Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans. 17:35 - Dec 5 with 58044 viewsPaddyhoops

They booed the players loudly as they took the knee.
What a classy bunch they are.
Millwall fans. on 18:30 - Dec 7 with 2199 viewsGloucs_R

Millwall fans. on 17:43 - Dec 7 by CiderwithRsie

It'd be a fantastic opportunity to get rid of Warrington, Bradford and Hull if they did. How much do they want to take 'em off our hands?

4 whippets and 6 meat pies?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Millwall fans. on 18:47 - Dec 7 with 2125 viewsDannytheR

Amazing to see we've gone from Chair and BOS - maybe, possibly, who knows - not looking for Dykes with the ball to the team's current downturn in form being due to a Marxist plot to make white people slaves.

I suppose it beats blaming it on an overcrowded fixture list.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 18:49]
Millwall fans. on 18:47 - Dec 7 with 2121 viewskensalriser

Millwall fans. on 17:57 - Dec 7 by CiderwithRsie

Weeeelll, I dunno. Are you willing to have all the Liverpool and MUFC fans, including the ones from Basingstoke? (In fact, especially them now I think about it).

Tell you what, if you take all the Home Counties Reds you can rename Yorkshire Puddings after Donegal. I can't say fairer than that.

Well I don't know about all that but I'd certainly be happy if we could get rid of Blackburn and Preston.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. on 20:38 - Dec 7 with 1886 viewsRangersw12

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-statement-millwall-v-qpr/

Both sets of players will link arms and hold up a banner also some players will take the knee
Millwall fans. on 20:53 - Dec 7 with 1822 viewsNed_Kennedys

Millwall fans. on 20:38 - Dec 7 by Rangersw12

Both sets of players will link arms and hold up a banner also some players will take the knee

Good move by the club: a clear unified message without forcing all the players to make a gesture which clearly some are not comfortable with.
Millwall fans. on 21:32 - Dec 7 with 1669 viewsqpr85

Millwall fans. on 10:08 - Dec 7 by WadR

Someone else has already addressed Trevor Phillips so will move on to the other stuff you say.

Critical Race Theory has become like 'woke' in the sense that right wing press and people, disingenuously, present it as the language of the white middle classes. Both are terms coined by black American academics.

Why is it for you to decide that BLM is the 'wrong kind of movement'?

I'd say mostly (this is a significant caveat, undoubtedly) peaceful protest is a lot less divisive than police brutality - George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Mark Duggan, Sara Read, Julian Cole, Dalian Atkinson and the institutional racism suffered by black people in this country. I truly don't understand how you can be more enraged by the existence of BLM and people taking a knee than people being murdered.

Because the moment you put race first, Black lives matter, you become a group that is segregated alienates any other race.

I know what that sounds like but it's true. The fact you make race a point you give it substance and make an issue out of that one particular thing. Add that to all the demonstrations that turned to riots, that included Anthony Joshua spouting about black people should only buy from black people reaffirms the segregation.

It doesn't so anything but separates black and white, and the fact that it has gone a movement, which you should be allowed to disagree with. To something that is either you are with us or against us feels very wrong and I can't be the only one who believes this?
Millwall fans. on 21:34 - Dec 7 with 1657 viewsqpr85

Millwall fans. on 10:55 - Dec 7 by daveB

I get that and understand why they are doing it and think it's become a token gesture which isn't changing anything but when you have some players doing it and others not it just looks bad. I'd rather they all did it or none of them. If some of the team feel strongly they should take the knee (and I assume they do as the same 4 players do it every week) then their team mates should support them and join in. The team look nowhere near as united as they did last season and I think this is part of that.

The whole political part of it has been imagined imo, footballers are clearly doing it for an end to racism, they've said that on multiple occasions.

Why do you HAVE to do it in support? I believe in my friends choice to be gay but I don't kiss other men in support of him
Millwall fans. on 21:35 - Dec 7 with 1651 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 20:53 - Dec 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Good move by the club: a clear unified message without forcing all the players to make a gesture which clearly some are not comfortable with.

I get your point, but isn’t this a forced gesture that player’s might not be comfortable with?

