Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans. 17:35 - Dec 5 with 57797 viewsPaddyhoops

They booed the players loudly as they took the knee.
What a classy bunch they are.
Millwall fans. on 09:59 - Dec 7 with 2833 viewsterryb

Millwall fans. on 20:15 - Dec 5 by St_Pollock

My black friends and colleagues all say the same thing, 'white privalage is nonsense'.

If you're between 18 and 30 and white travelling in a group to football you'll occasionally be stopped by the Police as most hooligans fall within that demographic.

If you're between 18 and 30 and a black male you'll be stopped more often than others because most street crime is committed by people who look like you.

The Police use excessive force against white football fans every week and excessive force on occasions on black youths.

It's tough, it's life.

Do you know of any white mnan in his 30's that drives a company BMW that is stopped for a spot check?

No, I don't either, but I do know a black man in his 30's that drives a company BMW who can't remember the last year that he wasn't stopped at least once a month. He regards it as a bonus if it is only once a month!
Millwall fans. on 10:08 - Dec 7 with 2793 viewsWadR

Millwall fans. on 22:13 - Dec 6 by qpr85

The problem with BLM and it shows in this thread, full 6 pages, that it is a movement but it's the wrong kind.

It is mainly middle class white people who believe in the b0llocks that is critical race theory.

BLM has become/is a fascist movement. It had created an us and them mentality which is the exact opposite to what we really need to stop racism. Its a shame that if anyone thinks this they will be shot down as racist. Maybe the working class just understand that not making a big deal of the colour of someone's skin may actually stop all this nonsense 🤷🤷

Someone else has already addressed Trevor Phillips so will move on to the other stuff you say.

Critical Race Theory has become like 'woke' in the sense that right wing press and people, disingenuously, present it as the language of the white middle classes. Both are terms coined by black American academics.

Why is it for you to decide that BLM is the 'wrong kind of movement'?

I'd say mostly (this is a significant caveat, undoubtedly) peaceful protest is a lot less divisive than police brutality - George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Mark Duggan, Sara Read, Julian Cole, Dalian Atkinson and the institutional racism suffered by black people in this country. I truly don't understand how you can be more enraged by the existence of BLM and people taking a knee than people being murdered.
Millwall fans. on 10:12 - Dec 7 with 2782 viewsactonman

As I thought , we will be getting down on the knee to appease millwall to spite their fans regardless of our stance on the subject.

May as well get on both knees and take it up the rear end as this just shows the soft roll over attitude of the club .

Fcuk millwall, fcuk their fans , that’s their problem !
Millwall fans. on 10:39 - Dec 7 with 2719 viewsSnipper

Millwall fans. on 09:54 - Dec 7 by daveB

I look at us now with half the team taking the knee and half not and think we look bloody stupid, either all do it or all don't do it.

Nobody should be forced to take the knee, or not take the knee if they don’t want to. So you saying that all should do it is wrong.

In my opinion, I’d say a decent percentage of players don’t want to take the knee. That’s not saying that they don’t agree with anti racism, but it’s become very politicised and I’d say they just want to play football.
Millwall fans. on 10:55 - Dec 7 with 2660 viewsdaveB

Millwall fans. on 10:39 - Dec 7 by Snipper

Nobody should be forced to take the knee, or not take the knee if they don’t want to. So you saying that all should do it is wrong.

In my opinion, I’d say a decent percentage of players don’t want to take the knee. That’s not saying that they don’t agree with anti racism, but it’s become very politicised and I’d say they just want to play football.

I get that and understand why they are doing it and think it's become a token gesture which isn't changing anything but when you have some players doing it and others not it just looks bad. I'd rather they all did it or none of them. If some of the team feel strongly they should take the knee (and I assume they do as the same 4 players do it every week) then their team mates should support them and join in. The team look nowhere near as united as they did last season and I think this is part of that.

The whole political part of it has been imagined imo, footballers are clearly doing it for an end to racism, they've said that on multiple occasions.
Millwall fans. on 10:56 - Dec 7 with 2653 viewsWatford_Ranger

Millwall fans. on 10:12 - Dec 7 by actonman

As I thought , we will be getting down on the knee to appease millwall to spite their fans regardless of our stance on the subject.

May as well get on both knees and take it up the rear end as this just shows the soft roll over attitude of the club .

Fcuk millwall, fcuk their fans , that’s their problem !

It’s not to appease Millwall at all.

Honestly if it’s that big a deal just don’t watch for those five seconds.
Millwall fans. on 11:00 - Dec 7 with 2641 viewsJuzzie

Millwall players could send a simple message to their fans prior to tomorrow's game......

"If you boo us taking the knee we will stand still after kick off and allow the opposition to score."

..... we'd still lose though but my point is serious.
Millwall fans. on 11:15 - Dec 7 with 2596 viewsactonman

Millwall fans. on 10:56 - Dec 7 by Watford_Ranger

It’s not to appease Millwall at all.

Honestly if it’s that big a deal just don’t watch for those five seconds.

Yes it is ! Got nothing to do with solidarity etc , whatever your opinion on players taking the knee or not is irrelevant . We will put them in a difficult position with their fans when we turn up not kneeling while they do so to keep everyone happy including sky , we are going to be Hippocrates and do as we are told .

