Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans. 17:35 - Dec 5 with 56493 viewsPaddyhoops

They booed the players loudly as they took the knee.
What a classy bunch they are.
Millwall fans. on 12:19 - Dec 6 with 2296 viewsDannyPaddox

Millwall fans. on 20:19 - Dec 5 by Konk

The idea of “White privilege” isn’t that every white person has four butlers, went to Elton and had Lobster for tea every night, but that white people In the UK (and elsewhere) won’t be judged, with generally unconscious negative assumptions made, every time they walk down the street, walk into a meeting, a classroom, Get stopped by the old bill, try and get into a bar with a group of mates, go to look at a flat etc. Chatting with black mates and colleagues, there are loads of situations where they feel judged negatively before they’ve even opened their mouth. As a white bloke with a working class London accent, I’ve been very conscious of being judged at work, parties, various shops/restaurants etc, but at least I have to open my gob before that happens.

Probably not for me to say, but I actually think it’s time to stop the mandatory kneeling - it’s almost performative in many respects, and becomes less powerful with each passing week. A bit like the NHS clap. If players want to continue doing it independently, then more power to them. Once you get to a stage where the sort of twa ts who bowl around at FLA meet-ups are competing with other clubs to see how loudly they can boo it to show their “chap/lad” credentials then it just becomes a mess.

To be honest, from what I've heard, I'm quite glad I never went to Elton.
Millwall fans. on 12:40 - Dec 6 with 2255 viewsNorthernr

Millwall fans. on 10:42 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

Why are posts mentioning Flo Lloyd Hughes being removed?

If she's happy to express her opinions on this at every opportunity on a public platform we should have the rights to discuss her on here.

She has turned herself into a public QPR '' personality' so we should not avoid discussing her just because some admin are friends with her.

Because I'm not providing a platform for you to abuse and call another QPR supporter names because you disagree with her point of view. Does she need some big brave soul calling her playground names from behind the anonymity of a message board name? No, and I'm not having it.

People have sat here and listened to your point of view, put very forcefully in multiple posts across three pages now, and not once has anybody been abusive, called you a name, started an argument, no matter how much they may disagree with you. You can extend that same courtesy to everybody else please.
Millwall fans. on 12:52 - Dec 6 with 2198 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 12:40 - Dec 6 by Northernr

Because I'm not providing a platform for you to abuse and call another QPR supporter names because you disagree with her point of view. Does she need some big brave soul calling her playground names from behind the anonymity of a message board name? No, and I'm not having it.

People have sat here and listened to your point of view, put very forcefully in multiple posts across three pages now, and not once has anybody been abusive, called you a name, started an argument, no matter how much they may disagree with you. You can extend that same courtesy to everybody else please.

I called her a twonk... Hardly abuse, is it?

She's a 'QPR celebrity' who expresses controversial views about QPR fans and I doubt you remove posts expressing less polite views about Michael Gove who is also a QPR fan...
Millwall fans. on 12:56 - Dec 6 with 2195 viewsNorthernr

Millwall fans. on 12:52 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

I called her a twonk... Hardly abuse, is it?

She's a 'QPR celebrity' who expresses controversial views about QPR fans and I doubt you remove posts expressing less polite views about Michael Gove who is also a QPR fan...

She is not a "QPR celebrity". Just repeat those words back to yourself and realise how utterly ridiculous that concept is. She is a QPR fan whose job involves her being on podcasts, which nobody is forced to listen to.

I'm not having her abused on here. She neither deserves nor warrants the horrendous public dragging she gets on the internet and as I'm in control of this little corner of it I will continue to delete posts about her.

If you don't like it, please feel free to take your business elsewhere.
Millwall fans. on 13:16 - Dec 6 with 2137 viewsPaddyhoops

Millwall fans. on 11:00 - Dec 6 by GloryHunter

A Government Minister says he respects the Millwall fans:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/millwall-fans-who-booed-players-ta

He said he couldn't hear it. F**King laughable.
🙈🙉🙊.
I wonder did his cabinet colleague Pritti Patel hear the vile anti asian chanting last year. Probably not!!
Millwall fans. on 13:23 - Dec 6 with 2103 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 12:56 - Dec 6 by Northernr

She is not a "QPR celebrity". Just repeat those words back to yourself and realise how utterly ridiculous that concept is. She is a QPR fan whose job involves her being on podcasts, which nobody is forced to listen to.

I'm not having her abused on here. She neither deserves nor warrants the horrendous public dragging she gets on the internet and as I'm in control of this little corner of it I will continue to delete posts about her.

If you don't like it, please feel free to take your business elsewhere.