Do away with the whole thing, and actually put in some legislation that makes a change like a Rooney Rule or empty stadiums for racial abuse and put a forward thinking black ex player as high up the FA as you can.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans. on 21:46 - Dec 7 with 1602 viewsqpr85

Millwall fans. on 21:35 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I get your point, but isn’t this a forced gesture that player’s might not be comfortable with?

Do away with the whole thing, and actually put in some legislation that makes a change like a Rooney Rule or empty stadiums for racial abuse and put a forward thinking black ex player as high up the FA as you can.

This is the worst example of doing things right.

Put anyone in a high position that is capable not just because of the colour of their skin. It's mental anyone would think that is the way forward. There are plenty of people out there with the ability to do their job without having to sit there and wonder "am I only here because of the colour or my skin?"

Ask any person of colour if they feel comfortable being chosen for a picture for their company and being the only person of colour. They know its only to hit a quoter.

We need to be more inclusive but we can't just put people in roles because they are black or it devalues their achievement.
Millwall fans. on 21:50 - Dec 7 with 1581 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 21:46 - Dec 7 by qpr85

This is the worst example of doing things right.

Put anyone in a high position that is capable not just because of the colour of their skin. It's mental anyone would think that is the way forward. There are plenty of people out there with the ability to do their job without having to sit there and wonder "am I only here because of the colour or my skin?"

Ask any person of colour if they feel comfortable being chosen for a picture for their company and being the only person of colour. They know its only to hit a quoter.

We need to be more inclusive but we can't just put people in roles because they are black or it devalues their achievement.

Who gets a job because of the colour of their skin? I though the Rooney rule only guarantees a interview?
Millwall fans. on 22:01 - Dec 7 with 1537 viewsqpr85

Not what you said here fella
Millwall fans. on 22:07 - Dec 7 with 1518 viewsLythamR

Millwall fans. on 20:38 - Dec 7 by Rangersw12

Given that this linking arms thing is a change from what was previously reported it feels to me like there had been pushback by some QPR players on taking the knee for this fixture and this has been concocted as a compromise solution

Maybe its just me
Millwall fans. on 22:10 - Dec 7 with 1503 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 22:01 - Dec 7 by qpr85

Not what you said here fella

Ah, you mean the FA role?

If there is an issue of anti BAME racism in English football, why shouldn’t there be a BAME director with a remit over it?

I’m not talking about making a BAME person CEO or Chair for the sake of it, I’m talking about a specific directorship with oversight of the issue and power to instigate change. Proper power. Not an ambassadorship, or liaison role, a proper position with proper powers.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 22:12]
Millwall fans. on 22:11 - Dec 7 with 1503 viewsNed_Kennedys

“The two teams will hold aloft a banner to show their collective commitment towards ongoing efforts to rid the game of racism”

Assuming the banner states that racism is very wrong then I’d like to think that all the players are united behind this.
Millwall fans. on 22:13 - Dec 7 with 1492 viewsqpr85

Millwall fans. on 22:10 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ah, you mean the FA role?

If there is an issue of anti BAME racism in English football, why shouldn’t there be a BAME director with a remit over it?

I’m not talking about making a BAME person CEO or Chair for the sake of it, I’m talking about a specific directorship with oversight of the issue and power to instigate change. Proper power. Not an ambassadorship, or liaison role, a proper position with proper powers.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 22:12]

Name them then.

You act like your being progressive when in actual fact you're being the typical BLM supporter with no real answers and if someone questions you, you get on the defensive.

Just admit it, you don't actually have any answers to the issue you are just using sound bites to make yourself seem forward thinking
Millwall fans. on 22:22 - Dec 7 with 1459 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 22:13 - Dec 7 by qpr85

Name them then.

You act like your being progressive when in actual fact you're being the typical BLM supporter with no real answers and if someone questions you, you get on the defensive.

Just admit it, you don't actually have any answers to the issue you are just using sound bites to make yourself seem forward thinking

Genuinely confused, who do I need to name?
Millwall fans. on 22:25 - Dec 7 with 1446 viewsqpr85

Millwall fans. on 22:22 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Someone that can take that role.

You are the one that said a black man needs to be appointed in a high role in the FA thats forward thinking. But shouldn't be appointed just because of the colour of their skin. Then surely you have someone in mind.

