Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My mum. 23:05 - Jul 15 with 13623 viewsSnipper

I’ve been the principal carer for my mum along with my niece for the last few years.
I’ve been very lucky having a job where I can do late shifts practically all the time.

She was given 2 months back in late February as it was discovered that she has a sizeable hole in her heart. I’ve treated each and every day like a bonus day.

She’s been deteriorating slowly, but took a big decline on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
We’re now just playing the waiting game. She’s a tough old Irish woman who’s made of stern stuff.

I’m just sitting here now holding her hand while playing old Irish songs on Alexa on a low volume, as I know she can here it. She likes listening to Larry Cunningham and Johnny McEvoy especially.

I count myself as extremely lucky to have a mum like her. We take things for granted in life, but I’ve definitely been lucky to have been blessed with her.

Sorry for burdening you all with this post, but I’m feeling emotional tonight while sitting here.
My mum. on 11:07 - Jul 18 with 2353 viewsnumptydumpty

Sad to hear your news Snipper

Your mum is at peace now.

Sure she be keeping an eye out for you from on high and you will still feel her guiding you well from the big football stadium in the sky.

There s no wrong or right way to grieve.

Definitely a cliche with a major bereavement but gradually over time things do get easier.

But absolutely look after yourself in coming weeks

Wishing you well Snipper..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

My mum. on 22:58 - Jul 18 with 2207 viewsloftboy

Sorry to hear that snipper, condolences and thoughts to you and your family.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

My mum. on 23:15 - Jul 18 with 2204 viewsdublinr

Very sorry for your loss, snipper. You did all you could. Look after yourself now.

My mum. on 13:58 - Jul 19 with 2128 viewsPinnerPaul

My mum. on 10:07 - Jul 17 by Snipper

My mum died this morning. Her suffering is over.

Thank you so much for the kind words everybody. ❤️❤️

Thinking of you
My mum. on 19:27 - Jul 19 with 2056 viewsCFW

So sorry for your loss - you should be very proud that you spent so much time with her in her last few months. My Mum is 95 and although she is very small, slight lady she, like your Mum is a tough lady who has been through a lot in her life.

I was very lucky to be raised by two good parents who made sure I was supported and within reason had most of the things I wanted. I have some great memories of holidays etc so, like you have done, I do my best to repay all the things she did for me when I needed support.

Just think how children would react now if at the age of 13 they were marched down to a train station to be evacuated for three years? Then when you come home, no more school, but straight out to work. Our older folk have been through so much and as a nation we owe them so much.
My mum. on 19:56 - Jul 19 with 2028 viewsLowerloftLad

I know your pain i got a call this morning from my dad to tell me my mum had passed away she had been of ill health for a long time but its still a complete shock.

if you want to private message dont hesitate.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 19:57]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

My mum. on 21:54 - Jul 19 with 2000 viewswestberksr

My mum. on 10:07 - Jul 17 by Snipper

My mum died this morning. Her suffering is over.

Thank you so much for the kind words everybody. ❤️❤️

So sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family
My mum. on 22:41 - Jul 19 with 1966 viewsRangersDave

Hi mate,

Just read the thread and found out about your mum. i'm so desparately sorry to hear of her passing, and send you and yours my deepest thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong mate
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

My mum. on 22:49 - Jul 19 with 1957 viewsnix

My mum. on 19:56 - Jul 19 by LowerloftLad

I know your pain i got a call this morning from my dad to tell me my mum had passed away she had been of ill health for a long time but its still a complete shock.

That's very tough LowerLoft. As you say, it's always a shock even when someone's been ill.

Hope you're okay and tell us about your mum if you want?

RIP and condolences to your family.
My mum. on 09:21 - Jul 20 with 1877 viewsterryb

My mum. on 19:56 - Jul 19 by LowerloftLad

RIP to your mother lowerloftlad. Also to all the family & friends.
My mum. on 09:47 - Nov 24 with 1679 viewsHayesender

Well after struggling to juggle looking after mum and work the last couple of months, we've had to admit defeat and this morning she's being taken into hospice.

The palative care team and Marie curie nurses have been nothing short of fantastic, but nows the time for 24 hours care which is just impossible at home.

Christ, the NHS is far from perfect, but it needs protecting with every bone in our body.

Much love to you all and your families x

Poll: Shamima Beghum

My mum. on 09:59 - Nov 24 with 1649 viewsterryb

Sorry to read that about your mum Hayes.

I very much agree with your sentiments about the NHS. Where would we be without it?
My mum. on 10:03 - Nov 24 with 1626 viewsnix

My mum. on 09:47 - Nov 24 by Hayesender

Well after struggling to juggle looking after mum and work the last couple of months, we've had to admit defeat and this morning she's being taken into hospice.

