Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ditch the hoops! 17:16 - Oct 31 with 4094 viewsbosh67

We are Feyenoord... Again!

What a lovely kit that is. I am old enough to remember it the first time around.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ditch the hoops! on 21:52 - Oct 31 with 1503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think I do too actually.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ditch the hoops! on 22:44 - Oct 31 with 1421 viewsted_hendrix

Ditch the hoops! on 21:22 - Oct 31 by QPRSteve

When did the White Horse lose a good half of its building. Didn't it become a Blockbuster or something Ted?

Yes I think it mate but gawd knows when.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ditch the hoops! on 23:38 - Oct 31 with 1378 viewsMoonshineSteve

Hated this kit back in the 70s. We wore it at my first away game at WHL, got roundly stuffed. Don't want to see it again.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Ditch the hoops! on 23:41 - Oct 31 with 1372 viewsBoston

Ditch the hoops! on 18:01 - Oct 31 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Did not like it the first time around and don't like it now and never playing at home.

OK for an away kit, not happy to see it at Loftus Rd. Someone mentioned once that Warburton knew how to stop a run of bad results, I never realized it was by a change of fashion!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ditch the hoops! on 23:42 - Oct 31 with 1370 viewsStanisgod

Ditch the hoops! on 18:01 - Oct 31 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Did not like it the first time around and don't like it now and never playing at home.

If everyone said they hated it you would say you loved it.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ditch the hoops! on 23:43 - Oct 31 with 1368 viewsMoonshineSteve

Ditch the hoops! on 23:38 - Oct 31 by MoonshineSteve

Hated this kit back in the 70s. We wore it at my first away game at WHL, got roundly stuffed. Don't want to see it again.

April '77. Lost 3-0.

Ditch the hoops! on 23:44 - Oct 31 with 1365 viewsMoonshineSteve

Ditch the hoops! on 23:43 - Oct 31 by MoonshineSteve

April '77. Lost 3-0.

Stop spoiling my mood from today.

Poxy halves.

Ditch the hoops! on 23:54 - Oct 31 with 1336 viewsBoston

For terryb.

Unfortunately, a fixture I've never forgotten as myself and my small posse of 15/16 year olds came unstuck to a group of old men...they must have been at least 22!

Login to get fewer ads

Ditch the hoops! on 23:54 - Oct 31 with 1335 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Dont even dream about ditching the hoops haha even for a special occasion .I liked not loved the shirt today but if it physiologically helped win that game then bring it back for a cup run maybe.
I watched the video that Clive posted from 72/73 against Cardiff and its a bit of a shock to see no crest on our hoops.Does anybody know when we started wearing the crest and thankfully we are back to it now not that ugly one during our Air Asia times .
Alsoif there was VAR in the 1970 s teams would finish the game as 5a side with those brutal tackles shudder emogie
Ditch the hoops! on 00:18 - Nov 1 with 1315 viewsMoonshineSteve

Remember reading in Shoot that Liverpool were going to have Hitachi as a sponsor on their shirt. Asked Dad "What, on their shirt?". "Yes." "Actually on their shirt?" "Yes." "A word, on the red shirt? Actually printed, on the shirt?" "Yes."

"Sorry, I don't understand. They will actually have a word, of a company, written across the front of their shirts?". "Yes."

"No, sorry, I don't understand. There will actually be an advert printed on Liverpool's actual shirts? When they're playing?"

"Yes."

My poor Dad obviously has considerably more patience than me, but I still think it's a shame. When I win the lottery I'm going to sponsor us for a year and have no logo on the shirt.

Ditch the hoops! on 00:21 - Nov 1 with 1298 viewstimcocking

Christ. Speak for yourself. I was fcuking mortified to see us playing at home without our kit.
Ditch the hoops! on 10:38 - Nov 1 with 1162 viewslightwaterhoop

3 points is the thing i most care about just wish i had been there to see it.Like the kit though it has a sort of QPR feel about it.
Ditch the hoops! on 13:21 - Nov 1 with 1086 viewsterryb

Ditch the hoops! on 23:54 - Oct 31 by Boston

For terryb.