Oh thats right you don't because you are just using soundbites and trying to make yourself sound uber woke 🤮🤮🤮
Millwall fans. on 22:26 - Dec 7 with 1436 viewsdistortR

Millwall fans. on 22:22 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Todd Unctious
Millwall fans. on 22:27 - Dec 7 with 1429 viewsQPR_Nippon

Millwall fans. on 22:07 - Dec 7 by LythamR

Given that this linking arms thing is a change from what was previously reported it feels to me like there had been pushback by some QPR players on taking the knee for this fixture and this has been concocted as a compromise solution

Maybe its just me

No idea where you could possibly have got that idea from!

It's not like anyone in the team has publicly and repeatedly expressed support for a proven racist and vehement oponent of the BLM movement, let alone someone with sway and influence like, say, the club captain!

Oh, wait

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHTIhs3jUHm/
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 22:29]
Millwall fans. on 22:28 - Dec 7 with 1426 viewsKonk

Not saying that linking arms and holding a banner isn't a good idea, but if I was the Millwall chairman, before the game I'd have Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder dressed-up as 1920's dockers, sitting round the old Joanna, belting-out "Ebony & Ivory" from the centre circle. Get Terry Hurlock and Danny Shi ttu on backing vocals, Les Briley on percussion, Marc Bircham on the didgeridoo, and have some young fans from both clubs doing numbers from West Side Story, Oklahoma, and Starlight Express. You'd have to be a right cu nt to boo that.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Millwall fans. on 22:32 - Dec 7 with 1412 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Millwall fans. on 22:07 - Dec 7 by LythamR

Maybe its just me

Well, it was the players who came to Warburton, he said, wanting to take the knee for this game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Millwall fans. on 22:35 - Dec 7 with 1391 viewsQPR_Nippon

Millwall fans. on 22:32 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, it was the players who came to Warburton, he said, wanting to take the knee for this game.

And then seemingly pushback from .... somewhere. Hmmm.

I could be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5, but the most plausible explanation can sometimes also be the correct one.
Millwall fans. on 22:43 - Dec 7 with 1362 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 22:25 - Dec 7 by qpr85

Someone that can take that role.

You are the one that said a black man needs to be appointed in a high role in the FA thats forward thinking. But shouldn't be appointed just because of the colour of their skin. Then surely you have someone in mind.

Oh thats right you don't because you are just using soundbites and trying to make yourself sound uber woke 🤮🤮🤮

Well, Sir Les for one.

But there are hundred of ex players who could do it.

- Has been the victim of racism
- Dealt with high profile and sensitive socials issues (Grenfell)
- Experience as player / coach / director
- Knows the industry inside out.

If you are worried about it looking like tokenism, maybe we could democratise the process. Plenty of organisations have a elected BAME director who have as much influence as a commercial Director or a operations Director.

Doesn’t have to be a BAME person to be honest they just need to be elected by BAME people. While we’re at it, get some representations for supporters on there too plus anyone else not currently represented.

At the very least speak to the people at the sharp end of the issue.

And as for looking like a progressive woke, even if that was true, what have I said that’s a bad idea?
Millwall fans. on 22:45 - Dec 7 with 1355 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 22:11 - Dec 7 by Ned_Kennedys

“The two teams will hold aloft a banner to show their collective commitment towards ongoing efforts to rid the game of racism”

Assuming the banner states that racism is very wrong then I’d like to think that all the players are united behind this.

I don’t see the difference between taking a knee and holding a banner to be honest. The whole thing is a farce.
Millwall fans. on 22:51 - Dec 7 with 1346 viewsdaveB

Millwall fans. on 21:34 - Dec 7 by qpr85

Why do you HAVE to do it in support? I believe in my friends choice to be gay but I don't kiss other men in support of him

I suppose going along those lines if one of our team was gay and wanted to wear a gay pride badge for example his team mates may want to say look I'm not gay but I support you and I'm going to stand with you so I'll wear it as well, they wouldn't have to kiss another man just show support. If some of our team feel they want to take the knee in support of racial equality then the whole team should support their teams mates and do it.

The way we are currently doing it and what is planned for tomorrow with only a few of the team doing it is ridiculous imo. The fact that it's only our white players not taking the knee as well makes me a bit uncomfortable to be honest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024