Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 44723 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season over for EFL on 10:09 - May 22 with 3439 viewsQPR_Jim

Season over for EFL on 10:02 - May 22 by Roller

Changing the permissible loss for this season and for next season is the obvious route for FFP. I'm sure a calculation based on average home match revenue * number of missed or behind closed doors matches would be the starting point. It shouldn't be hard to implement if there is the will to do so.

I agree, I think the difficulty may be if the current rules don't allow for them to change the permissable loss. So they may have to amend the rules to allow them to do it.
Season over for EFL on 10:32 - May 22 with 3396 viewsRoller

Season over for EFL on 10:09 - May 22 by QPR_Jim

I agree, I think the difficulty may be if the current rules don't allow for them to change the permissable loss. So they may have to amend the rules to allow them to do it.

They are their rules to change. It only takes 13 of the 24 clubs in the Championship to agree and they can vote it through.
Season over for EFL on 10:41 - May 22 with 3364 viewsRangersDave

so how would that affect Rangers?

Obviously apart from being fined again and banned from fielding more that 3 players for the rest of eternity?
[Post edited 22 May 2020 11:26]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 11:04 - May 22 with 3334 viewsRoller

Season over for EFL on 10:41 - May 22 by RangersDave

so how would that affect Rangers?

Obviously apart from being fined again and banned from fielding more that 3 players for the rest of eternity?
[Post edited 22 May 2020 11:26]

FFP is the least of our worries. It is hard to overstate what a great job Lee Hoos and Les Ferdinand have done in getting the club financially straight. I think that I calculated that we had around £11million headroom after the last set of accounts were published.
Season over for EFL on 11:28 - May 22 with 3294 viewsRangersDave

Season over for EFL on 11:04 - May 22 by Roller

FFP is the least of our worries. It is hard to overstate what a great job Lee Hoos and Les Ferdinand have done in getting the club financially straight. I think that I calculated that we had around £11million headroom after the last set of accounts were published.

sorry mate, what i'm getting at is that if clubs get financially let off FFP or given financial 'leg ups', surely Rangers would be within their rights to say 'hold on, dont forget us', then get a huge fine for geing impertinent!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 11:39 - May 22 with 3271 viewsRoller

Season over for EFL on 11:28 - May 22 by RangersDave

sorry mate, what i'm getting at is that if clubs get financially let off FFP or given financial 'leg ups', surely Rangers would be within their rights to say 'hold on, dont forget us', then get a huge fine for geing impertinent!

That is why this is the best solution. Clubs get an allowance for their missed or BCD matches, the income from which would have been in their budgets. Those which were going to be FFP compliant remain so, and those which were going to fail will not be saved by this adjustment. It is purely a recognition of missed expected income.
Season over for EFL on 13:32 - May 22 with 3175 viewsrsonist

Season over for EFL on 08:11 - May 22 by Northernr

Barnsley threatening legal action over that if punishments aren't handed down this season. Feeling in my old neck of the woods prior to all this is Wednesday are in serious trouble with it.

While another club owner, who did not want to be named, said the Sheffield Wednesday case, in particular, had to be resolved. “(The EFL) is still getting on with it and they are pursuing it ‘vigorously’ – that’s what I’ve been told,” he said. “It might even be automatic relegation.”

Did think it striking the Barnsley owner brought up being paid off the difference in revenue, mind.
Season over for EFL on 15:29 - May 23 with 3000 viewswood_hoop

The Spanish are wanting to start in early June, will probably mean more pressure on The Prem and Championship to set starting dates.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/la-liga-return-spanish-government-says-lea
Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 19:39 - May 25 with 2859 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Barnsley warn they 'will not accept' relegation in furious letter to EFL"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/25/barnsley-relegation-letter-efl?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season over for EFL on 19:47 - May 25 with 2844 viewscolinallcars

Season over for EFL on 19:39 - May 25 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/25/barnsley-relegation-letter-efl?

Good ol' Barnsley.
Season over for EFL on 21:11 - May 25 with 2775 viewsNed_Kennedys

Season over for EFL on 19:39 - May 25 by BrianMcCarthy

The EFL were obviously planning to do the hearings for Derby and Sheffield Wednesday at the end of the normal season so they could issue the correct point deductions to ensure neither club would be relegated: the current situation must be awkward for them in this regard.
Season over for EFL on 14:19 - May 27 with 2605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Japan launches remote cheering app to boost atmosphere in empty stadiums"

...of course they do.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/27/japan-launches-remote-cheering-app

Season over for EFL on 14:22 - May 27 with 2590 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Season over for EFL on 14:19 - May 27 by BrianMcCarthy

"Japan launches remote cheering app to boost atmosphere in empty stadiums"

...of course they do.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/27/japan-launches-remote-cheering-app

I wonder if we can get a QPR version to recreate the hostile atmosphere when an opponenet takes a corner near R Block
Season over for EFL on 14:41 - May 27 with 2544 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season over for EFL on 14:22 - May 27 by CroydonCaptJack

I wonder if we can get a QPR version to recreate the hostile atmosphere when an opponenet takes a corner near R Block

I'm working on the Rangers version. Any requests?

