Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread 10:13 - Nov 29 with 35606 viewsnix

Having inadvertently trodden on Connell's toes by starting the Huddersfield thread while he was on a glorious one match winning run - apologies- I'm hoping to double my similar record, with a victory tonight.

May have a bit of a cup final vibe for them after more financial revelations, the Wembley gig which obviously still rankles, and their recent record with a draw against Fulham and beating Bournemouth, so it could be a tough match tonight.

Doubt it'll be high scoring: they're one of the lowest scoring (16) and lowest conceding (18) teams in the league.

0-1 the Rs with Dykes scoring off the bench.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 15:39 - Nov 29 with 2638 viewsJAPRANGERS

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:51 - Nov 29 by PinnerPaul

Those were the days!

kin ell! Unbelievable!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 15:49 - Nov 29 with 2613 viewsbosh67

My heart says we should be ruthless and put Derby to the sword. My head says we will underestimate them as usual, not realise how well they are playing and fall short.

I'd take a point tonight. Derby will certainly come at us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 15:55 - Nov 29 with 2591 viewsQPR_Hibs

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 13:52 - Nov 29 by DWQPR

Just been reading one of their message boards, one poster described as far more direct and physical than the likes of Bournemouth and Fulham and being a top six side with a bottom six style of play. Well I hope that for this particular poster we produce another Huddersfield style of performance with the end product this time. If we can get the early goal then I can see a three or four goal win. Their determination to fight against all odds can only take them so far and also bare in mind with January just around the corner a few of the players agents may just be having that word in their ears about not getting injured ahead of any move away from this particular disaster zone.

To be fair to him, he probably hasn't had much chance to watch us properly as we've been on TV so little this season.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 16:14 - Nov 29 with 2510 viewsMick_S

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 15:55 - Nov 29 by QPR_Hibs

To be fair to him, he probably hasn't had much chance to watch us properly as we've been on TV so little this season.

Soap opera Rangers.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 16:21]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 16:31 - Nov 29 with 2441 viewsTacticalR

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 12:24 - Nov 29 by Tonto

what the great Bill Parcells would describe as a "trap game". Everyone expects you to win, but we all know games aren't that easy. if you think it will be easy, you end up losing. Parcells used to hang giant mouse traps all around the training facility of whichever team he was coaching at the time as a reminder through the week (OK the NFL don't do midweek games but the point is well made).

Those who think that things are easy regularly encounter difficulties.
And so sages consider things difficult and in the end are without difficulties.

Laozi, Dao De Jing

Air hostess clique

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 16:51 - Nov 29 with 2355 viewstonyQPR

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 16:14 - Nov 29 by Mick_S

Soap opera Rangers.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 16:21]

I see we’re on again on sky Sunday lol
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:25 - Nov 29 with 2227 viewsMick_S

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 16:51 - Nov 29 by tonyQPR

And the rest.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:28 - Nov 29 with 2198 viewsthemodfather

derby? small team, small town yet think they are real madrid, they were delusional in the p/off final build up and blew that, anyway tv or not hoping for a good result a draw not a disaster , the points deducted have seriously impacted them .
glad we are even keeled lol, is this game on tv?
Login to get fewer ads

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:37 - Nov 29 with 2165 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't expect it to be easy but the sages seem to think Derby are strong defensively but less good attacking, and I think that might suit us.

1-0 Rangers, a late goal by Chair. There. I've gone and said it.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:59 - Nov 29 with 2078 viewscolinallcars

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:25 - Nov 29 by Mick_S

And the rest.

Hmm….the next batch of Sky games from January onwards is announced in eleven days time. Surely they'll leave us alone this time ?
According to their website they're showing us v…. Bolton on Dec 27th ! They must use predictive text.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:03 - Nov 29 with 2055 viewsloftus77

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:59 - Nov 29 by colinallcars

Hmm….the next batch of Sky games from January onwards is announced in eleven days time. Surely they'll leave us alone this time ?
According to their website they're showing us v…. Bolton on Dec 27th ! They must use predictive text.

1-1 written all over it. Would take that any day. They're a decent team on a mission.

