Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:56 - Oct 29 with 9113 viewsBushman

Quite a good player

🙄

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lyndon Dykes on 22:00 - Oct 29 with 5315 viewsDorse

Shh... somone will hear you.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lyndon Dykes on 22:10 - Oct 29 with 5238 viewsMalintabuk

I have to own up as a leading light this time last year of doubting if Dykes was good enough...... and I think the year as proven me to be a totally idjit when judging a player
He may not be blessed with silky skills or pace.... but the lad is proving that he can play and more to the point can score.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:20 - Oct 29 with 5139 viewsQPRSteve

Could have had a hat trick tonight with a bit of luck.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:31 - Oct 29 with 5048 viewsstevec

Felt for Dykes, he’d taken a heavy challenge on half way line and was struggling thereafter.

Can’t blame him for the two one on ones, good runs, keeper spread himself perfectly on first and superb challenge from their defender on second chance.

He did well
Lyndon Dykes on 22:31 - Oct 29 with 5043 viewstraininvain

The new Charlie Austin! Fancy Dykes to score plenty of goals this season.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:41 - Oct 29 with 4926 viewsgazza1

Had enough chances to win us the game, played ok though.
Lyndon Dykes on 23:53 - Oct 29 with 4651 viewsBoston

Lyndon Dykes on 22:31 - Oct 29 by traininvain

The new Charlie Austin! Fancy Dykes to score plenty of goals this season.

Already has.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes on 00:14 - Oct 30 with 4591 viewsHooparoo

I particularly liked how he peeled off the defender at the back post for his goal. Starting to think

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 00:39 - Oct 30 with 4543 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Let's not get carried away. The boy's improving and I'm pleased with his progress. However, his contribution (6 goals to date) is being made to look better than it actually is by Austin and Gray's woeful tally (1 and 2 goals respectively).

Whilst he took his goal well, he did miss 3 clear chances in the second half that would have put the game to bed. A good striker buries at least 1, maybe 2 of those chances.

For avoidance of doubt, this is not a dig at Dykes who has come a long way in a short space of time. However, some of the reaction is overboard and belies the lack of contribution from the senior strikers in the squad.
Lyndon Dykes on 07:17 - Oct 30 with 4382 viewstraininvain

Lyndon Dykes on 23:53 - Oct 29 by Boston

Already has.

Six goals so far if I’m not mistaken. I can see him getting 15+ at this rate and that’s what I mean by plenty. Doubt we’ve had a striker do that since Austin.
Lyndon Dykes on 07:51 - Oct 30 with 4333 views1MoreBrightonR

He's looking really confident at the moment and it makes such a difference, and he does the lone striker role well as his work rate is top notch and he's a bit of a unit too.

Generally, I agree be needs to be a bit more clinical but I didn't feel last night's were missed chances, more good defending/keeping.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:41 - Oct 30 with 4229 viewsnix

Lyndon Dykes on 07:17 - Oct 30 by traininvain

Six goals so far if I’m not mistaken. I can see him getting 15+ at this rate and that’s what I mean by plenty. Doubt we’ve had a striker do that since Austin.

15 goals would be excellent. Especially for a striker that cost £2 million.

Plus two assists, so he's creating as well.
Lyndon Dykes on 08:45 - Oct 30 with 4220 viewsStreathamRanger

I was convinced we'd been sold a pup last year but I'm delighted he's proved me wrong. Playing well for Scotland seems to have done his confidence the world of good. He could have perhaps scored one more last night but at least he's getting into scoring positions and taking on a few shots. Last year he barely managed a shot in lots of games.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:53 - Oct 30 with 4085 viewsbosh67

He's really developing and has a very Austin style which may be down to Austin mentoring him. Seemed to do his ankle at the end of the game so hope that isn't too serious, but he is becoming a real asset and the fans are now on his side which makes a big difference. It took a while.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 10:04 - Oct 30 with 4047 viewsdavman

I am going to say this everytime. For whatever reason, and there may have been many, many valid ones, he was very, very poor from around October to December last year. He has steadily improved since then, is by far our best and most effective striker, but still has things to develop. His movement is greatly improved and he makes excellent runs. He is also finding space in between defenders in the box and is putting chances away. His heading and flick ons are becoming really good.

Balance that up with, I am not convinced he is clinical 1 on 1, he has (like everyone else in this team) limited pace to get away from the last defender, his control is imperfect, he can't beat a man on the floor and his pens frighten me (aside from Tuesday's one) as they are easily save able.

Maybe I should have put the negatives before the positives to avoid all the down arrows, but let me sum up by saying I think he is a real asset now and I am glad he is with us.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lyndon Dykes on 10:17 - Oct 30 with 3998 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 10:04 - Oct 30 by davman

I am going to say this everytime. For whatever reason, and there may have been many, many valid ones, he was very, very poor from around October to December last year. He has steadily improved since then, is by far our best and most effective striker, but still has things to develop. His movement is greatly improved and he makes excellent runs. He is also finding space in between defenders in the box and is putting chances away. His heading and flick ons are becoming really good.

