Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans. 17:35 - Dec 5 with 56494 viewsPaddyhoops

They booed the players loudly as they took the knee.
What a classy bunch they are.
Millwall fans. on 15:22 - Dec 6 with 2317 viewsRangersw12

Millwall fans. on 15:04 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

The agreed Mantra being that the Anton Ferdinand situation was aa clear cut as some proclaim.

I think it was clear that Terry said what he said and it seems to be clear that Ferdinand was hung out to dry by the authorities
Millwall fans. on 15:31 - Dec 6 with 2279 viewsBoston

Millwall fans. on 15:00 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Booing players because they aren't white is crossing a line.

Booing a gesture which, rightly or wrongly, has become synonymous with a Marxist group and a movement which saw advocates destroying statues and monuments and attempting to set fire to a flag on the most holy secular site in the country, The Cenotaph, is not crossing a line.

I'm honestly amazed that people are surprised that this has happened and will happen frequently.

I had noticed that those lines were white.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Millwall fans. on 15:31 - Dec 6 with 2260 viewsSharpy36

Simpler times...

https://timeline.com/british-soccer-players-give-nazi-salute-1cc5a50ea451

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Millwall fans. on 15:34 - Dec 6 with 2257 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 15:22 - Dec 6 by Rangersw12

I think it was clear that Terry said what he said and it seems to be clear that Ferdinand was hung out to dry by the authorities

Anton didn't hear anything during the match and even shook Terry's hand at the full time whistle.

Someone - who I would question how sad their life must be - phoned the Police to report a crime and thousands of pounds were spent investigating words which someone may or may not have said and which no-one heard.

Ashley Cole - rightly or wrongly - gave Terry a character witness statement and denied hearing anything and was subsequently subjected to racism (which calling someone a 'choc ice' and worse is).

Terry was found not guilty but subsequently, rightly or wrongly, lost the England captaincy and, in turn, this cost us a good manager.

Throughout the whole process Anton was subjected to horrendous racism which highlighted a significant problem with Social Media.

Anton's documentary rightfully highlighted the horrendous abuse he received on social media but also allowed revisionism which forgot that he had already had a questionable career in 2011 - and was most of our fanbase had a low opinion of him prior to THAT match - and allowed him to pretend that the incident made his career spiral downwards.

That's less clear cut than the mantra says...
Millwall fans. on 15:35 - Dec 6 with 2251 viewsjoe90

Millwall fans. on 14:41 - Dec 6 by LythamR

"booing the players for taking the knee isn't crossing that line."

Where is the line then? if its that clear to you can you point it out to me?

The line is when they're actually racist like when they played Everton in the cup a few years ago. I'd rather not repeat what they sang but it was about not wanting to be from Liverpool.
Millwall fans. on 15:36 - Dec 6 with 2249 viewsflynnbo

Millwall fans. on 15:34 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Anton didn't hear anything during the match and even shook Terry's hand at the full time whistle.

Someone - who I would question how sad their life must be - phoned the Police to report a crime and thousands of pounds were spent investigating words which someone may or may not have said and which no-one heard.

Ashley Cole - rightly or wrongly - gave Terry a character witness statement and denied hearing anything and was subsequently subjected to racism (which calling someone a 'choc ice' and worse is).

Terry was found not guilty but subsequently, rightly or wrongly, lost the England captaincy and, in turn, this cost us a good manager.

Throughout the whole process Anton was subjected to horrendous racism which highlighted a significant problem with Social Media.

Anton's documentary rightfully highlighted the horrendous abuse he received on social media but also allowed revisionism which forgot that he had already had a questionable career in 2011 - and was most of our fanbase had a low opinion of him prior to THAT match - and allowed him to pretend that the incident made his career spiral downwards.

That's less clear cut than the mantra says...

Why would they be sad to report what they believed to be a race hate crime?
Millwall fans. on 15:43 - Dec 6 with 2215 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 15:36 - Dec 6 by flynnbo

Why would they be sad to report what they believed to be a race hate crime?

