Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 44726 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 21:09 - May 31 with 2451 viewsOldPedro

Season over for EFL on 21:08 - May 31 by Ranger_Things

BBC just confirmed 20th June

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52834579

[Post edited 31 May 2020 21:10]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Season over for EFL on 21:38 - May 31 with 2370 viewsStanisgod

Season over for EFL on 21:09 - May 31 by OldPedro

Don't book anything for the weekend 30th July lads

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Season over for EFL on 21:41 - May 31 with 2348 viewsfrancisbowles

Season over for EFL on 21:38 - May 31 by Stanisgod

Don't book anything for the weekend 30th July lads

5 subs and 20 match day squad being discussed.
Season over for EFL on 22:29 - May 31 with 2255 viewsdaveB

talk that 10,000 from each club could be there for the playoff final. My Aunt Nelly has been going since 1872 so wants a ticket
Season over for EFL on 23:21 - May 31 with 2149 viewsstowmarketrange

Will they just resume the same set of fixtures?If so,it’ll be Barnsley at home.
Charlton away next.Will they automatically refund our ticket money for the away game?
I don’t mind giving my season ticket money for our club,but I ain’t subsidising someone else’s problems.
Season over for EFL on 10:11 - Jun 1 with 2030 viewsThe_Beast1976

Hoos, Ferdinand and Warburton are not happy in the slightest - https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-we-vehemently-oppose-scheduled-return-
Season over for EFL on 10:35 - Jun 1 with 1990 viewsEsox_Lucius

Season over for EFL on 10:11 - Jun 1 by The_Beast1976

Hoos, Ferdinand and Warburton are not happy in the slightest - https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-we-vehemently-oppose-scheduled-return-

They are right to be upset. If they haven't even been contact training they have no chance of being competitive in a match. These games will be a joke.

The grass is always greener.

Season over for EFL on 10:39 - Jun 1 with 1978 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 23:21 - May 31 by stowmarketrange

Will they just resume the same set of fixtures?If so,it’ll be Barnsley at home.
Charlton away next.Will they automatically refund our ticket money for the away game?
I don’t mind giving my season ticket money for our club,but I ain’t subsidising someone else’s problems.

On the first point, I asked Warburton on the pod last week and he said yes same fixtures so we start with Barnsley H then Charlton and Boro A.
Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 10:42 - Jun 1 with 1967 viewsWatford_Ranger

Silly question probably...

Will the players be staying overnight for long trips (have they in Germany?)

Seems a real disadvantage to schlep to Boro if not.
Season over for EFL on 10:46 - Jun 1 with 1953 viewsNorthernr

Elsewhere several OOC players, including Lyle Taylor, have said they won't play for Charlton after the restart. They'd be doomed if so.
Season over for EFL on 10:56 - Jun 1 with 1930 viewsstowmarketrange

Season over for EFL on 10:39 - Jun 1 by Northernr

On the first point, I asked Warburton on the pod last week and he said yes same fixtures so we start with Barnsley H then Charlton and Boro A.

Thanks for the info mate.
Season over for EFL on 11:03 - Jun 1 with 1917 viewsrsonist

It's all so frustrating. We've beaten Bielsa at LR every time of asking, why can't everyone else do their bit.
Season over for EFL on 11:17 - Jun 1 with 1886 viewsGloucs_R

Can we still be relegated or are we safe?

I'm asking for a friend...🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 11:56 - Jun 1 with 1833 viewsslmrstid

Season over for EFL on 10:46 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Elsewhere several OOC players, including Lyle Taylor, have said they won't play for Charlton after the restart. They'd be doomed if so.

That home game against Charlton with their last minute equaliser feels a long time ago now...

In fact come to that, the whole of the 2019/20 season, part 1, feels an absolute lifetime ago now!
Season over for EFL on 13:01 - Jun 1 with 1752 viewsderbyhoop

Season over for EFL on 13:57 - May 29 by daveB

All tests are bought privately, none are being taken away from key workers or any the government are providing for the public

I wondered if that would be the case.
And if the Govt have capacity for 205,000 test pr day but are only doing 115,000 thee's plenty of spare capacity at the labs. No doubt, the clubs will have to pay the testing costs, as well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Season over for EFL on 14:22 - Jun 1 with 1674 viewsW7Ranger

Season over for EFL on 10:39 - Jun 1 by Northernr

I thought after Barnsley (H) and Charlton (A), we were due to play Fulham (H) ?
Season over for EFL on 14:35 - Jun 1 with 1650 viewsNorthernr

Season over for EFL on 14:22 - Jun 1 by W7Ranger

I thought after Barnsley (H) and Charlton (A), we were due to play Fulham (H) ?

