Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread 00:22 - Sep 26 with 26618 viewsBoston

Rangers 3 Middlesbrough 1.

Game should be sewn up by half time. No yarn, they're threadbare at the back, we'll tie them up in knots even with Hall. I see us weaving through the defence and I'll get the fcking needle if we don't have 'em.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 16:59 - Sep 26 with 1819 viewsBklynRanger

Decent enough effort in the end. Plenty to build on etc.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 16:59 - Sep 26 with 1805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangers the better team in many ways but Boro were also denied a peno.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:00 - Sep 26 with 1761 viewsAntti_Heinola

1-1 FT, paulparker will be having a miserable night tonight.

Overall, decent performance, either side could have nicked it, both had chances where maybe they should, so a draw probably fair.

Dieng looked good, dominated his area well, but BOS a veryt clear MOTM. Amos faded a bit after the subs came on, but played well until then. We struggle from crosses and corners, but overall played well.

Bare bones.

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:01 - Sep 26 with 1737 viewsted_hendrix

Bloody fakes

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:01 - Sep 26 with 1711 viewsLeedsR

Could have had all three points if we had made more of the chances. Boro came into it more in the last 10-15 mins, so 1:1 not an entirely disappointing result. Thought BOS, Kakay and Dieng were the standout players. Dickie looked calm and composed. Plenty to be positive about, plenty still to work on.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:02 - Sep 26 with 1689 viewsrsonist

Now BOS is back on form we can return to hearing about how we're a one man team and won't survive if we can't retain him.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:02 - Sep 26 with 1686 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The game changed, I thought, when Thomas tired and had to come off. Not that he was playing brilliantly, but Carroll coming on pushed Amos to 10 and Chair to the wing. After that we never had balance. Soon after, Boro went to a narrow 433, flooded midfield and owned the ball.

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:03 - Sep 26 with 1661 viewsjohnhoop

Just hope we can somehow hang on to Bright because we'd pose very little attacking threat without him.
Login to get fewer ads

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:04 - Sep 26 with 1647 viewsted_hendrix

Three games in and 10th I'll take that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:05 - Sep 26 with 1611 viewsdanehoop

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:02 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

The game changed, I thought, when Thomas tired and had to come off. Not that he was playing brilliantly, but Carroll coming on pushed Amos to 10 and Chair to the wing. After that we never had balance. Soon after, Boro went to a narrow 433, flooded midfield and owned the ball.

I thought Smyth for Chair seemed to remedy that more, Smyth certainly seemed confident going forward for someone with limited game time over the past year. Probably enough to keep home with squad and not loan him out.

Never knowingly understood

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:05 - Sep 26 with 1611 viewsMalintabuk

Unbeaten at home for 2 games take that
BOS had a decent game his best of the season
But for me Dykes was MOTM. No service and gave their big CH a lot to worry about. I worry that he is so alone up front
Down mark on the management with the GK situation. Dieng looks a whole league better than the other 2 so why as it taken them this long to play him .
Defence looked a little better today in the 2nd half and hopefully they can keep improving
Kakay looked good again a real plus, would have like to have seen Niko on the bench
Chair took a knock and perhaps he is finding his way a little post Eze so patience thier
No decent performance 4 points on the board and much improved on the Coventry show
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:05 - Sep 26 with 1603 viewsPetros

I am getting to quite like this team. Dieng, Dickie, Kakay definite upgrades on last season. But what on earth did Cameron do today? Passenger.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:09 - Sep 26 with 1507 viewsjoolsyp

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:05 - Sep 26 by Petros

I am getting to quite like this team. Dieng, Dickie, Kakay definite upgrades on last season. But what on earth did Cameron do today? Passenger.

He protected the back four and did a fair bit of mopping up ... but he's no Shaun Derry and he and Barbet let the ball bounce too much at times.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:16 - Sep 26 with 1403 viewsbosh67

Boro won't be a bad team this season so honours even is decent enough. IF we keep Manning then he could sit behind BOS and Dykes as a front two. A sort of Wells and Hugill duo.

Dykes with the touch and power, BOS with the pace and power. Dykes needs another player to get put in by and put a sidekick in.

With pace on the wings and two up top we could do more damage or at least stem damage inflicted at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:19 - Sep 26 with 1364 viewsHunterhoop

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:09 - Sep 26 by joolsyp

He protected the back four and did a fair bit of mopping up ... but he's no Shaun Derry and he and Barbet let the ball bounce too much at times.

Cameron and Barbet were the obvious weak links today and took each other out twice.

We looked very good on the ball and got better defensively as it went on. Thought we faded after Thomas came off, Chair went wide and Amos went to be the central attacking midfielder. We're much better with BOS wide one side, AN OTHER on the other flank, and Chair in middle.

