads

Playoffs on 17:39 - Mar 8 with 1949 viewsGroveR

Playoffs on 17:09 - Mar 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

That table doesn't take into account Brentford are the best team anyone has ever played this season.
Playoffs on 17:59 - Mar 8 with 1914 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Playoffs on 17:09 - Mar 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

That's a very surprising stat.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Playoffs on 18:01 - Mar 8 with 1909 viewsHastings_Hoops

Playoffs on 17:59 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

That's a very surprising stat.

What?... Leeds not bottling it at this late stage of the season?
Playoffs on 18:27 - Mar 8 with 1851 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Playoffs on 18:01 - Mar 8 by Hastings_Hoops

What?... Leeds not bottling it at this late stage of the season?

Well, true!

But also that 12 points in 6 is good enough for second in the form table.

Still, love it!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Playoffs on 19:15 - Mar 8 with 1801 viewskensalriser

Lovely stuff. If we can equal the ratio of 12 points from 6 games for the remaining 9 games, which would be good going, we'll probably still fall short on 68 points. There are just too many teams above us with less to do. I think we'll finish 11th or 12th now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Playoffs on 19:35 - Mar 8 with 1755 viewsFredManRave

Playoffs on 23:05 - Mar 7 by wombat

It’s doable with the matches coming up , take each game as it comes and see what happens .

I fancy beating Brentford at there last game at Griffin park to a late Ollie Watkins own goal
Then beating Fulham in the final myself

If you could do that then I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Playoffs on 20:04 - Mar 8 with 1698 viewsHastings_Hoops

Playoffs on 23:05 - Mar 7 by wombat

It’s doable with the matches coming up , take each game as it comes and see what happens .

I fancy beating Brentford at there last game at Griffin park to a late Ollie Watkins own goal
Then beating Fulham in the final myself

If we make it to 6th, we’ll be playing foolham in the first leg and hopefully not Brentford in the final... wouldn’t want Brentford to have the experience of their lives at a big stadium... they’ll have to make do with their 17,500 seater freak of construction / monstrosity.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 20:05]
Playoffs on 20:05 - Mar 8 with 1693 viewsTacticalR

Playoffs on 18:27 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, true!

But also that 12 points in 6 is good enough for second in the form table.

Still, love it!

In an inconsistent league a bit of consistency takes you a long way.

Air hostess clique

Playoffs on 20:12 - Mar 8 with 1676 viewsw7r

Bet365 doing QPR to finish in top 6 at 50/1, got to have a tenner at those odds.
Playoffs on 20:32 - Mar 8 with 1624 viewsCamberleyR

Playoffs on 16:26 - Mar 8 by WadR

Dowie, if i'm remembering correctly. Think they may have only been in the bottom 3 too.

Win 7 of our last 9 and we can make it imo. Only have Millwall to play of the teams in the chasing pack for that last play-off spot, which is a bit of a shame in terms of making up ground on our rivals but, on the other hand, our run in looks pretty kind aside from Fulham at home and WBA away.

Dream is final day, with WBA already up and on the beach, we get redemption for the Schteeve 7-1 and squeeze into 6th.

They were sixth from bottom at Xmas and had spent pretty much the whole season in the bottom six prior to Dowie pitching up just before Xmas. After 37 games they were 11th and five points from the play offs fairly similar to us now.
https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-1/20-march-2004/

Of their last nine games that season they won six and drew one.

Admittedly it'll take a similar run to that and quite a few other results to go in our favour for us to achieve the same but it proves that it isn't out of the question.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 21:00]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Playoffs on 20:51 - Mar 8 with 1580 viewsWestonsuperR

Playoffs on 11:47 - Mar 8 by Spen

Taking a look back at recent final tables the team finishing 6th needs to have around 75 points. I know there's not a huge gap at the moment but we'd need at least another 20-25 points on what we've gained so far in 37 games from the final 9. It's not impossible but I think it's very unlikely.
If we're only 3-4 points away after Fulham then I'd start to get a little bit more excited!

Agree with this, having had a look at the maths and basic projections, considering we have so many teams above us the likelihood is at least one of them will go on a good run. If I had to predict I’d suggest around 22pts needed (7 wins and a draw from 9). Almost impossible.
Playoffs on 21:33 - Mar 8 with 1492 viewsactonman

I think some of you have been on the sherry ! We will likely lose the next 2 and be worried if 50 points will be enough to stay up
Playoffs on 22:06 - Mar 8 with 1436 viewsPinnerPaul

Playoffs on 10:38 - Mar 8 by wood_hoop

Bet365 are offering 50/1 for top 6 which is a bit more realistic..

100/1 for us to be to be promoted.

There is a reason for long odds !!!

Might put the price of a pint on it more in hope than expectation

Leeds 1/66 to be promoted, lets hope that one goes tits up again.

We were 7/1 for the play offs in August despite being about 4th/5th favourites to go down - hence 25/1 seems big to me.
Playoffs on 22:16 - Mar 8 with 1419 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Playoffs on 16:26 - Mar 8 by WadR

Yes it was Dowie. That's where the term "bouncebackability" was coined
Playoffs on 22:22 - Mar 8 with 1394 viewsPinnerPaul

Playoffs on 11:54 - Mar 8 by francisbowles

I don't think you'll find many Preston fans thinking they 'only' need 4 wins after losing last 4 games and scoring 1 goal (a pen) !
Playoffs on 23:48 - Mar 8 with 1333 viewstimcocking

No, but it's a shame we should have done. A bad moment for a goalkeeping crisis unfortunately.
Playoffs on 09:47 - Mar 9 with 1163 viewsTheChef

Playoffs on 08:33 - Mar 8 by Paddyhoops

Can,t see it myself . Superb going forward . Getting better at the back, with barbet making a huge difference.
Great thing about this group is they keep ripping monkeys off backs. Forest last year . A double over Preston this.
I've enjoyed this season so much. Great football, a welsh drubbing (11.2) but as to your main question . I think we've left it too late to mount a challenge.
One last point, warburton has been a great appointment.
Under him we never look like going down as opposed to McClaren and Ollie where those long losing runs put us under so much pressure!!

Yeah likewise, much as Preston was a great win and with ten men we did have a bit of the rub of the green and I think we'd need that in every game to the end of the season to somehow make the play offs.

Let's just enjoy the ride and see where we finish up.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024