Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Captain America 18:07 - Feb 20 with 3783 viewsbullythebear

Dickie will correctly get the plaudits today. And Barbet has been superb for several games now. But let’s give credit to Cameron who at 35 and having played pretty much every minute of every game, is using his undoubted experience to pull this team through some very tough games. He’s a great leader, motivator and has that back 3/5 focussed and well organised. Well done Geoff.
Captain America on 18:21 - Feb 20 with 3039 viewsMalintabuk

Totally agree 👍as gone about his business at the back quietly and efficiently. As you say played virtually every game this season and captained very well.
Captain America on 18:28 - Feb 20 with 3002 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He lost his man for the goal today, but he's been quietly effective since moving to centre-back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Captain America on 12:18 - Feb 21 with 2695 viewsLazyFan

Captain America on 18:28 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

He lost his man for the goal today, but he's been quietly effective since moving to centre-back.

He also lost Long in the first half where he went clean through, only Deig making a great 1 on 1 save prevented a goal.

Barbet also credit to him as Barbs did not foul Long as he would do in the past and give a penalty away.

Cameron has the smarts and positional sense, but his legs are gone. That's why we brought in the loan at CD.

zzzzzzzzzz

Captain America on 12:38 - Feb 21 with 2641 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Captain America on 12:18 - Feb 21 by LazyFan

He also lost Long in the first half where he went clean through, only Deig making a great 1 on 1 save prevented a goal.

Barbet also credit to him as Barbs did not foul Long as he would do in the past and give a penalty away.

Cameron has the smarts and positional sense, but his legs are gone. That's why we brought in the loan at CD.

Good spot. I actually thought it was Barbet that lost long for that one and that Wallace covered for him, but you're right - it was Cameron, with Barbet covering back.

Captain America on 12:44 - Feb 21 with 2584 viewsNed_Kennedys

Captain America on 12:18 - Feb 21 by LazyFan

It’s lazy and wrong criticism to say ‘his legs have gone’ when the guy has probably played more minutes this season than virtually all of the squad. He has never been quick so will occasionally lose out to a forward but Dickie has as well quite a few times and both of them make up for a lack of pace with plenty of other qualities.

I have Cameron up there as one of our better performers over the course of the season: he’s been a great signing.
Captain America on 13:17 - Feb 21 with 2563 viewsJamesB1979

Captain America on 18:28 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I blame Niko more for letting the ball get knocked across the face of goal. He didn’t seem to make much of an effort to get his head...body or anything on that dink cross to back post. Not the first time either. Yes, I’m being hyper critical but when he plays, he does seem to lose his man too easily and also lack the drive to get back or put a challenge in. This lack of drive more than just losing his man is my main worry with him.
Captain America on 13:39 - Feb 21 with 2515 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Captain America on 13:17 - Feb 21 by JamesB1979

I blame Niko more for letting the ball get knocked across the face of goal. He didn’t seem to make much of an effort to get his head...body or anything on that dink cross to back post. Not the first time either. Yes, I’m being hyper critical but when he plays, he does seem to lose his man too easily and also lack the drive to get back or put a challenge in. This lack of drive more than just losing his man is my main worry with him.

Not sure about that. I think that’s a great ball for Surridge, who’s gigantic.
If Niko had a stepladder he wouldn’t have got near it.

Dickie stood off, allowing the pass. Dieng got beaten far too easily by Surridge’s header across. Cameron lost his man.

Captain America on 16:09 - Feb 21 with 2344 viewsLazyFan

Actually, they are all at fault for that.

Warbs will be hammering them, he will ask em all as a defence, why when we have a big brutish CF getting ready fo a set-piece that we leave the FB Niko to mark him. Niko should call out and tell em someone else should be on him and they all should call out to swap regardless of whether Niko calls out or not.

Probably Cameron should do it, but cannot blame him for especially for that. The whole defence is at fault for not sorting it out as its a set-piece, they are all at fault. This time we got away with it, but I am hoping as Warbs and Eustice as they seem to have been doing, will inspect the footage, adapt the tactics and knowledge with the team to correct that mistake.

