Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans. 17:35 - Dec 5 with 56511 viewsPaddyhoops

They booed the players loudly as they took the knee.
What a classy bunch they are.
Millwall fans. on 22:40 - Dec 5 with 2593 viewsqprd

Millwall fans. on 19:40 - Dec 5 by qpr_1968

its exactly the point i made about it running its course, black fellows i work with are embarrassed by it all.
les ferdinand was right to stop it and backed it up why he did.
our club, qpr, are 100% behind anti racism and proved that throughout the club, players, managers, stadium name, ray jones etc.
there are different ways which deals with anti racism, the knee seems to be causing a divide.
time to drop it.

Do you genuinely sincerely believe millwall fans are booing bc they believe the gesture has run its course and is divisive?

Come on, man, live in the real world, and acknowledge for what it is .... it’s incredibly disingenuous to try to dignify it as something else other than millwall being racist scum...
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 22:45]
Millwall fans. on 22:45 - Dec 5 with 2571 viewsqpr_1968

Millwall fans. on 22:40 - Dec 5 by qprd

Do you genuinely sincerely believe millwall fans are booing bc they believe the gesture has run its course and is divisive?

Come on, man, live in the real world, and acknowledge for what it is .... it’s incredibly disingenuous to try to dignify it as something else other than millwall being racist scum...
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 22:45]

what are you on about.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Millwall fans. on 22:53 - Dec 5 with 2540 viewsstowmarketrange

Did the Chelshite also boo the players taking the knee?They didn’t show it at the start of the highlights clip,but they’ve always shown it before in every game they’ve covered since the protest started?
I didn’t watch the game live so I can’t comment,but it’s seems strange if motd decided not to show the players taking a knee.
They didn’t show it from the city game either and there were no fans there to boo,so maybe motd is being selective in not showing any of them except the first game on.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 23:13]
Millwall fans. on 22:58 - Dec 5 with 2524 viewsGloryHunter

Millwall fans. on 22:53 - Dec 5 by stowmarketrange

Did the Chelshite also boo the players taking the knee?They didn’t show it at the start of the highlights clip,but they’ve always shown it before in every game they’ve covered since the protest started?
I didn’t watch the game live so I can’t comment,but it’s seems strange if motd decided not to show the players taking a knee.
They didn’t show it from the city game either and there were no fans there to boo,so maybe motd is being selective in not showing any of them except the first game on.

MOTD cut off the West Ham fans booing after about a quarter of a second, and the commentator didn't refer to it.

Still, could have been worse - imagine if there had been fans in the grounds when they tried to have a minute's silence or applause for Maradona last weekend - that might have started a diplomatic incident.
Millwall fans. on 23:01 - Dec 5 with 2508 viewskensalriser

Millwall fans. on 21:00 - Dec 5 by ManinBlack

I have to agree with you on this. There are white and black folk who are all working class with no privileges living together with no issues. The UK has always been about class and the media, politicians, celebs and others on enormous incomes don't like the working class. In my view these people are really the racists stirring up this discontent to turn us against each other and it appears to be working.

I have looked in on Millwall threads and fans up and down the country are applauding them because they are sick of the virtue signalling whilst they have been away from the stadiums. I really don't believe this taking the knee would have lasted this long with grounds full of fans. Many of them believe that football should stay out of politics.

I am fed up of Sky because every time they show the goals they mention and show the teams taking the knee as a highlight of the game. The BLM party want to abolish the police but if there are no police there will be no football so think on that.

Typical FA condemning Millwall fans when they have done little for decades to improve the lot of people with black skin in regards to football. It is actions that are required not words or gimmicks as Les rightly says.

Are you sure there's a BLM party?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. (n/t) on 23:37 - Dec 5 with 2403 viewsqprxtc

[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 8:26]
Millwall fans. on 23:37 - Dec 5 with 2395 viewsManinBlack

Whatever you want to call the BLM they are political whether they are a movement, party or whatever they want to describe themselves as.

With politics rammed down our throats all week it is good to escape it for 90 minutes watching a game. What many fans don't want is seeing their football clubs getting involved in politics.
Millwall fans. on 23:41 - Dec 5 with 2388 viewsqpr_1968

Millwall fans. on 23:37 - Dec 5 by ManinBlack

Whatever you want to call the BLM they are political whether they are a movement, party or whatever they want to describe themselves as.

With politics rammed down our throats all week it is good to escape it for 90 minutes watching a game. What many fans don't want is seeing their football clubs getting involved in politics.

if only, but your absolutely right.

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans. on 00:30 - Dec 6 with 2306 viewsqpr_1968

Millwall fans. on 22:53 - Dec 5 by stowmarketrange

stow, the chelsea fans were told on the tannoy not to boo.
they politely clapped instead.

Millwall fans. on 00:48 - Dec 6 with 2280 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Millwall fans. on 00:30 - Dec 6 by qpr_1968

After the QPR humiliating display I walked the dog had lunch and settled down to watch Chelsea V Leeds and thoroughly enjoyed the first 45 minutes .It was brilliant stuff including 2 great goals and without question the miss of the season (not so far but right up until May )by Werner who is incredible IMO.
Chelsea dominated the second half and despite the hatred for them on here are a huge threat to win the PL with that squad .
I did not hear any booing but having 2000 fans was a huge lift to them so hopefully it will help us next home game we need it so badly
Millwall fans. on 00:52 - Dec 6 with 2271 viewsqpr_1968

Millwall fans. on 00:48 - Dec 6 by CLAREMAN1995

After the QPR humiliating display I walked the dog had lunch and settled down to watch Chelsea V Leeds and thoroughly enjoyed the first 45 minutes .It was brilliant stuff including 2 great goals and without question the miss of the season (not so far but right up until May )by Werner who is incredible IMO.
Chelsea dominated the second half and despite the hatred for them on here are a huge threat to win the PL with that squad .
I did not hear any booing but having 2000 fans was a huge lift to them so hopefully it will help us next home game we need it so badly

would give anything to be at the next home game.
have never missed not going to a game since 1967.

