Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley 21:55 - Aug 18 with 8017 viewsWatfordR

Think it's worth dialling back a bit on expectations for this game. No Odubajo, I reckon no Wallace, maybe no Dykes, one or two others struggling and the rest will be knackered.

I think I'd be pleased with a point right now.
Barnsley on 22:06 - Aug 18 with 4640 viewsAntti_Heinola

yeah i was thinking that. A fantastic win, but may come at a huge price. I think McCallum is back for the weekend, so Warbs could throw him in because Wallace is defo out I think, or play Barbs as LWB and put Dunne in I guess. Hopefully De Wijs can play one more then sit out Oxford, which Jojo will defo miss too. You would imagine Dykes will be out, which is a blow and Moses is suspended so:

Dieng
Kakay Dickie De Wijs Dunne Barbs
Jojo Ball
Willock Chair
Austin

Then v Oxford I would imagine Dieng, De Wijs, Jojo, Ball, Willock and Austin will all be rested, so Kelman may get a start.

Bare bones.

Barnsley on 22:11 - Aug 18 with 4578 viewsdavman

Barnsley on 22:06 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

yeah i was thinking that. A fantastic win, but may come at a huge price. I think McCallum is back for the weekend, so Warbs could throw him in because Wallace is defo out I think, or play Barbs as LWB and put Dunne in I guess. Hopefully De Wijs can play one more then sit out Oxford, which Jojo will defo miss too. You would imagine Dykes will be out, which is a blow and Moses is suspended so:

Dieng
Jojo Ball
Willock Chair
Austin

Then v Oxford I would imagine Dieng, De Wijs, Jojo, Ball, Willock and Austin will all be rested, so Kelman may get a start.

Austin will not be playing. No way.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barnsley on 22:11 - Aug 18 with 4576 viewsWokingR

Barnsley on 22:06 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

Dieng
Jojo Ball
Willock Chair
Austin

We should rest even more as we’ve shown tonight we don’t need 11 on the pitch.
Let’s confuse them by only starting with 8 or 9 and then see how it goes.
Can always throw a few on at half time.
Barnsley on 22:18 - Aug 18 with 4488 viewsTW_R

It’s going to be a good measure of where we are. Traditionally, after an amazing mid-week away win like tonight, we would go on to struggle at home on a Saturday against teams that you would think we should do Ok against.
Barnsley on 22:21 - Aug 18 with 4435 viewsHarbour

Barnsley on 22:11 - Aug 18 by davman

It’s ok Dickie can play up top!
Barnsley on 22:23 - Aug 18 with 4402 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barnsley on 22:11 - Aug 18 by davman

not sure what the rule is, but the ref gave a foul, so he saw it. not entirely sure he can then be punished respectively. Could be wrong.

Bare bones.

Barnsley on 22:24 - Aug 18 with 4377 viewsgolborne

If they’re both out we might see Armstrong on the bench come Saturday
Barnsley on 22:28 - Aug 18 with 4326 viewsWatfordR

Barnsley on 22:23 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

not sure what the rule is, but the ref gave a foul, so he saw it. not entirely sure he can then be punished respectively. Could be wrong.

I've just said that on another thread. He saw the incident, deemed it a free kick and no more. I think that's the end of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley on 22:30 - Aug 18 with 4286 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Barnsley on 22:23 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

If that's the case then he might just get away with it. Either way he needs to eradicate such petulance from his game and focus on getting fit. He's a senior player and we're going to need a positive contribution from Austin if QPR are to make waves this season.
Barnsley on 22:34 - Aug 18 with 4247 viewsBenny_the_Ball

McCallum can come in for Wallace and Kakay steps in for Odubajo. The real issue is up front if Dykes is injured and Austin banned. Kelman may get his chance to show what he can do.
Barnsley on 22:35 - Aug 18 with 4226 viewsT_Block

Yes I think Charlie will get away with it.

Hall shook hands with him afterwards....
Ref did not give anything

Lets wait and see.

Kakay is a good replacement,Dunne also Defence will survive

Can Albert play centrally?
Barnsley on 22:36 - Aug 18 with 4205 viewsWatfordR

Barnsley on 22:34 - Aug 18 by Benny_the_Ball

McCallum can come in for Wallace and Kakay steps in for Odubajo. The real issue is up front if Dykes is injured and Austin banned. Kelman may get his chance to show what he can do.