She's your friend and you're always going to take her side which is right and fair..

I only hope that, as a friend, you have advised her to think before she posts as some of the criticism - though not always the manner it has been expressed - is fair, just and self inflicted.

I won't refrain from critising opinions she expresses if they are ridiculous/controversial and I won't refrain from drawing attention to them but will try to avoid what you may consider an insult.

Whether you or she likes it she is a 'QPR Celebrity' (and she set out to become one) and her opinions expressed on a public platform will and should be scrutinised, debated and, if ridiculous, mocked.
Millwall fans. on 13:25 - Dec 6 with 2101 viewsflynnbo

Will be interesting on Tuesday night with the "knee taking" for both sides what with it being shown live on Sky.at Millwall. Maybe they'll just cut to an advert instead!!
Millwall fans. on 13:35 - Dec 6 with 2050 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paid up member of the Flo Floyd Hughes fan club here.

If I ever have a daughter who wants to play football or falls in love with QPR her journey will be made easier by people like her.

If she's reading this, keep it up!
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans. on 13:56 - Dec 6 with 1986 viewsManinBlack

Millwall fans. on 13:25 - Dec 6 by flynnbo

Will be interesting on Tuesday night with the "knee taking" for both sides what with it being shown live on Sky.at Millwall. Maybe they'll just cut to an advert instead!!

Am I right in thinking we didn't make the gesture yesterday?
Millwall fans. on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 1979 viewsNorthernr

Millwall fans. on 13:56 - Dec 6 by ManinBlack

Some of ours do and some of ours don't. I'd be interested to know how Bright, who makes a point of doing it and putting his arm in the air, feels about QPR's approach to it. I'm also amazed no journalist has put our opposition to it together with our captain's political beliefs and made a story about it.

Tuesday is a PR disaster waiting to happen. Live on Sky too. Both clubs need to get their heads together on Monday and think about how we're going to deal with it. I would suspect they'll ditch it and not bother at all, or you run the risk of half the players kneeling, half of them not, and the Millwall fans who booed yesterday cheering the QPR players. It'll get messy.
Millwall fans. on 14:00 - Dec 6 with 1978 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 13:56 - Dec 6 by ManinBlack

Some did, some didn’t.
Millwall fans. on 14:12 - Dec 6 with 1930 viewsLongsufferingR

Millwall fans. on 13:59 - Dec 6 by Northernr

Some of ours do and some of ours don't. I'd be interested to know how Bright, who makes a point of doing it and putting his arm in the air, feels about QPR's approach to it. I'm also amazed no journalist has put our opposition to it together with our captain's political beliefs and made a story about it.

Tuesday is a PR disaster waiting to happen. Live on Sky too. Both clubs need to get their heads together on Monday and think about how we're going to deal with it. I would suspect they'll ditch it and not bother at all, or you run the risk of half the players kneeling, half of them not, and the Millwall fans who booed yesterday cheering the QPR players. It'll get messy.

and if they ditch it now, they will be accused of giving in to the boo boys. Can't win really.
Millwall fans. on 14:16 - Dec 6 with 1894 viewskensalriser

from the blacklivesmatter uk website:

WE WELCOME ALL - We stand together across the globe to change the world, we kneel together in peace and solidarity asserting black people is treated as equals to white people. It is a human right to receive racial equality, social and criminal justice in the societies we live and to receive parity as full citizens of the country and as a united nation.

We are a non-political, non-partisan, non-violence platform. Some content published on our website may have limited political content by the very nature of a country state governed and under a system of democracy. We operate in a humanitarian capacity and concern before all else.

We are not operating as a member of nor connected with any political party.

Disclaimer: We are NEITHER associated or affiliated with @ukblm, recently registered (Sep 2020) with FCA under the name 'Black Liberation Movement UK' nor are will affiliated to BLM USA and or any other political group, party here in the UK or abroad.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. on 14:18 - Dec 6 with 1887 viewskensalriser

Lastly, how sad to see some of the opinions expressed here not one week after Anton Ferdinand's documentary.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. on 14:19 - Dec 6 with 1883 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall fans. on 14:16 - Dec 6 by kensalriser

from the blacklivesmatter uk website:

WE WELCOME ALL - We stand together across the globe to change the world, we kneel together in peace and solidarity asserting black people is treated as equals to white people. It is a human right to receive racial equality, social and criminal justice in the societies we live and to receive parity as full citizens of the country and as a united nation.

We are a non-political, non-partisan, non-violence platform. Some content published on our website may have limited political content by the very nature of a country state governed and under a system of democracy. We operate in a humanitarian capacity and concern before all else.