As said before, can't work out who would officially be 4th tonight (Blackburn or ourselves) if it somehow ended in a 3-3 thriller (not impossible if we go for 'classic Warbsball'). A minor point, but interesting nonetheless...
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 18:06]
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:05 - Nov 29 with 2046 viewsGaryT

I've gone for 2-2 thinking we'll underestimate them and be 2-0 down at HT but then score an injury time "feels like a win' equaliser and we all go home happy.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:16 - Nov 29 with 2007 viewsMick_S

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:05 - Nov 29 by GaryT

I've gone for 2-2 thinking we'll underestimate them and be 2-0 down at HT but then score an injury time "feels like a win' equaliser and we all go home happy.

I smashed my knee up last time that happened.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:21 - Nov 29 with 1972 viewsQPRSteve

I don't think we will underestimate them. Listening to the Ilias Chair interview I posted, I think the team are very focused. Just hoping we come out with all guns firing unlike recent games when we have started off a bit sluggish and nearly got caught out.

2-0 to us.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:32 - Nov 29 with 1914 viewsDavieQPR

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:03 - Nov 29 by loftus77

1-1 written all over it. Would take that any day. They're a decent team on a mission.

As said before, can't work out who would officially be 4th tonight (Blackburn or ourselves) if it somehow ended in a 3-3 thriller (not impossible if we go for 'classic Warbsball'). A minor point, but interesting nonetheless...
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 18:06]

The teams would be deemed as equal position unless it affects promotion, play off or relegation when a match at a neutral ground would decide.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:33 - Nov 29 with 1913 viewsVancouverHoop

Our players are well used to this division and know better than to underestimate anyone. Warbs bangs on about there being no easy matches all the time. Our vulnerabilities are early in a match – we're slow and sometimes take time to settle, and at the end when we're under the cosh from teams chasing a point.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:33 - Nov 29 with 1912 viewsRangersw12

We should win this but this is Rangers and every time we've had a chance to cement ourselves in the top 6 we've lost

1 - 0 defeat

We've sold 900 tickets which is cracking support for a live game, near Christmas and in Artic conditions, hats off to everyone travelling
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:34 - Nov 29 with 1908 viewsnumptydumpty

I really can't call this one at all.

Derby almost an end of season team mentality ie be extremely difficult to avoid relegation so guessing will play without fear.

Think it will also depend if either or both Dykes and / or Gray available.

We are on a good run - I would be disappointed if we did not win, its ok to draw but to lose would be typical Rangers.

I like this team, not like your usual rangers, but what happens tonight - think we need be much more clinical with our chances, but I detest Monsieur Shrek, so eight nil to Rangers it is !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:36 - Nov 29 with 1887 viewsMick_S

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:33 - Nov 29 by Rangersw12

We should win this but this is Rangers and every time we've had a chance to cement ourselves in the top 6 we've lost

1 - 0 defeat

We've sold 900 tickets which is cracking support for a live game, near Christmas and in Artic conditions, hats off to everyone travelling

That is fantastic.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:50 - Nov 29 with 1753 viewsHarbour

Same 11 no changes Gray back on the bench no sign of Lyndon
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:50 - Nov 29 with 1727 viewsdmm

The starting line up is unchanged for a 3rd game in a row.

Odubajo and Gray on the bench with Kakay and the Duke making way.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:52 - Nov 29 with 1690 viewsWren67

Yes I know all the negatives and possible traps and we are in the midlands on a cold Monday night on sky and I am going to ignore all that and say Derby will face the reality of their situation.

They have obviously shot their bolt against Fulham and Bournemouth and are now severly knackered leaving Willock and Chair to slalom through their ageing defence

0-2 to the Rsssssssssssssss
Wallace, Austin
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:53 - Nov 29 with 1667 viewsOldPedro

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 18:50 - Nov 29 by dmm

The starting line up is unchanged for a 3rd game in a row.

Odubajo and Gray on the bench with Kakay and the Duke making way.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 19:07 - Nov 29 with 1457 viewsstevec

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 16:51 - Nov 29 by tonyQPR

Ski Sunday? This is getting ridiculous.

Happy with a draw tonight, actually think Derby could still get out of this.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 19:09 - Nov 29 with 1438 viewsqueensparker

Shame I was hoping Dykes would be back for this. Hope it’s not more serious than they’re letting on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024