Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread 08:17 - Nov 4 with 27414 viewsstevec

Our boys like Saturdays, particularly 3pm Saturdays. 10 points and no defeats. Must be pay day but no matter, we like it.

What we don’t like is Monday to Friday, or the dark. No wins, no points.

Time to redeem yourselves. 1-1 draw and something on the board at last. Please.

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:03 - Nov 4 with 1673 viewsnumptydumpty

Nice one - nicked it at the end - overall deserved - just slightly better than Derby.

But yes solid - didn't see the goal coming today and was expecting it to be cancelled out for offside or a foul so did not celebrate the goal until the game restarted ie seen our luck in the past..

Comfortable at the back but Derby were surprisingly bad - I think Rooney is just about to start his managerial career - ie with a very big thank you to the Rangers for giving him the opportunity.

Probably announced tomorrow at same time Trump re elected !!!!!!!!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:04 - Nov 4 with 1668 viewskarl

Biggest plus for me was the way we reacted to going so flat and being second best 2nd half, couple of good subs and gradually built ourselves a momentum again to get us up the pitch and get that opportunity of a defender winning the ball so far forward to be able to play in the winning pass.
Ultimately a poor game but a great ugly win, very important points and we'll get a good bounce from this
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:04 - Nov 4 with 1659 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:00 - Nov 4 by Malintabuk

Will hold my hands up and after those 3 games I was questioning Warbs and what he was doing
But back to back wins are not easy in this league unless you are a top team and unfortunately we are not that
So got to give him credit and to the team and what makes me think I was wrong was the look on Bonne face at the final whistle.... he was delighted and that proves they still want to.play for Warbs

We are equally capable of losing the next two so no reason for flagellation just yet.

As you say, it’s the Championship and I think judgement of Warburton shouldn’t be made until the end of the season.
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:05 - Nov 4 with 1651 viewsJuzzie

Derby fans will probably be wondering how they lost to an average QPR side.
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:07 - Nov 4 with 1617 viewsMalintabuk

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:04 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

We are equally capable of losing the next two so no reason for flagellation just yet.

As you say, it’s the Championship and I think judgement of Warburton shouldn’t be made until the end of the season.

No truer word said Baz and after all it is the QPR way
But I think that if you dish out deserved criticism and those 3 games deserved that, it is also important to recognise good as well
Warbs tonight did everything right and the 3 subs as I said changed the game for us
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:09 - Nov 4 with 1583 viewsWatford_Ranger

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:05 - Nov 4 by Juzzie

Derby fans will probably be wondering how they lost to an average QPR side.

Because they’re shite?
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:09 - Nov 4 with 1572 viewsterryb

A very composed performance & a deserved win.

I was about to swear at Dickie for not playing the ball to the right & then he delivered it perfectly for Bonne!

The whiole defence defended well & I can't remember a mistake from Dickie or Barbet. Behind them Dieng commanded his area & made two good/very good saves in the first half. We did go off the boil for a bit of the second half & i got a little edgy, but our defence didn't!

Very pleasing, but I'm too awake now!
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:10 - Nov 4 with 1543 viewskropotkin41

Worked this evening and missed this glorious match - mind you I always think we're going to turn Derby over........ it seems proper. Come on U RRRs!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:10 - Nov 4 with 1541 viewsloftboy

Derby now 2nd bottom as Wycombe scored a late winner at Brum

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:12 - Nov 4 with 1511 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:03 - Nov 4 by Hunterhoop

Dickie superb.

Found the second half intensely frustrating because of how sloppy we were in possession and how we seemed to lack the urgency and drive to get a winner. Then upped stepped Dickie to step in and create the winner.

I think Derby were dreadful and the worst side we’ve played.

We can bee so much better.

But great to get the win. Those are the games you need to win when the oppo is so bad.

Agree not too sure how much we can take from this result as in the future

However thought we kept our shape throughout and deserved the win.

I don't know if you get to many away games Hunter but that was a good away performance for me.

One I'd liked to have been at.

With Pubs before and after!

Youuuu Rsssss

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:13 - Nov 4 with 1491 viewsjoe90

Doesn't matter how we played, a win is win. Well done Rangers!
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:13 - Nov 4 with 1487 viewsTacticalR

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 21:50 - Nov 4 by karl

I did feel sorry for Cocu when they zoomed in on him after the goal, he's toast obviously.
Millionaires don't need my sympathy though and I'm sure he'll be OK!
Wonder if Rooney will give it a go, I'd steer clear if I was him

Aside from his honours as a player he's won the Eredivisie 3 times as manager of PSV. Maybe that's easier than working with Derby.

