Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray inbound 11:18 - Aug 30 with 42502 viewsJames_Paddocks

Having a medical this morning, according to the wonderful world of QPR Twitter...

Watford fans seem delighted to see the back of him.

I'll trust Warbs, Les and Lee though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:54]
Andre Gray inbound on 18:14 - Aug 30 with 4225 viewsDavieQPR

I suppose the other thing about Gray is he knows and suits MW's tactics and therefore should settle in quickly.
Andre Gray inbound on 18:45 - Aug 30 with 3989 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We should be proud of ourselves.

We would have been like a Cocker Spaniel on it’s owners leg over this transfer a few years ago. Our scepticism shows we’ve grown as fans and brought into the system by and large.

Hopefully we’ll be his road to Damascus club.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 18:46]
Andre Gray inbound on 18:49 - Aug 30 with 3962 viewsloftus77

Given that, for me, Rangers have been all about Project Sensible' - 'steady as she goes'- in recent times (and are reaping deserved rewards), this news comes as a shock.

For me, it all depends on where the genuine initiative for this came from:

If it comes straight from Warbs at his own request as part of a measured Plan - good news.

If it came from the board to Warbs saying (dare I misquote it) 'promotion means everything to us this season ' - then not good news at all.

I know a fair few Watford fans - the 'mood music' from them is not good.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 18:50]
Andre Gray inbound on 19:15 - Aug 30 with 3799 viewsKensal_Ranger

Why would anyone, knowingly, buy an apple that's been labelled as 'Bad'?

Would take some doing to end a joyous run of games that we've just enjoyed but I think we might be about to achieve that.
Andre Gray inbound on 19:18 - Aug 30 with 3775 viewsToast_R

Ive heard he's in the Mix...
Andre Gray inbound on 19:22 - Aug 30 with 3744 viewsSuperhoops2808

Andre Gray inbound on 14:04 - Aug 30 by Match82

Well we are light on the "boo boy" position with this squad...

There have been several nominations from on here believe me!!

Thomas springs to mind along with Dozzell too at times
Andre Gray inbound on 19:35 - Aug 30 with 3624 viewsNed_Kennedys

Andre Gray inbound on 19:15 - Aug 30 by Kensal_Ranger

Why would anyone, knowingly, buy an apple that's been labelled as 'Bad'?

Would take some doing to end a joyous run of games that we've just enjoyed but I think we might be about to achieve that.

Oh for goodness sake
Andre Gray inbound on 19:45 - Aug 30 with 3566 viewssuperstan

Can we not trust the powers to be, it may work out it may not but got to give it a chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray inbound on 19:46 - Aug 30 with 3563 viewsSuffolk

If we are successful this season it will be down to having a strong squad . We can't rely on the same 11 week in week out. The arrival of Gray will improve our squad and our chance of success. I look forward to seeing him wear the hoops.
Andre Gray inbound on 19:51 - Aug 30 with 3521 viewsMedwayR

I'm not keen on this but I'm willing to trust Warbs et al.

After all, Hull fans weren't sad to see De Wijs go and Wallace left Glasgow Rangers having been frozen out. We'll see...

Poll: Who’s better?

Andre Gray inbound on 20:05 - Aug 30 with 3418 viewsStainrod

Andre Gray inbound on 18:45 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

We should be proud of ourselves.

We would have been like a Cocker Spaniel on it’s owners leg over this transfer a few years ago. Our scepticism shows we’ve grown as fans and brought into the system by and large.

Hopefully we’ll be his road to Damascus club.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 18:46]

So true...
Andre Gray inbound on 20:13 - Aug 30 with 3359 viewsSK_hoops

My Watford mate reckons he's one of the most over rated strikers ever. Time to prove the naysayers wrong then methinks.
Andre Gray inbound on 20:30 - Aug 30 with 3238 viewsCamberleyR

Andre Gray inbound on 17:16 - Aug 30 by flynnbo

Wonder what the reaction would have been had there been social media around when we were about to sign Stan-a permanent signing as well. Give the lad a chance, please.

Bowles? What the hell are we signing him for? Bombed out of Man City, Bury and Crewe so must have a bad attitude. And why are Carlisle selling him? £110000 is a massive risk, half the Marsh fee. What's Jago playing at?

He won't be as good as Rodney anyway.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 20:33]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Andre Gray inbound on 20:42 - Aug 30 with 3143 viewsRamseyR

Didn't we have Ravel Morrison on loan just before our last promotion?

That worked out ok, so I'm relatively comfortable with a dose of deja vu.
Andre Gray inbound on 20:56 - Aug 30 with 3044 viewsstevenagehoop

Andre Gray inbound on 20:30 - Aug 30 by CamberleyR

Bowles? What the hell are we signing him for? Bombed out of Man City, Bury and Crewe so must have a bad attitude. And why are Carlisle selling him? £110000 is a massive risk, half the Marsh fee. What's Jago playing at?

He won't be as good as Rodney anyway.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 20:33]

Yes 15k for Marsh sold for over 200k. Bowles costing 110k. Fortunate to see them both

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Andre Gray inbound on 21:11 - Aug 30 with 2958 viewstkqpr

Andre Gray inbound on 19:18 - Aug 30 by Toast_R

Ive heard he's in the Mix...