Dykes was excellent today, proper target man linking up the play well.
Liked the look of Thomas
Kakay was good
Dickie looked more like the centre half i thought we signed
Wallace started like a frightened ghost but got much better
BOS was MoTM for me...excellent, and back to his best.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:23 - Sep 26 with 1318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:19 - Sep 26 by Hunterhoop

Cameron and Barbet were the obvious weak links today and took each other out twice.

We looked very good on the ball and got better defensively as it went on. Thought we faded after Thomas came off, Chair went wide and Amos went to be the central attacking midfielder. We're much better with BOS wide one side, AN OTHER on the other flank, and Chair in middle.

Liked the look of Thomas
Kakay was good

Agree with all of that, Hunter, except to say that Cameron won quite a few turnovers. I thought part of the problem down that channel was Barbet coming up the pitch too far and leaving spaces. Not saying Cameron was brilliant, but he was dealing with Barbet's confusion.

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:27 - Sep 26 with 1272 viewskropotkin41

I thought that was quite a good game. Kakay impressed me although his passes were over-hit a few times. I was very glad that Seny Dieng had a good game and we were unlucky not to take 3pts with that Tom Carroll shot off the post, off the goalkeeper's head and away.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:31 - Sep 26 with 1237 viewsManinBlack

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:01 - Sep 26 by ted_hendrix

Bloody fakes

Yes very irritating. However it was sort of expected as Cardiff have not beaten them in 10 games. It is strange once a team becomes a bogey side, how difficult it seems to be to change it.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:35 - Sep 26 with 1209 viewsHunterhoop

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:23 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with all of that, Hunter, except to say that Cameron won quite a few turnovers. I thought part of the problem down that channel was Barbet coming up the pitch too far and leaving spaces. Not saying Cameron was brilliant, but he was dealing with Barbet's confusion.

Agree Barbet had a very "odd" game. But I don't think Cameron did that much mopping up. Certainly not in the first half where I thought he was a complete passenger.
The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:42 - Sep 26 with 1170 viewsderbyhoop

Fair result.
We were slightly the better until the last 20 minutes.
I wonder if Chair and Thomas were carrying knocks from the first 15 minutes. We seemed to get a bit worse after they went off. Balance was wrong.
BOS was clear MOTM. No really poor performances, but not many outstanding ones, either.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:49 - Sep 26 with 1127 viewsLblock

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:00 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

Overall, decent performance, either side could have nicked it, both had chances where maybe they should, so a draw probably fair.

Dieng looked good, dominated his area well, but BOS a veryt clear MOTM. Amos faded a bit after the subs came on, but played well until then. We struggle from crosses and corners, but overall played well.

Apologies..... up arrowed by mistake

Amos was fantastic wasn’t he? A real monster in the middle, even decided to have his hardest effort at goal with a venomous shot that Dieng managed to clear.
The defence looks a well drilled unit
As you say, it’s just not fair other teams are allowed crosses and corners against us.

Enjoy your evening, I’m sure others will as well

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:53 - Sep 26 with 1109 viewsBoston

Not a result to grumble much about but we should have won. Boro had chances and did miss a sitter but overall I think it’s two points lost. Hope Dieng is a popular squad member, from the sound of it he put in a decent shift and deserves more first team appearances.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 18:47 - Sep 26 with 948 viewspaulparker

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:00 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

Why would I be having a miserable evening ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 18:49 - Sep 26 with 941 viewsdavman

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:19 - Sep 26 by Hunterhoop

Liked the look of Thomas
Kakay was good

Not sure Dykes was "excellent" to be fair. He has a great touch, won a fair bit in the air and chased the oppo down. BUT, did he have a shot? In fact, aside from the pens in the first three games, has he been denied a goal by the GK making a save?

I know he may bring other things to our game and I know that, as a team, we have scored in each of our first three games, BUT a striker that doesn't test the oppo 'keeper has to be a worry...

Agree on Dickie and Wallace, who had to improve after last week to be fair.

BOS was superb and I thought Amos did some stuff well.

Thought we were hanging on at times though, so happy with the point.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 18:49 - Sep 26 with 937 viewsStanisgod

The One and Only QPR v Boro Thread on 17:53 - Sep 26 by Boston

Not a result to grumble much about but we should have won. Boro had chances and did miss a sitter but overall I think it’s two points lost. Hope Dieng is a popular squad member, from the sound of it he put in a decent shift and deserves more first team appearances.

Agree, deffo 2 dropped, just highlighted what we know that Dykes needs help.
Played some nice stuff but last season that probably would have been 3-2

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024