Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron Prickly Heat 05:42 - Dec 20 with 26443 viewsA40Bosh

Woke up 2am on Sunday morning with a fully developed head and chest cold and 5:30am Monday morning still haven’t been able to get any sleep since

Had loads of negative Lat Flow tests in the past but after taking a test Sunday morning the second line appeared to confirm I had it after about 30 secs.

The thing that has kept me awake is not the feeling rough as I am not too bad but either my immune or my booster three weeks ago doesn’t like Omicron and has given me the worst prickly heat since I was in Crete when I was 18.

Just hope the Mrs and girls can swerve it before Christmas but I can’t see how they can even we me being banished to solitary confinement since 9am on Sunday..

Make sure you get some antihistamine in just in case this is a common side effect as I haven’t any until the shops open and someone gets out of bed for me 😂

Edit: turns out we had some antihistamine in the cupboard all the time😭
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 8:47]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:06 - Dec 22 with 3424 viewsNorthernr

Omicron Prickly Heat on 06:43 - Dec 22 by traininvain

Good news and maybe a Christmas Day reprieve for some of you: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59749447

No, but might by a Bournemouth reprieve
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:13 - Dec 22 with 3383 viewstraininvain

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:06 - Dec 22 by Northernr

Ah, about that: https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/21/boris-johnson-to-make-circuit-breaker-announcemen

Let’s all hope it starts on 28th December and not 27th December.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:11 - Dec 22 with 3138 viewsdaveB

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:13 - Dec 22 by traininvain

Ah, about that: https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/21/boris-johnson-to-make-circuit-breaker-announcemen

Let’s all hope it starts on 28th December and not 27th December.

It's like he's announcing the winner of X Factor the way he drags this shit out
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:14 - Dec 22 with 3132 viewsStreathamRanger

I'm on day 6 of isolation. Just done 4 lateral flow tests this morning. Two of them were the newer nasal only tests and two of them were the older throat and nose test. The newer ones came back positive and the older ones came back negative.

Apparently the newer ones are more sensitive but the older ones are still allowed to be used. So if I go with the older tests I'm out of isolation tomorrow but if I go with the newer ones I could be stuck here for anything up to 10 days or more.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:23 - Dec 22 with 3095 viewsRBlock

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:14 - Dec 22 by StreathamRanger

I'm on day 6 of isolation. Just done 4 lateral flow tests this morning. Two of them were the newer nasal only tests and two of them were the older throat and nose test. The newer ones came back positive and the older ones came back negative.

Apparently the newer ones are more sensitive but the older ones are still allowed to be used. So if I go with the older tests I'm out of isolation tomorrow but if I go with the newer ones I could be stuck here for anything up to 10 days or more.

Weird isn't it. I tested positive on Monday, although tested negative today. My partner, who lives in the same tiny flat with me, has consistently tested negative. We're both symptomless. Really waiting on tenterhooks for these PCR results.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:31 - Dec 22 with 3060 viewsStreathamRanger

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:23 - Dec 22 by RBlock

Weird isn't it. I tested positive on Monday, although tested negative today. My partner, who lives in the same tiny flat with me, has consistently tested negative. We're both symptomless. Really waiting on tenterhooks for these PCR results.

If I'd been unwell then at least I could feel the necessity to isolate but I've had no symptoms.

Really testing my patience. Do I just go with the older tests and stop isolating tomorrow or stick with the negative tests?How can I still be contagious 7 days after testing positive and with no symptoms? Makes you wonder how many other bugs you might pass around without knowing about it as I certainly wouldn't have taken any time off work if it wasn't covid. There's nothing wrong with me!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:41 - Dec 22 with 3031 viewstraininvain

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:11 - Dec 22 by daveB

It's like he's announcing the winner of X Factor the way he drags this shit out

It’s frustrating but to be fair, I’d prefer the govt to delay making a decision until they have the data to make a more informed decision.

Many people were calling for lockdown last week and it’s now looking like that might have been a bit hasty and premature.

Let’s hope that we can all go to the Bournemouth game.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:15 - Dec 22 with 2949 viewskensalriser

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:31 - Dec 22 by StreathamRanger

If I'd been unwell then at least I could feel the necessity to isolate but I've had no symptoms.

Really testing my patience. Do I just go with the older tests and stop isolating tomorrow or stick with the negative tests?How can I still be contagious 7 days after testing positive and with no symptoms? Makes you wonder how many other bugs you might pass around without knowing about it as I certainly wouldn't have taken any time off work if it wasn't covid. There's nothing wrong with me!

Be lucky you've been fine and didn't end up like the previously fit and healthy 53 yo Il Divo singer who died from covid a little after a week of getting it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:27 - Dec 22 with 2903 viewsdaveB

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:41 - Dec 22 by traininvain

It’s frustrating but to be fair, I’d prefer the govt to delay making a decision until they have the data to make a more informed decision.

Many people were calling for lockdown last week and it’s now looking like that might have been a bit hasty and premature.

Let’s hope that we can all go to the Bournemouth game.

It's the well we might bring in something but we might not but either way we won't tell you what it might or might not be stuff which is pissing me off. Just tell us when rules are changing not that they might be.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:54 - Dec 22 with 2839 viewsToast_R

South Africa likely now past their Omicron peak. Some calling this variant the natural vaccine.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:57 - Dec 22 with 2836 viewsStreathamRanger

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:15 - Dec 22 by kensalriser

Be lucky you've been fine and didn't end up like the previously fit and healthy 53 yo Il Divo singer who died from covid a little after a week of getting it.