We are not operating as a member of nor connected with any political party.

Disclaimer: We are NEITHER associated or affiliated with @ukblm, recently registered (Sep 2020) with FCA under the name 'Black Liberation Movement UK' nor are will affiliated to BLM USA and or any other political group, party here in the UK or abroad.

Where is the bit about MaRxIsM?
Millwall fans. on 14:23 - Dec 6 with 1873 viewsflynnbo

Millwall fans. on 14:19 - Dec 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Where is the bit about MaRxIsM?

A certain Mr. Farage referred to it in a tweet yesterday about Millwall.
Millwall fans. on 14:25 - Dec 6 with 1872 viewsjoe90

Like with all things of this nature it spirals out of control into a never ending pit of outrage. People need a bit of back bone and stop being so soft. Being booed at Millwall is hardly an achievement, just take a few moments to read a thread on one of their forums and see how they talk about their own fans, it bloody hilarious!

I don't support BLM but that doesn't mean I'm not anti racist. BLM don't own anti racism. I don't go to football to preached at, and the institutions that govern the game are in no position to preach. You're never going to sanitise the football expeirence, but there is a clear line that shouldn't be crossed...booing the players for taking the knee isn't crossing that line.
Millwall fans. on 14:41 - Dec 6 with 1837 viewsLythamR

Millwall fans. on 14:25 - Dec 6 by joe90

Like with all things of this nature it spirals out of control into a never ending pit of outrage. People need a bit of back bone and stop being so soft. Being booed at Millwall is hardly an achievement, just take a few moments to read a thread on one of their forums and see how they talk about their own fans, it bloody hilarious!

I don't support BLM but that doesn't mean I'm not anti racist. BLM don't own anti racism. I don't go to football to preached at, and the institutions that govern the game are in no position to preach. You're never going to sanitise the football expeirence, but there is a clear line that shouldn't be crossed...booing the players for taking the knee isn't crossing that line.

"booing the players for taking the knee isn't crossing that line."

Where is the line then? if its that clear to you can you point it out to me?
Millwall fans. on 14:46 - Dec 6 with 1826 viewsdm97

Millwall fans. on 13:59 - Dec 6 by Northernr

After the way Les came out against it, would be surprised if we suddenly change our position for another club? Either way a lose-lose situation; don’t change get battered by the media or change and get battered by some of your own fan base
Millwall fans. on 14:52 - Dec 6 with 1796 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 14:18 - Dec 6 by kensalriser

Lastly, how sad to see some of the opinions expressed here not one week after Anton Ferdinand's documentary.

My opinions won't change because a rubbish footballer who didn't hear anything on the pitch suffered abuse from racist idiots on social media.

As I have said before and will again now, too many QPR fans feel they need to follow the agreed mantra but I won't.
Millwall fans. on 14:54 - Dec 6 with 1795 viewsWatford_Ranger

Millwall fans. on 11:00 - Dec 6 by GloryHunter

A Government Minister says he respects the Millwall fans:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/millwall-fans-who-booed-players-ta

Can’t be upsetting your newly acquired voters.
Millwall fans. on 14:56 - Dec 6 with 1784 viewsaston_hoop

The view from a black Millwall player

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/mahlon-romeo-angry-and-hurt-by-those-millwall-fan

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Millwall fans. on 15:00 - Dec 6 with 1756 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 14:41 - Dec 6 by LythamR

"booing the players for taking the knee isn't crossing that line."

Where is the line then? if its that clear to you can you point it out to me?

Booing players because they aren't white is crossing a line.

Booing a gesture which, rightly or wrongly, has become synonymous with a Marxist group and a movement which saw advocates destroying statues and monuments and attempting to set fire to a flag on the most holy secular site in the country, The Cenotaph, is not crossing a line.

I'm honestly amazed that people are surprised that this has happened and will happen frequently.
Millwall fans. on 15:01 - Dec 6 with 1756 viewsRangersw12

Millwall fans. on 14:52 - Dec 6 by St_Pollock

My opinions won't change because a rubbish footballer who didn't hear anything on the pitch suffered abuse from racist idiots on social media.

As I have said before and will again now, too many QPR fans feel they need to follow the agreed mantra but I won't.

The agreed mantra that there should be racial equality?
Millwall fans. on 15:04 - Dec 6 with 1739 viewsSt_Pollock

Millwall fans. on 15:01 - Dec 6 by Rangersw12

The agreed mantra that there should be racial equality?

The agreed Mantra being that the Anton Ferdinand situation was aa clear cut as some proclaim.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024