I've already installed a shortcut key for Clive - "NOOOOOONOTANOTHERFUGGINSHORTCORNER!!!!"

Season over for EFL on 15:16 - May 28 with 2370 viewsDieByYourSide

PL supposedly back on 17th June with Championship meant to be looking at 20th...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Season over for EFL on 21:26 - May 28 with 2223 viewsHooparoo

Season over for EFL on 15:16 - May 28 by DieByYourSide

PL supposedly back on 17th June with Championship meant to be looking at 20th...

At least our lot won’t be bothered by empty stadia. The PL boys might fret that their adoring minions aren’t there singing songs about their lovely gangsta haircuts. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Season over for EFL on 21:57 - May 28 with 2160 viewsterryb

Have The Championship & Division One clubs voted yet as to whether to end the season?

I've not seen anywhere that has given the results, but I've seen a newspaper article that expects 19 Championship clubs will vote to resume.

That looks a bit on the high side to me!
[Post edited 28 May 2020 22:07]
Season over for EFL on 01:04 - May 29 with 2049 viewsHooparoo

Season over for EFL on 21:57 - May 28 by terryb

Have The Championship & Division One clubs voted yet as to whether to end the season?

I've not seen anywhere that has given the results, but I've seen a newspaper article that expects 19 Championship clubs will vote to resume.

That looks a bit on the high side to me!
[Post edited 28 May 2020 22:07]

Still think it’s crazy that we are even talking about resuming sport. It’s only a game for God’s sake.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Season over for EFL on 13:37 - May 29 with 1873 viewsderbyhoop

The lack of sport on TV/live has made lockdown so much harder.

OH said how is it going to be made safe. When I said the players were being tested 2/3 times per week. She thought it was a misuse of scarce resources. Hard to disagree.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Season over for EFL on 13:55 - May 29 with 1852 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 01:04 - May 29 by Hooparoo

Still think it’s crazy that we are even talking about resuming sport. It’s only a game for God’s sake.

You could say the same about reopening Mcdonalds and Greggs, it's only a takeaway service but it's something people enjoy and want to have again.

Golf resumed a few weeks ago and some Rugby League has restarted without any of the questions or media scrutiny that football seems to be having
Season over for EFL on 13:57 - May 29 with 1849 viewsdaveB

Season over for EFL on 13:37 - May 29 by derbyhoop

The lack of sport on TV/live has made lockdown so much harder.

OH said how is it going to be made safe. When I said the players were being tested 2/3 times per week. She thought it was a misuse of scarce resources. Hard to disagree.

All tests are bought privately, none are being taken away from key workers or any the government are providing for the public
Season over for EFL on 15:48 - May 30 with 1630 viewsPinnerPaul

Season over for EFL on 01:04 - May 29 by Hooparoo

Nothing is 'essential' apart from basic food and water but you can (rightly) buy a lot more than that and always have been able to.

You may as well say 'Its only the economy'

We have to get back to normality and that has to be done in stages. There is not going to be a magic 'VE day' when someone tells us that no one can ever catch the virus ever again.

Mentioned it months ago but just remember, last year, this year, next year and every year up to 20,000 people will die from a 'normal' flu virus in the UK DESPITE free vaccination for everyone over 60 and very cheap (relatively) for anyone else that wants it - worth thinking about?
Season over for EFL on 16:49 - May 30 with 1585 viewsTGRRRSSS

Spot on PinnerPaul - in addition to that many people not yet feeling the true economic pain and many of those who are getting all the airways etc - whether it be football based or not, are the type of people who will probably be immune to any economic pain either now or going forward.

We cannot simply shut up shop forever, and the longer we carry on in this way - the harder things will be.

This may sound easy to say but it's simply maths.

When Furlough stops and companies pull the plug on staff the true financials will come to play...and it will be painful regardless.
Season over for EFL on 23:26 - May 30 with 1468 viewswombat

Season over for EFL on 16:49 - May 30 by TGRRRSSS

Spot on PinnerPaul - in addition to that many people not yet feeling the true economic pain and many of those who are getting all the airways etc - whether it be football based or not, are the type of people who will probably be immune to any economic pain either now or going forward.

We cannot simply shut up shop forever, and the longer we carry on in this way - the harder things will be.

This may sound easy to say but it's simply maths.

When Furlough stops and companies pull the plug on staff the true financials will come to play...and it will be painful regardless.

Already happening in construction spoke to a friend at a major uk company they have 400 still on furlough and they work closely with has over a thousand , when Your job is recruitment to companies such as these on a daily basis depends on a semi decent salary , I know the future is gonna be damn hard and don’t see it getting better this year or the early part of next year to be honest .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Season over for EFL on 21:08 - May 31 with 1318 viewsRanger_Things

Season over for EFL on 15:16 - May 28 by DieByYourSide

BBC just confirmed 20th June

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52834579

[Post edited 31 May 2020 21:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024