Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 66016 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 17:26 - Jan 31 with 3161 viewsOldPedro

January transfers thread on 17:00 - Jan 31 by karl

Yes, bizarre.
I haven't followed them but has McKenna (from Aberdeen) the centre back been getting games?

Stats on Forest, squad, number of appearances etc

https://www.espn.com/soccer/team/squad/_/id/393/nottingham-forest

Looks like McKenna has 14 starts

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

January transfers thread on 18:38 - Jan 31 with 2999 viewsdistortR

January transfers thread on 16:47 - Jan 31 by Northernr

Move to Forest and you basically deserve everything you get. It's clear now, it's there for all to see. They're trying to pay up and jettison players they were crawling over hot coals to sign just five months ago. You go there you're going for money and money alone, you have no ambition to win anything or even to play any football.

To be fair to Cummins, he moved to Forest in 2017.

Nakhi at Brizzle - when he's hot he's hot, when he's not he really isn't. I wouldn't have been happy us paying £5m for him, particularly given his age.
January transfers thread on 18:55 - Jan 31 with 2908 viewsaston_hoop

Preston centre back Ben Davies is joining......Liverpool! 2 million quid

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January transfers thread on 18:58 - Jan 31 with 2890 viewsBAWHoops

January transfers thread on 16:33 - Jan 31 by Northernr

Not sure it belongs on here really but Nahki Wells is taking an absolute pasting from Bristol City fans. Linked with Assombalonga and Jutkiewicz.

Swear every time I look he's scored for them, yet upon closer inspection he's scored 6 in 29.

So now they've got a 30 year old on £30k a week with 2 years left on his contract and no longer needed that they paid £4m for.

Was an utterly bonkers signing at the time and still is

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

January transfers thread on 19:18 - Jan 31 with 2828 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 18:58 - Jan 31 by BAWHoops

Swear every time I look he's scored for them, yet upon closer inspection he's scored 6 in 29.

So now they've got a 30 year old on £30k a week with 2 years left on his contract and no longer needed that they paid £4m for.

Was an utterly bonkers signing at the time and still is

A signing they never would have made on January 1, made at enormous expense, with a three and a half year contract, 30 days later because he hit a purple patch for us. And there are still those who say we were idiots for not matching their deal and keeping him.
January transfers thread on 19:21 - Jan 31 with 2818 viewsHarbour

January transfers thread on 19:18 - Jan 31 by Northernr

A signing they never would have made on January 1, made at enormous expense, with a three and a half year contract, 30 days later because he hit a purple patch for us. And there are still those who say we were idiots for not matching their deal and keeping him.

I recall brizzle city fans singing to us at LR “Nanki Wells he thinks your shit” seems like he is not to enamoured with life at City...looks like an an expensive mistake now for them.
January transfers thread on 19:32 - Jan 31 with 2773 viewscyprusmel

Jordan Hugill 4 goals in 21 played 0 assists

Eze ?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 19:33]
January transfers thread on 19:33 - Jan 31 with 2766 viewsCroydonCaptJack

January transfers thread on 19:32 - Jan 31 by cyprusmel

Jordan Hugill 4 goals in 21 played 0 assists

Eze ?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 19:33]

And two of them were last week I think
Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 21:32 - Jan 31 with 2488 viewsNorthernr

Boro swallowing a £12m loss on Assombalonga, offloading to Bristol City.

Aden Flint going to PNE to replace Davies who’s gone to Liverpool.
January transfers thread on 22:49 - Jan 31 with 2338 viewsnumptydumpty

Well as you say idiots that wanted Wells here - I would have been one of them - he was happy here and could have made a difference for us that season - ie we may have had an opportunity to get in the play offs with Bright, Eze, Chair. Hugill and Wells.

But just because he has not worked out at Bristol City does not neccessarily mean he would not have performed for us

I felt that season had lot of promise and was shame from my perspective anyway we could not have held onto him.

What is it that happens to QPR players that leave our club and turn into dust !!!!

Happens a lot ie they never perform as they seemed to here !!!

Bermuda triangle type conundrum...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January transfers thread on 09:28 - Feb 1 with 2092 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Comment on the BBC footie 'live' bit:

---------

QPR director of football Les Ferdinand said: "You can't get out and watch any players.

"Brexit has taken a lot of countries off the radar for us, but we wouldn't have been doing a lot of deals anyway. We are not 100% sure of what the rules are."
January transfers thread on 09:32 - Feb 1 with 2077 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 22:49 - Jan 31 by numptydumpty

Well as you say idiots that wanted Wells here - I would have been one of them - he was happy here and could have made a difference for us that season - ie we may have had an opportunity to get in the play offs with Bright, Eze, Chair. Hugill and Wells.

But just because he has not worked out at Bristol City does not neccessarily mean he would not have performed for us

I felt that season had lot of promise and was shame from my perspective anyway we could not have held onto him.

What is it that happens to QPR players that leave our club and turn into dust !!!!

Happens a lot ie they never perform as they seemed to here !!!

Bermuda triangle type conundrum...

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved him to stay, and would have him back.
What I'm saying is a three and a half year deal for a 30-year-old, a transfer fee for a player out of contract in the summer, we were right to say no to that. City are now lumbered with that deal.
January transfers thread on 09:42 - Feb 1 with 2031 viewskarl

January transfers thread on 09:32 - Feb 1 by Northernr

What I'm saying is a three and a half year deal for a 30-year-old, a transfer fee for a player out of contract in the summer, we were right to say no to that. City are now lumbered with that deal.

