Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine 22:33 - Jun 29 with 4064 viewsBoston

Who?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ukraine on 22:37 - Jun 29 with 2602 viewsMrSheen

Better than having to watch Sweden.
Ukraine on 22:38 - Jun 29 with 2598 viewsSharpy36

After watching that, wouldn`t be surprised if we rested a few.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Ukraine on 22:57 - Jun 29 with 2526 viewslongbottom

Two piss poor teams tbh.
Ukraine on 22:58 - Jun 29 with 2523 viewsthame_hoops

What’s not to like about those homophobic, misogynistic, right-wing, racist Ukrainians? Ha ha ha
Ukraine on 01:55 - Jun 30 with 2385 viewsstowmarketrange

It might confuse a few drunken jocks who won’t want anything to do with the UK raine.
Ukraine on 04:40 - Jun 30 with 2334 viewsB_Wad

[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 4:41]
Ukraine on 07:13 - Jun 30 with 2204 viewsHAYESBOY

We said that about Iceland.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ukraine on 07:36 - Jun 30 with 2162 viewstraininvain

Let’s keep it classy. Arrogance has been our downfall in the past.
Login to get fewer ads

Ukraine on 07:59 - Jun 30 with 2128 viewsDiscodroids

i'm Going to miss the game stuck in a longstanding 5oth Birthday party in a thai restaurant in Hornchurch booked for 7pm. This being the case, it's bevelled in granite and onyx we'll win 3 nil.

This beautiful, vibrant young England side is going all the way.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ukraine on 10:03 - Jun 30 with 1932 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ukraine. Me Tarzan.
Ukraine on 10:29 - Jun 30 with 1876 viewsfrancisbowles

Reminds me of the time about ten or twelve years ago, as a family we stayed on South Padre Island in Texas. The island was fine but venture over the causeway and meet the local Texans, well that was very strange.

When they heard our accents and enquired where we were from, rather than confuse them with London as there is one in Ontario or England as they have the New variety, we replied UK. Well they all thought we had said Ukraine and they replied wow you've come a long way. I think that Ukraine had been on the TV news recently, hence they had heard of it.
Ukraine on 10:29 - Jun 30 with 1877 viewsBlackCrowe

If we treat them any arrogance or disdain then we'll come a cropper just as France did against Switzerland.

Two great goals from us last night but if i was to take the rose-tinted specs off, we looked as bang average as Germany did up until the first goal and we were EXTREMELY fortunate that Germany didn't equalise immediately through Muller.

But it's progress for sured, and that clean sheet momentum is fantastic and I feel pretty certain that Southgate won't let us take Ukraine lightly whatsoever.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ukraine on 10:33 - Jun 30 with 1860 viewsfrancisbowles

Ukraine on 10:29 - Jun 30 by BlackCrowe

If we treat them any arrogance or disdain then we'll come a cropper just as France did against Switzerland.

Two great goals from us last night but if i was to take the rose-tinted specs off, we looked as bang average as Germany did up until the first goal and we were EXTREMELY fortunate that Germany didn't equalise immediately through Muller.

But it's progress for sured, and that clean sheet momentum is fantastic and I feel pretty certain that Southgate won't let us take Ukraine lightly whatsoever.

Agree. It was an amazing sprint by Walker to get close to Muller. Obviously, I'm not sure whether it affected him but it may just have made him rush his finish a little.
Ukraine on 10:36 - Jun 30 with 1852 viewsdaveB

I mean England should win but it won't be easy. No England fans in the stadium, short turnaround between games with travelling etc and similar to Scotland game if the players believe the hype they will struggle.

Expect Southgate to go back to a 4-3-3 maybe Grealish in for Saka and Mount for Trippier or Walker
Ukraine on 10:58 - Jun 30 with 1786 viewsthemodfather

ukraine lost 2 in the grioup stage, only a win v north macedonia got them thru, they concede a lot too but have team spirit, work hard and play well, they nearly shook the dutch from 2-0 to 2-2 but lost in the end, tough game but are there an easy games in a major finals? for us recall algeria, usa, iceland so banana skins do happen.
Ukraine on 10:58 - Jun 30 with 1785 viewsToast_R

Yes lets not assume this is a given. Ukraine will be fighting hard and England need to be at their best again. Keep the momentum going. Full throttle.
Ukraine on 11:07 - Jun 30 with 1766 viewsfrancisbowles

Ukraine on 10:58 - Jun 30 by Toast_R

Yes lets not assume this is a given. Ukraine will be fighting hard and England need to be at their best again. Keep the momentum going. Full throttle.

