Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans. 17:35 - Dec 5 with 56509 viewsPaddyhoops

They booed the players loudly as they took the knee.
What a classy bunch they are.
Millwall fans. on 17:19 - Dec 6 with 2933 viewsjohncharles

Millwall fans. on 15:34 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Anton didn't hear anything during the match and even shook Terry's hand at the full time whistle.

Someone - who I would question how sad their life must be - phoned the Police to report a crime and thousands of pounds were spent investigating words which someone may or may not have said and which no-one heard.

Ashley Cole - rightly or wrongly - gave Terry a character witness statement and denied hearing anything and was subsequently subjected to racism (which calling someone a 'choc ice' and worse is).

Terry was found not guilty but subsequently, rightly or wrongly, lost the England captaincy and, in turn, this cost us a good manager.

Throughout the whole process Anton was subjected to horrendous racism which highlighted a significant problem with Social Media.

Anton's documentary rightfully highlighted the horrendous abuse he received on social media but also allowed revisionism which forgot that he had already had a questionable career in 2011 - and was most of our fanbase had a low opinion of him prior to THAT match - and allowed him to pretend that the incident made his career spiral downwards.

That's less clear cut than the mantra says...

You’re having a dig at someone reporting a crime ? 🤔

Strong and stable my arse.

Millwall fans. on 17:35 - Dec 6 with 2886 viewsdutch

Millwall fans. on 16:31 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

I'm not sure you can, or should, equate someone shouting abuse at a woman with an alleged off the cuff comment that Terry may or may not have said.

I'm not sure Terry's alleged abuse would realistically have the potential to turn someone into a far-right terrorist either to be honest.

Stripped of all the emotion that emerged partly because of the "rivalry" we have with Chelsea (in inverted speech marks as I really find it quite embarrassing how some get about this fabricated nonsense) don't you find it at all bizarre that the state wasted thousands of pounds investigating something Anton Ferdinand went on record as saying he never heard in the first place?

If you had been here throughout the 70s and 80s when Chelsea were Nazi saluting their way along Loftus Road and insulting every back player on every team including their own, (ask Paul Cannoville) and attacking small kids, you would understand my personal hatred for that disgraceful club. Then when their hero, captain, racially insults one of our players you are angry with the person who reports that scumbag. You should be ashamed of yourself. As should those Millwall fans yesterday. I am a proud anti-fascist, as was my dad who worked on building sites in Ladbroke Grove and drove out Moseleys blackshirts, and we were both proud lifelong QPR fans, who always thought those two went together.
Millwall fans. on 17:40 - Dec 6 with 2860 viewsGloucs_R

For those who like to understand what's going on from both sides....

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/12/06/the-millwall-revolt/

Poll: Are we staying up?

Millwall fans. on 17:42 - Dec 6 with 2852 viewsdutch

Since when did Marxist become a term of abuse? Does believing in a more equal and fair society with an economic system based on co-operation rather than competition make me a criminal? And Spiked is hardly a neutral voice in all this, a rabidly right wing platform for Trump loving loons.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 17:46]
Millwall fans. on 17:49 - Dec 6 with 2815 viewsjoe90

Millwall fans. on 17:05 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Some have honestly started protesting the 10 GB song and some petitioned the FA to have anyone caught singing it banned...

We had a few Asian lads who travelled with us in the 80s who would always sing 'Glad to be a ... than a Scouse' they were having a laugh with their mates and if they were subjected to REAL racist abuse than we would have laid into the perpetrators.

You would want fans to have criminal records for singing a song?

Times have moved on and it's moved on for the better. i don't think there's a place in football for the banter your talking about.
Millwall fans. on 17:50 - Dec 6 with 2813 viewsNorthernr

Millwall fans. on 15:34 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Anton didn't hear anything during the match and even shook Terry's hand at the full time whistle.

Someone - who I would question how sad their life must be - phoned the Police to report a crime and thousands of pounds were spent investigating words which someone may or may not have said and which no-one heard.

Ashley Cole - rightly or wrongly - gave Terry a character witness statement and denied hearing anything and was subsequently subjected to racism (which calling someone a 'choc ice' and worse is).

Terry was found not guilty but subsequently, rightly or wrongly, lost the England captaincy and, in turn, this cost us a good manager.

Throughout the whole process Anton was subjected to horrendous racism which highlighted a significant problem with Social Media.