I'm taking this info off a Hibs website but apparently there's a 2nd team been looking at Nisbet. Birmingham bid £2.6m (!) but spread over a lot of clauses and time so was turned down. The 2nd team is rumoured to be Bristol City so see where that one goes.
He does score goals so create chances and support him up the pitch it may work.
My view of Nahki was that he had runs of terrible form where he was very ineffective and obviously we had these runs as a team not winning for long periods too, when he was good he could be very good and the team certainly clicked then as well.
Him taking the move at the peak of a good run of form was key to its value I think, wonder if he's had a good spell there yet?
January transfers thread on 10:29 - Feb 1 with 1865 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 09:32 - Feb 1 by Northernr

I can't argue it was a prudent deal in general but it's not like there wasn't an argument for it either for their specific situation - well placed for promotion at the time, plenty banked from sales after doing it the right way for years, infrastructure sorted ready for the next level. Had Wells taken them over the line not only would it have been a drop in the ocean in retrospect but they'd probably even have made a profit dumping him on the next promotion chaser the next year.

The laws of time and space and football administration warp in the event horizon of the EPL. And if you've seen Event Horizon the film...

Ultimately though they're only "lumbered" with him now not because he's a bad player who can't contribute to another, better equipped, more mature run at promotion this season but because they're wasting him playing him on the wing etc. There's no reason that outlay couldn't have been justified.

https://dancarterjournalism.wordpress.com/2021/01/21/whats-going-wrong-for-nahki
January transfers thread on 10:30 - Feb 1 with 1862 viewsdaveB

January transfers thread on 09:28 - Feb 1 by Ashdown_Ranger

---------

QPR director of football Les Ferdinand said: "You can't get out and watch any players.

"Brexit has taken a lot of countries off the radar for us, but we wouldn't have been doing a lot of deals anyway. We are not 100% sure of what the rules are."

he's talking about not being able to go and watch players in Europe here
January transfers thread on 10:38 - Feb 1 with 1808 viewsAntti_Heinola

January transfers thread on 10:29 - Feb 1 by rsonist

I can't argue it was a prudent deal in general but it's not like there wasn't an argument for it either for their specific situation - well placed for promotion at the time, plenty banked from sales after doing it the right way for years, infrastructure sorted ready for the next level. Had Wells taken them over the line not only would it have been a drop in the ocean in retrospect but they'd probably even have made a profit dumping him on the next promotion chaser the next year.

The laws of time and space and football administration warp in the event horizon of the EPL. And if you've seen Event Horizon the film...

Ultimately though they're only "lumbered" with him now not because he's a bad player who can't contribute to another, better equipped, more mature run at promotion this season but because they're wasting him playing him on the wing etc. There's no reason that outlay couldn't have been justified.

https://dancarterjournalism.wordpress.com/2021/01/21/whats-going-wrong-for-nahki

They were never going up, and it was an insane fee for a player out of contract a few months later, and a ridiculous wage.
Yes, he was a good signing for them - bit no, not at that cost, or anything close to it. It looked nuts then, it looks nuts now, but if they want to pay him off so he can come back home, I'm not gona argue.

Bare bones.

January transfers thread on 10:39 - Feb 1 with 1802 viewsterryb

January transfers thread on 09:28 - Feb 1 by Ashdown_Ranger

---------

Time will tell, but I suspect that quite a few players will struggle to be given a work permit once their current contract has expired. Another good reason for the Chair contract extension!

I doubt that any football club is 100% aware of the future rules. There is even a chance that they've not yet been decided!
January transfers thread on 10:49 - Feb 1 with 1764 viewsdaveB

worth pointing out that 4 weeks before Wells left us he looked awful sulking around the pitch as we lost at home to Hull. He's always been a player who had hot streaks and then did nothing for weeks
January transfers thread on 10:52 - Feb 1 with 1742 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 10:38 - Feb 1 by Antti_Heinola

They were never going up, and it was an insane fee for a player out of contract a few months later, and a ridiculous wage.
Yes, he was a good signing for them - bit no, not at that cost, or anything close to it. It looked nuts then, it looks nuts now, but if they want to pay him off so he can come back home, I'm not gona argue.

http://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/season/S2019-20/2020-01-31.html

6th at the time, 6 points off autos.
January transfers thread on 11:00 - Feb 1 with 1675 viewsHarbour

Rangers reject Florist loan deal for Joe Lumley
January transfers thread on 11:01 - Feb 1 with 1667 viewsrsonist

And speaking of event horizons - Brentford have loaned a player in for the first time in four years (Winston Reid from West Ham).
January transfers thread on 11:02 - Feb 1 with 1654 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

January transfers thread on 10:52 - Feb 1 by rsonist

http://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/season/S2019-20/2020-01-31.html

6th at the time, 6 points off autos.

We’re 16th 🤣

Poll: Expectations for this season?

January transfers thread on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 1637 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 11:01 - Feb 1 by rsonist

And speaking of event horizons - Brentford have loaned a player in for the first time in four years (Winston Reid from West Ham).

Christ I had no idea he was still there/alive.
January transfers thread on 11:05 - Feb 1 with 1630 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 10:49 - Feb 1 by daveB

worth pointing out that 4 weeks before Wells left us he looked awful sulking around the pitch as we lost at home to Hull. He's always been a player who had hot streaks and then did nothing for weeks

Yeh I remember at the start of January nobody was that fussed whether he stayed or not.
January transfers thread on 11:07 - Feb 1 with 1608 viewsswitchingcode

January transfers thread on 11:01 - Feb 1 by rsonist

Yes bit of a surprise 32 years of age but cover I presume as Pontus and Goode are out injured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024