Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray inbound 11:18 - Aug 30 with 42333 viewsJames_Paddocks

Having a medical this morning, according to the wonderful world of QPR Twitter...

Watford fans seem delighted to see the back of him.

I'll trust Warbs, Les and Lee though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:54]
Andre Gray inbound on 12:44 - Aug 30 with 3099 viewsted_hendrix

Oh look, we've managed to condemn a player before he's even signed for us or got his QPR kit on.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Andre Gray inbound on 12:44 - Aug 30 with 3096 viewsMyke

Andre Gray inbound on 12:15 - Aug 30 by CiderwithRsie

Rumour (e.g. https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/kane-in-line-for-coventry-move-as-qpr-look-t ) seems to be that we would only sign him if we could off-load Kane, so might be worth watching if that comes off.

Warburton did say that he only expected to sign more players if someone left, so maybe that is a one-bellend-out, one-bellend-in thing.

Kinda clinging to hope that it's just a loan and some sort of insurance policy re Charlie and Lyndon. Also that Charlie, Jordi, Wallace and Stef etc. will stamp hard on any f*ckwittery.

Don't think 'I'm a better player' comes even close to ' there are too many gays about' on the bellendery richter scale. For those that have been screaming 'Kane out' , be careful what you wish for!
Andre Gray inbound on 12:45 - Aug 30 with 3092 viewsPhilmyRs

Andre Gray inbound on 12:14 - Aug 30 by Jigsore

those tweets always stuck out for me because while we've seen footballers charged with historic offences from social media in the past they're usually from when they were teenagers, 16 or 17, saying stupid childish things that teenagers often do - especially to their friends.

i also accept and understand why they're punished for them even if it seems unfortunate to get a ban over a 10 year old tweet you fired off when you were in school

Andre Gray's offence on the other hand... the guy was 20 and posted something particularly nasty. something I don't think you would post unless you genuinely meant it. I don't like him, and I don't want him here

At 20 though Gray was playing non-league, was probably still knocking around with the same mates, probably didn't see much of a future for himself and by all accounts had endured a tough upbringing. Personally, I do think you can change and the work he's put into his game get to the top shows that.

Certainly horrible stuff he put out there with his tweets, but I do think you can change and become a different person. Going from non-league to the Premiership shows he must have made fairly big changes in order to achieve his dreams and it wouldn't surprise me if this involved a wider review of his life and his overall outlook and the goals he wanted to set himself and how he would achieve them.

I could be wrong but I do think he's a very different person, although still not sure he's the right fit for us.
Andre Gray inbound on 12:45 - Aug 30 with 3089 viewsLogman

Looks like a right tool. Feel sorry for the players having to put up with him.
Andre Gray inbound on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 3072 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andre Gray inbound on 12:44 - Aug 30 by Myke

Don't think 'I'm a better player' comes even close to ' there are too many gays about' on the bellendery richter scale. For those that have been screaming 'Kane out' , be careful what you wish for!

What are the units on a Bellendery Richter scale? I'm voting for "Terrys".
Andre Gray inbound on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 3069 viewsSharpy36

Just been reading it`s a season long loan. This will run down his contract at Watford and at 30 years old will effectively be last chance saloon for him before he slides down the football pyramid. He wouldn`t be my first choice but in Warbs we trust.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Andre Gray inbound on 12:56 - Aug 30 with 2999 viewsjeffranger

Andre Gray inbound on 12:44 - Aug 30 by ted_hendrix

Oh look, we've managed to condemn a player before he's even signed for us or got his QPR kit on.

Exactly! can’t believe what I read, give the bloke a bloody chance if & when he signs
Andre Gray inbound on 13:07 - Aug 30 with 2915 viewsgigiisourgod

Andre Gray inbound on 12:56 - Aug 30 by jeffranger

Exactly! can’t believe what I read, give the bloke a bloody chance if & when he signs

Good signing or not, yet to be determined, it is a big statement from the board. He won’t be coming cheaply IMO and is a real statement:

1. How well/steady the ship currently is that we can afford this gamble for someone who is being brought in to improve the squad

2. They believe this season could be our best shot at promotion and are willing to pull out all the stops to try and give us every possible chance.

Love the ambition being shown and on the back of previous recruitment am inclined to trust the process on this one.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray inbound on 13:08 - Aug 30 with 2905 viewsswitchingcode

Andre Gray inbound on 11:46 - Aug 30 by s1cRanger

Seen that Brentford want to send Joel Valencia out on loan. Can't we get him instead as a rapid forward player. Ok maybe not a striker but scored a load in the Championship and proven at this level

Maybe you are getting mixed up with Tariqe Fosu who is being offered out on loan.Very unlucky to be left out of the squad never let us down and can play in various positions would be a starter for most Championship teams.
Andre Gray inbound on 13:10 - Aug 30 with 2888 viewsfrancisbowles

Andre Gray inbound on 12:56 - Aug 30 by jeffranger

Agree. It seems that some of the posts on here are made without reading the thread first and seeing what there is in the mitigation column.
Andre Gray inbound on 13:21 - Aug 30 with 2781 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andre Gray inbound on 12:45 - Aug 30 by PhilmyRs

At 20 though Gray was playing non-league, was probably still knocking around with the same mates, probably didn't see much of a future for himself and by all accounts had endured a tough upbringing. Personally, I do think you can change and the work he's put into his game get to the top shows that.