Air hostess clique

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:15 - Nov 4 with 1448 viewsaston_hoop

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:13 - Nov 4 by TacticalR

Aside from his honours as a player he's won the Eredivisie 3 times as manager of PSV. Maybe that's easier than working with Derby.

To be fair, Steve McLaren also won the Eredivise and not with one of the big guns!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:17 - Nov 4 with 1424 viewsBoston

Someone mentioned we didn’t do late winners...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:24 - Nov 4 with 1349 viewsEmpireStateRanger

What’s really encouraging is that Warbs has proven he can halt a losing skid before it becomes disastrous. When Holloway, JFH and Stevie suffered a 2-3 losses in a row, it eventually became 5-6-7 losses. That hasn’t really happened under Warbs. We did only gain 4 points in 7 before the Cardiff breakthrough, but we still got some good draws and were introducing so many new players to the squad.
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:26 - Nov 4 with 1314 viewskensalriser

What is this crazy business of eking out an ugly 1-0 win?

Super stuff and back in our rightful place of 16th.*

*Yes, yes, I know we've only ever finished 16th once in our entire history, it's just a bit of fun and we have been in and around 16th throughout the season quite a bit recently.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:27 - Nov 4 with 1300 viewssmudgehoop

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 21:52 - Nov 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

Thanks Brian

Back to the grind stone for you on Saturday

None of this summary nonsense !

Brian, your updates are a great addition to Nick and Andy's excellent commentary. Keep 'em up :)

A grinding 0-1 away win.

Glad Warbs' team is finally getting some grit.

C'mon U Rs
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 22:33]

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:39 - Nov 4 with 1185 viewsDejR_vu

A win and a clean sheet.

Who needs Van Dijk when you’ve got Barbet

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:45 - Nov 4 with 1126 viewsDavieQPR

We are the away team and our main object is to get something from this game. Derby are the Home team and it is their job to entertain We succeeded and they failed.
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:45 - Nov 4 with 1119 viewsDorse

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:49 - Nov 4 with 1086 viewsrsonist

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:04 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

6 points off 2nd, 6 points off 22nd sums the league up.
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:56 - Nov 4 with 1043 viewsMatch82

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 21:37 - Nov 4 by Malintabuk

Love it Dieng goes to ground on that catch good lad
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 21:38]

Straight out of Lumley's playbook that one!
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:57 - Nov 4 with 1034 viewsYokelR

Credit where it is due. Firstly a clean sheet away. Secondly these are the sort of results that see a team in the top half of a division, takes discipline and professionalism. I want warbs to succeed and hope some of our host of signings turn into gems.
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 23:09 - Nov 4 with 989 viewsHunterhoop

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:12 - Nov 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agree not too sure how much we can take from this result as in the future

However thought we kept our shape throughout and deserved the win.

I don't know if you get to many away games Hunter but that was a good away performance for me.

One I'd liked to have been at.

With Pubs before and after!

Youuuu Rsssss

None at the minute! But used to get to a few. 10-12 a season 5 years ago. Done about 50 league grounds down.

Certainly be up for Derby and The Brunswick Inn with Everards on tap! Beautiful beer.

It was an alright performance. But we were sloppy and should have won comfortably. I really think we are a much better side than Derby (and better than a lot of sides in this league) but our execution at the business end of the pitch can be infuriating.

As can this repeated pattern of us always starting second halves slowly and letting teams get on top of us, especially when we've been the better side in the first half.

We have to start second halves better.

I really think this league is weak and if we can consistently play at 70% or better of our potential we'll be top half. Cut down the volume of stupid mistakes at the back, and get slightly sharper in the final third and we'll see a big swing in results.
Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 23:12 - Nov 4 with 974 viewsBoston

Derby County midweek bonus game match thread on 22:09 - Nov 4 by terryb

A very composed performance & a deserved win.

I was about to swear at Dickie for not playing the ball to the right & then he delivered it perfectly for Bonne!

The whiole defence defended well & I can't remember a mistake from Dickie or Barbet. Behind them Dieng commanded his area & made two good/very good saves in the first half. We did go off the boil for a bit of the second half & i got a little edgy, but our defence didn't!

Very pleasing, but I'm too awake now!

Agree with the composed observation, didn't think it was a bad game either.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024