Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City Match Fred 14:59 - Dec 1 with 37283 viewsTheChef

Fully expecting a defeat, but hope we can put in a decent performance over 90 minutes and get our reward for it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:46 - Dec 1 with 1774 viewsCamberleyR

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:39 - Dec 1 by R_from_afar

BOS shoots wide from close in arghhhh

Because he's so one footed he wanted to get it on his left foot rather than just take a swing with his right.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:46 - Dec 1 with 1772 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:29 - Dec 1 by karl

Easiest thing to coach is spoiling, breaking up a game and stifling opponents till you get a break or conjure up a couple of moments on the counter.
Far harder is coaching quality passing, exciting movement and dominating a top 6 team with a young team.
It's exciting, it's entertaining and had me on the edge of my seat the whole half.
Do we need to stop the loss of concentration? Absolutely but so far we're looking at a 10 minute spell where we made one mistake in being slow to close down and resulted in a goal, uncertainty and lack of confidence we lose another very quickly.
Again we're the better team but unfortunately losing, this way we're developing players worth watching and importantly worth money. I'm definitely glass half full

I agree but after 40 great minutes that game ran away from us fairly quickly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:46 - Dec 1 with 1767 viewsGloucs_R

General consensus....Warbs to stay or go?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:46 - Dec 1 with 1764 viewsQPRSteve

Until they scored, that was our best performance so far. They change tactics at HT and we had no answer to it. I honestly think that Warbs has no idea how to change things - its pretty much the same subs every game,
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:47 - Dec 1 with 1741 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:46 - Dec 1 by Gloucs_R

Anyone that says go is a genuine moron.

So probably a narrow victory for ‘go’.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:47 - Dec 1 with 1730 viewsSuperhoop83

That was the most QPR thing I have ever witnessed.

The second half was agony as we all knew exactly how it would pan out.

Surprisingly depressed, even after 42 years of this nonsense.

Suffering since 1978.

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:47 - Dec 1 with 1713 viewsAntti_Heinola

Three games in a row almost identical in so many ways. Destroy a team first half, then almost completely out the game second half. Bright superb first half, but barely a kick second, until that god-awful 'finish' at the end.
I have no idea what the answer is, but Warburton needs to stop this worrying trend. We do not have the kiler instinct, we give away stupid, avoidable goal after stupid, avoidable goal every bloody game. If it's not Barbet diving in, it's a terrible pass from Dickie. If it's not BOS failing to follow his man, it's Ball losing his. Over and over. Teams punish us every time, almost, we punish teams about 1 in 10.
We are actually a good side who can give anyone a game, but we are our own worst enemy.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2020 21:50]

Bare bones.

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:48 - Dec 1 with 1701 viewskensalriser

So are we back to sacking the manager after losing a couple of games by a single goal to teams higher in the table?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:48 - Dec 1 with 1676 viewsSharpy36

Watching those 2 halves was like watching the jekyll and hyde musical

ffs

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:48 - Dec 1 with 1666 viewsNorthLondonR

Plain and simple if you can't defend whatsoever, which we cannot, you can't win games.... our left back was an absolute shambles and please do notice no balls were played in behind there when he was removed... an absolute week link and captain! We would have been a goal down early on, but delaying the inevitable. We can't defend, that's our problem
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:48 - Dec 1 with 1662 viewsdistortR

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:45 - Dec 1 by paulparker

But how many times do we say the defence, the concentration etc ?
Nothing changes , yeah we knocked it around well for 40 minutes then go to pieces
It’s been the same story in pretty much every game , we never looked like scoring again when they went 2-1 up
We are deep in it this year at what point do you change it ? We cannot go on like this someone has to take the team by the scruff of the neck kick a few arses

mate, we did look like scoring again at 2-1 down, in fact we really should have.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:48 - Dec 1 with 1660 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's insane to say he should go. In so many ways he's doing a fine job.
But he also has a lot of work to do.

Bare bones.

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:49 - Dec 1 with 1632 viewsPetros

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:23 - Dec 1 by paulparker

We have no plan B under warburton it’s going to be all huff & puff as city will do the professional thing and see it out which is what we should have done on 30 minutes and hog in half time in the lead

Totally agree with this. That last 10 minutes of the first half we should have tucked in, kept the ball, made them chase around, conserved our energy. Instead we run around like puppies all the time, and suffer visibly after about an hour.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:49 - Dec 1 with 1597 viewsTopCat34

Just get through this weird season and scrape a 17th/18th and build for a proper one next year. MW needs a bit more time, but he's got to do something about this defence because we might as well start every game 2-0 down.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:50 - Dec 1 with 1573 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:48 - Dec 1 by Antti_Heinola

it's insane to say he should go. In so many ways he's doing a fine job.
But he also has a lot of work to do.