Certainly horrible stuff he put out there with his tweets, but I do think you can change and become a different person. Going from non-league to the Premiership shows he must have made fairly big changes in order to achieve his dreams and it wouldn't surprise me if this involved a wider review of his life and his overall outlook and the goals he wanted to set himself and how he would achieve them.

I could be wrong but I do think he's a very different person, although still not sure he's the right fit for us.

I've absolutely no idea about him, but as with the cricketer Ollie Robinson I think the world is in a very bad place if we don't accept that people can change and get better. That's the whole point of calling them out when they get it wrong.

At 20 you are the product of your family, the place you grew up in, your school mates etc. I don't know what any of these were like for him either but point is that prejudice is learned, kids aren't born like that, and understanding others is also learned by meeting people who are different, which most of us haven't done much at that age.

I'm more bothered by the more recent stories e.g. the quarantine breach. But Warburton knows him so let's hope if signed that Warbs can get him on the right path again, it might be what the bloke needs.
Andre Gray inbound on 13:22 - Aug 30 with 2769 viewsMick_S

Andre Gray inbound on 12:45 - Aug 30 by Logman

Looks like a right tool. Feel sorry for the players having to put up with him.

They won’t if - if he plays up. Nor will the boss.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Andre Gray inbound on 13:27 - Aug 30 with 2730 viewsNoelmc

Andre Gray inbound on 12:47 - Aug 30 by CiderwithRsie

Would have to be decimals of a Terry e.g Joey Barton as a 0.7 Terry. I can only think of one single 1.0 Terry!
Andre Gray inbound on 13:31 - Aug 30 with 2698 viewsQPR_John

Andre Gray inbound on 13:22 - Aug 30 by Mick_S

They won’t if - if he plays up. Nor will the boss.

The players this management team have bought in have been pretty good in terms of talent and attitude. You have to accept with this possible transfer they know what they are doing.
Andre Gray inbound on 13:34 - Aug 30 with 2680 viewsdmm

Just discovered Gray was Championship player of the year in 2016 when he was with Burnley. However, like most, I find this one a bit of a head scratcher. Wasn't there another striker we could sign who can run a bit?

Perhaps there'll be a cancellation clause in the loan agreement in case he does cause trouble?
Andre Gray inbound on 13:43 - Aug 30 with 2623 viewsdistortR

yeah, there's a great local saying - "judge me by the man I am, not the man I was".

Just so glad we didn't have social media when I was young - the shit I spoke was just to mates.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 13:56]
Andre Gray inbound on 13:44 - Aug 30 with 2616 viewsterryb

I find this one a little difficult to understand.

Not that MW would like another forward & one that has pace, but would Gray be happy to spend more time sitting on a bench? Come to that, would Charlie & Lyndon be happy to spend more time on the bench?

I certainly believe our manager knows what he can bring to the club, but I'm struggling to see how he will fit in. I assume he would also be an option for Chair & Willock's role if needed?

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the equivalent of Warnock signing Rob Hulse!
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 13:52]
Andre Gray inbound on 13:47 - Aug 30 with 2598 viewsdistortR

Andre Gray inbound on 12:47 - Aug 30 by CiderwithRsie

Yeah, has to be Terrys, but I would quite like to see the 'savage-sutton standard'
Andre Gray inbound on 13:52 - Aug 30 with 2560 viewswood_hoop

Judging by the posts seems very much a 'marmite player', the least we can do is give the guy a chance, MW doing a fine job and his judgement should be trusted, if he does revert to his past undoings then imagine he will get short shrift from players and supporters.

He has the chance to blossum with us hopefully he takes the oppurtinity with both hands.
Andre Gray inbound on 14:02 - Aug 30 with 2476 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Gray inbound on 13:43 - Aug 30 by distortR

yeah, there's a great local saying - "judge me by the man I am, not the man I was".

Just so glad we didn't have social media when I was young - the shit I spoke was just to mates.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 13:56]

Ya.....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Andre Gray inbound on 14:04 - Aug 30 with 2461 viewsMatch82

Well we are light on the "boo boy" position with this squad...
Andre Gray inbound on 14:05 - Aug 30 with 2444 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well this is going to go one of two ways...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Andre Gray inbound on 14:08 - Aug 30 with 2416 viewsbosh67

Whatever he has done or said in the past if he does come here then he needs the fans to give him a chance. As people have said above, people say and make a lot of mistakes in life. Doesn't mean they can't change, even if you don't believe they can. Dwight Gale is a much better player and in the Wells mould and I'd personally gone after him if needed. Very much suited to our style of play.

All that said I think given a bit of proper match time that Kelman is the real deal. Get a few goals and I think he would be up and running.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Andre Gray inbound on 14:12 - Aug 30 with 2387 viewsrobith

I back Warbz but totally baffled. He just isn't very good.imo
Andre Gray inbound on 14:14 - Aug 30 with 2372 viewsLongsufferingR

It does only appear to be Watford where he's not been good. Brentford 2015 he scored 18 goals as they got to the playoffs under MW, and then won Championship Golden Boot at Burnley when they got promoted. Maybe all that talent has been bubbling under at Watford while 59 managers have come and gone in 4 years.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 14:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024