Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread 14:09 - Apr 4 with 23717 viewsDorse

Currently, the UN recognises 195 countries, with a world population of 7.8 billion, representing thousands of different cultures, traditions and languages. Our differences are many, however, there is one thing that unites the entire human race: the fact that Nottingham Forest's squad contains at least one representative of each of the world's nations. Like some latter day Noah's ark, Forest has chosen to gather two of every culture, preserving the essence of humanity in case of cataclysm.

Can QPR's rag tag collection of waifs, strays and Dom Ball make any impact on this cast of thousands?

Definitely. 2-0 Rangers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:16 - Apr 5 with 1662 viewsManinBlack

I hope today was a one off and this was not the start of "we can't be bothered with the last 8 games" which has been an issue in recent years. As we have a poor record at Forest I will give them the benefit of the doubt. The next two winnable games will give a clearer picture of how we will finish the season.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:17 - Apr 5 with 1650 viewsBazzeR

So easy for opposition teams to drop off when out of possession and deny space for our W/Backs to get forward.
Three at the back may suit players such as Barbet but a flat back Four would enable another creative player in MF.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:20 - Apr 5 with 1635 viewsHarbour

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:03 - Apr 5 by Match82

He got the better of Warburton today. But on the balance of the season as a whole I'd say Warburton is more than holding his own vs Hughton

Given the respective squads and league position MW is way ahead of CH imo
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:20 - Apr 5 with 1631 viewsNorthantsHoop

A right stinker of a performance today, just didn't seem up for it, no intensity, and the gift to Forest of their first goal just before half time seemed to seal our fate.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:28 - Apr 5 with 1549 viewsMyke

Just as Clive feared in his preview - The best and worst of QPR inside four days. Only crumb; another Dykes goal - has he cracked this division?
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:30 - Apr 5 with 1531 viewsTacticalR

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:06 - Apr 5 by Logman

Hughton is not a particularly good manager and no better than MW. I know Brighton and Forest fans who both say he is clueless going forward.

According to the preview for today's game:

'Chris Hughton has never lost to QPR as a manager across eight fixtures with Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton (W4 D4)'

Air hostess clique

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 1516 viewsdenhamhoop2

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:00 - Apr 5 by PinnerPaul

Not in a million years

Foul?????!!!!! - where?

Totally agree Barbet day dreaming gets hustled into a mistake and if there was a foul it was by Barbet just before the cross for Mytten to score
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:33 - Apr 5 with 1494 viewsjohncharles

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:28 - Apr 5 by Myke

Just as Clive feared in his preview - The best and worst of QPR inside four days. Only crumb; another Dykes goal - has he cracked this division?

Anything that helps our GD should be applauded

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:39 - Apr 5 with 1418 viewsjoe90

I'll probably get crucified for saying this, but our performance against Coventry was not a complete - we actually didn't take most our chances and the 3-0 scoreline flattered us. Whilst we should enjoy victories we also need to be realistic about them and acknowledge areas of concern. What we did we'll in that game was easily dealt with today. It looked like Hughton watched the Coventry match and knew how to set up and play. The trajectory of the game seemed obvious after the first goal. We need a way of dealing with teams that sit deep. It was a good result for Forest who have come into a bit of form.

I'm not upset about the result or performance, I've seen us play well this season and know what we can do. It's also the nature of the league, as the age old cliche goes, any one can beat anyone. We just need to dust ourselves off and move onto the next game.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 1371 viewskarl

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:06 - Apr 5 by Logman

Hughton is not a particularly good manager and no better than MW. I know Brighton and Forest fans who both say he is clueless going forward.

I think Hughton is a decent manager when he has a strong squad, what he is good at is setting them up to not lose and because they have good players they can take advantage of mistakes like today.
When he's got a team of underdogs he's not so good and still employs the tactic of sitting back, playing safe but when they inevitably concede he hasn't got the nous to turn things. Ultimately he gets a good squad promoted to the Premier but can't adapt them to prosper and grow in that league.
I don't think he'd be a good manager for us, too dull by half for me
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:50 - Apr 5 with 1327 viewsSK_hoops

I know it's a slightly skewed stat since you'd be unsure as to whether he'd keep it up for a whole game, but uncle has more assists per minute than Buendia and Olise (and probably most of the league I'm just too lazy to check) the two top of the championship assists table.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:56 - Apr 5 with 1288 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:12 - Apr 5 by PinnerPaul

Don't think it was that stupid, as I said above they were hardly banging on the door until their 1st goal/gift.

You are right. This seemed like November QPR not January QPR where we were getting beaten but not dominated.