For the rest of that game, Niko actually ran back a lot and covered a lot. Just caught out that time with a bigger guy getting ahead of him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Captain America on 16:15 - Feb 21 with 2328 viewsW7Ranger

Captain America on 16:09 - Feb 21 by LazyFan

Actually, they are all at fault for that.

Warbs will be hammering them, he will ask em all as a defence, why when we have a big brutish CF getting ready fo a set-piece that we leave the FB Niko to mark him. Niko should call out and tell em someone else should be on him and they all should call out to swap regardless of whether Niko calls out or not.

Probably Cameron should do it, but cannot blame him for especially for that. The whole defence is at fault for not sorting it out as its a set-piece, they are all at fault. This time we got away with it, but I am hoping as Warbs and Eustice as they seem to have been doing, will inspect the footage, adapt the tactics and knowledge with the team to correct that mistake.

For the rest of that game, Niko actually ran back a lot and covered a lot. Just caught out that time with a bigger guy getting ahead of him.

Whilst we can all argue/agree it wasn't the best defending - especially considering how solid we've been recently - their goal wasn't from a set piece.
Captain America on 16:18 - Feb 21 with 2312 viewsLazyFan

Captain America on 12:44 - Feb 21 by Ned_Kennedys

It’s lazy and wrong criticism to say ‘his legs have gone’ when the guy has probably played more minutes this season than virtually all of the squad. He has never been quick so will occasionally lose out to a forward but Dickie has as well quite a few times and both of them make up for a lack of pace with plenty of other qualities.

I have Cameron up there as one of our better performers over the course of the season: he’s been a great signing.

He might have been on the pitch, but his legs have gone.

When he was in midfield in the earlier part of the season he could not keep up and I remember one game where they literally passed it around him in a square of four players as he could not keep up.

Not to mention he cannot get back in time to help out the defence if he is in midfield and there is a breakaway against us. Last year this was not so prominent and in fact, with his strength, he used to dominate the midfield. But he's done now.

Sure he's smart, knows where to position himself, clever game management, actually quite nasty to the opposition, sometimes does the odd clever pass. Unfortunately, this is the champ, where its rush rush rush and he ends up reducing us to 10 men when he cannot keep up with the play. Which is becoming more and more. This is why in the earlier part of the season, teams just go straight through our midfield and on top of our defence. We leaked loads because of this.

Then they changed him to a Sweeper role. However, as we saw with AFC, they stuck Long on him and he can be exposed again. QPR have identified this, which is why dutchie JDW is in. I expect to see JDW play soon if opposition teams start to target Cameron instead of Dickie as the weak link.

zzzzzzzzzz

Captain America on 16:29 - Feb 21 with 2288 viewssimmo

I don't particularly rate Cameron and I don't enjoy him as our captain, but credit where it's due he's a key part of a 4 man central defence (including Dieng) that is doing great work. His presence as an experienced head at least allows Dickie and Barbet to get up the pitch and look for passing angles, although he's till prone to a reckless dive in and he doesn't win anywhere near enough in the air for his size.

Cameron also steps up to try and get in on forward balls to the feet of opposition strikers. It worked well a few times against Brentford but he was caught out too, not least for that Long 1 on 1. Overall he has been much improved and credit to keep up with this schedule like he has been at nearly 40 - he's obviously a v good pro.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Captain America on 16:35 - Feb 21 with 2240 viewsNed_Kennedys

Captain America on 16:18 - Feb 21 by LazyFan

He might have been on the pitch, but his legs have gone.

When he was in midfield in the earlier part of the season he could not keep up and I remember one game where they literally passed it around him in a square of four players as he could not keep up.

Not to mention he cannot get back in time to help out the defence if he is in midfield and there is a breakaway against us. Last year this was not so prominent and in fact, with his strength, he used to dominate the midfield. But he's done now.

