Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron Prickly Heat 05:42 - Dec 20 with 26442 viewsA40Bosh

Woke up 2am on Sunday morning with a fully developed head and chest cold and 5:30am Monday morning still haven’t been able to get any sleep since

Had loads of negative Lat Flow tests in the past but after taking a test Sunday morning the second line appeared to confirm I had it after about 30 secs.

The thing that has kept me awake is not the feeling rough as I am not too bad but either my immune or my booster three weeks ago doesn’t like Omicron and has given me the worst prickly heat since I was in Crete when I was 18.

Just hope the Mrs and girls can swerve it before Christmas but I can’t see how they can even we me being banished to solitary confinement since 9am on Sunday..

Make sure you get some antihistamine in just in case this is a common side effect as I haven’t any until the shops open and someone gets out of bed for me 😂

Edit: turns out we had some antihistamine in the cupboard all the time😭
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 8:47]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:58 - Dec 24 with 2888 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:35 - Dec 24 by Northernr

That 'split' line made me smile

True story.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 10:59]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:59 - Dec 24 with 2888 viewsMancR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:12 - Dec 24 by LythamR

Sorry to hear that Lee, bad timing but at least it gives you some time to tinker with your Fantasy team!

Best wishes for the holidays to all on here and especially those struggling with Covid which seems to be a significant percentage now.

Cheers Pete, if this is the worst it gets, I will settle for this.
Best news is that the sprouts that get put on my plate will be leaving the house via the bedroom window💪
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:47 - Dec 24 with 2802 viewsdistortR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:23 - Dec 24 by ted_hendrix

Hope things get better for you soon.

cheers mate, all good in the scheme of things
Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:52 - Dec 24 with 2794 viewsdistortR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:52 - Dec 24 by PunteR

Shes positive most days.
Positive, its my fault. Positive she's always right, positive its my turn to do the washing up etc...lol
Only joking (if she's reading this)
Anyway. Why do vans break down at the worst possible time?. Hope you get something sorted mate.
Hope you told your daughter she needs to socially distance from her boyfriend. About 10 miles ought to do it. ;)

but, but...........that would put him in the Irish sea
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 11:53]
Omicron Prickly Heat on 12:30 - Dec 24 with 2743 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:52 - Dec 24 by distortR

but, but...........that would put him in the Irish sea
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 11:53]

haha.. You're welcome

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:28 - Dec 24 with 2669 viewskensalriser

Omicron Prickly Heat on 07:52 - Dec 24 by PunteR

All the best mate. 5 in our house and surprisingly no else has caught it off me. Even my wife who shares the bed (split 80%/20%) has been testing negative nearly every day.
I'm allowed back out the house Monday. Back to work Tuesday.

Isn't Tuesday a holiday? Take another day off!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:29 - Dec 24 with 2609 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 13:28 - Dec 24 by kensalriser

Isn't Tuesday a holiday? Take another day off!

Not for a self employed chippie like me who's had to cancel jobs this week due to covid. To make it worse on Tuesday its not even a paid job (unless my liability insurance pays up). After fitting a solid wood oak floor, glued down to a concrete sub base i then went on to put nail straight into a water pipe (to an outside tap!) when fitting the skirting board. Customer only noticed a week later after the new floor started to warp. Hows ya luck?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:42 - Dec 24 with 2543 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Omicron Prickly Heat on 14:29 - Dec 24 by PunteR

Not for a self employed chippie like me who's had to cancel jobs this week due to covid. To make it worse on Tuesday its not even a paid job (unless my liability insurance pays up). After fitting a solid wood oak floor, glued down to a concrete sub base i then went on to put nail straight into a water pipe (to an outside tap!) when fitting the skirting board. Customer only noticed a week later after the new floor started to warp. Hows ya luck?