Anton's documentary rightfully highlighted the horrendous abuse he received on social media but also allowed revisionism which forgot that he had already had a questionable career in 2011 - and was most of our fanbase had a low opinion of him prior to THAT match - and allowed him to pretend that the incident made his career spiral downwards.

That's less clear cut than the mantra says...

While I'm coming to understand from this thread that you're on some higher intellectual plane than the rest of us, and your opinion is the Gospel truth which cannot be questioned, and those who disagree are silly little liberals who don't know how the world works, may I be so brave as to suggest you may be guilty of a little "revisionism" yourself there?

We played Chelsea on October 23, Anton's first game for us was only a month before that on September 12 against Newcastle. We kept a clean sheet there, and against Wolves the game after, and against Chelsea in what was only his sixth appearance for the club. Admitedly there was a thrashing at Fulham in there but we only lost one of his first six matches here and I certainly don't recall any particularly low opinions of him at that point. Actually, despite reservations about him at West Ham and Sunderland, my recollection is that we were quite surprised by how well he was playing up to and including that Chelsea match, where I think without checking back he got an 8 or a 9 in the match report. Not something we give out often. A low opinion of him after six appearances, two wins, three draws and three clean sheets as a newly promoted team in the Premier League? Doesn't seem very likely to me, nor how I remember it at the time.

Anyway, I'll probably take Neil Warnock's opinion on that one over yours. Unless Neil is some "lefty twonk" or "snowflake" who'd explode into a thousand pieces if he was ever subjected to a game pre-1991 as well?
Millwall fans. on 17:52 - Dec 6 with 2802 viewsPaddyhoops

Getting the feeling now I wish I hadn't started this thread.
Regardless of whether or not you believe in the BLM movement or not.
I still believe sometimes its best to keep your feelings yourself , which is what these Millwall fans should have done.
I'm pretty sure the black players involved would have been hurt by the actions of the Millwall fans and that's not right.
In life, sadly we have nasty white people, nasty black people, nasty Asian people.
Thankfully we have decent people of all races.
Just not enough at the moment sadly!
Millwall fans. on 17:57 - Dec 6 with 2771 viewsNorthernr

Millwall fans. on 17:52 - Dec 6 by Paddyhoops

I still believe sometimes its best to keep your feelings yourself , which is what these Millwall fans should have done.
I'm pretty sure the black players involved would have been hurt by the actions of the Millwall fans and that's not right.
In life, sadly we have nasty white people, nasty black people, nasty Asian people.

Yes I'm getting that feeling as well. Utterly bleak read.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans. on 18:02 - Dec 6 with 2737 viewsPhilmyRs

Millwall fans. on 17:50 - Dec 6 by Northernr

While I'm coming to understand from this thread that you're on some higher intellectual plane than the rest of us, and your opinion is the Gospel truth which cannot be questioned, and those who disagree are silly little liberals who don't know how the world works, may I be so brave as to suggest you may be guilty of a little "revisionism" yourself there?

We played Chelsea on October 23, Anton's first game for us was only a month before that on September 12 against Newcastle. We kept a clean sheet there, and against Wolves the game after, and against Chelsea in what was only his sixth appearance for the club. Admitedly there was a thrashing at Fulham in there but we only lost one of his first six matches here and I certainly don't recall any particularly low opinions of him at that point. Actually, despite reservations about him at West Ham and Sunderland, my recollection is that we were quite surprised by how well he was playing up to and including that Chelsea match, where I think without checking back he got an 8 or a 9 in the match report. Not something we give out often. A low opinion of him after six appearances, two wins, three draws and three clean sheets as a newly promoted team in the Premier League? Doesn't seem very likely to me, nor how I remember it at the time.

Anyway, I'll probably take Neil Warnock's opinion on that one over yours. Unless Neil is some "lefty twonk" or "snowflake" who'd explode into a thousand pieces if he was ever subjected to a game pre-1991 as well?

To back this up, my early impressions of Anton were overwhelmingly positive. Quick, seemed to read the game better than I remembered and wasn’t too shabby with the ball at his his feet. By the end of his time with us I thought he was sh*t, but certainly not in his early days and there could well be a link with that Chelsea game and the abuse he suffered, not so much during the game but the ramifications afterwards, and his drop in form.
Millwall fans. on 18:04 - Dec 6 with 2719 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 18:02 - Dec 6 by PhilmyRs

To back this up, my early impressions of Anton were overwhelmingly positive. Quick, seemed to read the game better than I remembered and wasn’t too shabby with the ball at his his feet. By the end of his time with us I thought he was sh*t, but certainly not in his early days and there could well be a link with that Chelsea game and the abuse he suffered, not so much during the game but the ramifications afterwards, and his drop in form.