That last minute winner will have given them a huge lift and we won't have a Wembley crowd this time.

Hopefully, they will tire quicker than us due to the extra thirty minutes and that they will have had more knocks and injuries as well.
Ukraine on 13:57 - Jun 30 with 1576 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ukraine on 11:07 - Jun 30 by francisbowles

That last minute winner will have given them a huge lift and we won't have a Wembley crowd this time.

Hopefully, they will tire quicker than us due to the extra thirty minutes and that they will have had more knocks and injuries as well.

Key point about fitness/freshness, FB,

Ukraine were supposed to tire quickly last night but maybe it was the change of formation or maybe the decision to sit back more but they outlasted Sweden for fitness*, I thought, and were deserved winners. The first team to beat Sweden this year. *Well...apart from Yarmolenko who played well but looked gassed after twenty minutes.

England have the huge advantage of not doing any air miles up to this point, though, with the tiredness and disruption that surely causes.

Another factor will be England's team selection. Will they keep using the same players or will they freshen it up? If it's the former, even with the travelling advantage, there may be some fatigue as the game goes on.

All in all, you'd expect England to be fresher with an hour gone, I think?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ukraine on 14:19 - Jun 30 with 1521 viewsR_from_afar

Ukraine on 07:59 - Jun 30 by Discodroids

i'm Going to miss the game stuck in a longstanding 5oth Birthday party in a thai restaurant in Hornchurch booked for 7pm. This being the case, it's bevelled in granite and onyx we'll win 3 nil.

This beautiful, vibrant young England side is going all the way.

I feel your pain. I am in a similar boat in that I have pledged to take my mum out for her birthday at the same time as the match is on.

She's never been to Rome before*.

* Sadly, I am only joking, we are going for a meal in leafy Bucks

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ukraine on 14:22 - Jun 30 with 1510 viewsrobith

Ukraine keep the ball well and move it well. On paper England should win, but if they come in with a job done mentality they'll come acropper
Ukraine on 14:56 - Jun 30 with 1447 viewsfrancisbowles

Ukraine on 13:57 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Ukraine were supposed to tire quickly last night but maybe it was the change of formation or maybe the decision to sit back more but they outlasted Sweden for fitness*, I thought, and were deserved winners. The first team to beat Sweden this year. *Well...apart from Yarmolenko who played well but looked gassed after twenty minutes.

England have the huge advantage of not doing any air miles up to this point, though, with the tiredness and disruption that surely causes.

Another factor will be England's team selection. Will they keep using the same players or will they freshen it up? If it's the former, even with the travelling advantage, there may be some fatigue as the game goes on.

With McGuire, Phillips and Rice all on a yellow meaning another would put them out a SF, I would expect at least one of them to be protected. Mount may come back in and/or Henderson. I don't know if he would want to leave out McGuire for Mings. That is a risk either way, although from last night I can't recall Ukraine having a big bloke up front.

Walker adds real pace to the defence, so I would expect him to start. I'd also expect the forward three to start again as I think Grealish is best played off the bench after the game has opened up and Foden is on a yellow. Perhaps Sancho will get some minutes in this one
Ukraine on 15:06 - Jun 30 with 1414 viewsderbyhoop

I've got Ukraine in the Euros 2021 sweepstake. 50€ to the winner.

I'm torn on who to support.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ukraine on 15:11 - Jun 30 with 1399 viewsBoston

Wasn’t there a speedway rider called Yarmalenko back in the day?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ukraine on 15:12 - Jun 30 with 1395 viewsfrancisbowles

Ukraine on 15:06 - Jun 30 by derbyhoop

I've got Ukraine in the Euros 2021 sweepstake. 50€ to the winner.

I'm torn on who to support.

If England win the tournament, you will feel a lot better than if you win euro50.

On the other hand think of it as a possible consolation if we go out in the QF.
Ukraine on 15:44 - Jun 30 with 1349 viewskensalriser

Ukraine on 13:57 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Sweden were down to ten men, that's why Ukraine looked less knackered. Until the red card Sweden were doing most of the attacking and looked far more likely winners.

Ukraine are a decent side, but they're probably the least decent side left in the competition.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024