Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread 10:13 - Nov 29 with 35686 viewsnix

Having inadvertently trodden on Connell's toes by starting the Huddersfield thread while he was on a glorious one match winning run - apologies- I'm hoping to double my similar record, with a victory tonight.

May have a bit of a cup final vibe for them after more financial revelations, the Wembley gig which obviously still rankles, and their recent record with a draw against Fulham and beating Bournemouth, so it could be a tough match tonight.

Doubt it'll be high scoring: they're one of the lowest scoring (16) and lowest conceding (18) teams in the league.

0-1 the Rs with Dykes scoring off the bench.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:29 - Nov 29 with 2105 viewsVancouverHoop

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:26 - Nov 29 by Malintabuk

Since the goal it as all been us..... but not one chance created. Sincerely hope it is not going to be one of these nights

It has, but were very pedestrian. With the possession we have we should be dictating the pace but we're not.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:32 - Nov 29 with 1951 viewsVancouverHoop

I think Warbs might make a change or two early next half. Gray maybe...
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:32 - Nov 29 with 1910 viewsMyke

Adomah has been excellent. Chair buzzing around. Dozzell neat and tidy The rest...
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:34 - Nov 29 with 1845 viewsderbyhoop

HT. 1-0 down.

Lots of good quick passing. But where is the end product?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:34 - Nov 29 with 1817 viewsBostonR

Way off our level at the moment. Pedestrian, sloppy and too slow. All we have to do is play our normal game and not worry about a poor Derby side who are there for the taking.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:35 - Nov 29 with 1767 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Well earlier this season we’d concede early and proceed to score 2-3 in the second half, so let’s hope for some of that magic!

International comms on ESPN+ keeps mentioning how poorly we’re playing, but I don’t think we’ve been all that bad. Just need to settle down some of the final touches and moves and we’ll get on the scoresheet.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:36 - Nov 29 with 1743 viewsQPRSteve

Only 1 minute added was a bit off I thought. We just need to be patient in the second half. I'm sure the goals will come.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:36 - Nov 29 with 1740 viewsMalintabuk

Pretty disappointing half by us. Lot of possession but not a great deal being done with it
Seems that goal as knocked us a little. Bit surprised the thinking that was a defensive fault. If Jo Jo had threaded that ball through and Chaz had finished like that we would all be purring. Thought it was a well worked goal.
Still think we have a chance of getting something from this game just need a little more composure
Hopefully Jo Jo will liven up the second half and we can create something
Login to get fewer ads

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:36 - Nov 29 with 1736 viewsAntti_Heinola

Playing ok, not great. To be honest, listening to the comms you'd be forgiven to think we were playing at all. Derby made out to be some kind of upstart underdog and praised for every mediocre touch of the ball. Intensely irritating. Loved the 5 minute cutaway to some American chancer looking at his phone too. Great.

Bare bones.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:37 - Nov 29 with 1689 viewswortonranger

They are slow through the middle. Gray can turn this game if he’s in the mood.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:39 - Nov 29 with 1615 viewsAntti_Heinola

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:36 - Nov 29 by Malintabuk

Pretty disappointing half by us. Lot of possession but not a great deal being done with it
Seems that goal as knocked us a little. Bit surprised the thinking that was a defensive fault. If Jo Jo had threaded that ball through and Chaz had finished like that we would all be purring. Thought it was a well worked goal.
Still think we have a chance of getting something from this game just need a little more composure
Hopefully Jo Jo will liven up the second half and we can create something

yeah i think there were 2 mistakes though - Barbet's ball intercepted and then Dickie stepping up trying to catch Lawrence offside was an error. Superb ball and cracking finish though.