Funnily enough, that may not be the end of the world against Barnsley going forward. It'll be one less big fella to use defending set pieces though.
Barnsley on 01:08 - Aug 19 with 3849 viewsVancouverHoop

I wonder how badly injured Dykes is? He was sitting down for ages, I thought it was "break their momentum" injury, but it could be the real deal.
Barnsley on 03:11 - Aug 19 with 3716 viewsstainrods_elbow

It was a great win tonight, but we must aim for 3 points against the Tykes at HQ if we're to be contenders - no question. Why anyone would settle for a point against a mediocre side in our cave just because we've played one tiring mid-week game (and got one fine result) is beyond me. Good players want to be good players every game, as John 'bring your dinner with you' Sillett once rightly opined. I trust MW and his staff will be really at it come Saturday afternoon on that basis. (It would help if he could stop moaning about the scheduling while telling us he isn't - there isn't a vendetta against QPR here, and if fit professional players can't manage two games in four days, there's something wrong with them.)

Rangers 3 (Barbet, Dykes, Adomah)
Tykes 1 (o.g)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Barnsley on 03:34 - Aug 19 with 3710 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Barnsley on 03:11 - Aug 19 by stainrods_elbow

It was a great win tonight, but we must aim for 3 points against the Tykes at HQ if we're to be contenders - no question. Why anyone would settle for a point against a mediocre side in our cave just because we've played one tiring mid-week game (and got one fine result) is beyond me. Good players want to be good players every game, as John 'bring your dinner with you' Sillett once rightly opined. I trust MW and his staff will be really at it come Saturday afternoon on that basis. (It would help if he could stop moaning about the scheduling while telling us he isn't - there isn't a vendetta against QPR here, and if fit professional players can't manage two games in four days, there's something wrong with them.)

Rangers 3 (Barbet, Dykes, Adomah)
Tykes 1 (o.g)

I agree. Three points on Saturday, beat Oxford and then three points against Coventry to go into the international break. Brilliant though tonight's result is, you can already see that Fulham and WBA are looking good (among others), so let's keep being ruthless and nail down wins whenever we can.
Barnsley on 08:02 - Aug 19 with 3342 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Championship is a highly competitive league where no team has the right to expect anything. However, make no mistake, MW and the boys will be targeting 3 points and I'm no different.
Barnsley on 08:44 - Aug 19 with 3221 viewsSK_hoops

Rs to win 3-2. Rob Dickie to score a bicycle kick a la Trevor Sinclair.
Barnsley on 09:52 - Aug 19 with 3120 viewssimmo

Yeah Saturday will be a tough one, will be running on empty for a lot of it. Luckily it's at home so the crowd can try to give them a little extra, but it will be difficult.

Let's hope that the result aside, we don't have to suffer anymore injuries.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barnsley on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 3056 viewsDubaiR

Dieng
dickie de vijs barbet
Kakay Dozzel Johanssen McCullum
Willock Chair
Austin

then Vs Oxford

Archer
Kakay Dunne Masterson
Uncle Bettache Dozzel McCullum
Kelman Austin Armstrong
Barnsley on 10:49 - Aug 19 with 2990 viewsted_hendrix

Saturday will be tough, all games are tough- three maybe four more games and we'll see where we are after everything has settled down.
Right now though I'm chuffed to bits with how we've started this campaign, six points deservedly won from the first two away games of the season is a superb return.

Many seasons ago when Barnsley got promoted to the Prem they were in the form of their lives, we drove to Oakwell and beat them easily against all the odds.

You must respect each and every club in this league.

Sermon over.

Amen.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Barnsley on 11:01 - Aug 19 with 2930 viewsnix

We've lost the last four matches against Barnsley, so it will be tough. Definitely hoping to stop the rot.

Incidentally, it's not just about playing two matches in four days, Warbs gets fed up because he gets no time on the training pitch as they have to rest after arriving home at godawful time in the morning. It does seem crazy to have it as policy to make your most distant games midweek.
Barnsley on 11:03 - Aug 19 with 2917 viewsrobith

Barnsley on 09:52 - Aug 19 by simmo

Yeah Saturday will be a tough one, will be running on empty for a lot of it. Luckily it's at home so the crowd can try to give them a little extra, but it will be difficult.

Luckily it's at home, so we can really start gutting in to the lads after the first missed pass
Barnsley on 11:17 - Aug 19 with 2880 viewsDaBurgh

Barnsley on 09:52 - Aug 19 by simmo

To me it was obvious, but then what do I know, that Dykes knew that Charlie was scheduled to come on in a few mins. So decided to have a sit down to a:waste time, b:give the team a breather and c: give Charlie a couple mins to get ready to come on. Obvious, I think.
Barnsley on 11:21 - Aug 19 with 2865 viewsdaveB

They are the worst team we could play after a game like that, they will be 100 miles an hour so can see us struggling in this one which is why Warburton is so angry about it.

One of those games though where we need to defend well, no silly mistakes and make sure last 15 minutes we are still in the game. Thats a bit negative and boring I know
Barnsley on 11:43 - Aug 19 with 2796 viewsDorse

Facing the Barnsley flamethrower approach to Championship football on Saturday is the equivalent of having a massive fry up the morning after an epic drinking session. It will either kill us or we'll be phoning the lads laughing about the last time and arranging where we'll be going later.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024