As I said , not our problem ,
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans. on 11:32 - Dec 7 with 2537 viewsHayesender

Millwall fans. on 09:54 - Dec 7 by daveB

I look at us now with half the team taking the knee and half not and think we look bloody stupid, either all do it or all don't do it.

I actually wonder if this is causing divisions within the squad?It's already been noted elsewhere that BOS and Chair seem to have a problem with Dykes

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Millwall fans. on 11:38 - Dec 7 with 2515 viewsdaveB

Millwall fans. on 11:32 - Dec 7 by Hayesender

I actually wonder if this is causing divisions within the squad?It's already been noted elsewhere that BOS and Chair seem to have a problem with Dykes

it's not gonna bring much team unity is it
Millwall fans. on 11:40 - Dec 7 with 2505 viewskensalriser

Millwall fans. on 09:01 - Dec 7 by Hayesender

"The white man will not be our equal, but our slave. History is changing"

"No justice, no peace"

That's a qoute from one of the BLM leaders, yet apparently the racist one's are those that oppose this violent far left racist organisation!

Source?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. on 12:02 - Dec 7 with 2429 viewsLongsufferingR

Millwall fans. on 11:32 - Dec 7 by Hayesender

Same thought occurred to me but then why would they particularly have a problem with Dykes and not Carroll or Cameron?
Millwall fans. on 12:02 - Dec 7 with 2415 viewsSharpy36

Millwall fans. on 11:40 - Dec 7 by kensalriser

Source?

It`s a tweet from the now suspended twitter account of Sasha johnson. Do your own research regarding that toxic individual.

https://www.facebook.com/107700274381370/posts/this-is-sasha-johnson-she-is-a-bl

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Millwall fans. on 12:34 - Dec 7 with 2306 viewsderbyhoop

I thought taking the knee was a largely meaningless gesture when compared to the steps QPR have taken to really support black people in the game.
However, Millwall's actions on Saturday show that there is still room for a gesture - even if it's 2 fingers to the idiots in the crowd.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Millwall fans. on 12:42 - Dec 7 with 2270 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Millwall fans. on 12:34 - Dec 7 by derbyhoop

I thought taking the knee was a largely meaningless gesture when compared to the steps QPR have taken to really support black people in the game.
However, Millwall's actions on Saturday show that there is still room for a gesture - even if it's 2 fingers to the idiots in the crowd.

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Millwall fans. on 12:50 - Dec 7 with 2243 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bang on the money.

No hope of the players unfurling a big banner with "Eff You, Millwall scumbags" on, I suppose?
Millwall fans. on 13:09 - Dec 7 with 2163 viewsSouthCoastR

100%

Cannot leave any room for those thinking that QPR didn't take the knee previously because they didn't agree with the cause
Millwall fans. on 13:15 - Dec 7 with 2139 viewsNorthernr

Yeh agreed. Totally agreed with what Les said earlier in the season, and big flashy gestures that look good for the television cameras over action always irk me anyway, but it's clear that a certain section of people are latching onto us not doing it and using it to further a cause which couldn't be any further away from what Ferdinand and QPR have been trying to say and do, so it's right to make that point tomorrow.

Absolute mess though. And really sad. 2020 for goodness sake, and still this sht going round and round.
Millwall fans. on 13:31 - Dec 7 with 2062 viewsSuperhoop83

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/07/qpr-to-take-the-knee-at-millwal

Good on them!

Suffering since 1978.

Millwall fans. on 13:33 - Dec 7 with 2053 viewsKonk

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/07/qpr-to-take-the-knee-at-millwal

“In light of certain events, we’ll stand solidly behind the cause and our players will take a knee,” Warburton said. “Tomorrow night we will show solidarity because we will not tolerate any form of discrimination. It’s the right thing to do, everyone can see that. The players have come to me and told me their thoughts and I absolutely agree with them.”

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Millwall fans. on 13:47 - Dec 7 with 2003 viewstidydarts

Millwall fans. on 12:02 - Dec 7 by Sharpy36

It`s a tweet from the now suspended twitter account of Sasha johnson. Do your own research regarding that toxic individual.

https://www.facebook.com/107700274381370/posts/this-is-sasha-johnson-she-is-a-bl

Yeah this looks like a legit source, thanks for flagging this, really really important work, well done you
Millwall fans. on 13:54 - Dec 7 with 1965 viewsSharpy36

Millwall fans. on 13:47 - Dec 7 by tidydarts

Yeah this looks like a legit source, thanks for flagging this, really really important work, well done you

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Millwall fans. on 13:59 - Dec 7 with 1937 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

All the best people getting involved as usual.

I’m sure those condemning ‘politics interfering with football’ will have something to say:

Millwall fans. on 14:15 - Dec 7 with 1877 viewsHayesender

Millwall fans. on 13:59 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

All the best people getting involved as usual.

I’m sure those condemning ‘politics interfering with football’ will have something to say:

Yes that's right, those of us who disagree with the defacing of our history are members of Goldings cronies

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Millwall fans. on 14:19 - Dec 7 with 1861 viewsloftboy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55213641

Dangerous precedent when you don’t have many fans to begin with!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024