Because its words mate.

Series of letters on a page/screen or noises from someone's mouth.

How sad does your life has to be to lip read someone and report them to the Police when there are people being murdered, raped and subjected to terrorist plots and attacks?

The sad sod who called the Police should have left it to the FA if Anton reported it.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 15:43]
Millwall fans. on 15:49 - Dec 6 with 2182 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 15:43 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Because its words mate.

How sad does your life has to be to lip read someone and report them to the Police when there are people being murdered, raped and subjected to terrorist plots and attacks?

The sad sod who called the Police should have left it to the FA if Anton reported it.

By the way and for the record, if Anton had heard what Terry said and reported it to the Police I would have no problem with it.

That someone was sat on their sofa and decided to call the Police on his behalf is where my problem lies... It almost goes back to the post Clive deleted above where I said that most black friends and colleagues I speak to have little time for middle-class whites speaking on their behalf.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans. on 15:56 - Dec 6 with 2155 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 15:35 - Dec 6 by joe90

The line is when they're actually racist like when they played Everton in the cup a few years ago. I'd rather not repeat what they sang but it was about not wanting to be from Liverpool.

The song that we sung all throughout the 80s and 90s?

The song that we sang en masse by Cardiff Castle in 2003 but replacing Scouse with Taff?

Is this guy racist?

Question, are you offended by the Ten German Bombers song that the German fans were singing WITH us in Berlin in 2016?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 15:57]
Millwall fans. on 16:19 - Dec 6 with 2071 viewsSt_Pollock

For those who may be interested in a more nuanced statement...

https://www.millwallsupportersclub.co.uk/post/statement-millwall-v-derby-county
Millwall fans. on 16:20 - Dec 6 with 2076 viewsGuppy

Millwall fans. on 15:43 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Because its words mate.

But surely words are where it all starts - a terrorist doesnt wake up one day and decide to blow up something - hes fed words beforehand to make him think that way likewise murderers rapists etc read stuff that makes them act
Would it be a sad sod who calls the police because he sees a guy shouting/insulting/belittling a woman as they are only words but could lead onto domestic abuse?
The pen is mightier than the sword. Edward Bulwer-Lytton 1839
Millwall fans. on 16:20 - Dec 6 with 2065 viewsrsonist

Millwall fans. on 16:28 - Dec 6 with 2039 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Millwall fans. on 08:14 - Dec 6 by stevec

That is absolutely scandalous but entirely predictable, there’s been incidents of bullying and intimidation along those lines in the US though, it has to be said, largely by whites of a certain political persuasion.

I wonder if most black people hate the whites who exploit this situation for their own ends more than anything else.

You must be kidding me there stevec its exactly the other way around and if you live in America (maybe you do )you should know that .
BLM was built up on a lie after Ferguson MI in 2014 .Hands up dont shoot was a lie back then and it still is today.Mike Ferguson charged the cop and his DNA was found inside the car when after a life and death struggle he was gunned down.3 separate investigations cleared the cop whose life was ruined and himself and his family are still in hiding today.
Fast forward to June 2020 in Chicago .A police foot pursuit took place with a gun toting felon who turned and fired the entire clip at police ,wounding one before he met his maker .
A rumour spread on social media it was an unarmed teen ,the entire neighbourhood decended forced the police out by violence's and then the real fun statred.
Well organized gangs of black youths headed downtown in convoys and proceeded to loot at will destroying everything in their path on the Mag mile all in the name of BLM.
One of the organisers a prominent BLM leader said live on tv they encourage destruction of business and the rioting and looting is just reparation's for slavery so it will go on .
Nobody gave one thought to the families whose business were destroyed twice this year quiet a few who were back btw and begged the civic leaders and ministers to intervene but it was too late .
Bullying and intimidation by whites did you say Steve you might want to look again
Millwall fans. on 16:31 - Dec 6 with 2026 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 16:20 - Dec 6 by Guppy

