Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My mum. 23:05 - Jul 15 with 13622 viewsSnipper

I’ve been the principal carer for my mum along with my niece for the last few years.
I’ve been very lucky having a job where I can do late shifts practically all the time.

She was given 2 months back in late February as it was discovered that she has a sizeable hole in her heart. I’ve treated each and every day like a bonus day.

She’s been deteriorating slowly, but took a big decline on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
We’re now just playing the waiting game. She’s a tough old Irish woman who’s made of stern stuff.

I’m just sitting here now holding her hand while playing old Irish songs on Alexa on a low volume, as I know she can here it. She likes listening to Larry Cunningham and Johnny McEvoy especially.

I count myself as extremely lucky to have a mum like her. We take things for granted in life, but I’ve definitely been lucky to have been blessed with her.

Sorry for burdening you all with this post, but I’m feeling emotional tonight while sitting here.
My mum. on 08:46 - Jul 16 with 1618 viewsKensal_Ranger

Very moving post, and tributes.
What a fine board this is...
My mum. on 08:47 - Jul 16 with 1617 viewsBerkoRanger

My mum. on 23:09 - Jul 15 by lightwaterhoop

Your not burdening anyone.God bless you both.

God Bless you both from me.
My mum. on 08:54 - Jul 16 with 1594 viewsswitchingcode

That’s a very sad and moving read your mum must be very proud of you god bless you all.
My mum. on 09:11 - Jul 16 with 1565 viewsBklynRanger

All the best to you and your mum, Snipper, sounds like you've been very lucky to have each other.
My mum. on 10:22 - Jul 16 with 1513 viewsHantsR

You're not burdening us at all with your post mate. I hope that sharing your emotional thoughts with this community can be cathartic. I don't think you can do better than playing her favourite music, holding her hand - perfect. Many of us on this board, including myself have had similar experiences and have some idea of what you're going through, so our hearts are with you at this time and trust you can stay strong.
My mum. on 10:23 - Jul 16 with 1511 viewsbosh67

You are a star man for looking after your mum. She is blessed to have a son like you.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

My mum. on 10:24 - Jul 16 with 1510 viewsdanehoop

Thoughts are with you both.

Never knowingly understood

My mum. on 11:31 - Jul 16 with 1483 viewsMoonshineSteve

Sorry mate. Keep going.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

My mum. on 11:54 - Jul 16 with 1470 viewsdmm

My heart goes out to you, your mum and your family. There's such a bittersweetness in moments like these. You're doing amazingly well.
My mum. on 12:44 - Jul 16 with 1447 viewsloftboy

My thoughts are with you snipper

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

My mum. on 12:50 - Jul 16 with 1444 viewsflynnbo

Stay strong and savour your time together. Thinking of you both.
My mum. on 13:31 - Jul 16 with 1418 viewsrrrspricey

My mum. on 12:50 - Jul 16 by flynnbo

Stay strong and savour your time together. Thinking of you both.

Really sorry to hear that Mark. It reminded me of my mum's passing where i was lucky enough to be at her side so she hopefully knew she wasn't alone.

You're a fine fella taking care of her like that and cherish these last moments with her.
My mum. on 13:33 - Jul 16 with 1415 viewshantssi

Just come across this thread.
It’s no burden at all, I’d like to think we’ll all be here for each other in difficult circumstances.
Keep your chin up, you’re a good son how I’m sure she’s very proud of.
My mum. on 14:28 - Jul 16 with 1389 viewsterryb

I can only echo what everyone else has posted. Best wishes to you Snipper & your mum.

We knew that my mother & my mother in law were passing away, but they wouldn't go until they had said goodbye to all of the family. I'm so pleased that I had the chance to tell them I loved them & to thank them for all that they had done for me/us.

Best wishes to you & all of your family.
My mum. on 14:40 - Jul 16 with 1375 viewsJuzzie

I can't add any more than what has already been said. Best wishes to you and your family in this sad time. I'm sure everyone is thinking of all the lovely times.
My mum. on 14:53 - Jul 16 with 1353 viewsMick_S

No burden, Snipper. The good memories will last forever.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

My mum. on 15:14 - Jul 16 with 1330 viewsPinnerPaul

Once again the wordsmiths of LFW have said it all.

Thinking of you and all Rs fans in a similar position.
My mum. on 15:53 - Jul 16 with 1289 viewskarl

My mum. on 09:11 - Jul 16 by BklynRanger

All the best to you and your mum, Snipper, sounds like you've been very lucky to have each other.

Exactly as Brooklyn says.
I'm sure there's many good memories to help in these moments.
My mum. on 16:09 - Jul 16 with 1278 viewsmarky67

i`ve been in exactly the same position as you snipper as i was the main carer for my mum when she battled cancer.
she too was a strong willed irish woman from tipperary and managed to keep going all her different health problems.
keep going and enjoy your last days/weeks with her as she will with you even though she may not be able to express it .
god bless to you both.
My mum. on 16:15 - Jul 16 with 1270 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My thoughts and love to you both, Snipper x

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

My mum. on 20:25 - Jul 16 with 1125 viewsHayesender

Sorry to hear that Mark. I'm not long in the door from charing Cross hospital where my dear old mum has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given a matter of months.

Just sitting in the garden having a beer between tears and laughter reminiscing.

Take care mate x

Poll: Shamima Beghum

My mum. on 21:15 - Jul 16 with 1087 viewsterryb

My mum. on 20:25 - Jul 16 by Hayesender

Sorry to hear that Mark. I'm not long in the door from charing Cross hospital where my dear old mum has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given a matter of months.

Just sitting in the garden having a beer between tears and laughter reminiscing.

Take care mate x

Sorry to read that Hayes.

My best wishes to your mum, yourself, family & friends.

You will never forget the next few months & how strong your relationship is with your mother.
My mum. on 21:27 - Jul 16 with 1069 viewsSnipper

Thank you so much for the lovely messages on here. I can’t tell you how much it means to me. This really is a special board.

My mum is refusing to let go. The palliative nurse said earlier that she can’t believe she’s still going. I think I could sing every Irish song as I’ve heard the lot. We’re taking it minute by minute.

Thanks again everyone. ❤️❤️
My mum. on 21:29 - Jul 16 with 1062 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Take care mate x

Sorry to hear that, Hayes. You look after yourself, my man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

My mum. on 21:31 - Jul 16 with 1054 viewsSnipper

Take care mate x

Dave, I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. You’re doing the right thing having a few drinks.

May you and the family find the strength to get through this.

Take care fella. ❤️
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024