Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 44702 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 12:48 - May 21 with 1545 viewsWatford_Ranger

Season over for EFL on 12:01 - May 21 by daveB

Deeney's concerns are understandable as his kid has breathing difficulties so he should be allowed to give it a miss, there will be others like him as well, no one should be forced to play.

Difficult position though when the hopes of your team mates and however many employees of the club rest on you playing. I totally understand Deeney’s view and would do the same in his position but it’s a horrible dilemma.

Should players who opt not to play get paid? I don’t honestly know but it’s an interesting question.
Season over for EFL on 13:52 - May 21 with 1435 viewsloftboy

Season over for EFL on 12:48 - May 21 by Watford_Ranger

Difficult position though when the hopes of your team mates and however many employees of the club rest on you playing. I totally understand Deeney’s view and would do the same in his position but it’s a horrible dilemma.

Should players who opt not to play get paid? I don’t honestly know but it’s an interesting question.

Nothing comes before the health of your children, at the end of the day it’s game of flipping football.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Season over for EFL on 13:54 - May 21 with 1426 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 14:05 - May 21 with 1383 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Season over for EFL on 13:54 - May 21 by Northernr

Its going to be chaos.

3 points between 2nd and 8th!

Exciting prospects for Away goers though. Never been to Fleetwood.
Season over for EFL on 14:07 - May 21 with 1374 viewsWatford_Ranger

Season over for EFL on 13:54 - May 21 by Northernr

So Wycombe going up?

Edit- playoffs even.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 14:14]
Season over for EFL on 14:09 - May 21 with 1372 viewsNorthernr

I just read that means Coventry and Rotherham up with Wycombe v Fleetwood and Oxford v Pompey play offs. Peterborough owner going to be quite vocal on this one would think!
Season over for EFL on 14:12 - May 21 with 1360 viewsDieByYourSide

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/championship-restart

Independent suggesting Championship could be back before PL with even relegation-threatened clubs keen to play (Hull aside) to give themselves a chance of staying up on sporting merit...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Season over for EFL on 14:14 - May 21 with 1351 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth v Barton.

C'mon Gazz.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 14:26 - May 21 with 1315 viewsterryb

Has it been stated if the play offs would be two legs or a one off game?

I would have thought a one off match would be a lot better arrangement for thiss season. Especially as they will almost certainly be BCD.
Season over for EFL on 14:34 - May 21 with 1291 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 14:12 - May 21 by DieByYourSide

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/championship-restart

Independent suggesting Championship could be back before PL with even relegation-threatened clubs keen to play (Hull aside) to give themselves a chance of staying up on sporting merit...

It's interesting isn't it, now they've come out and said the two options are play BCD, or we'll settle it on PPG, and each option only needs 51% to pass. You'll surely now see clubs just voting in their own interest whether they think it's the right thing to do or not. If you're Hull or Middlesbrough, why on earth would you not vote for the PPG option? The whole bottom half of the league will vote for that won't they apart from the bottom three?
Season over for EFL on 14:36 - May 21 with 1277 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Season over for EFL on 14:34 - May 21 by Northernr

It's interesting isn't it, now they've come out and said the two options are play BCD, or we'll settle it on PPG, and each option only needs 51% to pass. You'll surely now see clubs just voting in their own interest whether they think it's the right thing to do or not. If you're Hull or Middlesbrough, why on earth would you not vote for the PPG option? The whole bottom half of the league will vote for that won't they apart from the bottom three?

Which way do you think QPR will vote?

They would want a crack at the play offs BCD no matter how minuscule the chances surely? The only con against is the cost of staging games and renewing player contacts for the extra couple of months.

Exciting!
Season over for EFL on 14:37 - May 21 with 1276 viewsCorbyQPR

Not sure I fully get the Deeny comment - is he completely shielding i.e. not going shopping, out at all? Same for others in his household? If not then the football pitch will be the safest place in the county to be with all the testing they are doing. Won't it?
Season over for EFL on 14:40 - May 21 with 1260 viewsRangersDave

Its too messy, way to messy and potentially damaging to the game, if xxx club doesnt like it, they sue, and that could be the top and bottom of both leagues.

PPG, is a crap way of doing it too.

In fact my message for trying to cure this season, other than calling it off now and preparing for late August is thus........

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 14:45 - May 21 with 1240 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 14:36 - May 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Which way do you think QPR will vote?

They would want a crack at the play offs BCD no matter how minuscule the chances surely? The only con against is the cost of staging games and renewing player contacts for the extra couple of months.

Exciting!

While there's still a chance of squeeking into the Premier League TV money you've got to vote to play haven't you? But then appearance fees, goal and win bonuses etc...
Season over for EFL on 14:48 - May 21 with 1230 viewsNorthernr

One would think those definitely voting to pack in now and go PPG are
Leeds, West Brom, Hull, Wigan, Boro, Huddersfield, Stoke, Birmingham, Sheff Wed and Reading, Preston.