Not much better than yours PunteR apart from my long covid going on 14 months .
I drove a framing nail straight through underground heating (which everybody on the job swore did not exist )on Tuesday but unlike your slow leak this exploded and flooded the office below before the water shut off could be located .
2 lessons learned ,never trust anybody and find the water shut off before attempting any construction.
Hope everybody stuck under this cursed virus heals up fast and we can get on to enjoying QPR getting on a little winning streak
Login to get fewer ads

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:05 - Dec 24 with 2485 viewsBoston

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:42 - Dec 24 by CLAREMAN1995

I drove a framing nail straight through underground heating (which everybody on the job swore did not exist )on Tuesday but unlike your slow leak this exploded and flooded the office below before the water shut off could be located .
2 lessons learned ,never trust anybody and find the water shut off before attempting any construction.
Hope everybody stuck under this cursed virus heals up fast and we can get on to enjoying QPR getting on a little winning streak

The curse of the woodworker, 'live pipes'! Gutting bathroom last week to find some clown had run a heat pipe under the bath.

People living below were very nice though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:51 - Dec 24 with 2410 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 15:42 - Dec 24 by CLAREMAN1995

Mate, 14 months? Nightmare! All the best with that.

And also ,nightmare scenario with the flooding. Hope that gets sorted quickly for you.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:57 - Dec 24 with 2400 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:05 - Dec 24 by Boston

The curse of the woodworker, 'live pipes'! Gutting bathroom last week to find some clown had run a heat pipe under the bath.

People living below were very nice though.

These new plumbers with their plastic push fit pipes running them all over the gaff does my head in. What happened to the skill of welding and bending copper pipes fitted neatly around floors and walls and joists?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:03 - Dec 24 with 2402 viewshantssi

Omicron Prickly Heat on 16:57 - Dec 24 by PunteR

These new plumbers with their plastic push fit pipes running them all over the gaff does my head in. What happened to the skill of welding and bending copper pipes fitted neatly around floors and walls and joists?

You don’t weld copper pipes Punt, you either braze or solder them 😜
Apart from that and as a plumber/heating engineer totally agree with you!!
Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:06 - Dec 24 with 2380 viewsPunteR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:03 - Dec 24 by hantssi

You don’t weld copper pipes Punt, you either braze or solder them 😜
Apart from that and as a plumber/heating engineer totally agree with you!!

I stand corrected.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:40 - Dec 24 with 2319 viewsR_from_afar

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:22 - Dec 23 by SK_hoops

La Haine is a quality film. Vincent (can't be bothered to look up his surname. Casell?) Has been in a few good films.

"Derailed" is a gripping thriller which he's in, full of twists

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Omicron Prickly Heat on 18:38 - Dec 24 with 2232 viewsdistortR

Omicron Prickly Heat on 17:40 - Dec 24 by R_from_afar

"Derailed" is a gripping thriller which he's in, full of twists

Punter, Myke and Boston would rather watch 'Denailed'
Omicron Prickly Heat on 19:10 - Dec 24 with 2182 viewsBoston

Omicron Prickly Heat on 18:38 - Dec 24 by distortR

Punter, Myke and Boston would rather watch 'Denailed'

Got any good gardening stories?

Edit...walking the dog up in the Blue Hills today, discovered the scariest poison ivy, massive growth of it! Bloody careful passing by.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 19:14]

Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:05 - Dec 24 with 2109 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Omicron Prickly Heat on 19:10 - Dec 24 by Boston

Got any good gardening stories?

Edit...walking the dog up in the Blue Hills today, discovered the scariest poison ivy, massive growth of it! Bloody careful passing by.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 19:14]

How in fcuk name is that plant still alive or is it so powerful even nightime frost and impending winter cannot finish it off.
A friend of mine was clearing off his land and got it on his face it was savage, he nearly itched his skin off and it went black and frightened the crap out of me when I saw him.
Merry Christmas to you and yours Boston btw you are brilliant finding and loading those QPR highlights .
Omicron Prickly Heat on 21:11 - Dec 24 with 2036 viewsBoston

Omicron Prickly Heat on 20:05 - Dec 24 by CLAREMAN1995

How in fcuk name is that plant still alive or is it so powerful even nightime frost and impending winter cannot finish it off.
A friend of mine was clearing off his land and got it on his face it was savage, he nearly itched his skin off and it went black and frightened the crap out of me when I saw him.
Merry Christmas to you and yours Boston btw you are brilliant finding and loading those QPR highlights .

ta, and if we ever play again, I intend to continue.