I thought he was a shithouse, but that shouldn’t devalue his experience of being sent bullets in the post.
Millwall fans. on 18:17 - Dec 6 with 2658 viewsPhilmyRs

Millwall fans. on 18:04 - Dec 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought he was a shithouse, but that shouldn’t devalue his experience of being sent bullets in the post.

I did too...by the end and before he signed but early games with us he looked quite decent and as mentioned MOTM from memory on this site a couple of times.
Millwall fans. on 18:30 - Dec 6 with 2605 viewsParkRoyalR

Millwall fans. on 17:35 - Dec 6 by dutch

If you had been here throughout the 70s and 80s when Chelsea were Nazi saluting their way along Loftus Road and insulting every back player on every team including their own, (ask Paul Cannoville) and attacking small kids, you would understand my personal hatred for that disgraceful club. Then when their hero, captain, racially insults one of our players you are angry with the person who reports that scumbag. You should be ashamed of yourself. As should those Millwall fans yesterday. I am a proud anti-fascist, as was my dad who worked on building sites in Ladbroke Grove and drove out Moseleys blackshirts, and we were both proud lifelong QPR fans, who always thought those two went together.

Still cant recall why but I was at Highbury in the early 80's for the visit of Chelsea on their first season back in the old First Division.

They had spent the previous few seasons setting fire to beach huts and wrecking provincial towns so no doubt thought it would be business as usual as they mainlined their way from Outer London and the Home Counties into North London.

Dutch, as a proud anti-fascist you would have appreciated the Moseley type response from the locals in Islington and surrounds, of all colours and creeds.

And yes Paul Canonville played, and his own fans, within touching distance, gave him dogs abuse every time he took their corners at the Clock End. The Good Old Days for some apparently.

The abuse Canonville got that day is the main reason I have no time for Pat Nevin, played in that team with those fans, kept his head down and is still an apologist for their club and recent similar incidents.
Millwall fans. on 18:40 - Dec 6 with 2572 viewsjoe90

I think there's something to be said about the virtue signalling we're subjected to at football, it's debatable whether or not Millwall were wrong to boo, there's also legitmit questions to be asked about the credibility of BLM, but perhaps thing we should focus our attention on is why the players feel the need to take the knee.
Millwall fans. on 18:49 - Dec 6 with 2538 viewsBoston

I wouldn't critic you nor should you yourself for the thread, it is after all one that concerns the game of football at every kick off in the country. I would like however, to point to out that in this post you recommend that one point of view on the subject should refrain itself from being expressed. As uncomfortable as it may sound, this really isn't a solution, the question that immediately rises is, why are others not censured, what if booing breaks out at stadiums all around the country, are only those with a certain opinion allowed access to vent their thoughts?
Surely off field discussion is more appropriate than causing rifts at what is supposed to be sporting entertainment.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Millwall fans. on 19:02 - Dec 6 with 2497 viewskensalriser

Millwall fans. on 16:28 - Dec 6 by CLAREMAN1995

You must be kidding me there stevec its exactly the other way around and if you live in America (maybe you do )you should know that .
BLM was built up on a lie after Ferguson MI in 2014 .Hands up dont shoot was a lie back then and it still is today.Mike Ferguson charged the cop and his DNA was found inside the car when after a life and death struggle he was gunned down.3 separate investigations cleared the cop whose life was ruined and himself and his family are still in hiding today.
Fast forward to June 2020 in Chicago .A police foot pursuit took place with a gun toting felon who turned and fired the entire clip at police ,wounding one before he met his maker .
A rumour spread on social media it was an unarmed teen ,the entire neighbourhood decended forced the police out by violence's and then the real fun statred.
Well organized gangs of black youths headed downtown in convoys and proceeded to loot at will destroying everything in their path on the Mag mile all in the name of BLM.
One of the organisers a prominent BLM leader said live on tv they encourage destruction of business and the rioting and looting is just reparation's for slavery so it will go on .
Nobody gave one thought to the families whose business were destroyed twice this year quiet a few who were back btw and begged the civic leaders and ministers to intervene but it was too late .
Bullying and intimidation by whites did you say Steve you might want to look again

Those damn blacks eh. Just can't stop themselves.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. on 19:31 - Dec 6 with 2431 viewsBoston

Millwall fans. on 19:02 - Dec 6 by kensalriser

Those damn blacks eh. Just can't stop themselves.