Sure he's smart, knows where to position himself, clever game management, actually quite nasty to the opposition, sometimes does the odd clever pass. Unfortunately, this is the champ, where its rush rush rush and he ends up reducing us to 10 men when he cannot keep up with the play. Which is becoming more and more. This is why in the earlier part of the season, teams just go straight through our midfield and on top of our defence. We leaked loads because of this.

Then they changed him to a Sweeper role. However, as we saw with AFC, they stuck Long on him and he can be exposed again. QPR have identified this, which is why dutchie JDW is in. I expect to see JDW play soon if opposition teams start to target Cameron instead of Dickie as the weak link.

Pretty much disagree with all of that.

Explain to me again how you can play about 30 full games in the Championship when your ‘legs have gone’?
Captain America on 19:57 - Feb 21 with 2138 viewsrsonist

Liability in midfield but a marked improvement since the switch to a Biden administration.
Captain America on 20:22 - Feb 21 with 2108 viewsChrisNW6

Ranks up there with Richard Dunne and Ryan Nelson as honest hard working players coming to the club for the right reasons and strengthening the team. Looks in great shape and might get another season out of him in defence.
Captain America on 21:44 - Feb 21 with 2044 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just me that noticed Shane Long clearly got the ball over the line with his arm then?
Once again, we barely appealed, but looked a defo handball to me.
Therefore, no one at fault ;)

Bare bones.

Captain America on 08:28 - Feb 22 with 1923 viewshoopsmark

Captain America on 16:35 - Feb 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Pretty much disagree with all of that.

Explain to me again how you can play about 30 full games in the Championship when your ‘legs have gone’?

Me too....some people just never happy,does my head in......
Captain America on 08:29 - Feb 22 with 1922 viewshoopsmark

Captain America on 20:22 - Feb 21 by ChrisNW6

Ranks up there with Richard Dunne and Ryan Nelson as honest hard working players coming to the club for the right reasons and strengthening the team. Looks in great shape and might get another season out of him in defence.

Concur
Captain America on 08:33 - Feb 22 with 1911 viewsstevec

It is his lack of drive that really bothers me, the best pros put their body on the line and I don’t see that desire from him.
Captain America on 09:26 - Feb 22 with 1860 viewsfrancisbowles

Captain America on 21:44 - Feb 21 by Antti_Heinola

Just me that noticed Shane Long clearly got the ball over the line with his arm then?
Once again, we barely appealed, but looked a defo handball to me.
Therefore, no one at fault ;)

I noticed that as well Antti. Only one of our players, who was around the edge of the area, seemed to appeal.
Captain America on 09:36 - Feb 22 with 1846 viewssimmo

Captain America on 09:26 - Feb 22 by francisbowles

I noticed that as well Antti. Only one of our players, who was around the edge of the area, seemed to appeal.

From behind it looked like it could have been a use of a hand, but there's a camera angle from behind the goal with Long coming towards it, and it clearly hits his stomach.

Captain America on 09:39 - Feb 22 with 1842 viewsRBlock

Captain America on 08:33 - Feb 22 by stevec

It is his lack of drive that really bothers me, the best pros put their body on the line and I don’t see that desire from him.

I agree. I'm not expecting him to beat Surridge to that header, but he doesn't make any attempt to put him off, get in the way, get anything on it at all. He just watches it happen. He reminds me of Jermaine Jenas, always present but never really getting involved or doing anything of note.
Captain America on 09:44 - Feb 22 with 1836 viewsjohncharles

Cameron and Dykes are holding us back. We could have won the last 3 games if..........
Hang on, I haven’t thought this one out

Strong and stable my arse.

Captain America on 13:22 - Mar 1 with 1668 viewsrsonist

Prat.
Captain America on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 1568 viewssimmo

Captain America on 13:22 - Mar 1 by rsonist

Prat.

On the pitch his performances and abilities are questionable, but off it he's definitely not the kind of QPR captain I want.

Captain America on 15:21 - Mar 1 with 1526 viewsWatford_Ranger

Win, lose or draw the next game or two I think we should be giving Kakay more games. Think he’d be great on the right of the three with Dickie in Cameron’s place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024