Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WRDCFC get away with it again 18:04 - Jul 2 with 60756 viewsLeedsR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57701348
WRDCFC get away with it again on 16:56 - Aug 3 with 4338 viewsjoolsyp

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:36 - Jul 31 by CamberleyR

Grew up on the Old Dean in Camberley, lived elsewhere in Camberley until 2012 before moving to Farnborough and now live in Milborne Port, Somerset which I moved to a couple of months ago.

So being a Windlesham boy, we'll have the same alma mater I presume, Collingwood?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:41]

I grew up in Fleet, played for Fleet Town FC Under 12s and have many a memory of our games against Old Dean on the estate! Being from the relatively posh part of Fleet we used to shit ourselves before those games - and it might be my fading memory but I seem to remember fairly regular fights between the parents of both teams! Old Dean had a player called Dennis (the menace?) and he was superb and frightening at the same time. Good times - real football.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 19:59 - Aug 3 with 4146 viewsCamberleyR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 16:56 - Aug 3 by joolsyp

I grew up in Fleet, played for Fleet Town FC Under 12s and have many a memory of our games against Old Dean on the estate! Being from the relatively posh part of Fleet we used to shit ourselves before those games - and it might be my fading memory but I seem to remember fairly regular fights between the parents of both teams! Old Dean had a player called Dennis (the menace?) and he was superb and frightening at the same time. Good times - real football.

Haha, the Old Dean used to have a bit of a name that went before it in those days possibly slightly unfairly I always thought (there were a couple of other estates nearby that I thought were worse) but I thought it was a great place to grow up. The estate backed onto common land and during summer holidays it was a great place to explore and spend many an hour with your mates.

A lot of the houses now are privately owned. My elderly Mum & Dad still live in the house I grew up in which faces the football pitches you played on as a kid!

The player you're thinking of may be Dennis Flattery if you're a similar age to me. He was the year below me at school. I'm 56 now.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 20:04]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:49 - Aug 5 with 3901 viewsaston_hoop

Not sure they're signing the trialists.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:01 - Aug 5 with 3862 viewsloftboy

WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:49 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

Wouldn’t these be for the youth players and triallists they have, the rest of the squad would already be contracted.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:07 - Aug 5 with 3843 viewsNorthernr

Derby seem to have had some sort of meeting with Morris and the fan groups/reps and websites last night.

For a start they were asked to sign NDAs, which should it ever happen at QPR would be an immediate no from me.

This meeting has apparently gone on for four hours and the only feedback from any of the groups or reps to the wider fan base since has been one bloke whinging about him getting grief in his mentions, saying he's on the train home and he's tired so he'll update everybody tomorrow (today) but hasn't done so yet. Another group, the Punjabi Rams, put out four Tweets after the meeting, but they were basically akin to a midtable club's fans forum - three interested parties in a takeover but nothing close, several players they want to sign but nothing close, "Mel wishes the managers would use the academy players more rather than always asking for new signings", interest in some players from other clubs but nothing close.

Properly, properly mental. If I ever do anything similar to you guys, fcking rip me apart.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:15 - Aug 5 with 3802 viewstoboboly

WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:49 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

Wow...surely that isn't a contract then?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:17 - Aug 5 with 3785 viewstoboboly

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:07 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Derby seem to have had some sort of meeting with Morris and the fan groups/reps and websites last night.

For a start they were asked to sign NDAs, which should it ever happen at QPR would be an immediate no from me.

This meeting has apparently gone on for four hours and the only feedback from any of the groups or reps to the wider fan base since has been one bloke whinging about him getting grief in his mentions, saying he's on the train home and he's tired so he'll update everybody tomorrow (today) but hasn't done so yet. Another group, the Punjabi Rams, put out four Tweets after the meeting, but they were basically akin to a midtable club's fans forum - three interested parties in a takeover but nothing close, several players they want to sign but nothing close, "Mel wishes the managers would use the academy players more rather than always asking for new signings", interest in some players from other clubs but nothing close.

Properly, properly mental. If I ever do anything similar to you guys, fcking rip me apart.

Don't suppose there are even any decent players we could have on the cheap?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:28 - Aug 5 with 3754 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:17 - Aug 5 by toboboly

I remember watching them tail end of last season and only player that caught my eye was Graeme Shinnie. Can play left-back and midfield, both areas we're well stocked in.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:38 - Aug 5 with 3717 viewsRBlock

I don't really care if they are decent or not, but I'd quite like to throw in a derisory bid for one of their U23 CBs just so to make their defensive crisis worse. Fvck it, lets get Stearman in just so they can't have him.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:52 - Aug 5 with 3580 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Asking players to sign blank contracts!!??

FFS, you couldn't make it up.

Wonder if Tom Carroll is regretting not accepting the contract Warbs offered him...
WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 3538 viewsted_hendrix

Its a travesty that they're in this league regardless of anything else.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 16:02 - Aug 5 with 3523 viewsPhildo

Apparently players have to be signed by 12 o'clock tomorrow to play at the weekend. All the trialists were given blank contracts today without any wages inserted and asked to sign without knowing what terms they had agreed. They are not actually allowed to sign anyone at the moment without permission from the EFL

Mel Morris told fans group last night that he cannot understand why none of his managers have played Academy prospects in the team.