But surely words are where it all starts - a terrorist doesnt wake up one day and decide to blow up something - hes fed words beforehand to make him think that way likewise murderers rapists etc read stuff that makes them act
Would it be a sad sod who calls the police because he sees a guy shouting/insulting/belittling a woman as they are only words but could lead onto domestic abuse?
The pen is mightier than the sword. Edward Bulwer-Lytton 1839

I'm not sure you can, or should, equate someone shouting abuse at a woman with an alleged off the cuff comment that Terry may or may not have said.

I'm not sure Terry's alleged abuse would realistically have the potential to turn someone into a far-right terrorist either to be honest.

Stripped of all the emotion that emerged partly because of the "rivalry" we have with Chelsea (in inverted speech marks as I really find it quite embarrassing how some get about this fabricated nonsense) don't you find it at all bizarre that the state wasted thousands of pounds investigating something Anton Ferdinand went on record as saying he never heard in the first place?
Millwall fans. on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 2017 viewsParkRoyalR

Millwall fans. on 15:56 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

The song that we sang en masse by Cardiff Castle in 2003 but replacing Scouse with Taff?

Is this guy racist?

Question, are you offended by the Ten German Bombers song that the German fans were singing WITH us in Berlin in 2016?

Yes, and mentally unwell.

Its also very sad that to ingratiate himself with his fellow fans he chooses to denigrate himself and their rivals in this way.

Very sad and a poor point of reference.
Millwall fans. on 16:39 - Dec 6 with 1996 viewstidydarts

Is this guy racist?

Yes, all those are racist, next
Millwall fans. on 16:40 - Dec 6 with 1980 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 16:28 - Dec 6 by CLAREMAN1995

You must be kidding me there stevec its exactly the other way around and if you live in America (maybe you do )you should know that .
BLM was built up on a lie after Ferguson MI in 2014 .Hands up dont shoot was a lie back then and it still is today.Mike Ferguson charged the cop and his DNA was found inside the car when after a life and death struggle he was gunned down.3 separate investigations cleared the cop whose life was ruined and himself and his family are still in hiding today.
Fast forward to June 2020 in Chicago .A police foot pursuit took place with a gun toting felon who turned and fired the entire clip at police ,wounding one before he met his maker .
A rumour spread on social media it was an unarmed teen ,the entire neighbourhood decended forced the police out by violence's and then the real fun statred.
Well organized gangs of black youths headed downtown in convoys and proceeded to loot at will destroying everything in their path on the Mag mile all in the name of BLM.
One of the organisers a prominent BLM leader said live on tv they encourage destruction of business and the rioting and looting is just reparation's for slavery so it will go on .
Nobody gave one thought to the families whose business were destroyed twice this year quiet a few who were back btw and begged the civic leaders and ministers to intervene but it was too late .
Bullying and intimidation by whites did you say Steve you might want to look again

On a slight tangent but similar vein, in 2011 when the London riots occurred the left leaning media praised the actions of the Greek, Turkish and Sikh communities who defended their areas but condemned the working class whites doing so as racist...

Such in-balance results in action like yesterday eventually because only one side of the story is listened to and if you don't subscribe to the mantra you're tarnished by the white middle-class liberals.
Millwall fans. on 16:43 - Dec 6 with 1971 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 16:39 - Dec 6 by tidydarts

Yes, all those are racist, next

You would have hated football in the 80s mate

What's your opinion on one of the most prominent black faces from that era (DH) calling Cyril Regis a big black c^^^ all game from the Paddock and everyone laughing?
Millwall fans. on 16:48 - Dec 6 with 1964 viewstidydarts

Millwall fans. on 16:43 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

What's your opinion on one of the most prominent black faces from that era (DH) calling Cyril Regis a big black c^^^ all game from the Paddock and everyone laughing?