Fulham, Brentford and Forest maybe as well - are they happy with their play off spot or do they think they can overhaul the gap at the top (six points to Fulham, ten to the other two?) Let's say Fulham want to continue and Brentford and Forest don't that's 13 voting to stop now and go PPG which is all they need.
Season over for EFL on 14:49 - May 21 with 1222 viewsdaveB

problem is if you sack off this season to save yourself what changes in August to let you start a new one? The training and playing issues will be exactly the same.

You would think all of the top half will want to play on so just takes 2 teams in the bottom half to agree and we carry on playing.
Season over for EFL on 14:50 - May 21 with 1217 viewsterryb

Season over for EFL on 14:34 - May 21 by Northernr

The PPG option might make the vote very close, but have the Premier agreed to promotion if the season isn't completed? I can't see how the EFL cam implement (or promise) that on their own.

Looking at the league table it may come down to whether Forest, Fulham & Brentford think they can catch the top three or whether Wednesday, Brum or Reading think they still have a chance of the play offs. Or even that Wigan stay true to their principles that PPG wouldn't be fair to Charlton!

I wouldn't be that surprised if the vote was 50/50.

I also think it is interesting that they state there will be promotion & relegation from all divisions but last week we read that Stevenage won't be relegated. Is that still the case, or are they expecting different treatment form the Premier than they will extend to The National League?
[Post edited 21 May 2020 14:56]
Season over for EFL on 14:57 - May 21 with 1200 viewsLblock

All this talk of "clubs suing" interests me.

If the EFL etc are so shoite scared of member clubs suing then why have they been so emboldened before when taking action such as basically kicking Lootown out of the league, killing Bury and, dare I say, saying they were willing to go all the way against clubs such as the mighty Queens Park Rangers Football & Athletic Club on the small matter of FFP?

What grounds do clubs (or even players) start suing against these unprecedented times, they'd get nowhere if emergency competition clauses are rolled out and the majority come out in favour surely? It must be in the constitution of the League / Competitions that such actions are allowed?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Season over for EFL on 14:58 - May 21 with 1191 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season over for EFL on 14:57 - May 21 by Lblock

If the EFL etc are so shoite scared of member clubs suing then why have they been so emboldened before when taking action such as basically kicking Lootown out of the league, killing Bury and, dare I say, saying they were willing to go all the way against clubs such as the mighty Queens Park Rangers Football & Athletic Club on the small matter of FFP?

What grounds do clubs (or even players) start suing against these unprecedented times, they'd get nowhere if emergency competition clauses are rolled out and the majority come out in favour surely? It must be in the constitution of the League / Competitions that such actions are allowed?

Fair point.

Season over for EFL on 15:19 - May 21 with 1149 viewsRangersDave

Season over for EFL on 14:57 - May 21 by Lblock

yup , very fair point.

But, to play devils advocate for the minute, what if the league was nullified today?
no-one up or down.

How will the champions of europe react? i doubt they would just say, 'oh ok, no worries', how would lower league clubs react if told 'no promotion despite your work all season so far'?

Its very strange times indeed, and i dont personally think we have heard the last of it all.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 15:24 - May 21 with 1140 viewsslmrstid

Dont forget re Stevenage getting a reprieve, is that there's a spare spot in the EFL following Bury's expulsion earlier this year.

So League 2 can not relegate anyone, and still promote one team from the National League (eg Barrow) to fill the gap.

Barrow making lots of noise that they deserve to go up, but that being said their lead isnt that big, and there was still quite a lot of games to play, it certainly wasn't cut and dried like they make out it was.
Season over for EFL on 15:30 - May 21 with 1124 viewsNorthernr

RFL meanwhile announcing a return to action first weekend in August, limited crowds back in grounds from first weekend in October.
Season over for EFL on 15:44 - May 21 with 1078 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season over for EFL on 15:30 - May 21 by Northernr

RFL meanwhile announcing a return to action first weekend in August, limited crowds back in grounds from first weekend in October.

I think that the 'limited crowds' idea is the headscratchiest.

It was mooted/floated over here by a GAA official. 'Only' 20,000 in Croke Park sounds great, but what about the queues for toliets, for food, turnstiles on the way in, stairs on the way out...

Thankfully, it got pooh-poohed, Blackadder.

Season over for EFL on 15:46 - May 21 with 1074 viewsterryb

Season over for EFL on 15:24 - May 21 by slmrstid

Dont forget re Stevenage getting a reprieve, is that there's a spare spot in the EFL following Bury's expulsion earlier this year.

So League 2 can not relegate anyone, and still promote one team from the National League (eg Barrow) to fill the gap.

Barrow making lots of noise that they deserve to go up, but that being said their lead isnt that big, and there was still quite a lot of games to play, it certainly wasn't cut and dried like they make out it was.

But Stevenage could be relegated & the NL play off winners promoted.

That would be in keeping with the EFL's promotion, relegation, play off philosophy.
Season over for EFL on 15:52 - May 21 with 1052 viewsEastR

Season over for EFL on 15:44 - May 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that the 'limited crowds' idea is the headscratchiest.

It was mooted/floated over here by a GAA official. 'Only' 20,000 in Croke Park sounds great, but what about the queues for toliets, for food, turnstiles on the way in, stairs on the way out...

Thankfully, it got pooh-poohed, Blackadder.

What's the outlook for this year's provincial championships and All Ireland?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024