Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray inbound 11:18 - Aug 30 with 42348 viewsJames_Paddocks

Having a medical this morning, according to the wonderful world of QPR Twitter...

Watford fans seem delighted to see the back of him.

I'll trust Warbs, Les and Lee though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:54]
Andre Gray inbound on 14:18 - Aug 30 with 3753 viewssaxbend

He could be the Rob Hulse of this season. No-one knows why we got him but the rest of the squad does better anyway.
Andre Gray inbound on 14:52 - Aug 30 with 3541 viewsQPR_John

Andre Gray inbound on 13:44 - Aug 30 by terryb

I find this one a little difficult to understand.

Not that MW would like another forward & one that has pace, but would Gray be happy to spend more time sitting on a bench? Come to that, would Charlie & Lyndon be happy to spend more time on the bench?

I certainly believe our manager knows what he can bring to the club, but I'm struggling to see how he will fit in. I assume he would also be an option for Chair & Willock's role if needed?

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the equivalent of Warnock signing Rob Hulse!
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 13:52]

“ would Gray be happy to spend more time sitting on a bench? Come to that, would Charlie & Lyndon be happy to spend more time on the bench? ”

Surely that logic suggest we should not get an experienced striker and rely on Kelman should Dykes and/or Austin get injured.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 16:55]
Andre Gray inbound on 14:56 - Aug 30 with 3516 viewsMyke

Andre Gray inbound on 14:14 - Aug 30 by LongsufferingR

It does only appear to be Watford where he's not been good. Brentford 2015 he scored 18 goals as they got to the playoffs under MW, and then won Championship Golden Boot at Burnley when they got promoted. Maybe all that talent has been bubbling under at Watford while 59 managers have come and gone in 4 years.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 14:15]

In fairness Sean Dyche obviously takes no sh1t - even Barton behaved that year. Didn't retain him mind.
Andre Gray inbound on 14:59 - Aug 30 with 3487 viewsMyke

Andre Gray inbound on 14:52 - Aug 30 by QPR_John

“ would Gray be happy to spend more time sitting on a bench? Come to that, would Charlie & Lyndon be happy to spend more time on the bench? ”

Surely that logic suggest we should not get an experienced striker and rely on Kelman should Dykes and/or Austin get injured.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 16:55]

I don't think it's a case of getting in an 'experienced' striker so much as a different kind to what we have available. Neither Austin or Dykes are particularly quick and we seem to be looking for someone who will stretch the oppo defence and run in behind. Personally I would have preferred Vardy...
Andre Gray inbound on 15:03 - Aug 30 with 3443 viewsBoston

…oh, not Andy Gray then!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Andre Gray inbound on 15:08 - Aug 30 with 3423 viewsNorthantsHoop

We do need another striker, Gray probably not such a risk on a loan basis. In Warbs we trust he has pretty much nailed it on loan signings since managing the club. He has had more successes with loanees than failures. The only ones that sort of did not work out was Mlaker and Matt Smith. The rest have been good, Wells, Hugill, Amos, Austin, Field, De Wijs and Johansen.
Andre Gray inbound on 15:11 - Aug 30 with 3398 viewsdistortR

Andre Gray inbound on 14:02 - Aug 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya.....

yeah, you're agreeing expressly with the last bit rather then the sentiment as a whole, aren't you?!
Andre Gray inbound on 15:12 - Aug 30 with 3384 viewsMrSheen

Andre Gray inbound on 15:08 - Aug 30 by NorthantsHoop

We do need another striker, Gray probably not such a risk on a loan basis. In Warbs we trust he has pretty much nailed it on loan signings since managing the club. He has had more successes with loanees than failures. The only ones that sort of did not work out was Mlaker and Matt Smith. The rest have been good, Wells, Hugill, Amos, Austin, Field, De Wijs and Johansen.

Jack Clarke was pretty meh.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray inbound on 15:16 - Aug 30 with 3365 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Andre Gray inbound on 14:59 - Aug 30 by Myke

I don't think it's a case of getting in an 'experienced' striker so much as a different kind to what we have available. Neither Austin or Dykes are particularly quick and we seem to be looking for someone who will stretch the oppo defence and run in behind. Personally I would have preferred Vardy...