Told this story before but worth reposting...shortly after moving into our present address, Mrs Boston, looking out from a second story window, had the dubious pleasure of noticing a young gentleman squatting behind a neighbours garage, then wiping himself with abundant foliage.
A couple of days later we were saying hello to some of the locals, when the female of the partnership excused herself as she had to attend to her poor boy Tony, who had the nastiest rash she'd ever seen.

Omicron Prickly Heat on 03:39 - Dec 25 with 1900 viewsMatch82

Well this thread has gone in a number of different directions! Happy Christmas all and hope anyone under the weather feels better soon and those unable to spend time with loved ones get there chance in the coming weeks.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:02 - Dec 25 with 1823 viewsstowmarketrange

I woke up coughing and spluttering about 1.30 this morning again.My mrs says it’s time to ring 111 as I sounded like I was dying.A recorded message advised me to go on the website,which I managed to complete by 1.59.At 02.02 I finally got my result from my pcr test taken on Thursday afternoon.Luckily it was negative,so that was a relief at least.
About 30 minutes later the locum phones up and goes through my symptoms with me.”It’s probably a chest infection and I’ll write out a prescription for some antibiotics.”
They’d better work quickly if I’m going to make the Bournemouth game in less than 60 hours time.

Merry Christmas to everyone on here and their families.Especially those poor souls suffering at the minute.
Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:24 - Dec 25 with 1732 viewsR_from_afar

Omicron Prickly Heat on 08:02 - Dec 25 by stowmarketrange

I woke up coughing and spluttering about 1.30 this morning again.My mrs says it’s time to ring 111 as I sounded like I was dying.A recorded message advised me to go on the website,which I managed to complete by 1.59.At 02.02 I finally got my result from my pcr test taken on Thursday afternoon.Luckily it was negative,so that was a relief at least.
About 30 minutes later the locum phones up and goes through my symptoms with me.”It’s probably a chest infection and I’ll write out a prescription for some antibiotics.”
They’d better work quickly if I’m going to make the Bournemouth game in less than 60 hours time.

Merry Christmas to everyone on here and their families.Especially those poor souls suffering at the minute.

Hope you soon feel better.

We are at Mrs R from Afar's parents, in Scotland, providing support to my father in law who has been knocked for six by the rapid and tragic decline of his wife, who has advanced dementia. He's a real trooper, thank goodness.

Now, however, we are bricking it because we found out yesterday that a neighbour he had a drink with has COVID and that could blow all our Christmas plans out of the water.

We are doing regular tests and all feel fine at the moment, but...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:00 - Dec 25 with 1693 viewsNorthernr

A negative test for Christmas morning
Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:10 - Dec 25 with 1684 viewsR_from_afar

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:00 - Dec 25 by Northernr

Happy test-mas to you, sir

Break out the Peronis!

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:50 - Dec 25 with 1618 viewsA40Bosh

Omicron Prickly Heat on 10:00 - Dec 25 by Northernr

Great news Clive enjoy the Peronis.
Positive again last night and this morning and sinuses feel like they want to explode so going anywhere near Peroni would be a bad call for me.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Next target is a negative test before Bournemouth

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Omicron Prickly Heat on 11:00 - Dec 25 with 1609 viewsstowmarketrange

Omicron Prickly Heat on 09:24 - Dec 25 by R_from_afar

Hope you soon feel better.

We are at Mrs R from Afar's parents, in Scotland, providing support to my father in law who has been knocked for six by the rapid and tragic decline of his wife, who has advanced dementia. He's a real trooper, thank goodness.

Now, however, we are bricking it because we found out yesterday that a neighbour he had a drink with has COVID and that could blow all our Christmas plans out of the water.

We are doing regular tests and all feel fine at the moment, but...

I hope it all goes well for you and your family.It really is a worry when you’ve got elderly relatives isn’t it?Both my in-laws got covid last December and it’s left my mother-in-law with diabetes,and needing daily treatment from a couple of nurses who come in and check her sugar levels and make sure everything is ok.My father-in- law got away pretty scot free though.
I’ve never had it myself,but it can’t be any worse than I feel now with this.
Best wishes to everyone suffering now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024