Three statements I agree with.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:50 - Dec 1 with 1559 viewsStanisgod

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:46 - Dec 1 by CamberleyR

Because he's so one footed he wanted to get it on his left foot rather than just take a swing with his right.

If he had a brain, he'd be worth 20 mil.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:50 - Dec 1 with 1546 viewsBklynRanger

I think it'll be the minority opinion to put it mildly, but I feel sorry for Warburton after that. Deserved to be out of sight by the time Brizzle scored, didn't put chances away, gave away a loose goal, then another.

Ok you can say he got out managed in the second half, doesn't have a plan B, all probably true, but to go from that first 40 mins to that at the end is gutting for everyone concerned.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:51 - Dec 1 with 1499 viewsRs_Holy

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:47 - Dec 1 by Superhoop83

That was the most QPR thing I have ever witnessed.

The second half was agony as we all knew exactly how it would pan out.

Surprisingly depressed, even after 42 years of this nonsense.

Have to disagree buddy the mostest QPR thing would have been Bristol Titty getting a third on the break in injury time... (but agree it was very predictable).
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:52 - Dec 1 with 1475 viewsBostonR

How many wasted points have we dropped since Warburton arrived? At a guess -20 plus? Unless he is able to fix that (he needs to be told) I don’t see what is the point in persevering with him. He needs a few 1-0 and 0-0 but he hasn’t got that in his locker.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:52 - Dec 1 with 1474 viewsR_from_afar

Many of us go on about our defensive frailties but our poor chance conversion rate is arguably more of an issue. We have to work on being more clinical. Have the odd dip from distance too.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:53 - Dec 1 with 1441 viewsstevec

Like I said before, we’re a social distancing team. Love knocking it around with time and space but as soon as teams get tight on us we go to pieces.

Warburton won’t ever change that.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:54 - Dec 1 with 1388 viewsdistortR

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:52 - Dec 1 by BostonR

How many wasted points have we dropped since Warburton arrived? At a guess -20 plus? Unless he is able to fix that (he needs to be told) I don’t see what is the point in persevering with him. He needs a few 1-0 and 0-0 but he hasn’t got that in his locker.

yeah, and we were doing so well before he came in.
What do you want? Karanka may well be available soon, we missed out on Pulis, natch.
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:54 - Dec 1 with 1375 viewskarl

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:35 - Dec 1 by Malintabuk

Friday was disappointing but this is so much worse. Warbs totally out thought here.......and he had no answer to their changes. Really poor management by him

Sometimes players have to take responsibility, BOS was electric 1st half and almost unplayable until his final ball.
They made the change to man mark him and he fell right out of the game, it was similar v Brentford for large parts of the game.
If he's truly Premier quality then he has to come up with solutions to this and not be one dimensional, the answer probably was to remove him and play the cleverer Adomah on the wing, imagine the uproar if MW did that at 2-1 down!
Buck stops with the manager but that team is coached to slide over and close down a winger after a long diagonal from deep, what happened was all too slow and allowed BC to have an easy chance to put the ball in a dangerous area, deflection was the tin hat on it.
Was it crap defending by a team who switched off too easily, yes absolutely but it was doing something against what they had been coached, very obviously.
Now MW has got to sort that out but really that's on field leadership that's missing to me, that's also ultimate responsibility of coach as he should be selecting a leader able to do that but at this moment I'm not going to hang him out to dry when so much of what he is coaching is working very well
Bristol City Match Fred on 21:54 - Dec 1 with 1370 viewsSuperhoop83

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:51 - Dec 1 by Rs_Holy

Have to disagree buddy the mostest QPR thing would have been Bristol Titty getting a third on the break in injury time... (but agree it was very predictable).

I was also waiting for that, to be honest.

Suffering since 1978.

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:55 - Dec 1 with 1353 viewspaulparker

Bristol City Match Fred on 21:48 - Dec 1 by distortR

mate, we did look like scoring again at 2-1 down, in fact we really should have.

Did you honestly think we would score ? Same as Friday when we went 2-1 down , we looked shot to me second half
If and a big if we have any funds in the bank we need a left back and a midfielder who stops play when we need it , you can still play expansive football but you need to do the sh1tty things as well and we look incapable of that
We cannot keep chucking points away

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024