Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 44169 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 21:59 - Jun 1 with 3011 viewsMrSheen

Get on and vote for Lyndon. I got him up from 3.37 to 3.39 on my own.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:08 - Jun 1 with 2931 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon Dykes on 20:59 - Jun 1 by ted_hendrix

New Manager has a lot of work to do with Dykes if that's possible, really don't like to knock our players but I don't rate Dykes at all--hopefully I'm wrong but I somehow doubt It.

We can't start the season with Dykes as the main striker. He really isn't Championship level .
Lyndon Dykes on 22:17 - Jun 1 with 2826 viewspaulparker

What an awful game of football that was
The Ukraine keeper wouldn’t get into an under nines team he was terrible
Shout out to Grant Hanley who was so slow he couldn’t even kick the Ukraine attacker who broke from him
And a special shout to the ref who looked liked an 1980s Wall Street trader

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lyndon Dykes on 22:18 - Jun 1 with 2828 viewsMrSheen

Lyndon Dykes on 21:59 - Jun 1 by MrSheen

Get on and vote for Lyndon. I got him up from 3.37 to 3.39 on my own.

Now 3.18!
Lyndon Dykes on 22:29 - Jun 1 with 2754 viewsbosh67

Lyndon Dykes on 20:56 - Jun 1 by flynnbo

Dykes had his calf studded early in the game, maybe that's why he went off.

It was a bad one and part of me went after that, blimey see you at Christmas.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:43 - Jun 1 with 2675 viewsdavman

I try to avoid Dykes threads as I got so much stick around the Xmas before Charlie arrived, but he remains awful in the main. A couple of good games here and there simply not enough.

Rubbish first touch, rubbish with the ball at his feet. Yes, he runs a lot, can win flick ons and can play good, instinctive first time balls, but his poor outshines his good. Really hoping he finds his motivation and mojo this season, but I can't see it.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lyndon Dykes on 23:37 - Jun 1 with 2457 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:43 - Jun 1 by davman

I try to avoid Dykes threads as I got so much stick around the Xmas before Charlie arrived, but he remains awful in the main. A couple of good games here and there simply not enough.

Rubbish first touch, rubbish with the ball at his feet. Yes, he runs a lot, can win flick ons and can play good, instinctive first time balls, but his poor outshines his good. Really hoping he finds his motivation and mojo this season, but I can't see it.

No surprise with such insightful analysis you think De Wijs is the best of our Centre Halves!
Lyndon Dykes on 00:03 - Jun 2 with 2379 viewsdavman

Lyndon Dykes on 23:37 - Jun 1 by ParkRoyalR

No surprise with such insightful analysis you think De Wijs is the best of our Centre Halves!

True, but I won't rake over old accusations that may be or may not be true that are unrelated to any off the field activities he may or may not have been involved in.

And the defence looked more organised and less leaky with De Wijs in the team since he joined. He may not individually be the "best" (not sure how you'd judge that to be fair), but he appears to have the best influence as a CB.

But, thanks for your input - really useful, ta!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 00:28 - Jun 2 with 2319 viewsVancouverHoop

Lyndon Dykes on 20:59 - Jun 1 by ted_hendrix

New Manager has a lot of work to do with Dykes if that's possible, really don't like to knock our players but I don't rate Dykes at all--hopefully I'm wrong but I somehow doubt It.

MB will be judged almost right away by what he does with our strikers and who are our wing backs are going to be.

Do we actually have three or four strikers who can play at this level? Or will he try some sort of voodoo false nine deal with Amos or someone else?

It'll be very interesting to see who thrives and who wilts under his coaching, especially before the November break.
Lyndon Dykes on 07:23 - Jun 2 with 2005 viewsbosh67

I wonder if we’ll see Armstrong as part of a new front 2 with Dykes. He’s raw but he has real pace.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 07:37 - Jun 2 with 1962 viewsSK_hoops

Dykes is a bit frustrating because at the end of the season before last he scored 6 goals and did 4 assists in 8 games. So he clearly can do it, but just doesn't for the majority of the time.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 7:38]
Lyndon Dykes on 07:43 - Jun 2 with 1950 viewsdistortR

Lyndon Dykes on 07:23 - Jun 2 by bosh67

I wonder if we’ll see Armstrong as part of a new front 2 with Dykes. He’s raw but he has real pace.

Dykes has gone down the Gladwin route with his tats, i fear.

They should be based on a meritocracy.

When I was a young punk, we would sneer at the 'weekenders' with all the studs in their jackets. Studs were to be earned through doing punk things, the more you had the more punk you were. Not just bought off a catalogue heap.

So with footballers and tats. Lyndon, young man, go get some laser surgery, and we'll work out a rewards system for you. A 15 goal sesson? Yep, you can get one no bigger then 4 square inches. Playing 10 consecutive games? Down the parlour for a bit of colouring? Important world cup goal for Scotland? See you in 4 years, but it sems doubtful, to be honest.
Lyndon Dykes on 07:56 - Jun 2 with 1923 viewsPunteR

Lyndon Dykes on 07:43 - Jun 2 by distortR

Dykes has gone down the Gladwin route with his tats, i fear.

They should be based on a meritocracy.

When I was a young punk, we would sneer at the 'weekenders' with all the studs in their jackets. Studs were to be earned through doing punk things, the more you had the more punk you were. Not just bought off a catalogue heap.