It's gone around the world and accepted as fact...but Mr Clareman would be correct, 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot', is fiction. Why few are aware is not the fault of the populace, for they only ingest what the media report.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Millwall fans. on 20:10 - Dec 6 with 2345 viewsloftboy

He also got the assist for Cisses goal against Stoke which effectively kept us up.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Millwall fans. on 20:25 - Dec 6 with 2302 viewsBrixtonR

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/mahlon-romeo-angry-and-hurt-by-those-millwall-fan
Millwall fans. on 20:26 - Dec 6 with 2297 viewskensalriser

Millwall fans. on 19:31 - Dec 6 by Boston

It's gone around the world and accepted as fact...but Mr Clareman would be correct, 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot', is fiction. Why few are aware is not the fault of the populace, for they only ingest what the media report.

It's just diversionary bs that sounds as though it's cribbed from a far-right/racist misinformation source.

We've all seen the videos of George Floyd and others chased and shot in the back by police. And I kind of doubt all the millions of people who've protested this year are just imagining racism.

Anyway I'm out of this thread. I really don't come on LfW to read all kinds of scandalous racist bollocks.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. on 20:29 - Dec 6 with 2282 viewsaston_hoop

I notice from his first post on this board earlier in the year, St_Pollock is 42 years old, so he would have been a young child in the 80s. I'm too young to have attended games in the 80s, but tell me some of that stuff is just him mis-remembering things from his childhood.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Millwall fans. on 21:41 - Dec 6 with 2117 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 17:35 - Dec 6 by dutch

"I am a proud anti-fascist, as was my dad ...and we were both proud lifelong QPR fans, who always thought those two went together."

Ah, the old QPR are left wing, Chelsea, right wing myth...

Sorry to disappoint you but it was never like that. We have always had a fine mixture of opinions at Loftus Road ranging from far-right to far-left with everything in between... The only thing we ever agreed on was politics had no place at Loftus Road.

Many Rs and Chelsea fans used to attend each others matches too and a lot of families in West London had divided loyalties.
Millwall fans. on 21:44 - Dec 6 with 2115 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 20:29 - Dec 6 by aston_hoop

I notice from his first post on this board earlier in the year, St_Pollock is 42 years old, so he would have been a young child in the 80s. I'm too young to have attended games in the 80s, but tell me some of that stuff is just him mis-remembering things from his childhood.

Slightly older now but was regularly attending matches from the early 1980s and know/knew almost every significant face from that period to the extent that most came to my parents wedding and the Old Bill even popped by to say hello...

These come from good sources if I didn't personally witness them..
Millwall fans. on 21:49 - Dec 6 with 2098 viewsdigswellhoop

take the knees done as says sir let and I agree as with clap the NHS its run its course just as I dont clap doesnt mean I forget them
Millwall fans. on 21:49 - Dec 6 with 2096 viewsSt_Pollock

To be honest, I gave up going for the most part during the 'Boutique' years and left it to those who didn't mind us selling our souls quicker than a desperate whore drops her knickers for a score so I can only go on what I was told by people who still went. The opinion he was awful/poor/inadequate when he signed was the consensus and it didn't differ much.

If you and friends shared a different opinion to mine than we'll have to disagree.
Millwall fans. on 22:03 - Dec 6 with 2049 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 18:30 - Dec 6 by ParkRoyalR

Still cant recall why but I was at Highbury in the early 80's for the visit of Chelsea on their first season back in the old First Division.

They had spent the previous few seasons setting fire to beach huts and wrecking provincial towns so no doubt thought it would be business as usual as they mainlined their way from Outer London and the Home Counties into North London.

Dutch, as a proud anti-fascist you would have appreciated the Moseley type response from the locals in Islington and surrounds, of all colours and creeds.

And yes Paul Canonville played, and his own fans, within touching distance, gave him dogs abuse every time he took their corners at the Clock End. The Good Old Days for some apparently.

The abuse Canonville got that day is the main reason I have no time for Pat Nevin, played in that team with those fans, kept his head down and is still an apologist for their club and recent similar incidents.

1984 that was and Chelsea took the p*** all day at Highbury.

Take a look at the footage on You Tube at how many they had in the ground (easily 20k+) and, though not questioning your experience, have never read anything in any Arsenal account which contradicts the opinion that Chelsea ran riot that day and faced no/little resistance.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 22:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024