I do appreciate that I'm lucky to be well, I really do. And I understand the importance of isolating to protect people who are more vulnerable than me. The impact on people's mental health and their ability to financially support themselves if they can't work from home is also significant and the government show no sign of loosening the purse strings again on furlough or any significant support for affected industries.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:02 - Dec 22 with 2814 viewsA40Bosh

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:06 - Dec 22 by Northernr

Took another positive test this morning so will wait until Christmas morning before wasting any more LFTs as they are getting short to come by.

Would be great to eat Christmas dinner with the wife and girls instead of Denzil, Bruce and Mat Damon whose company I guess I will be fed up with by Saturday🙄

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:08 - Dec 22 with 2791 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:02 - Dec 22 by A40Bosh

Took another positive test this morning so will wait until Christmas morning before wasting any more LFTs as they are getting short to come by.

Would be great to eat Christmas dinner with the wife and girls instead of Denzil, Bruce and Mat Damon whose company I guess I will be fed up with by Saturday🙄

Equalizer 2 for me later.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:29 - Dec 22 with 2751 viewsA40Bosh

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:08 - Dec 22 by PunteR

Equalizer 2 for me later.

Yes, already done 1 - the second one on the list too
Any old crappy films to kill the hours.
Courage under fire
Die Hard (I know, but it is Christmas)
The Last Duel
Crimson Tide
Enemy of the State

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:53 - Dec 22 with 2677 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:29 - Dec 22 by A40Bosh

Yes, already done 1 - the second one on the list too
Any old crappy films to kill the hours.
Courage under fire
Die Hard (I know, but it is Christmas)
The Last Duel
Crimson Tide
Enemy of the State

Yesterday i watched french film La Haine' (translated 'Hate' if you're looking for it on Netflix) Recommended. Also watched Straight Outta Compton which is decent if you like gangsta rap bravado. Which i do..lol
Four Brothers is a good film, again lots of gangsta bravado but this time with a bit more heart. lol
The Departed
The Revenant
Candyman (2021)
True Detective series 1
Sicario and Sicario 2 are good

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:09 - Dec 22 with 2645 viewsStreathamRanger

I've watched all 6 seasons of Peaky Blinders over the last 6 or 7 days. I'm guessing most people have already watched it but it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:35 - Dec 22 with 2563 viewsR_from_afar

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:53 - Dec 22 by PunteR

Yesterday i watched french film La Haine' (translated 'Hate' if you're looking for it on Netflix) Recommended. Also watched Straight Outta Compton which is decent if you like gangsta rap bravado. Which i do..lol
Four Brothers is a good film, again lots of gangsta bravado but this time with a bit more heart. lol
The Departed
The Revenant
Candyman (2021)
True Detective series 1

It's an old film now but if you haven't seen it, "The King of New York" is tremendous

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:57 - Dec 22 with 2518 viewshantssi

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:35 - Dec 22 by R_from_afar

It's an old film now but if you haven't seen it, "The King of New York" is tremendous

Be prepared for repeats of a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang now the gorgeous Truely Scrumptious has sadly passed away.
RIP
Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:16 - Dec 22 with 2449 viewsSonofpugwash

Here in Wales it's endless reruns of Shaun The Sheep.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:38 - Dec 22 with 2408 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:35 - Dec 22 by R_from_afar

Classic film. Havnt seen in years. Christopher Walken and Lawrence Fishburne . Will have to dig that one out now.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 22:54 - Dec 22 with 2093 viewslarsricchi

Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:53 - Dec 22 by PunteR

The Departed
The Revenant
Candyman (2021)
True Detective series 1

You mention True Detective series 1; did you watch the third series? If so, did you like it?
Omicron Prickly Heat on 01:18 - Dec 23 with 1973 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 22:54 - Dec 22 by larsricchi

You mention True Detective series 1; did you watch the third series? If so, did you like it?

Started watching season 2 but didn't get into it at all and switched off. Haven't seen the 3rd. Any good?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 06:50 - Dec 23 with 1846 viewstraininvain

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:27 - Dec 22 by daveB

It's the well we might bring in something but we might not but either way we won't tell you what it might or might not be stuff which is pissing me off. Just tell us when rules are changing not that they might be.

Given we now know that omicron is less severe than delta, I’m glad the govt didn’t rush to put in place more restrictions and hopefully we’ll get to watch QPR on Monday for the first time in weeks.

Hopefully the worst of the pandemic is now behind us. Couldn’t ask for a better early Christmas present!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:03 - Dec 23 with 1778 viewsNorthernr

Basically over it now.

Symptoms felt 18th, tested positive 19th, didn't sleep at all nights of 18th, 19th, 20th with sweats and changing temperature, really bad throat 19th, 20th, 21st, congestion in my sinus 21st and 22nd, improved yesterday and now today I just feel a bit washed out.

I've never slept so much in my life as the last three days but apart from that I think I'm just about there. I've definitely had much worse colds and flus so if that's the vaccine working then the jabs were definitely worth it.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:36 - Dec 23 with 1722 viewsStreathamRanger

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:03 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Basically over it now.

Symptoms felt 18th, tested positive 19th, didn't sleep at all nights of 18th, 19th, 20th with sweats and changing temperature, really bad throat 19th, 20th, 21st, congestion in my sinus 21st and 22nd, improved yesterday and now today I just feel a bit washed out.

I've never slept so much in my life as the last three days but apart from that I think I'm just about there. I've definitely had much worse colds and flus so if that's the vaccine working then the jabs were definitely worth it.

That's good to hear. Hopefully you get some day 6 and 7 negative LFTs. I'm on day 9, have had almost no symptoms but continue to test positive on LFTs. Not best pleased.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024