So with footballers and tats. Lyndon, young man, go get some laser surgery, and we'll work out a rewards system for you. A 15 goal sesson? Yep, you can get one no bigger then 4 square inches. Playing 10 consecutive games? Down the parlour for a bit of colouring? Important world cup goal for Scotland? See you in 4 years, but it sems doubtful, to be honest.

Queens Punk Rockers

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lyndon Dykes on 08:15 - Jun 2 with 1858 viewsonlyrinmoray

I dont think either Dykes or Adams had a decent cross put into them all night Same problem at Rangers we dont create enough for the strikers
Lyndon Dykes on 08:28 - Jun 2 with 1817 viewshighleverhoopL

Lyndon Dykes on 07:37 - Jun 2 by SK_hoops

Dykes is a bit frustrating because at the end of the season before last he scored 6 goals and did 4 assists in 8 games. So he clearly can do it, but just doesn't for the majority of the time.

Patrick Agyemang did something like that. Seriously though if Dykes is still, classified as a raw, young striker with a possible confidence/attitude problem then this Michael Beale is probably our best hope of making something of him..
Lyndon Dykes on 08:56 - Jun 2 with 1710 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 08:28 - Jun 2 by highleverhoopL

Patrick Agyemang did something like that. Seriously though if Dykes is still, classified as a raw, young striker with a possible confidence/attitude problem then this Michael Beale is probably our best hope of making something of him..

He’s not a raw, young striker. He’s 27.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:05 - Jun 2 with 1650 viewsbosh67

The tat thing doesn't make him a good or bad player. Look at Sonny Bradley. Smashes it for Luton every week. I have tattoos on my right arm that are related to family and pets and I'd have more on that arm if I could afford them, but... I do think the Lyndon's tats on his neck make him stand out in terms of being singled out. If you have very visible tattoos then you almost invite pressure and comments with some fans. If his wife and kids are happy with them then it's his own business. I do think he'll regret the neck ones when he's older though. Doesn't look great on an older man. On the other hand I don't care if he has his face tattooed if he scores 20 a season.

Never knowingly right.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:06 - Jun 2 with 1644 viewsdaveB

I like Dykes but would do us a favour imo if one of the big 2 in Scotland made a move for him this summer and we used the money to strengthen
Lyndon Dykes on 09:59 - Jun 2 with 1488 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 07:37 - Jun 2 by SK_hoops

This for me.

He can do it and when he does, he’s a bloody handful. But therein lies the conundrum with him: woefully inconsistent. If it’s confidence you can work on that; if it’s injuries, well that’s an issue, but if it’s a mentality thing based on whether he can be bothered on the day, then that’s the other side of the door for me.

Frustrating really.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 10:02 - Jun 2 with 1475 viewsLythamR

Lyndon Dykes on 08:15 - Jun 2 by onlyrinmoray

I dont think either Dykes or Adams had a decent cross put into them all night Same problem at Rangers we dont create enough for the strikers

Yes, classic, wait until Dykes is off then fire in a bunch of crosses at the end of the game. He isnt Harry Kane but if we get decent quality service into him quickly he will score goals he has shown that

get to the edge of the area and fanny around for 30 seconds or so so the defence can get completely set and he wont
Lyndon Dykes on 10:06 - Jun 2 with 1448 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don’t understand the dislike of Dykes. Why do we always key our own car?

Was only in poor form when the team was. We signed him knowing he needed work, and he improved. Not a goal scorer but despite that finished second top scorer despite a fairly long injury stint.

Exactly the sort of signings we need to make. We can debate all day long if he was a success or not but in the era of Ollie Watkins etc we have to make do because Championship top scorers go for £30m nowadays.

Saying that, I agree with Dave about cashing him in for one of the Old Firm. Would miss Willock more but remember Dykes scored more than him with the same amount of minutes.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:11 - Jun 2 with 1431 viewshighleverhoopL

Lyndon Dykes on 08:56 - Jun 2 by Northolt_Rs

He’s not a raw, young striker. He’s 27.

Point taken
Lyndon Dykes on 10:17 - Jun 2 with 1403 viewskernowhoop

Dykes is inconsistent and lacking in certain skills. Versus Ukraine, he did not get much service, except for long hopeful balls that he sometimes flicked on. As for crosses, it is not just the provider of the cross that matters. It is also the positioning of the striker and his ability to recognise what the provider's options are. For all his faults, Charlie Austin could do that. If we keep Lyndon, then I hope that he can be coached so as to make himself more effective.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:18 - Jun 2 with 1397 viewsdmm

If selling Dykes meant keeping Willco et al, absolutely do it. However, as Clive has repeatedly said, £5m plus doesn't get you much in the striker supermarket. How much do we think we'd get for Dykes if one of the old firm were interested?
Lyndon Dykes on 11:32 - Jun 2 with 1241 viewsSonofpugwash

Lyndon Dykes on 10:18 - Jun 2 by dmm

If selling Dykes meant keeping Willco et al, absolutely do it. However, as Clive has repeatedly said, £5m plus doesn't get you much in the striker supermarket. How much do we think we'd get for Dykes if one of the old firm were interested?

Judging by last night's "performance" I'd say about two cases of Irn Bru.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024