Bare bones.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:39 - Nov 29 with 1609 viewsGreenbay

This is tough to watch.
We've been punished by one mistake.
But to be fair all credit to Derby.
They have massed 11 behind the ball and hoping to score again on a breakaway.
And they've slowed the game down with some clear fouls unpunished by the ref.
In the second half we surely have to attack at speed to catch them out.
Crosses into the box have yielded so little.
Surely we'll at least score one.
After all we have scored in 30 successive league games.
Won't be surprised - if we're still trailing - that Gray comes on later.
Here's hoping for at least a draw.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:39 - Nov 29 with 1594 viewsMick_S

Is it Tom Lawrence’s birthday? I’m wondering.

Anyway, we need to pick this game up quickly.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:41 - Nov 29 with 1527 viewsBklynRanger

There was talk after the Huddersfield winner about saying patient. Maybe we're doing a bit too much of that tonight so far. Not a bad performance imo, just a bit slow at times. I'd like to see Wallace getting into the game a lot more this half - he's been quiet.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:42 - Nov 29 with 1500 viewsBurnleyhoop

Way to pedestrian. Back 3 struggling to find any movement in front of them so keep moving sideways and backwards. Has the pace of a training session. Need to pick it up if we want something out of this. Do we want the 3 points or not?!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:45 - Nov 29 with 1381 viewsNed_Kennedys

Poor 1st half, lots of style, no substance, typified by Chair’s performance so far.
Derby are there for the taking and we need to get at them: Gray for Dozzell at HT would make sense.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:45 - Nov 29 with 1374 viewsHunterhoop

Derby aren’t very good but Rooney has set them up well to beat us.

They are/we’re trying to play high up with men in our half but not press the centre halves too much. Basically playing with 3 tens. So when our defenders have the ball their targets are all marked and there’s no easy ball out and all passes bring risk of being intercepted with our wing backs and midfield two caught too high. When we go long, Austin’s winning little. It’s very similar to Barnsley, Cov, Fulham, etc.

At times we have 3 centre halves with no one to mark because they have all dropped deep.

That said, because Derby aren’t great, we’ve still had a lot of the ball but end product not there. Chair has failed to play in Wallace on the overlap twice and Willock failed once. Wallace to the byline is Austin’s best chance of scoring. Or Albert not underhitting a cross for once tonight.

We are better than them but we deserve to be losing. Too pedestrian and lethargic with poor decision making and execution in the final 3rd.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:45 - Nov 29 with 1357 viewsstainrods_elbow

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:29 - Nov 29 by VancouverHoop

It has, but were very pedestrian. With the possession we have we should be dictating the pace but we're not.

We did dictate the pace, and it was a pedestrian pace.

We need to step up a gear 2nd half - shall we say to equestrian? Arf!

Dismal-looking crowd - it looks like c. 5,000!

Sadly misleading (for him and us) to show Charlie doing his stuff for us in a Rangers shirt in 2015 and Jamie M telling the world it shows what a class act he still is. I'd say he's more off the pace than Zamora was with half a hip under Arry.

We really should force a draw here at least, and probably win - it was laughable to hear Warburton talk them up as the toughest match of the season - but I didn't fancy us before kick-off and I'm fearing the worst.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:46 - Nov 29 with 1314 viewsnumptydumpty

Think at moment draw looks about top of our hopes currently

An early reply would be very helpful, thank you...

Hopefully not one if those irritating performances

Need improvement and actually having some chances

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:46 - Nov 29 with 1314 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Missing Dykes's energy and work rate.

Robbed off that option, obviously, but Amos coming off the bench could really help.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:46 - Nov 29 with 1312 viewsVancouverHoop

We've managed to bring the second half heat in other games. Let's hope we can do it again.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:47 - Nov 29 with 1301 viewsstevec

Derby look well set up to me, we’ve not managed a shot on target.

And can someone just make an attempt at attacking a cross at the near post.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:48 - Nov 29 with 1253 viewsMalintabuk

55 mins and the Sh!thousery will start
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:50 - Nov 29 with 1212 viewsjoolsyp

We look laboured on and off the ball and don’t seem to be pressing with our usual intensity.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 20:51 - Nov 29 with 1177 viewsVancouverHoop

Willllllooooock!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024