We’re losing Dieng for several weeks due to the ACN, not sure we want to lose Rebekah for several weeks due to her case against Coleen.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Andre Gray inbound on 15:18 - Aug 30 with 3349 viewsdistortR

Andre Gray inbound on 15:16 - Aug 30 by PlanetHonneywood

We’re losing Dieng for several weeks due to the ACN, not sure we want to lose Rebekah for several weeks due to her case against Coleen.

i didn't know he'd even done his acn, what's the usual recovery time?

Andre Gray inbound on 15:43 - Aug 30 with 3188 viewsBklynRanger

A lot of the detail in those earlier links is fairly off-putting for various reasons, but a bit of a google confirms he does seem to be a player who feels a bond of whatever kind (other than a Kevin bond jesus wept) with Warburton.

Think we can expect an opening interview with a good solid bingo card of 'fresh start', 'promotion challenge', 'gaffer a massive part of the decision' and other staples.

If they're going to chuck TK Kane-o out for dissing Kakay they're unlikely to put up with too much nonsense off him, so I'm quietly optimistic about what Warbo feels he can do with this one.
Andre Gray inbound on 15:46 - Aug 30 with 3163 viewsSnipper

Football players are no different to anybody else. If you’ve got a good boss, your productivity will be a lot higher than if you had a bad boss. Mark Warburton obviously likes and respects Andre Gray, and Andre Gray obviously likes and respects Mark Warburton.

MW thinks he can get the best out of AG, so that can only be good for our club. If AG gives MW any trouble, he’ll be sent back to Watford.

Everybody has to trust the manager here. His loan record ratio is very good.
Andre Gray inbound on 16:03 - Aug 30 with 3064 viewsdmm

WLS saying with Gray incoming Kelman will be loaned out this season. That's good and I hope it's to a decent L1 side.

I wonder if we'll see a few more loans out though I guess they'll want to keep some back for the B team.
Andre Gray inbound on 16:09 - Aug 30 with 3013 viewsLazyFan

Andre Gray inbound on 16:03 - Aug 30 by dmm

WLS saying with Gray incoming Kelman will be loaned out this season. That's good and I hope it's to a decent L1 side.

I wonder if we'll see a few more loans out though I guess they'll want to keep some back for the B team.

Kelmen should be loaned to Orient, Smyth is injured again so they need a striker :p

I watched some of his goals from last season and he did not look that fast to me. I suspect we don't have much in the kitty and this is all we can get with what we do have, even after sending Todd Kane to Coventry!

In Warbs we trust.

zzzzzzzzzz

Andre Gray inbound on 16:11 - Aug 30 with 2993 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Gray inbound on 15:11 - Aug 30 by distortR

yeah, you're agreeing expressly with the last bit rather then the sentiment as a whole, aren't you?!

Ya....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Andre Gray inbound on 16:14 - Aug 30 with 2973 viewsqueensparker

Saw a fair bit of him when he was at Brentford and he was really good - a dangerous focal point up front scoring plenty of goals in a Warbuton team playing football not far off our team right now.

I can see why Warbs thinks he can resurrect him and could be a decent piece of business - as we keep saying we're only going to get cast-offs, unprovens and kids at our budget (and Johansen) so I think this could be a good signing, his ill advised tweets notwithstanding.

That he failed at Watford doesn't mean we should write him off. They're a mental club. He must have had at least seven managers in that time.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 16:17]
Andre Gray inbound on 16:18 - Aug 30 with 2933 viewsstrikerace

Well it will be interesting to see who is the striker that sits the majority of the time. Will Gray be happy coming on for 10 minutes a match, or only playing in the occasional random match? I would be Austin or Dykes wouldn't be. Even if they go 2 upfront with Austin and Dykes exclusively, which they may now, that means Gray gets mostly splinters
Andre Gray inbound on 16:34 - Aug 30 with 2818 viewsdmm

Andre Gray inbound on 16:18 - Aug 30 by strikerace

Well it will be interesting to see who is the striker that sits the majority of the time. Will Gray be happy coming on for 10 minutes a match, or only playing in the occasional random match? I would be Austin or Dykes wouldn't be. Even if they go 2 upfront with Austin and Dykes exclusively, which they may now, that means Gray gets mostly splinters

I'd expect the choice of striker for each game to be mainly tactical and against teams that press high such as Barnsley, we may see Gray start.