Balance that up with, I am not convinced he is clinical 1 on 1, he has (like everyone else in this team) limited pace to get away from the last defender, his control is imperfect, he can't beat a man on the floor and his pens frighten me (aside from Tuesday's one) as they are easily save able.

Maybe I should have put the negatives before the positives to avoid all the down arrows, but let me sum up by saying I think he is a real asset now and I am glad he is with us.

I think that's a reasonable and fair summary Davman. I tend to agree with most of it. The great thing about him is he doesn't stop trying and puts all his effort in.

I fear he will be missing for Wednesday and we will probably struggle without him.
We will have to adapt a bit to play with Charlie and/ or Gray up front instead.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:26 - Oct 30 with 3961 viewsQPRSteve

West London Sport rated him a 6 and said this about him:

"Despite getting his head to Adomah’s cross to put Rangers ahead just before half-time, the centre-forward rarely held the ball up effectively and should have put the game to bed with two good chances in the second half."

Bit harsh I thought.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:29 - Oct 30 with 3947 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:26 - Oct 30 by QPRSteve

"Despite getting his head to Adomah’s cross to put Rangers ahead just before half-time, the centre-forward rarely held the ball up effectively and should have put the game to bed with two good chances in the second half."

Bit harsh I thought.

Harsh but true.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:33 - Oct 30 with 3931 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:04 - Oct 30 by davman

The key reason for his lack of goals in that period (as with Bonne) was he was playing in front of Chair + BOS who struggled to play an early pass. Dykes goal versus Brentford proved his ability if serviced early.

Many fans (who still focus on the negative rather than say hands-up I called it wrong) could not see Dykes + Bonne could be a decent Championship front-line in front of a creative midfield - hence turnaround when SJ arrived + Willock got match fit.

Dykes has decent pace, can definitely beat a man and his now varying his penalty routine. He is work in progress at this level but still so many try to prove why they weren't wrong. They were about Dykes + I'd say the same about Bonne.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:41 - Oct 30 with 3916 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:26 - Oct 30 by QPRSteve

Bit harsh I thought.

Despite getting his head to the ball....I think he meant dropping his man so astutely and powering a header back across the keeper into the net.

Reckon guy who wrote that could have been the same clown behind me at Peterborough who criticised Dykes every move and then cheered Austin as he shuffled-off having put in a shift that could only be swallowed by our most of gullible fans, and we have a fair few of those.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:55 - Oct 30 with 3887 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 09:53 - Oct 30 by bosh67

He's really developing and has a very Austin style which may be down to Austin mentoring him. Seemed to do his ankle at the end of the game so hope that isn't too serious, but he is becoming a real asset and the fans are now on his side which makes a big difference. It took a while.

Our fans gave Washington nearly 100 games and I was still talking to fans at the end who thought it was down to team formation, play him in a two blah blah, not his obvious lack of ability at this level.

Dykes + Bonne were wrote off by many of these same experts after 10 games.

Even now if Dykes scores, dominates his centre half, runs the line hard for 90, these experts still critique - whereas if Austin stumbles around for 60 minutes + gets a gift like his first from the Everton keeper, it's typical Austin, right place blah blah.

Just don't get our so-called fans who'd rather be proved right than see a player we own develop at this level.

Gazza is beside himself ready to unload his usual inaccurate opinion on Sam Field just so he can finally get something right. Embarrassing.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:08 - Oct 30 with 3876 viewsdmm

I'm very pleased most supporters are coming round to accepting Dykes is a real asset. Most now give him some latitude when it comes to his shortcomings, and rightly so. Given his excellent improvement since he's signed, it's probable he'll continue to get better. He's a late developer and only turned 25 this month.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:22 - Oct 30 with 3842 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 11:08 - Oct 30 by dmm

I'm very pleased most supporters are coming round to accepting Dykes is a real asset. Most now give him some latitude when it comes to his shortcomings, and rightly so. Given his excellent improvement since he's signed, it's probable he'll continue to get better. He's a late developer and only turned 25 this month.

Most as you say, but there still a vocal minority who'd rather see Dykes fail so they can say they were right and likewise see Washington succeed elsewhere so again they can say they were right. Just embarrassing.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:18 - Oct 30 with 3722 viewsLandshark

Judging by his Instagram he seems to have got an injury last night. He has a brace around his ankle.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:29 - Oct 30 with 3696 viewsBklynRanger

Lyndon Dykes on 12:18 - Oct 30 by Landshark

Judging by his Instagram he seems to have got an injury last night. He has a brace around his ankle.

That doesn't sound good - does he say what's wrong? (Or do they not do that on the insta?)

Dykes deserves a song I think - don't believe he has one and he'd relish the support.

Maybe something like 'Lyndon Dykes Dykes Dykes' to the tune of Feeling Hot Hot Hot.

Or anything good really, I'm not exactly Tim Rice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024