That Dykes goal a nice consolation, and he seems to be taking chances when they come so I hope, with the permanent addition of as many of those loan signings as possible we can have a serious season next season.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:58 - Apr 5 with 1272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:56 - Apr 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

You are right. This seemed like November QPR not January QPR where we were getting beaten but not dominated.

That Dykes goal a nice consolation, and he seems to be taking chances when they come so I hope, with the permanent addition of as many of those loan signings as possible we can have a serious season next season.

I thought we were out played in the first half as well, Bazz. Their goal may have been a foul on Barbet but it was their tenth shot of the game and I thought 1-0 was a pretty fair reflection of the game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:00 - Apr 5 with 1251 viewsdavman

Wow. That was crap.

1. Barbet and Dickie need a talker / organiser next to them.
2. Field is brilliant, but absolutely wasted at CB today. Ball should have been there because...
3. I know he's had a few weeks off, but Sam Field's performances in the last few weeks showed just how poor Dom Ball can be.
4. To beat this QPR team, sit back in an organised shape, two banks of 4 or a 4 1 4 at the back, closing gaps off and just wait for them to lose the ball then BAM. Every team set up defensively has done us this season.
5. Good on Lyndon. Adamoh / Dykes might well work.
6. A typical Rangers disappointment.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:04 - Apr 5 with 1237 viewsnightwish

Can we sign James Garner on loan next season please
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:14 - Apr 5 with 1192 viewseastside_r

A performance so poor, I actually left early.

Even missed the consolation.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:18 - Apr 5 with 1170 viewsdistortR

Might be that the manager will use competitive games with nothing to play for and no-one in the ground as a chance to try a few things, possibly starting today.

Might be there will be an over-reaction
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:30 - Apr 5 with 1122 viewsBoston

Thought it was an evens stevens first half.

Second half we were second best, never getting out of second gear until the last few seconds. That’s why we finished second.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 18:31]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:44 - Apr 5 with 1075 viewsNoelmc

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:02 - Apr 5 by PinnerPaul

Hmmmm - players and manager not had long enough to finish higher than they are?

Think Hughton inherited a team in October whose confidence must have been on the floor. Blew their chance of the play-offs last season in a disastrous fashion, then started this season with a run of defeats. Big job to turn that around.

Seems to have them organised and hard to beat. A squad with some good players and lots of strength in depth. I think they will do well next season.

I think Hughton has done well at most Clubs he has managed, but would not want him in charge of the R’s as too negative for my liking. Besides, I’m very happy with Warbs.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:13 - Apr 5 with 960 viewsbosh67

I see Sheffield Wednesday are posting a cricket score against Cardiff so we’ll have to be aware that their tales will be up and we’ll have to be back to our best.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:17 - Apr 5 with 942 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 18:04 - Apr 5 by nightwish

Can we sign James Garner on loan next season please

If we do, can we play this if he scores?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:20 - Apr 5 with 924 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:58 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought we were out played in the first half as well, Bazz. Their goal may have been a foul on Barbet but it was their tenth shot of the game and I thought 1-0 was a pretty fair reflection of the game.

I never thought they looked like scoring though (until they did).

Thought we and in particular Chair looked very positive going forward first half.

Like I say, opinions, but never saw that result coming until their goal went in.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:29 - Apr 5 with 890 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:20 - Apr 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I never thought they looked like scoring though (until they did).

Thought we and in particular Chair looked very positive going forward first half.

Like I say, opinions, but never saw that result coming until their goal went in.

Same with me. We were struggling to create for first 25 mins but then we were starting to create space and Forest looked vulnerable. Don't get me wrong we weren't playing well but Forest weren't much better if at all.

The first goal changed everything and we either didn't have the tools to turn it around or didn't use the tools we have correctly.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:33 - Apr 5 with 872 viewsderbyhoop

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 16:55 - Apr 5 by dannyblue

Well beaten. They sat back and picked us off, and we were sloppy. Passing from Barbet and Dickie, normally so good, was poor today. We missed Field in the middle. Pleased for Lyndon and his goal. First goal Barbet's mistake. Second was Dykes getting robbed initially, but not the best ball in to him, cracking finish. The third happens on days like this. Oh well, no matter.

Pretty much spot on.

Our passing was slow and inaccurate, far too often.
As Sinton said on commentary. we had the larger share of possession. All in front of red shirts.
Going forward we had 1 moment of quality in the whole match. Pity we waited until the 94th minute. Only plus point was another goal for Lyndon.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:44 - Apr 5 with 839 viewsderbyhoop

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:00 - Apr 5 by PinnerPaul

Not in a million years

Foul?????!!!!! - where?

I actually thought Stroud was good. The yellow cards were all correct. No foul on Barbet, just outmuscled.
Only obvious error was the tug on Dykes, but the assistant was equally to blame for missing that.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024