We obviously have a bit of history with them going back to the Zamora final but you have to feel a bit sorry for the average fan there

Edit - sorry did not read recent post which said the same stuff!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 16:06]
WRDCFC get away with it again on 17:13 - Aug 5 with 3400 viewsjoolsyp

WRDCFC get away with it again on 19:59 - Aug 3 by CamberleyR

Haha, the Old Dean used to have a bit of a name that went before it in those days possibly slightly unfairly I always thought (there were a couple of other estates nearby that I thought were worse) but I thought it was a great place to grow up. The estate backed onto common land and during summer holidays it was a great place to explore and spend many an hour with your mates.

A lot of the houses now are privately owned. My elderly Mum & Dad still live in the house I grew up in which faces the football pitches you played on as a kid!

The player you're thinking of may be Dennis Flattery if you're a similar age to me. He was the year below me at school. I'm 56 now.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 20:04]

Yes!! That was him, Dennis Flattery - head and shoulders above any player on the pitch. I'm 56 this year too. Small world!
WRDCFC get away with it again on 17:39 - Aug 5 with 3304 viewsPinnerPaul

The fact that you can get bigger than 4/1 for them to win their HOME opening game v Huddersfield (7/9), tells you something!
WRDCFC get away with it again on 19:29 - Aug 5 with 3165 viewsenfieldargh

It could end up that DCFC fail to fulfil their obligation to participate in the league like Dover last season meaning that there will be a very disjointed looking league table with teams having to take a fixture off.

EFL should have docked them points last season then at least Mel morris would be able to try and compete at L1 level.

Have a feeling he'll slither off onto some Tax Haven Island never to be heard of again

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

WRDCFC get away with it again on 22:47 - Aug 5 with 3021 viewsMyke

Knight was pretty good so Rooney took him out
WRDCFC get away with it again on 08:46 - Aug 6 with 2827 viewsDWQPR

Just read some of the latest on their board and they seemed resigned to the fact that the team will be full of kids on Saturday who with each passing appearance will qualify for the EFL’s, established player rule that they have imposed on the club. With the contract offers to the trialists, the fact that they still haven’t issued season tickets, huge amounts owed to HMRC, no guarantee that they’ll be able to pay player wages I can see the club folding.

Just listened to the Radio Derby Sport at Six show from last night and the journos on there are nothing more than apologists for Morris.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:11 - Aug 6 with 2708 viewsTomS

Supposing, only supposing, the EFL imposed a points deduction for financial irregularities. I read some speculation that it could be 3 points for each of the three years of misrepresented accounts, nine points in total.

Let's say that Derby felt that as a result they wouldn't save themselves from relegation. Would Mel then make a decision to then put the club into Administration? If so, would the EFL allow them to incur the mandatory points deduction for that action this season, or would they defer imposing it until next season?
WRDCFC get away with it again on 17:05 - Aug 6 with 2502 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 17:12 - Aug 6 with 2469 viewsrsonist

Stearman and Allsop registered, Curtis Davis re-signs.

No word on the rest but Ravel has posted "Unbelievable scenes" on IG and unfollowed the club.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 08:00 - Aug 9 with 2068 viewsE17hoop

Thought I'd have a look at their team for Saturday and, including Curtis Davies, their back 4 totalled 130 years old. Be interesting to see how they cope with pace on the turn.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 08:51 - Aug 9 with 1946 viewsDWQPR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 17:12 - Aug 6 by rsonist

Stearman and Allsop registered, Curtis Davis re-signs.

No word on the rest but Ravel has posted "Unbelievable scenes" on IG and unfollowed the club.

I believe that Morrison was announced as a signing half an hour before kick off in the end. Certainly a case of two parties desperately trying to make something of a bad situation. Morrison is now in the situation that no half decent club will touch him with a barge pole and Derby cannot guarantee any sort of wage whatsoever.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:04 - Aug 9 with 1904 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve just read the season guide in when saturday comes,and they asked a Derby fan about how the season will go and stuff like that.He said this,”It’s becoming increasingly hard to believe that the efl dealt with our case fairly,so we’d join any league whose administrators act transparently.”
I guess from that statement that they think they’ve been treated unfairly for cooking the books for the last few years?
WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:24 - Aug 9 with 1857 viewstoboboly

WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:04 - Aug 9 by stowmarketrange

I’ve just read the season guide in when saturday comes,and they asked a Derby fan about how the season will go and stuff like that.He said this,”It’s becoming increasingly hard to believe that the efl dealt with our case fairly,so we’d join any league whose administrators act transparently.”
I guess from that statement that they think they’ve been treated unfairly for cooking the books for the last few years?

I imagine the Northern Premier League will welcome them with open arms.

https://www.thenpl.co.uk/match-info/tables

WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:56 - Aug 9 with 1801 viewsSimplyNico

Could Derby end up at the end of this eason with the record for lowest points totals ever in both the Prem and the Champ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024