I get the sense that Warburton feels teams are working out how best to play against us so Gray's pace will provide useful new options to our attacking patterns.
Andre Gray inbound on 16:34 - Aug 30 with 2792 viewsRussian__Bot

Andre Gray inbound on 16:18 - Aug 30 by strikerace

6 games in 17 days in September can absolutely guarantee he's needed and will get minutes.

Plus helps us with the obvious risk of losing either Austin or Dykes to injury or suspension

If he wants more minutes he can fight for the shirt. He's playing for his next contract. Has newborn twins and obvious quality considering his previous price tag

I'm very happy with this signing
Andre Gray inbound on 16:44 - Aug 30 with 2739 viewsdistortR

Andre Gray inbound on 16:09 - Aug 30 by LazyFan

Kelmen should be loaned to Orient, Smyth is injured again so they need a striker :p

I watched some of his goals from last season and he did not look that fast to me. I suspect we don't have much in the kitty and this is all we can get with what we do have, even after sending Todd Kane to Coventry!

In Warbs we trust.

if Kelman is loaned out, I hope it's with the proviso of an immediate recall if necessary, we would still be one injury away from being very short up front.
Andre Gray inbound on 17:07 - Aug 30 with 2561 viewsBurnleyhoop

Andre Gray inbound on 14:08 - Aug 30 by bosh67

Whatever he has done or said in the past if he does come here then he needs the fans to give him a chance. As people have said above, people say and make a lot of mistakes in life. Doesn't mean they can't change, even if you don't believe they can. Dwight Gale is a much better player and in the Wells mould and I'd personally gone after him if needed. Very much suited to our style of play.

All that said I think given a bit of proper match time that Kelman is the real deal. Get a few goals and I think he would be up and running.

This is the season we need to go for it, because if we don’t go up we are likely to lose 2, possibly 3 of our best players and will be weaker for it.
Kelman is a decent prospect, but we cannot use this season to develop him in the first team. He needs a full season playing in a competitive environment. If he is the real deal, he will tear it up in the manner of Chair and Eze.
Gray is a proven striker at this level, but has seemed too content to take the money and sit on the bench for my liking. Unless he has the desire and work rate to match, he will get short shrift from the Rangers support and hopefully the management and his team mates. Last chance saloon it is.
Andre Gray inbound on 17:10 - Aug 30 with 2530 viewsMalintabuk

We are all fans and everyone of us have years of vested interest in this club, but we have to go with what the management team think is the best for it
Whether we like Gray (if he is indeed coming) or not based on childish tweets or not "a right fit" for us, we have to give the lad a chance
I have faith in this club and think with the way they have handled Manning, BOS and now Kane, there is a certain creed in the management and if they felt Gray could not fit into it, he would not be coming
So if he does come I hope he tears the opponents a new one, scores plenty, and be good for QPR
Andre Gray inbound on 17:16 - Aug 30 with 2492 viewsflynnbo

Wonder what the reaction would have been had there been social media around when we were about to sign Stan-a permanent signing as well. Give the lad a chance, please.
Andre Gray inbound on 17:43 - Aug 30 with 2322 viewsstowmarketrange

Andre Gray inbound on 16:09 - Aug 30 by LazyFan

In Warbs we trust.

Don’t ipswich need a few more players?Getting him in on loan would take their total of incoming players to around 20.
Andre Gray inbound on 18:08 - Aug 30 with 2160 viewsextratimeR

Very surprised at this signing, I think we might have made a mistake here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024