Sorry yes my bad.
Season over for EFL on 15:15 - Jun 1 with 1587 viewsNewhopphoops

Season over for EFL on 14:22 - May 27 by CroydonCaptJack

I wonder if we can get a QPR version to recreate the hostile atmosphere when an opponenet takes a corner near R Block

https://spik.ai/generate/m5exu0l2vw/
Season over for EFL on 15:27 - Jun 1 with 1562 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Season over for EFL on 10:35 - Jun 1 by Esox_Lucius

They are right to be upset. If they haven't even been contact training they have no chance of being competitive in a match. These games will be a joke.

Does anybody know how long the German clubs had for contact training before they kicked it off because those games are very enjoyable .I realize 3 weeks is nothing but if the players have maintained their fitness getting their touch and teamwork back should be doable IMO
Season over for EFL on 19:28 - Jun 1 with 1444 viewsNed_Kennedys

Season over for EFL on 10:35 - Jun 1 by Esox_Lucius

Why wouldn't the games be competitive? All the teams would've started contact tracing at the same time so no-one has an advantage or disadvantage.
Season over for EFL on 19:53 - Jun 1 with 1409 viewsterryb

Season over for EFL on 19:28 - Jun 1 by Ned_Kennedys

Why wouldn't the games be competitive? All the teams would've started contact tracing at the same time so no-one has an advantage or disadvantage.

Add to that, a couple of weeks ago Eze said they would only need two to three weeks after training restarted.

Plus the fitness coach said last Monday that the players would like to return to playing the following day!

No club will be at the same point as the normal start of season. It is an even playing field & has to be excepted as such.

I personally expect that we will be well prepared & the circumstances will dictate that those that can play will prosper. That definitely includes us!
Season over for EFL on 09:46 - Jun 2 with 1192 viewsfrancisbowles

Season over for EFL on 19:53 - Jun 1 by terryb

Add to that, a couple of weeks ago Eze said they would only need two to three weeks after training restarted.

Plus the fitness coach said last Monday that the players would like to return to playing the following day!

No club will be at the same point as the normal start of season. It is an even playing field & has to be excepted as such.

I personally expect that we will be well prepared & the circumstances will dictate that those that can play will prosper. That definitely includes us!

The players are bored young men, fed up with their ambition being frustrated. They live in a protected bubble and are heavily reliant on the advice and instruction of their 'leaders'. I believe that we should listen to both parties but give greater weight to the views of those in charge.

It may not be a level playing field if players start to pick up injuries. It will be those with the larger squads that will have the stronger chance. I think MW said the u23s are furloughed so we won't have an emergency back up fit and available.

They have been off for twelve weeks and will have less time to prepare than a normal pre season and with no friendlies. Another week might make a huge difference.
Season over for EFL on 10:46 - Jun 2 with 1122 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season over for EFL on 09:46 - Jun 2 by francisbowles

The players are bored young men, fed up with their ambition being frustrated. They live in a protected bubble and are heavily reliant on the advice and instruction of their 'leaders'. I believe that we should listen to both parties but give greater weight to the views of those in charge.

It may not be a level playing field if players start to pick up injuries. It will be those with the larger squads that will have the stronger chance. I think MW said the u23s are furloughed so we won't have an emergency back up fit and available.

They have been off for twelve weeks and will have less time to prepare than a normal pre season and with no friendlies. Another week might make a huge difference.

agree, i lso suspect, even without fans, there are large logistical issues at the ground that need to be sorted.

Bare bones.

Season over for EFL on 12:24 - Jun 2 with 1002 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 10:46 - Jun 2 by Antti_Heinola

agree, i lso suspect, even without fans, there are large logistical issues at the ground that need to be sorted.

so much needs to be sorted from what happens to FFP cases and how they affect this season, they should really be done before we kick off again. Also how the games will be shown to fans, will it be through club websites or Sky or on Quest. How travel to games works, do they all go on a coach together or players drive themselves to the games. Does seem a lot up in the air for the EFL and the fact they have different ways of doing it for each league is odd. All seems a bit of a mess
Season over for EFL on 12:24 - Jun 2 with 1002 viewskensalriser

Season over for EFL on 09:46 - Jun 2 by francisbowles

I imagine that unless the players have been kept to a regimented fitness programme (difficult to do remotely) there'll be quite a big difference in players' fitness levels.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024