Just a Little...
Andre Gray inbound on 21:59 - Aug 30 with 2741 viewsGloryHunter

Just read this whole thread in one sitting. One thought - Rangers under Warbs have done some good business signing players with a history of physical injuries, which made them unattractive to other clubs, and cheap, and most of them seem to be looking pretty good with us, under careful medical care and management. So why not take a chance with a player who has a history of mental "injury" - if I can put it that way? Recently married, new father, 30 years old, last chance to make his mark. Lets give the guy a chance.
Andre Gray inbound on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 2728 viewswombat

Andre Gray inbound on 21:11 - Aug 30 by tkqpr

Just a Little...

A certain Troy deeney is Aval as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Andre Gray inbound on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 2726 viewsjeffranger

Andre Gray inbound on 21:59 - Aug 30 by GloryHunter

Just read this whole thread in one sitting. One thought - Rangers under Warbs have done some good business signing players with a history of physical injuries, which made them unattractive to other clubs, and cheap, and most of them seem to be looking pretty good with us, under careful medical care and management. So why not take a chance with a player who has a history of mental "injury" - if I can put it that way? Recently married, new father, 30 years old, last chance to make his mark. Lets give the guy a chance.

Totally agree & good post
Andre Gray inbound on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 2722 viewsdmm

Andre Gray inbound on 22:01 - Aug 30 by wombat

Deeney has gone to Brum
Andre Gray inbound on 22:32 - Aug 30 with 2560 viewsGloryHunter

Andre Gray inbound on 22:01 - Aug 30 by dmm

Deeney has gone to Brum

Should be a good fit with Lee "I don't want to be served by a Paki" Bowyer.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2405181/Knight-loses-his-shine-by-harbouring-B

"What is the sense of football stating its avowed intent to rid the game of hooligan racists when it gives in excess of £50,000 a week to a man with a record like Bowyer?
He first appeared in court in 1996 when he admitted committing affray at a McDonald's restaurant. "I don't want to be served by a Paki," he said, before throwing chairs at two Asian staff. He was fined £4,500. It could be argued the magistrates gave him a second chance.
Next, his friends assaulted Sarfraz Najeib in a Leeds street and left him unconscious. Bowyer was cleared by a jury. However the judge made him pay his own costs because his interviews with the police had been "littered with lies".
"
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 22:35]
Andre Gray inbound on 04:01 - Aug 31 with 2167 viewsLoftgirl

Andre Gray inbound on 22:01 - Aug 30 by wombat

Andre Gray inbound on 04:06 - Aug 31 with 2165 viewsLoftgirl

Andre Gray inbound on 11:31 - Aug 30 by eghamranger

In warbs we trust.

I just hope he isn’t a bit too big for his boots, with his girlfriend/ social media stuff and it disrupts the dressing room.

Is a decent player in there, but probably lacking confidence on the pitch and Watford want rid as he isn’t premier league quality and is on big money.

Just glad it’s not Troy Deeney

I trust this wouldn't even be considered by Warbs if he thought there was any hint of possible problems or dissent in the dressing room.
The clincher for me, is that Sir Les rated him enough to want him a few years ago. I think Les knows a good striker when he sees one.
Andre Gray inbound on 05:35 - Aug 31 with 2122 viewsnix

Andre Gray inbound on 04:06 - Aug 31 by Loftgirl

I trust this wouldn't even be considered by Warbs if he thought there was any hint of possible problems or dissent in the dressing room.
The clincher for me, is that Sir Les rated him enough to want him a few years ago. I think Les knows a good striker when he sees one.

I agree. That's something he's been absolutely adamant about, to the extent of almost cutting off his nose to spite his face with Manning and Kane.

Of course it's a risk but so have Field, Amos, De Wijs, Dykes, Eze, Wallace and Willock been risks. There's a slightly lower risk because they've worked together before and I'm sure, knowing Warbs, he's been absolutely frank about not putting up with any nonsense from him. We've also got a couple of senior people in Johansen and Austin that could slap him down quite easily.

It's a loan, not a purchase, and I doubt if we're paying a loan fee, so for someone who was a one in two or one in three striker for Brentford and Burnley, it could be a good move for us, but if it goes tits up we've not got an ongoing commitment.

Finally, he's going to be playing for his next contract, so his agent's going to be in his ear to work hard for the next eight months.

I'm nervous but prepared to welcome the guy.
Andre Gray inbound on 07:44 - Aug 31 with 1901 viewscpgerber

Might just be the man to help us with decent cup runs this season. Will make me feel comfortable that we have enough depth to get through the season without too much crisis, if and when Field & Amos are available again too. Might have preferred to hang on to Masterson, but he's playing every game so far at Cambridge, so perhaps a better move for his development.

Not too worried about this... he would have been made clear what he should expect here. Warbs won't take any nonsense.

Can we recall Faisal and/or Masterson in January if needed, or are those set as season-long deals? Same for Bonne.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024