Millwall fans. (n/t) on 00:55 - Dec 6 with 2272 viewsqprxtc

[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 8:27]
Millwall fans. on 00:57 - Dec 6 with 2265 viewsqpr_1968

Millwall fans. on 00:52 - Dec 6 by qpr_1968

would give anything to be at the next home game.
have never missed not going to a game since 1967.

i'll rephrase that.....
not a season has past since 1967 have i not attented qpr matches.
miss it passionately.

Millwall fans. on 01:05 - Dec 6 with 2260 viewstimcocking

Taking a fcuking knee. What a fcuking joke.
Millwall fans. on 02:05 - Dec 6 with 2232 viewsDavieQPR

Only the Left Winger will take the knee.
Millwall fans. on 03:15 - Dec 6 with 2213 viewsJigsore

we've taken for granted Millwall fans couldn't attend games during this pandemic. every cloud.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Millwall fans. on 04:01 - Dec 6 with 2205 viewsSydneyRs

Taking the knee lasts less than 10 seconds and can easily be ignored. Not all players do it. If you don't like it why not just ignore it?

It wasn't just booing from the Millwall lot, there was a lot of stuff being shouted very aggressively. Nobody should try and sugar coat it as some sort of considered response about politics. It was pure racial hatred, just listen to the clip. And no surprise from that lot.
Millwall fans. on 05:39 - Dec 6 with 2175 viewsstowmarketrange

Millwall fans. on 00:30 - Dec 6 by qpr_1968

Cheers mate.I think it might be coming to an end of it then if the bbc decide not to show players taking the knee,and some fans show their feelings about it.Do other countries still do it before games,or is it still just us doing it?

I also think that it wouldn’t have lasted this long if fans had been allowed in stadiums earlier than now.But I don’t have any strong feelings about it myself,but it does seem to have run its course now.But how do the FA and the premier league get out of the situation now?
Will the blame fans booing,or just admit that it’s time to end it?
Millwall fans. on 07:05 - Dec 6 with 2121 viewsGloucs_R

What has taking the knee actually achieved in the UK, other than creating more division?

My uncle lives in Manhattan. He was forced out of his car, forced to take a knee and forced to raise his fist. All in fear of his life. He was only driving to work and got caught up in a protest.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 7:19]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Millwall fans. on 07:57 - Dec 6 with 2069 viewsRanger_Things

Millwall fans. on 18:19 - Dec 5 by Sharpy36

Twitters exploded

If only. The world would be a much better place.
Millwall fans. on 08:01 - Dec 6 with 2060 viewsbollockchops

if SKY are so WOKE,how come when im watching their news channel and theres a sport update and a presenter slides up to give us the latest,
its never male,
its never tiny tim in a wheelchair
its never anyone of afro caribbean origin

its always white female page 3 (cough) stunna
Millwall fans. on 08:06 - Dec 6 with 2048 viewsWatford_Ranger

Millwall fans. on 08:01 - Dec 6 by bollockchops

if SKY are so WOKE,how come when im watching their news channel and theres a sport update and a presenter slides up to give us the latest,
its never male,
its never tiny tim in a wheelchair
its never anyone of afro caribbean origin

its always white female page 3 (cough) stunna

Which Sky News are you watching?
Millwall fans. on 08:14 - Dec 6 with 2042 viewsstevec

Millwall fans. on 07:05 - Dec 6 by Gloucs_R

What has taking the knee actually achieved in the UK, other than creating more division?

My uncle lives in Manhattan. He was forced out of his car, forced to take a knee and forced to raise his fist. All in fear of his life. He was only driving to work and got caught up in a protest.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 7:19]

That is absolutely scandalous but entirely predictable, there’s been incidents of bullying and intimidation along those lines in the US though, it has to be said, largely by whites of a certain political persuasion.

I wonder if most black people hate the whites who exploit this situation for their own ends more than anything else.
Millwall fans. on 08:24 - Dec 6 with 2024 viewsdaveB

I thought the booing was inevitable once fans came back, will happen at QPR next week as well judging by what a lot of our fans say on twitter. The whole BLM doesn't seem to have gone down well in this country for a variety of reasons and has sadly caused more division that I think was intended. The statement by Millwall before the game saying what they are kneeling for was very good and should have stopped this but fell on deaf ears.
Millwall fans. on 08:48 - Dec 6 with 1977 viewsGloucs_R

Millwall fans. on 08:14 - Dec 6 by stevec

That is absolutely scandalous but entirely predictable, there’s been incidents of bullying and intimidation along those lines in the US though, it has to be said, largely by whites of a certain political persuasion.

I wonder if most black people hate the whites who exploit this situation for their own ends more than anything else.

Well his girlfriend is American Korean but he was on his own. 50s, white, short hair (as he's losing it) and was one of only a few people told to get out of their car by a mob. Interestingly though, he said it wasn't just black people in the mob... He said the most vocal were the manly lesbian types. Very aggressive and loud.

Fair to say he sh1t himself and did what he was told.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024