The palative care team and Marie curie nurses have been nothing short of fantastic, but nows the time for 24 hours care which is just impossible at home.

Christ, the NHS is far from perfect, but it needs protecting with every bone in our body.

Hospices are wonderful places in my experience in the way they care for people.

Hope you're bearing up okay Hayes. Take care of yourself too.
My mum. on 10:59 - Nov 24 with 1560 viewsSonofpugwash

So sorry to hear of your loss Snipper.
This wonderful poem may be of some comfort at this time,helped us through the bad moments...

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.

Everything remains exactly as it was.
I am I, and you are you,
and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is this death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-ho

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

My mum. on 11:07 - Nov 24 with 1548 viewsdaveB

Sorry to hear your news mate.

My Grandad and Uncle both ended up in a hospice which has been shut down in the last few years in Notting Hill. We tried everything to give them care at home but it just wasn't possible. The care they got was superb and the care they gave to us visiting family members was something I'll never forget.
My mum. on 11:38 - Nov 24 with 1519 viewsstowmarketrange

Best wishes to your mum and the rest of your family.I looked after my mum when she was diagnosed with cancer in 2004,but we had tremendous help from the Macmillan nurses,who did the bulk of her care.These wonderful people deal with it every day,and hopefully it’s something that we have to deal with very rarely.
Take comfort that she is in the best possible hands.
My mum. on 12:15 - Nov 24 with 1464 viewsSnipper

So sorry to hear that Dave. Your mum is in the best place now, and she knows that you done your best looking after her.

You’re so right about the palliative care nurses and Marie Curie nurses. They’re a credit to their profession, and are worth their weight in gold.

Stay strong mate.
My mum. on 12:49 - Nov 24 with 1418 viewsLythamR

Condolences and best wishes
My mum. on 13:04 - Nov 24 with 1398 viewsMalintabuk

I wish you the strength and peace to deal with this, I hope that your dear mum is at least comfortable
It's not so much the NHS as the institution but the people in it. 2 of my daughters are the 4th generation of nurses on their mothers side, and my wife renewed her pin and during Covid came out of retirement to nurse again.
They are special people nurses, but I guess I'm biased
My mum. on 13:19 - Nov 24 with 1367 viewsA40Bosh

Thanks for sharing that Hayes.

It is a tough decision, we went through that with my wife's family over in Cork just before Covid struck, when the family admitted that trying to rotate mum through various weeks of sons or daughters coming in and looking after her or taking her over to their house was just not fair on her and that is the important thing.

For them it was initially the guilt of "putting mum in a home" that delayed the inevitable but once they flipped their thinking to ask what is actually best for mum then the decision was easier to accept after she went in to the nursing home. The last 2 years allows the family to spend quality time there with her during daily or weekly visits and my Mrs flies home to Cork for a weekend very 3-4 weeks to spend time with her as her Alzheimer worsens with every visit. My Mrs comes away happy that her mum is with caring professionals who have the skills and energy levels ensuring mum is given the very best of care 24hrs 365 in a consistent and comfortable environment.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

My mum. on 13:39 - Nov 24 with 1318 viewsDiscodroids

Coming up to two years and I miss east ham dave everyday like the deserts miss the rain.

Love, Much Love, to Hayes and his family.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 13:40]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

My mum. on 13:43 - Nov 24 with 1312 viewsKonk

You haven't been defeated, mate - far from it. You've looked after your Mum as best you could, until you're now in a situation where she needs the care that can best be provided in somewhere like a hospice. The ones I've experienced have been unbelievable in the care they've provided and compassion they've shown to family and friends. I hope your Mum's comfortable. Go easy on yourself.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

My mum. on 16:11 - Nov 24 with 1199 viewswestberksr

you've done as much as you can and now let those able to take over do their job.

credit to you and your family for doing as much as you have. I hope your Mum is comfortable
My mum. on 16:44 - Nov 24 with 1172 viewsHayesender

Thank you for all your kind words, it's really appreciated.

Just back from St John's Wood, and leaving her there was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Off to the conny now as I really do need a drink and to see a few friendly faces.

Life eh!!!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

My mum. on 16:54 - Nov 24 with 1163 viewsdanehoop

My mum. on 16:44 - Nov 24 by Hayesender

Thank you for all your kind words, it's really appreciated.

Just back from St John's Wood, and leaving her there was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Off to the conny now as I really do need a drink and to see a few friendly faces.

Life eh!!!

My thoughts are with you mate. You have done the right thing, she will be looked after so well and get the care and support she needs.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024