The mental gymnastics involved in you trying to justify racism because "it happened in the 80s and we were fine with it" is astounding.
Millwall fans. on 16:52 - Dec 6 with 1935 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 16:48 - Dec 6 by tidydarts

The mental gymnastics involved in you trying to justify racism because "it happened in the 80s and we were fine with it" is astounding.

Ha ha, one of the leading black faces and members of C-Mob was a racist for having a laugh!!!

That'll make a few old timers who know who I'm talking about laugh!

Thanks for the chuckle x
Millwall fans. on 16:53 - Dec 6 with 1932 viewsParkRoyalR

Millwall fans. on 16:43 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

It proves how overtly racist football was in the 80's that people needed to use humour to feel part of the crowd, similar to that clip you posted.

I'm sure DH would feel embarrassed today to be reminded of abusing such a top fella as Cyril Regis, who was a local lad, and a superb role model for many.

Given this and his very sad and untimely passing, a real poor reference point and in really poor taste.
Millwall fans. on 16:57 - Dec 6 with 1918 viewsjoe90

Is this guy racist?

I never sang any of the songs you mentioned so let's have less of the 'we'.

Is this guy racist? Don't know. Is he stupid and offensive, yes. It's like when black people use the N word, it's idiotic. You can't reclaim something that's never been yours.

The Cardif song is offensive, I've never sang it. If the authorities came down on our fans for singing it I wouldn't have a problem with it. Is it racist? I don't think so, others may disagree.

10 German bombers isn't applicable. If you think it is then you don't understand racism.
Millwall fans. on 16:59 - Dec 6 with 1899 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 16:53 - Dec 6 by ParkRoyalR

It proves how overtly racist football was in the 80's that people needed to use humour to feel part of the crowd, similar to that clip you posted.

I'm sure DH would feel embarrassed today to be reminded of abusing such a top fella as Cyril Regis, who was a local lad, and a superb role model for many.

Given this and his very sad and untimely passing, a real poor reference point and in really poor taste.

'Needed to feel part of the crowd'!

You clearly have no idea who I'm talking about!

Even Regis was laughing you muppet!!!

Honestly, don't try and project your snowflake concepts about this backwards to an era you clearly know little about and will only make yourself look daft trying to do so.
Millwall fans. on 17:05 - Dec 6 with 1855 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 16:57 - Dec 6 by joe90

I never sang any of the songs you mentioned so let's have less of the 'we'.

Is this guy racist? Don't know. Is he stupid and offensive, yes. It's like when black people use the N word, it's idiotic. You can't reclaim something that's never been yours.

The Cardif song is offensive, I've never sang it. If the authorities came down on our fans for singing it I wouldn't have a problem with it. Is it racist? I don't think so, others may disagree.

10 German bombers isn't applicable. If you think it is then you don't understand racism.

Some have honestly started protesting the 10 GB song and some petitioned the FA to have anyone caught singing it banned...

We had a few Asian lads who travelled with us in the 80s who would always sing 'Glad to be a ... than a Scouse' they were having a laugh with their mates and if they were subjected to REAL racist abuse than we would have laid into the perpetrators.

You would want fans to have criminal records for singing a song?
Millwall fans. on 17:14 - Dec 6 with 1818 viewsParkRoyalR

Millwall fans. on 16:59 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

'Needed to feel part of the crowd'!

You clearly have no idea who I'm talking about!

Even Regis was laughing you muppet!!!

Honestly, don't try and project your snowflake concepts about this backwards to an era you clearly know little about and will only make yourself look daft trying to do so.

I stood in The Paddock in the 80's, knew most of the characters you are referring to (MM, LS, BH etc), don't recall this incident (or anything similar if I'm honest) but would be surprised if Cyrille Regis was 'laughing' as don't recalled him being too chuffed about a banana being thrown at him at Highbury in 81/82.

I am definately not a 'snowflake' as you say and still think both your examples are in really poor taste and offensive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024