Unfortunately, a fixture I've never forgotten as myself and my small posse of 15/16 year olds came unstuck to a group of old men...they must have been at least 22!

Cheers Boston.

As you may know, I was a friend of Kevin Beattie, but i also had a few drinks with John Peddelty who scored the Ipswich goal.

The two teams didn't get on with each other! Whether this was down to the Cobbolds & Gregory not getting on I don't know, but I know from the two Ipswich players i mentioned that they were more wound up for this game than when they played Norwich!

It's not shown on the highlights, but this was the game when Mills flattened Gerry Francis in an aerial challenge. To this day I'm sure that was the start of Gerry's back problem & the reason I always refused to speak to Mills!

Did he care about that? I don't believe he did!
Ditch the hoops! on 13:50 - Nov 1 with 1062 viewsfrancisbowles

Ditch the hoops! on 13:21 - Nov 1 by terryb

Cheers Boston.

As you may know, I was a friend of Kevin Beattie, but i also had a few drinks with John Peddelty who scored the Ipswich goal.

The two teams didn't get on with each other! Whether this was down to the Cobbolds & Gregory not getting on I don't know, but I know from the two Ipswich players i mentioned that they were more wound up for this game than when they played Norwich!

It's not shown on the highlights, but this was the game when Mills flattened Gerry Francis in an aerial challenge. To this day I'm sure that was the start of Gerry's back problem & the reason I always refused to speak to Mills!

It's a really nice kit and if we can't have hoops it should be our away kit. I'd much rather impersonate Feyenoord than Forest!
Ditch the hoops! on 16:17 - Nov 1 with 1022 viewsBoston

Ditch the hoops! on 13:21 - Nov 1 by terryb

Cheers Boston.

Mills was a tough barsteward.

Ditch the hoops! on 20:20 - Nov 1 with 918 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Already sold out of most sizes! Looked for a large today and it's only smalls and mediums left.
Ditch the hoops! on 20:45 - Nov 1 with 887 viewskensalriser

Ditch the hoops! on 23:54 - Oct 31 by Boston

For terryb.

Nice one Bos. I was at that game. Lovely goal by Givens, not that I remember it or that we wore the halves!

I seem to remember the Town faithful really didn't like Mills, always a lot of grumbling in the crowd. No idea why, he was a vital part of a very good side.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 20:46]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ditch the hoops! on 20:53 - Nov 1 with 868 viewsCamberleyR

Ditch the hoops! on 23:54 - Oct 31 by CLAREMAN1995

Dont even dream about ditching the hoops haha even for a special occasion .I liked not loved the shirt today but if it physiologically helped win that game then bring it back for a cup run maybe.
I watched the video that Clive posted from 72/73 against Cardiff and its a bit of a shock to see no crest on our hoops.Does anybody know when we started wearing the crest and thankfully we are back to it now not that ugly one during our Air Asia times .
Alsoif there was VAR in the 1970 s teams would finish the game as 5a side with those brutal tackles shudder emogie

1975/76 season. Gerry just about to score the goal of the season

The crest then disappeared for two seasons when we started wearing Adidas shirts and didn't reappear until the 1978/79 season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ditch the hoops! on 21:20 - Nov 1 with 835 viewsBoston

Ditch the hoops! on 19:06 - Oct 31 by ManinBlack

Personally I love the kit but I suppose they would not have worn it had we been there. I recall we wore an away kit at home before. Was it the infamous Joe Waters defeat to Leicester in the cup?

Ditch the hoops! on 13:09 - Nov 2 with 642 viewscharmr

As a 12 yr old that Leicester game was a big deal back then. The FA Cup was a big deal, all ticket, full house and my team QPR getting talked about at school. I had football friends at school who would come to Rangers just to see some live football.

Still a huge disappointment that game with a real big feel leading up to it. Only seen the highlights on you tube but from what I remember seemed the team never turned up.

Anyone recall how we played that day?

Up there with the Villa game at highbiury for disappointment and oh so close but so far.
Ditch the hoops! on 13:31 - Nov 2 with 606 viewsjoe90

Ditch the hoops! on 21:09 - Oct 31 by izlingtonhoop

You've not noticed the pink trim on the home kit then?
🙄

Looks red to me?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024