Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old man 22:30 - Jun 17 with 14749 viewsBlackCrowe

Sitting here now with the old man, whose life will pass any time between now at the next few days. Proud strong man, 95, overflowing with good stuff and achievement.

Took me to my first QPR game (midweek v.Ipswich 1-0 Eastoe) even though he had no interest in the game.

Quite hard really.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The old man on 04:16 - Jun 21 with 1958 viewsCLAREMAN1995

RIP good to hear he drifted off peacefully surrounded by his loved ones.Wish you all strength in the coming weeks BlackCrowe
The old man on 07:51 - Jun 21 with 1875 viewsdistortR

Just to add my condolences, BlackCrowe.
The old man on 07:53 - Jun 21 with 1871 viewsJuzzie

95, good innings but no less sad. RIP and my condolences to you and your family.
Gone but never forgotten.
The old man on 08:12 - Jun 21 with 1859 viewsPhildo

So sorry to read this BC- may he rest in peace.
The old man on 08:35 - Jun 21 with 1822 viewseastside_r

BC I hope you can find strength and peace in this difficult time. Condolences to you and your kin.
The old man on 08:49 - Jun 21 with 1797 viewsHarbour

RIP condolences to you and your family at this sad time I lost my dad 13 years ago still miss him but got good memories hope you and your kin can remember your dads good times
The old man on 09:23 - Jun 21 with 1762 viewsPinnerPaul

All the best BC.
The old man on 09:25 - Jun 21 with 1760 viewsflynnbo

Cherish those memories as they'll help you through all the hard times. You never get over the loss of a loved one but you do learn to cope with it over time. Stay strong. RIP.
Login to get fewer ads

The old man on 09:25 - Jun 21 with 1760 viewsMaggsinho

Very sorry to hear that, all the best to you and yours.
The old man on 09:28 - Jun 21 with 1756 viewsheadhoops

Best wishes to you and your family.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The old man on 09:34 - Jun 21 with 1742 viewsterryb

Condolences to you, BC, your family & friends.
The old man on 10:09 - Jun 21 with 1713 viewshantssi

RIP, condolences BC, remember the good times.
The old man on 10:12 - Jun 21 with 1709 viewsKonk

Very sorry for your loss, mate, but glad your Dad passed away peacefully, and that you were able to be with him at the end of what sounds like a long life, well lived. Take it easy and I hope your shared memories are some comfort to you. May your Dad RIP.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The old man on 10:33 - Jun 21 with 1684 viewsJJB

Something very profound about losing a parent. I lost my dad to Covid in December and 3 weeks earlier my younger brother Michael passed, he was only 44 so it was a a tough tough period all round and I'm still reeling from it truth be told. Thoughts are with you BC at this really sad time for you and your family.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

The old man on 11:52 - Jun 21 with 1640 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The old man on 10:33 - Jun 21 by JJB

Something very profound about losing a parent. I lost my dad to Covid in December and 3 weeks earlier my younger brother Michael passed, he was only 44 so it was a a tough tough period all round and I'm still reeling from it truth be told. Thoughts are with you BC at this really sad time for you and your family.

So sorry to hear that, JJB. Dreadful news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The old man on 12:35 - Jun 21 with 1596 viewsRangersDave

Oh mate, i'm so sorry.

Your QPR family are here for you.

Stay strong
Best
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The old man on 13:01 - Jun 21 with 1563 viewsA40Bosh

Very sorry to read of your loss BlackCrowe, sending my thoughts and condolences.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The old man on 14:04 - Jun 21 with 1521 viewsCLAREMAN1995

That is heartbreaking news I am sorry for your devastating loss JJB its cruel sometimes the way life goes.I hope you and your family find the strength to pull through .RIP to both
The old man on 14:07 - Jun 21 with 1510 viewsPhildo

That is very tough JJB - do reach out to chat if you need it and in fact everyone here there are loads of good people on here to chat to when it gets a bit bleak.
The old man on 14:19 - Jun 21 with 1496 viewskingsburyR

Sincere condolences to you and all of your family x

R.I.P.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

The old man on 14:44 - Jun 21 with 1459 viewsderbyhoop

My condolences as well.

It should be the good memories that you retain. And they should be celebrated. But it's not easy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The old man on 15:29 - Jun 21 with 1431 viewskensalriser

Condolences BC, I hope you find comfort that you were able to be with him at the end.

Currently at my parents' place clearing everything out as my Mum's in a home now. My Dad was a bit of a hoarder and kept an insane amount of all types of stuff, I'm finding receipts for cars he bought in the 60s and 70s, decades old correspondence anybody else would have thrown out after a year or two, complete sets of stuff from international trips, cards they sent to each other and, this will amuse some of you, a letter of thanks from Sir Ronald Russell, Conservative MP for Wembley South, for his support in the 1970 election. It's interminable and heartbreaking in equal measures.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:30]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The old man on 16:39 - Jun 21 with 1380 viewsstowmarketrange

The old man on 15:29 - Jun 21 by kensalriser

Condolences BC, I hope you find comfort that you were able to be with him at the end.

Currently at my parents' place clearing everything out as my Mum's in a home now. My Dad was a bit of a hoarder and kept an insane amount of all types of stuff, I'm finding receipts for cars he bought in the 60s and 70s, decades old correspondence anybody else would have thrown out after a year or two, complete sets of stuff from international trips, cards they sent to each other and, this will amuse some of you, a letter of thanks from Sir Ronald Russell, Conservative MP for Wembley South, for his support in the 1970 election. It's interminable and heartbreaking in equal measures.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:30]

We all collect too much over a lifetime.What is one person’s memories is another one’s junk.And unfortunately not everyone gets the chance to sort all their stuff out before they go.
I have videos of football matches that I’ve played in that my kids don’t know about,and they’d probably throw the whole lot away without thinking about them.Same with match programmes that I’ve been in over the years that they wouldn’t have a clue about,but would be interesting for future generations of the family.
The old man on 16:59 - Jun 21 with 1365 viewsMick_S

I hope you and your family are ok BC. Good luck.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The old man on 17:29 - Jun 21 with 1343 viewsCamberleyR

Sincere condolences to you and yours BC.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024